HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pass The Poutine: Our The Boston Bruins @ Le Habs 2/6 7:30 PM (NBCSN)

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 11:06 PM
reffree

vCash: 500
Just asking. Montreal changed their "soft team" philosophy this year. It's the end of their so boring "wait and see" approch of the game. They play a little more like we play and a part of me thinks it will be easier for the B's to beat them because of this. The other part of me say hey it's the Habs it won't be easy, but still ...

Old
02-05-2013, 11:09 PM
northeastern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
Yea it was very good and he said that Boston talked how important the game is because it's for the first place in the division. He also said that Clause told them that the Habs was very good this year so don't take them slightly. So we should expect a big game from them. Talked about how Chara is a good leader and a very pleasant guy to be with.

Overall good interview
Was it in french?

I've never heard bergy say anything in french...

Old
02-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Just asking. Montreal changed their "soft team" philosophy this year. It's the end of their so boring "wait and see" approch of the game. They play a little more like we play and a part of me thinks it will be easier for the B's to beat them because of this. The other part of me say hey it's the Habs it won't be easy, but still ...
They still have great skaters and puck-handlers in back and front though, so it's not like all of a sudden they're a bunch of neanderthals lumbering around the ice. No, I think they'll be at least as challenging as ever. What we do have now that we didn't in the 2011 series is a healthy Lucic, a hot Krejci, and Seguin logging full minutes and itching to score.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Shaby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Is there a link to the interview?
Quote:
Was it in french?

I've never heard bergy say anything in french...
Well it's in french so i don't know if you guys might be able to understand it.

http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=67&videoID=119714 It's in 3 part

Old
02-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
Well it's in french so i don't know if you guys might be able to understand it.

http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=67&videoID=119714 It's in 3 part
Merci.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:24 PM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
They still have great skaters and puck-handlers in back and front though, so it's not like all of a sudden they're a bunch of neanderthals lumbering around the ice. No, I think they'll be at least as challenging as ever. What we do have now that we didn't in the 2011 series is a healthy Lucic, a hot Krejci, and Seguin logging full minutes and itching to score.
They're not neanderthals, that's not what I was saying at all

Just, they were a team that didn't take any chances. They didn't forchek, cycle the puck,etc. They were just five guy waiting for the opposition to enter their zone. When they had their mistake they were fast to counter attack. Bruins always have difficulty against those team (see Tampa, Caps last year, Minnesota, etc.).

Now, Therrien make them forechek, try to make them more tough, etc. That means less of "wait and see approch with perfect defensive positionning" and I think it could somewhat help the B's.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
They're not neanderthals, that's not what I was saying at all

Just, they were a team that didn't take any chances. They didn't forchek, cycle the puck,etc. They were just five guy waiting for the opposition to enter their zone. When they had their mistake they were fast to counter attack. Bruins always have difficulty against those team (see Tampa, Caps last year, Minnesota, etc.).

Now, Therrien make them forechek, try to make them more tough, etc. That means less of "wait and see approch with perfect defensive positionning" and I think it could somewhat help the B's.
LOL I didn't think you were saying they'd become "neanderthals"; that was my hyperbole! But it's true that I misread you somewhat (I think it was the "soft team philosophy" phrase that threw me off somewhat). You make a good point regarding the overall scheme, and it is possible that, playing a less risk-averse game, MTL will open up the neutral zone more and that this will play into the B's hands. It will be interesting to see if this is the case.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:02 AM
thewall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
Oh another xxxxxxx game at the Bell Tower ..... Hopefully the Zebras don't decide this game Go B's crush z french frogs
funny that you say that.. Bruins have more frogs like you say then the Habs... Caron, Bergeron, Tardif.... and dont forget about your legend #77....

The best sports rivally will resume tommorow!

Last edited by TP: 02-06-2013 at 06:41 AM. Reason: mod
Old
02-06-2013, 12:32 AM
eightspokedb
pickee chickadee

Johnny V - miss you!!!

We need your Vachon cakes....

Old
02-06-2013, 01:04 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
holy crap I totally forgot that fat lips Therrien is their coach again. As if i don't hate this team enough as it is!

Who can forget this uber doosh making the decapitation hand signal to J. Thornton after the Zednik diving incident. And what did our fearless leader of a coach Frobbie Ftorek do in response? Stood there like an idiot with his arms crossed blankly staring towards center ice. I'd like to see sausage lips try that with CJ.

Man am i FIRED UP!!
That's an interesting perspective. I thought McLaren just lit him up and knocked him out cold. In fact, I made my first posts on this website that night just to talk about how I thought McLaren baited Zednik for that hit in retaliation for a very solid two-hander that Zednik put on the back of McLaren's leg after an earlier Habs goal. I thought Zednik was living by the sword, but that was just a brutal hit.

What a **** show the internet was that night.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:32 AM
BklyNBruiN
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
Ya but the reaction in Montreal over Pacioretty was beyond a minority of fans. Government and law enforcement was involved. Montreal and Canadian based companies threatened to pull sponsorship of the NHL if nothing was done to Chara. Never did we see this type of reaction to anything, even dirty hits perpetrated by repeat offenders. It was a hypocrisy that extended beyond on fans, Montreal typical.
Right on man. Very well said. You know, I was thinking that it was the Montreal Canadians who were at the forefront, and pushed to alter the whole compliance buyout clause; in the new collective bargaining agreement. Just so they can get rid of the embarrassment that was Gomez.

But to piggy back on your point. I agree it was totally ridiculous that they pressed charges on Chara. Let me shut up.. I just hope that we beat them down on the ice and on the scoreboard. Lets Go Bruins!! Kick azz!!

Canadians lets play a good hockey game tomorrow. No diving, no crying n whining to officials. That is embarrassing! You would never see a player of the Boston Bruins whine or cry to an official, ever. I hope Lucic puts Suban into the second row..

See ya in a few hours.

Last edited by BklyNBruiN: 02-06-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old
02-06-2013, 01:48 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
Wait a second - one Cup since 1972 and you're already posting stuff like this? C'mon, you guys are smarter than that!
You'd think so but...

Old
02-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
holy crap I totally forgot that fat lips Therrien is their coach again. As if i don't hate this team enough as it is!

Who can forget this uber doosh making the decapitation hand signal to J. Thornton after the Zednik diving incident. And what did our fearless leader of a coach Frobbie Ftorek do in response? Stood there like an idiot with his arms crossed blankly staring towards center ice. I'd like to see sausage lips try that with CJ.

Man am i FIRED UP!!
the zednik...diving.... incident?.... have you ever even seen the play in question..? dont get me wrong i love your passion , i respect my enemy and love matchups vs boston no matter the date and time of the month and no matter who wins, and i love how therrien doing the gesture bugged you and how i loved watching him do it..

but...diving...incident? is it a joke or is this what you truly believe? im just curious if people actually think this way cuz that ones a bit of a flabbergaster..

Old
02-06-2013, 03:27 AM
Fenway

vCash: 152

Old
02-06-2013, 04:31 AM
sooshii
SISU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Is Marchand good to go? thx.
Game-time decision.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:21 AM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Nice to see the Hab trolls are out in force.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:41 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I can find clips of Bruins dirty hits.

I can find clips of Bruins diving.

I can find clips of Scott Gomez scoring goals.

This proves... what exactly?
You have far too much time on your hands??

Old
02-06-2013, 06:05 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall View Post
funny that you say that.. Bruins have more frogs like you say then the Habs... Caron, Bergeron, Tardif.... and dont forget about your legend #77.... What a stupid statement...

The best sports rivally will resume tommorow!
Get a sense of humor maybe?

Old
02-06-2013, 06:10 AM
Soderberg

Just hoping for a fair game with no ridiculous power plays. I hope Marchand can play. I'm a little bit worried about our PK without Paille. I wonder who Prust is going to try and fight.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:14 AM
DarrenBanks56

good to have the rivalry back in full force again.
Last 2 years wasnt the same with the Habs suckin

Hoping for a battle tonite- should be a good one.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:35 AM
Bocephus86

Im almost in enemy territory a literal stones throw from Quebec in NY for work. Thank god this game is on NBC sports or I would be forced to watch the Habs feed (I get a few Montreal channels here; I assume one would carry the game). I almost had a panic attack when I found I would be away for the first Habs game but the national rivalry game saved me.

If anything crazy happens I may flip over just to see the reaction!

Old
02-06-2013, 06:40 AM
smack66

Going to tonights game. nothing better then wearing my Bruins Jersey when we win in Montreal but also nothing worse then wearing my Bruins jersey in Montreal after a loss.
BTW, funny title for the game time. No Poutine around because of a big fire a St-Alberts cheese.. locals will feel the pain on that one...

Old
02-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
You have far too much time on your hands??
See, this guy took a shot at me, but at least it's funny! Rock on!

Old
02-06-2013, 06:50 AM
TCL40

Quote:
I hope Marchand can play. I'm a little bit worried about our PK without Paille.
Me too, especially if Marchand is also out, since those are two key PKers.

My guess is that Krejci will probably end up pulling some PK duties.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:52 AM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 195
pretty excited for this one, just hoping the hotel room in Buffalo has the NBC sports network

Closed Thread