HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blocking shots

Old
02-06-2013, 12:16 AM
JCrusher*

vCash: 500
Blocking shots

As much as i hate the devils announcers they brought up some fair points. Last year our identity was blocking shots and playing hard nosed defense. That is gone right now. we have 35 block shots which is ver low from the top teams who have like 75. Hell Salvador has 25 alone. Im not making excuses for Hank because he has been bad this year but we dont block shots anymore and i think tahts has to do with losing guys like feds dubi prust and now with callahan being out

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:23 AM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
As much as i hate the devils announcers they brought up some fair points. Last year our identity was blocking shots and playing hard nosed defense. That is gone right now. we have 35 block shots which is ver low from the top teams who have like 75. Hell Salvador has 25 alone. Im not making excuses for Hank because he has been bad this year but we dont block shots anymore and i think tahts has to do with losing guys like feds dubi prust and now with callahan being out
I think this resonates from Torts. I remember hearing an interview with him at the beginning of the season about how important he thought it was for guys not to get hurt in the shortened season. You can definitely tell a difference.. guys aren't getting up to the points like they did last season and it's really noticeable

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Where are you getting 35 blocked shots from?

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:29 AM
wr50l

Statistically, teams that lead the shot blocking tally over a season don't come anywhere near the Cup so I'm not too worried about this aspect of things. The more concerning part of losing Prust, Dubinsky and Anisimov is that we haven't replaced them with players of equal skill.

wr50l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Problematique

Here I was thinking they were blocking passes.

Problematique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Where are you getting 35 blocked shots from?
It appears 35 blocked shots is the amount they had in their road games prior to this one. So you're comparing their total from 3 road games to other teams. Some teams have played as many as eight road games.

They have 123 blocked shots in 9 games.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:45 AM
mike14

does anyone know Lundqvist's thoughts on the amount of shot blocking? I remember reading a quote from Brodeur ages ago (may have been 05-06) about he wasn't a fan of his players blocking shots as it meant there was more chance of a deflection and him being out of position.

If there is a drop off in blocks, it could be a request based on goalie's preference.

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote