HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Spike TV Bringing Back The Joe Schmo Show

Old
01-30-2013, 09:40 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
dammit, I misse it again

is there any way to watch this online? (in Canada)

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Canadian Game

vCash: 500
I believe you can watch it directly from Spike's website, and without commercials too. I had to watch an episode I missed a couple of weeks ago.

Canadian Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:22 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game View Post
I believe you can watch it directly from Spike's website, and without commercials too. I had to watch an episode I missed a couple of weeks ago.
looks like you can. Latest episode hasn't been uploaded yet though

thanks

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Bringing in the stereotypical movie warden and that speech..oh man, hilarious. That was a little risky, if Chase recognized that it was the speech from "The Fugitive" he probably would have realized the escape was a hoax. I know most people wouldn't remember that speech, but that movie did used to play on TV every other day.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:04 AM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I don't get it. What did Chase see?

I thought all he saw was some crew men working with ladders and lights and stuff. And if that's the case, why not just say "Yes, Chase, you're on a reality TV show. There are crewmen around here for that reality TV show. Now that we're done stating the obvious, back to bounty hunting"?
that's what I was thinking too. I didn't think this was as big a deal as they made it.

so, the asian girl goes out this week, obviously, sorry to spoil it for everyone, but the little excursion into the outside world where Chase holds the hooker at gunpoint clearly happened after she and Lavernius were both eliminated. Still not sure why they did that, and not sure why no one else has pointed this out!

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:51 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Think the house was on "lock down." If there was a real criminal possibly lose on the compound would anyone really be just walking around outside?
Yeah that was my thinking. That since it was (in Chase's mind) a "crime scene", you wouldn't have people casually just roaming around outside. They can spin their way out of it but it looks like it set off some alarm bells with Chase because in the preview for next week they showed the producer (I think) saying that Chase suspects there are some actors on the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
that's what I was thinking too. I didn't think this was as big a deal as they made it.

so, the asian girl goes out this week, obviously, sorry to spoil it for everyone, but the little excursion into the outside world where Chase holds the hooker at gunpoint clearly happened after she and Lavernius were both eliminated. Still not sure why they did that, and not sure why no one else has pointed this out!
Yep, looks like you're right. Wonder why they switched it around like that...guess they were short on drama that one week?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

The **** in the urn was too far and hard to believe, if it was just empty it would have been a better idea.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Yeah, they obviously pushed it too far. Especially if it was all done in one day. If they had to do the urn thing, bring it back on another day, when Chase isn't suspicious about the prison break.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:04 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Lindy View Post
The **** in the urn was too far and hard to believe, if it was just empty it would have been a better idea.
Agreed, why do all of this stuff in one day?

*uck the duck made me

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Next episode looks great, Randy messing around with Wanda

Old
02-05-2013, 11:48 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yep, looks like you're right. Wonder why they switched it around like that...guess they were short on drama that one week?
And now this week, Skyler was nowhere to be found when they filmed the commercial, with no explanation. She's out next, and the commercial was actually filmed after she leaves. Book it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Lindy View Post
I called it

Old
02-06-2013, 02:03 AM
17futurecap

Quote:
And now this week, Skyler was nowhere to be found when they filmed the commercial, with no explanation. She's out next, and the commercial was actually filmed after she leaves. Book it!

I called it
Nice catch again . From the preview it looks like her husband is not dead, and is going to be in a video next week . Maybe she "leaves" the show to be with him, and we get an elimination as well.

4 episodes left.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:56 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Nice catch again . From the preview it looks like her husband is not dead, and is going to be in a video next week . Maybe she "leaves" the show to be with him, and we get an elimination as well.

4 episodes left.
these Joe Schmo series are way too short.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Ralph
Stevehead.

vCash: 1135
Quote:

I called it
I thought they made it have her with Allison trying to cool her down and that's when she said that Allison was talking crap on everyone, but that's probably just editing.

Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Have My Baby Pierre

The chick that was acting to be in love with the black guy was on Showtime's "Californication" the other night, she was naked almost the entire time and played quite an interesting character, will be hard to look at her the same now . She looks A LOT better in Californication as well, very attractive.

Have My Baby Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:43 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
yeah seriously, the guy editing/cutting this show did a terrible job not hiding the spoilers.
i noticed the two missing when they were in the van and during the commercial the blonde chick wasnt there anymore (not even the asian. where at least they did mention she was pissed for not getting the immunity, so didnt wanna show up).

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Oh, producers, you're teetering on that line.

If you're trying to get Chase back into the "Oh, I'll believe anything" mode, maybe the resurrected husband wasn't the best choice to go with immediately after the **** in the urn.

Now, if they kept up with that cheating Wanda storyline or something similar, they probably could have hooked him back in.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:00 AM
17futurecap

Randy was funny tonight, love when he was like this is all acting when he was getting searched by Wanda.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
yeah seriously, the guy editing/cutting this show did a terrible job not hiding the spoilers.
i noticed the two missing when they were in the van and during the commercial the blonde chick wasnt there anymore (not even the asian. where at least they did mention she was pissed for not getting the immunity, so didnt wanna show up).
With the van there was clearly another van behind them when they were driving so I thought maybe LV and Allison were just in that van with the camera people but with the commercial it was obvious Skylar would go next.

Also I am wondering if the notebook thing is something they have added after so that Chase can say what he was feeling at the time but wasn't willing to tell the producers. Its just seems very weird that he would suddenly shut himself off and then write all his inner thoughts he wants to keep to himself in clear view of so many cameras. Especially when all they would have to do is send some guy in to read his notebook when they were doing a challenge or something if they couldn't read it.

Edit: don't get me wrong though, I am still enjoying the show, just some odd decisions being made

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:36 AM
seventieslord

Quote:
Oh, producers, you're teetering on that line.

If you're trying to get Chase back into the "Oh, I'll believe anything" mode, maybe the resurrected husband wasn't the best choice to go with immediately after the **** in the urn.

Now, if they kept up with that cheating Wanda storyline or something similar, they probably could have hooked him back in.
Yeah, like seriously.

I'm getting sick of this. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm seeing this through to the end.

But the whole appeal of the show is watching the reactions of the mark as the situations get more and more outrageous... and they believe it.

But Chase isn't believing this anymore. they've wrecked it. So that part of it is lost and it isn't coming back. But I don't blame them for going forward.

I mean, you don't set all this up, film it, blow it, and then not go through with putting it on TV because it was blown. Let the world see the failure and applaud you for trying, and in the process make sure everyone learns what a great guy Chase is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
With the van there was clearly another van behind them when they were driving so I thought maybe LV and Allison were just in that van with the camera people but with the commercial it was obvious Skylar would go next.

Also I am wondering if the notebook thing is something they have added after so that Chase can say what he was feeling at the time but wasn't willing to tell the producers. Its just seems very weird that he would suddenly shut himself off and then write all his inner thoughts he wants to keep to himself in clear view of so many cameras. Especially when all they would have to do is send some guy in to read his notebook when they were doing a challenge or something if they couldn't read it.

Edit: don't get me wrong though, I am still enjoying the show, just some odd decisions being made
Interesting theory. I wouldn't be surprised if you were absolutely right.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Evil Speaker
Registered

vCash: 1575
Lorenzo is back!! Hahaha

Evil Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
17futurecap

Lorenzo coming back for the last two episodes is outstanding.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

The decisions the directors make in this show are mind-boggling.

"Oh, she's OK with being buried alive, so we're going to put all our eggs in this basket to give everyone immunity"

NEWS FLASH: No one's OK with being buried alive. Especially someone who's never done it before.

"Oh, we've given Chase the ability to eliminate somebody. I'm sure he'll choose the ex-con he's been buddy-buddy with since the beginning, and NOT the D-bag that's been grinding his nerves"

Old
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Ralph
Stevehead.

vCash: 1135
They don't need to go with shock value every damn episode. No wonder the guy is probably just playing the producers at this point, knowing he'll get the money anyways.

Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
The decisions the directors make in this show are mind-boggling.

"Oh, she's OK with being buried alive, so we're going to put all our eggs in this basket to give everyone immunity"

NEWS FLASH: No one's OK with being buried alive. Especially someone who's never done it before.

"Oh, we've given Chase the ability to eliminate somebody. I'm sure he'll choose the ex-con he's been buddy-buddy with since the beginning, and NOT the D-bag that's been grinding his nerves"
The actress even said she is really claustrophobic and has a fear of being buried alive..so why would they give that as her challenge? That made no sense to me at all!

Perhaps that was actually the way they wanted it to happen and they were just creating some drama for the viewers?

I LOVE this show though haha, my buddy recommended it to me and I watched every episode these past few days.