HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

At what hypothetical point does Lindy get fired?

View Poll Results: When, if ever?
Sabres continue their trend and lose 4 of next 5 6 6.98%
Sabres continue their trend and lose 8 of next 10 9 10.47%
Sabres continue their trend and lose 15 of next 20 7 8.14%
End of season at the earliest 64 74.42%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 09:36 PM
  #26
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcs View Post
It's a business. Pegula can't be that far up Ruff's ass that he lets this carry on for an entire season... right?
Why would Pegula care about the business side?
He can just drill another gas well instead and continue to pay his idols.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:38 PM
  #27
rabi
Registered User
 
rabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
Where's the Never choice?

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:49 PM
  #28
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 29,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
I'm pretty sure he went on record saying that he will never fire Lindy. It has to come from up top for it to happen.
He said something to that effect. But my goodness...it's so obvious at this point. I was most certainly one of the last men left standing on Ruph's bandwagon... but it is so blatant now that he has been shut off and tuned out by the squad.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:05 PM
  #29
EichHart
Registered User
 
EichHart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,574
vCash: 50
If we lose another 7, 8 straight games there is no way he isn't fired. What is it 1 win out of the last 8? Combine that with 7 or 8 straight losses and hes gone.

EichHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:05 PM
  #30
Seanothan
Registered User
 
Seanothan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Our next 6 games;

Montreal
NY Islanders
Boston
Ottawa
Boston
Pittsburgh

It's entirely possible we drop all 6, and have 1 win in our last 14.

I can see that being a scenario where we see a coaching change.. Although I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see one either

Seanothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:06 PM
  #31
EichHart
Registered User
 
EichHart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,574
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanothan View Post
Our next 6 games;

Montreal
NY Islanders
Boston
Ottawa
Boston
Pittsburgh

It's entirely possible we drop all 6, and have 1 win in our last 14.

I can see that being a scenario where we see a coaching change.. Although I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see one either
You forgot Vanek averages 2 PPG against Boston in his career. Let the stat padding begin!!

EichHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:07 PM
  #32
ROR
fka BCS
 
ROR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,979
vCash: 500
If we're really lucky, maybe Lindy will get sick of coaching and step down at some point in the next decade .

**** this organization.

ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:09 PM
  #33
Seanothan
Registered User
 
Seanothan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
You forgot Vanek averages 2 PPG against Boston in his career. Let the stat padding begin!!
Stupid me, I forgot about our inevitable thrashing of the Bruins next week that will fool the idiots in the front office into thinking this is a playoff team

Seanothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:15 PM
  #34
TehDoak
Forgot About Z
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 23,367
vCash: 903
If the Sabres miss the playoffs.....

That's no playoffs 5 out of 7 seasons with a team in the top 10 of the league in salary spending each season.

Nobody has THAT much teflon...right?

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:21 PM
  #35
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
If the Sabres miss the playoffs.....

That's no playoffs 5 out of 7 seasons with a team in the top 10 of the league in salary spending each season.

Nobody has THAT much teflon...right?
And in a league where 8 out of the 15 teams make the playoffs, absolutely pathetic.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:22 PM
  #36
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 44,430
vCash: 500
I would imagine in the summer. I don't think Pegula's infatuation with him will be broken by a a few bad weeks of hockey or even a month. It will take an entire **** storm of a season to do it.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:33 PM
  #37
beerme1
Registered User
 
beerme1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I would imagine in the summer. I don't think Pegula's infatuation with him will be broken by a a few bad weeks of hockey or even a month. It will take an entire **** storm of a season to do it.
I agree with partly. It will have to come from an advisor who becomes embarrased for Terry before he rolls over on it and then it will be interesting to see if Darcy decides that if that is the decision he is going too.
One thing that does have this process started we are off to a great start if the goal is a **** storm of a season.

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:39 PM
  #38
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 29,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I would imagine in the summer. I don't think Pegula's infatuation with him will be broken by a a few bad weeks of hockey or even a month. It will take an entire **** storm of a season to do it.
Last year was a ****storm of a season until it was salvaged by a late run that bought him more time. Had they carried that momentum into this year, and added Ott/Scott + a developing Foligno to inject some life, I'd be okay. I'm not.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:51 PM
  #39
jph1963
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Can't Black do it? No starstruck mentality like Pegula or husbandry with Darcy. Maybe he is the smart hockey guy we thought he was and sees the embarassing situation for what it is, a complete cluster****.

jph1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:05 AM
  #40
flashsabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
I don't think he gets fired. I think they hold a press conference to say that he is moving upstairs to some front office position and they bring in a new coach.

I have respected Ruff and Darcy over the years but this team is dying for a fresh set of eyes running it. I would love to see both let go and Dudley brought in to run the show with a coach of his choosing.

flashsabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:07 AM
  #41
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 29,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcminaker View Post
I don't think he gets fired. I think they hold a press conference to say that he is moving upstairs to some front office position and they bring in a new coach.

I have respected Ruff and Darcy over the years but this team is dying for a fresh set of eyes running it. I would love to see both let go and Dudley brought in to run the show with a coach of his choosing.
Safe to say Regier isn't going anywhere in the near future.

Agreed on "fresh set of eyes" but I gear that more towards the coach and the need for a new voice in the players' proverbial ears.

Sadly, scarily, I wouldn't be shocked if they bumped Ruff up to the front office when trying to hire a new coach. I'll wait for that sideshow to actually happen, and to see exactly what role he'd have upstairs, before I completely rip it to pieces.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:30 AM
  #42
Squantosawuss
Registered User
 
Squantosawuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: B-lo
Country: Angola
Posts: 1,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot85 View Post
If people keep buying tickets, merchandiser, ect., then the business side doesn't matter.
Tom Golisano, is that you?

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:37 AM
  #43
Squantosawuss
Registered User
 
Squantosawuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: B-lo
Country: Angola
Posts: 1,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Safe to say Regier isn't going anywhere in the near future.

Agreed on "fresh set of eyes" but I gear that more towards the coach and the need for a new voice in the players' proverbial ears.

Sadly, scarily, I wouldn't be shocked if they bumped Ruff up to the front office when trying to hire a new coach. I'll wait for that sideshow to actually happen, and to see exactly what role he'd have upstairs, before I completely rip it to pieces.
THIS is the most likely scenario. Pegula is a fanboy. he didn't buy the team to make money. If he had, Ruff would be in jeopardy.

Fact is, fanboy Terry did not buy the team expecting to have to fire one of his hockey idols. He probably expected that after throwing money at all the areas he's thrown money at, things would fall into place. So, he will probably never fire Ruff, but rather find a position a little further down the trough to spare Lindy and humiliation---as if being fired once in 16 years in the NHL is so humiliating.

Something like:
Lindy Ruff, VP in Charge of Hockey System Execution

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:18 AM
  #44
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbia, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,102
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post
Something like:
Lindy Ruff, VP in Charge of Hockey System Execution
Except his system is probably the worst part of his coaching.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:52 AM
  #45
ryanbiggame*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Clarence, BUFFalo
Country: United States
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ryanbiggame* Send a message via Skype™ to ryanbiggame*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
I doubt that Ruff will get fired no matter how awful this season is. The collective assessment will be that this is a young roster in transition, and that all the pieces aren't in place yet or fully developed. I will lose all patience, cancel Center Ice and wait another couple seasons until he's finally replaced, and hope a friend clues me in before the next season starts.
Save yourself some money and just watch MSG HD bud. If you want you could come over and enjoy the games at my house.... Naked

ryanbiggame* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:26 AM
  #46
Superhero
Registered User
 
Superhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Amherst(Buffalo), NY
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
He should have been fired already

Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:51 AM
  #47
sabregoat
Registered User
 
sabregoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post
THIS is the most likely scenario. Pegula is a fanboy. he didn't buy the team to make money. If he had, Ruff would be in jeopardy.

Fact is, fanboy Terry did not buy the team expecting to have to fire one of his hockey idols. He probably expected that after throwing money at all the areas he's thrown money at, things would fall into place. So, he will probably never fire Ruff, but rather find a position a little further down the trough to spare Lindy and humiliation---as if being fired once in 16 years in the NHL is so humiliating.

Something like:
Lindy Ruff, VP in Charge of Hockey System Execution
More like "Backup goalie development manager"

sabregoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:57 AM
  #48
whiplash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,811
vCash: 500
Why would Lindy accept a front office job when at least 5 teams will be beating down his door to have him as their head coach? As much as we dislike him, there WILL be coachless teams at the end of every year and they would be chomping at the bit to get a guy like Lindy.

Make no mistake: I'm done with him. I held out longer than most here but he indisputably needs to go. But the idea that he'd stay here for some token front office position? Come on, you guys are smarter than that.

whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:09 AM
  #49
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,754
vCash: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
I'm pretty sure he went on record saying that he will never fire Lindy. It has to come from up top for it to happen.
Regier has never made that statement on the record. Stop making things up.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:16 AM
  #50
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner
 
Mit Yarrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,679
vCash: 1663
Why is everyone so convinced that Terry won't be an advocate for firing Lindy?

Unless he's commented since the "lindy ain't going nowhere" quote, I'm not sure how you know he hasn't changed his mind in the meantime.

Mit Yarrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.