HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit-NYI

Old
02-05-2013, 10:45 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

vCash: 500
Detroit-NYI

Mark Streit

2013 2nd round pick
Martin Frk
Kyle Quincey

This trade is assuming the Islanders don't look to be contenders as the season goes on. Wings add a top-pairing defenseman who is an upcoming UFA, Islanders acquire a young talented forward prospect, a 2nd round pick to replace the one they dealt for Visnovsky, and Kyle Quincey so that they remain above the salary floor (who could probably use a change of scenery anyways, since his play in Detroit this season has been sub-par at best).

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
That's some beastly overpayment by Detroit...I'd also think Detroit would rather target a defensive dman.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:52 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post

Mark Streit

2013 2nd round pick
Martin Frk
Kyle Quincey

This trade is assuming the Islanders don't look to be contenders as the season goes on. Wings add a top-pairing defenseman who is an upcoming UFA, Islanders acquire a young talented forward prospect, a 2nd round pick to replace the one they dealt for Visnovsky, and Kyle Quincey so that they remain above the salary floor (who could probably use a change of scenery anyways, since his play in Detroit this season has been sub-par at best).
If the isles are out of the race by the trade deadline and don't try to extend Streit's contract, I'd expect he will be shopped.

No interest in a struggling Quincey, who make $3.7m per. Isles cap is about $50m, so no need to take on his contract to stay above the floor.

Offer something Snow would want.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:52 PM
LeighDx13

I wouldn't wanna give up Frk, but a Quincey/2nd for Streit would be good. I would take that

LeighDx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Thats My Hat

IMO, that's an overpayment from Detroit's end. I like Streit, but he's 35 years old with a minus 27 last season and is going to be a UFA next season. We're also looking for more of a defensive D.

Thats My Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:00 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
If the isles are out of the race by the trade deadline and don't try to extend Streit's contract, I'd expect he will be shopped.

No interest in a struggling Quincey, who make $3.7m per. Isles cap is about $50m, so no need to take on his contract to stay above the floor.

Offer something Snow would want.
Sorry, I was mistaken about the floor, I thought it was $49m when it is actually $44m. Even so, some salary would likely have to be coming back from Detroit. Also, getting 2 2nd round picks for Streit is a pretty good deal, and Snow would be pretty foolish not to at least consider it

Old
02-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Goalie guy

You guys have some game pucks and some stick tape you can have Kyle Quincey.

Goalie guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:10 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Sorry, I was mistaken about the floor, I thought it was $49m when it is actually $44m. Even so, some salary would likely have to be coming back from Detroit. Also, getting 2 2nd round picks for Streit is a pretty good deal, and Snow would be pretty foolish not to at least consider it
Isles aren't taking on a bad contract to move Streit.

and 2 seconds in a draft that lacks depth, is hardly something to get excited about.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...of-talent.html

2013 NHL draft lacks depth of talent
Brian Costello
2013-02-05 11:40:00
There’s good news and bad news for teams getting off to sluggish starts this lockout-shortened season. The good news is there’s some high-end young talent available in the 2013 NHL draft – Nathan MacKinnon, Seth Jones and Jonathan Drouin at the head of the class – for the bottom-feeders to feast on. The bad news? Contrary to popular belief, the 2013 draft isn’t nearly as deep as scouts initially projected the past couple of seasons.

“The 2013 draft won’t come close to 2003,” another scout said. “Let’s make that clear right now. Take away the first eight or 10 picks and you’re looking at guys who can contribute on the third and fourth lines, not the first line.”

Old
02-05-2013, 11:18 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles aren't taking on a bad contract to move Streit.

and 2 seconds in a draft that lacks depth, is hardly something to get excited about.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...of-talent.html

2013 NHL draft lacks depth of talent
Brian Costello
2013-02-05 11:40:00
There’s good news and bad news for teams getting off to sluggish starts this lockout-shortened season. The good news is there’s some high-end young talent available in the 2013 NHL draft – Nathan MacKinnon, Seth Jones and Jonathan Drouin at the head of the class – for the bottom-feeders to feast on. The bad news? Contrary to popular belief, the 2013 draft isn’t nearly as deep as scouts initially projected the past couple of seasons.

“The 2013 draft won’t come close to 2003,” another scout said. “Let’s make that clear right now. Take away the first eight or 10 picks and you’re looking at guys who can contribute on the third and fourth lines, not the first line.”
What? This is the first guy I've heard give any kind of criticism of this draft's depth. Most people are saying how incredible it is that there are 50 1st round calibre players.

And two 2nd round picks are two 2nd round picks, regardless of draft depth. Streit is a UFA and NYI doesn't have 2nd round pick.I can understand not wanting to take on a bad contract, but your reasoning involving the pick/Frk is confusing to me.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:19 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
What? This is the first guy I've heard give any kind of criticism of this draft's depth. Most people are saying how incredible it is that there are 50 1st round calibre players.

And two 2nd round picks are two 2nd round picks, regardless of draft depth. Streit is a UFA and NYI doesn't have 2nd round pick.I can understand not wanting to take on a bad contract, but your reasoning involving the pick/Frk is confusing to me.
Totally agree with the what? This is the best draft year since 2003. Part of why I don't really want Detroit to move picks to begin with. Ride it out hope they get healthy, if not take your medicine and trade the guys with value, as much as we hate Cleary right now he should fetch something from a contender and get a good draft hall. Detroit has options with their pipeline and they are generally trading guys that have that Stanley Cup winner checkmark on their resume.

This would be kind of a panic move. It doesn't help long-term do we really care that much about 22 straight years if there is no realistic chance at winning it all? Holland needs to ride out this storm, not make it worse.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:19 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Snow was able to deal Campoli as the key to a trade and got a late first. I'd hope he'd get that, using Streit as the key player in a trade. Get a late first and move up in the first round, using that other team's first. Snow likes using those late 1st rounders/high 2nds to move around in the draft: 2009 Tavares and De Haan. 2010 Nino and B. Nelson

If a 2nd+ Frk are the best offer Snow gets, after offering Streit to every team in the league, then he's likely take it.

Frk gets lost in the shuffle of a deep forward group, with a limited number of nhl spots available. Who knows how many yrs before that 2nd rounder is contributing, if ever.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:07 AM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:

Mark Streit

2013 2nd round pick
Martin Frk
Kyle Quincey

How about forget Streit and forget Frk

You take Quincey and we take Carkner.

Hobnobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:13 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
How about forget Streit and forget Frk

You take Quincey and we take Carkner.
I'd rather have Carkner at $1.5m, then Quincey at $3.7m.

At $3.7m, Quincey would be the isles highest paid D going into next season. I want better bang, for Wang's limited bucks.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:37 AM
Drunkspleen
Face of the company

Streit just isn't a guy who is going to get the wings to give up Frk.

Drunkspleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:57 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkspleen View Post
Streit just isn't a guy who is going to get the wings to give up Frk.
He's a top pairing defenseman and Frk isn't one of your top 5 prospects, even without counting Nyquist. No doubt Holland sees Frk as a valuable asset, but by no means immovable for a good piece like Streit.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:59 AM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
He's a top pairing defenseman and Frk isn't one of your top 5 prospects, even without counting Nyquist. No doubt Holland sees Frk as a valuable asset, but by no means immovable for a good piece like Streit.
Streit isnt a good piece for the Red Wings. We need defense not offense.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:05 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
Streit isnt a good piece for the Red Wings. We need defense not offense.
True, at least on paper. Although Streit is quite capable in his own end usually.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Streit is not a first-pairing defender, even on the Islanders. Hamonic-MacDonald are our first pair.

Streit's value will depend on the market for d-men come the deadline. I could easily see it being a low-first rounder from a contender. But the Islanders would have to think long and hard about it from the point of view of leadership and continuity.

Basically, if Streit wants a big-money deal the Isles will (if out of it) trade him. If he wants to sign a Islanders-friendly deal, I think they'll keep him to play even less ice time next year.

It's still way to early to think about any of that!

Best,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:56 AM
StrongIslanders90

Striet would be a beast for DET....

That being said I dont think DET would want to give up much

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:59 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post

Mark Streit

2013 2nd round pick
Martin Frk
Kyle Quincey

I like Ouellet and Sproul alot and would want them

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:37 AM
wingfan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
I like Ouellet and Sproul alot and would want them
Ouellet has been almost unanimously determined by Wings fans/followers to be one of our most protected assets. Of course, no one is untouchable, but I'd toss Ouellet, Jarnkrok, and Mrazek in our top three that Holland seems very reluctant to move(Jarnkrok was apparently off limits in a Nash deal, but Smith/Nyquist were on the table). I'd definitely consider something like this:

To NYI:
Kyle Quincey
Ryan Sproul

To Det:
Mark Streit
Nino Neiderreiter

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:43 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfan View Post
Ouellet has been almost unanimously determined by Wings fans/followers to be one of our most protected assets. Of course, no one is untouchable, but I'd toss Ouellet, Jarnkrok, and Mrazek in our top three that Holland seems very reluctant to move(Jarnkrok was apparently off limits in a Nash deal, but Smith/Nyquist were on the table). I'd definitely consider something like this:

To NYI:
Kyle Quincey
Ryan Sproul

To Det:
Mark Streit
Nino Neiderreiter

So the isles downgrade on the blueline while giving up their top prospect, who all sources including Nino's agent, say Snow has no intention of trading?

Somehow, I think Snow has no reservations saying no thanks.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 02-06-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old
02-06-2013, 11:44 AM
P U L L H A R D
#shewenttoharvard

vCash: 420
Quote:

To NYI:
Kyle Quincey
Ryan Sproul

To Det:
Mark Streit
Nino Neiderreiter
Of course you would. Wings would be bending the Isles over in that deal. We would have to add a significant +.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:56 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Totally agree with the what? This is the best draft year since 2003. Part of why I don't really want Detroit to move picks to begin with. Ride it out hope they get healthy, if not take your medicine and trade the guys with value, as much as we hate Cleary right now he should fetch something from a contender and get a good draft hall. Detroit has options with their pipeline and they are generally trading guys that have that Stanley Cup winner checkmark on their resume.

This would be kind of a panic move. It doesn't help long-term do we really care that much about 22 straight years if there is no realistic chance at winning it all? Holland needs to ride out this storm, not make it worse.
While that could be true, the question is whether it is as good as 2003. It's quite likely that it does not come close. That was probably a once-in-a-generation draft.

Last edited by StarsFan74: 02-06-2013 at 12:04 PM.
StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:

To NYI:
Kyle Quincey
Ryan Sproul

To Det:
Mark Streit
Nino Neiderreiter
You are certainly doing your sceen name justice with that proposal!