HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Devils | 2/5/13 | 6 Goalie System Brah!

View Poll Results: 3 Stars of the Game
The dethroned King 11 6.55%
Del Zaster 31 18.45%
Staalsy wasn't bad! 16 9.52%
McWhat? 3 1.79%
Strawman 13 7.74%
Oh god, it's Gilroy 2 1.19%
Unemployed Stu 12 7.14%
Biron and Eminger 22 13.10%
Gabinvisble 6 3.57%
Nash oh Nash, where art thou 6 3.57%
Beaver 3 1.79%
lol Stepan 2 1.19%
Hags has wheels 16 9.52%
JT Jesus 79 47.02%
Chris... something. he was awesome 86 51.19%
Pyatt the Meh 2 1.19%
Brian Benched 4 2.38%
Aaron Bleed 6 3.57%
Jeff Faceoffman 4 2.38%
The New Guy 20 11.90%
Sullivan 10 5.95%
The 93-94 Rangers 56 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-06-2013, 03:12 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
This game was case in point for why there is no chance I would have signed Del Zotto to more than a bridge deal. What a horrific all around performance.

It’s pretty sad that as soon as the Rangers missed their few early chances (Stepan, Nash) and Henrique scored you knew the game was over. Have they battled back to take a lead all year? Toronto and that might be it.

8 min of PP in the first. 0-5 total. Unacceptable.

Hank and Gabby = time to wake up. Neither was “bad” but your best players need to be your best players.
.............and the Bolts.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:15 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Very interesting that Torts put his boy Boyle into the doghouse tonight.
Well, he can't do it to Stepan so, Boyle or Hags will do.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:30 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
i'll remember how bad the performance of the rangers were, and i'll happily forget it...

i'll tell my kids he was one of the best ever, yet that doesn't make up for the fact that he has zero character and a horrible person.

he's no role model!
He's a pos tub of lard not worth mentioning to any of my relatives and/or friends. Fk him.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Stasis
Mad Decent

vCash: 500
Dat multi button off to the bottom right... it's really not hard to use.

And some of these comments. I hate this nonsense as much from fellow Rangers fans as I do from Devils fans. Ugh.

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:30 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
That one team that had more points than us got their ***** handed to them by the eventual Stanley Cup winner, twice. Really want to say that that team's fanbase are tipping their hats knowing their team at least won the President's Trophy twice in a row?

I don't care if the team finishes 1st, 4th, or 8th: if you don't win it, it's all for naught.

Actually, during the regular season, both the Kings and Bruins had better power play units. Only Los Angeles was better than us on the PK by 1 place.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, 82 games are a better measure of a team than 4 rounds of best of 7. The first format just isn't exciting.

As for Vancouver, they got steamrolled by LA. Everyone did. Team got as hot as a team could get at precisely the right time. They barely made it into the playoffs before that.

And New Jersey , the team that got further than us? They were a single goal away from a first round exit. One unlucky bounce.

Don't ********, the playoffs are a crapshoot. You can play the odds and statistics all day, and we can forget that the almighty LA Kings nearly missed the playoffs altogether, but there's a reason they say anything can happen in the playoffs.

Ignoring that, what you're arguing makes zero sense. They didn't win it all, so abandon what worked well?

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:47 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

You know, it'd be neat if we could get the first goal for a change. I mean how often have we done this? Twice? Bruins and Flyers?

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:38 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Lundqvist needs to play better. He's been below average all season. Three wins in eight games. He's given up the first goal of the game in every loss this season, some too early into a game.

People can yap and moan about the individual players, but this team lives and dies with Lundqvist. The skill the Rangers have on paper doesnt match the coach's strategy, so naturally the offense suffers. If the team concept is collapse, dump and chase and block shots, then the goalie is the guy on top of the totem pole.

It happens. I'm not too concerened except that it's a short season. This team was winning the Cup after 7-1 in 2010 and they didnt even make the playoffs.

The schedule has also been abnormally tough because the league stacked prime matchups early on to develop interest.

Seven games combined against the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th best records in the EC last season. Those are the teams gunning for the Rangers. No surprise.

4-5-0 isnt too bad.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:40 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Del Zaster is right poor Staal

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

1) This is a very ordinary team w/o its heart and soul, Cally and Girardi.
2) Trade for a PP QB, enough already, 8 minutes of PP in 1st period and nothing.
3) Delzotto is driving me to drink giving the puck away in our zone, poor Staal
4) Bad giveaways on 1st 2 goals but a great goalie stops at least one...sorry Hank

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:43 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Keep Miller and Kreider up. Let them run loose.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:59 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Torts: "Hey JT, can i have a word with you?"

Miller: "Sure coach, what's up?"

Torts: "Well, I was watching you play out there and I wanted to know, what was that strange dump play you made from behind the net? The one to Richie?"

Miller: "The pass?"

Torts: "The what?"

Miller: "The pass I made? The centering pass."

Torts: "Well what about the dump you made skating into the zone, it looked like you were dumping it but it went to Hagelin's stick instead and he had an opportunity to score? What's that about? Magic? A new kind of dump?"

Miller: "That was a break out pass coach..."

Torts: "A dump?"

Miller: "A pass."

Torts: "A what?"

Oh my god. I'm dying.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:01 AM
beastly115

I turned the game off half way through the 2nd. Glad I was able to enjoy the rest of my evening without torturing myself. I honestly don't believe this team is worth my time anymore.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:38 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post

Oh my god. I'm dying.
I read that post on the bus. Now 50 people think they rode the bus with a crazy person.

SixGoalieSystem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:55 AM
bubba5

The Rangers had a game last night? Look like Kitchiner. Oh, wait, I bet their PP would have scored a goal.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:26 AM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:

Torts: "Well, I was watching you play out there and I wanted to know, what was that strange dump play you made from behind the net? The one to Richie?"

Torts: "Well what about the dump you made skating into the zone, it looked like you were dumping it but it went to Hagelin's stick instead and he had an opportunity to score? What's that about? Magic? A new kind of dump?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
I read that post on the bus. Now 50 people think they rode the bus with a crazy person.
Ohh nooo... hahaha, i read it in my school library and was laughing my ass off, and everyone was looking at me, and then I realized that I looked like a dick because there is a mute student using sign language on skype like right next to me and everyone thinks I'm laughing and making fun of him.

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:28 AM
jniklast

It's easy to point the finger at our top line not producing, and I agree that they have to be better. Richards while scoring isn't doing enough, Nash is the opposite doing a lot but not producing and Gaborik really is invisible for too many time.

But the real problem of this team currently is the bad play of most of the other players. Hagelin and Stepan were important pieces of last year's successful team but they are simply brutal this year. Of course missing Cally doesn't help and apart from Pyatt none of the other additions have done anything of note. Kreider and Miller looked good, so there is hope, but this team desperately needs more players stepping up.

Last night when the lines were broken up, our two big guns were wasted with Stepan as a center. He really needs to get back into form fast. Oh and of course a bug stop from Hank is needed. None of the goals were mainly his fault, but right now we need him at his best to win games.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:46 AM
slipknottin

I still think the issue is this team only has two guys who have capable shots. Kreider and gaborik. But gaborik spends half his time acting like a ninja hiding in a corner and Kreider doesn't get that many chances.

Honestly apart from them who is any sort of threat to score from more than a foot or two away?

That's the major cause of everything. Nobody wants to shoot because nobody has any confidence that they can. The rest of their game isn't great, but not shooting and being able to score on shots amplifies all the mistakes elsewhere.

If this team could score just one or two more a game everyone can relax and not play so tight.

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Both Richards and Nash have great shots. Nash has been snake bitten and Richards must have had a stroke because he hasn't looked himself.

02-06-2013, 07:56 AM
slipknottin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Both Richards and Nash have great shots. Nash has been snake bitten and Richards must have had a stroke because he hasn't looked himself.
Well they haven't this year. Nash seems to have given up on shooting and just does his power move to the net. Which is a great move, but he can't be a one trick pony.

Richards seems to have no confidence at all in his shot and looks for pretty passes all the time.

Staal might be the only guy willing to shoot from more than a foot away. At least it seemed that way against the devils.

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:06 AM
DrewN

Best part of the game - watching Kreider score and fatso lose his shutout. He was like "what the hell just happened" after that goal.

DrewN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Dangleberry

Quote:

OMG post of the year!!!!!

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:19 AM
broadwayblue

Not that upset with the performance last night. Couple miscues and a few bad bounces were the difference. And that power play. lol Still have faith this team will get there eventually.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Not that upset with the performance last night. Couple miscues and a few bad bounces were the difference. And that power play. lol Still have faith this team will get there eventually.
Would be easier to take if they'd put together some more wins, but yeah it wasn't horrible, just frustrating

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:34 AM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Uhhh...

Gaborik had 2g 2a against the Leafs.
meant the lightnings, whoops.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewN View Post
Best part of the game - watching Kreider score and fatso lose his shutout. He was like "what the hell just happened" after that goal.
If that was our best part of the game, it speaks volumes on how the rest of it went.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote