Rock still battling resentment from locker room

Old
02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Rock still battling resentment from locker room

Quote:
During The Rock's third WrestleMania Season Tour with WWE, there are still feelings of resentment toward him in some circles of the locker room.

Rock addressed that in a Twitter post Saturday night. "Thank U WWE Superstars for the awesome welcoming me back & getting the 'big picture' plan. You're true locker room leaders! #RoadToMania," Rock tweeted.

Not all are on-board with the "big picture plan," which is essentially that Rock's return makes everything in WWE bigger and makes everyone more money. This is especially the case after Rock's in-ring return at the Royal Rumble, which received mixed reviews backstage. The following is an exclusive break down of sources of resentment in the locker room.

- Some wrestlers noted that Rock came back to WWE looking very muscular in a way that they believe they cannot, whether it's because of the schedule or how WWE approaches their careers.

- At the Rumble, there was some resentment toward Rock because they felt he was not in great ring shape for his first match back in WWE. Now there's pressure on Rock to come back at the Elimination Chamber in two weeks in better cardio condition. Also, the pressure is on to be in-shape for WrestleMania in April, but the issue for Rock is that Mania is one month before he films "Hercules," which is a role that he has to look jacked for.
Read more: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/W...le_68376.shtml

02-04-2013, 12:32 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

vCash: 500
So, basically, the wrestlers think (know) he's on roids, and they dislike that?

I don't believe this, or the Jericho one where they said the same thing; the current product is obviously not doing well and I think they all know that.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:36 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

So basically the guys who don't draw money are mad.

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
From what I gather reading this... Basically, yeah.

02-04-2013, 01:57 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
sounds about right

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Reality Check

Quote:
Yep.

All the Rock needs to do is point to ratings and ppv buys every time he returns.

Reality Check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Mister Wood

I wish wrestlers wasting time resenting the Rock would instead put in the time & effort to get noticed and pushed.

Mister Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:57 PM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

vCash: 450
Sometimes those guys don't get an oppurtunity to!

The Shockmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Piper Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Wood View Post
I wish wrestlers wasting time resenting the Rock would instead put in the time & effort to get noticed and pushed.
Pretty difficult for this to happen when they keep bringing back guys that have no business being in the ring and main event them.

Piper Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:40 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I'm sure Punk is real pissed Rock is back, he will never make more money than he will now by working with him. this just speaks to the bigger problem in WWE, failure to build stars people will pay to see. They have about 4-6 regulars that can draw, 1 of them is hated by half the audience, another was champion for 430+ days and never positioned as the top guy as a face.

John Laurinitis' reign as head of talent was an absolute failure

Old
02-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
I'm sure Punk is real pissed Rock is back, he will never make more money than he will now by working with him. this just speaks to the bigger problem in WWE, failure to build stars people will pay to see. They have about 4-6 regulars that can draw, 1 of them is hated by half the audience, another was champion for 430+ days and never positioned as the top guy as a face.

John Laurinitis' reign as head of talent was an absolute failure
They let guys like Robert Roode and Austin Aries slip through the cracks for guys that aren't even in the company now and I forget their names because that's how impactful their WWE career was.

Jim Ross should have never been taken out of that position until Triple H took on a more corporate role and even then, they should still work together. Even Gerald Brisco (no idea if he still recruits talent). Brisco recruited Lesnar.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:11 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
To any rock haters in the locker room. Deal with it. This guys here to revive a huge part of the company and committed to take time away from his new love (making movies).

On the roids/physique subject. Is he on roids? Maybe, its not proven. Different work outs, different age, different results.. The hercules movie is infact only a month away after Mania. With all the special effects from todays technology, they can sure as hell make him bigger.

People really need to stop only looking at the negatives with Rock being around. Its sickening.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheamusFan View Post
Sometimes those guys don't get an oppurtunity to!
Those guys that sometimes don't get an opportunity to can't blame Rock. That blame is squarely on themselves and writing. It's not like there isn't a crap ton of time where Rock isn't there for any of these guys to make a name for themselves. These guys are also never going to be what they could be as long as PG sanctions are hanging over their heads...but again, none of that is Rock's fault. All he is doing is making money for everyone there.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:09 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
They let guys like Robert Roode and Austin Aries slip through the cracks for guys that aren't even in the company now and I forget their names because that's how impactful their WWE career was.

Jim Ross should have never been taken out of that position until Triple H took on a more corporate role and even then, they should still work together. Even Gerald Brisco (no idea if he still recruits talent). Brisco recruited Lesnar.
Did JR quit or did they fire him? Johnny Ace's term was such a failure and because Vince loves his yes men, he turned a blind eye, and now his company is paying for it

Old
02-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
Did JR quit or did they fire him? Johnny Ace's term was such a failure and because Vince loves his yes men, he turned a blind eye, and now his company is paying for it
Pretty sure Johnny was promoted in place of JR. I may be wrong.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Heisenberg77

Quick question from someone who's been out of watching wrestling since The Rock era...

Now that he's back in some form of a role, does he get drug tested like others do (I assume)?

Heisenberg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:54 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
Quick question from someone who's been out of watching wrestling since The Rock era...

Now that he's back in some form of a role, does he get drug tested like others do (I assume)?
Apparently not. No way he's clean

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post

I just don't see it for Dwayne. There's no doubt in my mind that he's been juicin' for his films, and Vince wouldn't risk him failing a test.

I'm sure Vince is aware of it, but with the amount of $$$ he's bringing in for having The Rock there, suspending him would be the last thing he wants to do (aside from future endeavouring him).

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Megahab

I love how people are so sure he's on steroids. Perhaps he just worked hard and took legal supplements?

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Rock doesn't get tested.

And he probably is on roids. No way you get so big as quickly as he does naturally. Not at 40 years old.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Rock doesn't get tested.

And he probably is on roids. No way you get so big as quickly as he does naturally. Not at 40 years old.
I am guessing he is on steroids. But it's not totally out of the question that he can get that big without steroids. And you said he couldn't have gotten that big that quickly naturally, but how quickly did he get that big? Hasn't he gradually been getting bigger ever since like 2003-2004?

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Snipeshow

He has been gradually getting bigger IMO. But, I'm no expert!

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

It's the way he drops it and then gains it back almost immediately.

Rock, Lesnar, Cena, etc those top guys probably don't get tested. It's all in house, they probably don't even get tested. Lesnar doesn't look to be on them anymore, Rock does, Cena meh, theres others on the roster that look it too.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:46 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
I think with WWE it's one of those things where they don't say "don't do it," they say "don't get CAUGHT doing it". With all of the Eddie/Benoit stuff they have to set an example and try to keep their performers healthy, but at the same time Vince knows that look is a huge factor when it comes to draw power.

Especially top guys - Vince definitely looks the other way when a lot of this stuff is happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryback, Mason Ryan, or Big E were juicing either.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
I love how people are so sure he's on steroids. Perhaps he just worked hard and took legal supplements?
In the OP it implies that even those in the locker-room think he's doing them, and I'm sure they're more knowledgeable of his workout routine and such.

"- Some wrestlers noted that Rock came back to WWE looking very muscular in a way that they believe they cannot, whether it's because of the schedule or how WWE approaches their careers.".

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote