HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FEB 6TH Boston @ Montreal 7:30PM EST

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Domenic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
Is this the "diving" call he's refering to???

Clearly it was Zednik diving. The Bruins play the game the right way, and never dive, whine, or cry.

Remember, "our players are generally clean."

Old
02-06-2013, 06:41 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
The past 20 years are not the golden age of music.
early 2000's had some good stuff, interpol, strokes and so on... Unless your musical tastes haven't evolved in 20 years, there is still a lot of good stuff these days, just gotta dig deeper to find it.

rap/hip-hop hasn't been good since 1993, and has been downright vile since 2000. seriously. hip-hop is the new pop.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:52 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
early 2000's had some good stuff, interpol, strokes and so on... Unless your musical tastes haven't evolved in 20 years, there is still a lot of good stuff these days, just gotta dig deeper to find it.

rap/hip-hop hasn't been good since 1993, and has been downright vile since 2000. seriously. hip-hop is the new pop.
Trouse and even more so House is the new pop. David Guetta ft. Usher & Ludacris...

Can't stand it.

I heart trance.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:57 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Trouse and even more so House is the new pop. David Guetta ft. Usher & Ludacris...

Can't stand it.

I heart trance.
ewwww

Old
02-06-2013, 06:58 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
The past 20 years are not the golden age of music.
Depends on what you listen to.

If you only get your music from turning on a radio then no.

If you actually look for music and are willing to listen to artists who have trouble packing an abandoned discotheque but play their ***** off, the ratio for great music to bad music is the same it has been since the 60s.

We're back to the days where you had to find the great music, it didn't just play on your radio. You gotta be adventurous again. I'm loving it.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:59 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
lmao

Old
02-06-2013, 07:00 AM
baldrick

Bars and music? Really?

Looking forward to a great game. Go Habs Go

Old
02-06-2013, 07:07 AM
PhysicX

Really! We're impatiently waiting for MiG's first GDT of the year.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:11 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Bars and music? Really?

Well we've already established that the Bruins are cheaters, their owner is a crook and that they didn't deserve their cup. What else is there to discuss?

I love drinking and discovering music - if you're in the mood, might I recommend giving Warren Zevon a shot. He's a sadder, drunker, American Elton John.

Lawyers, Guns and Money
Poor, poor pitiful me
Keep me in your heart for a while
Werewolves of London
Mutineer
Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner
... and onward

Old
02-06-2013, 07:12 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Depends on what you listen to.

If you only get your music from turning on a radio then no.

If you actually look for music and are willing to listen to artists who have trouble packing an abandoned discotheque but play their ***** off, the ratio for great music to bad music is the same it has been since the 60s.

We're back to the days where you had to find the great music, it didn't just play on your radio. You gotta be adventurous again. I'm loving it.
I agree that if you dig you'll inevitably find quality, modern-day music. Your rock examples were good (interpol franz ferdinand the strokes) and there are many others like The Shins, Mumford Sons, Muse, My Morning Jacket just to name a few...

However, you're in denial if you believe that the overall quality of music is in the same place that it was during the 1950-1980 period. Back in the days, a pop song was something written/performed by artists such as Paul Simon, Buddy Holly, Arethra Franklin, Dusty Springfield or Kenny Rogers (and i'm obviously trying to pick out the pop-est, most mainstream artists i can come up with here). Nowadays a pop song is performed by people like Lady GaGa, Ke$ha, LiL Wayne, Black eyed peas or Nicki Minaj. These people also never compose their songs and when they do, they turn out 2-words, auto-biographic songs (stupid hoe).

The quality just isnt at the level it used to be.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Lshap

Have any of you tried to teach politics to a cat? That's what it felt like on the Bruins board as I tried countering (politely) all their make-believe crap about Montreal, the team, the fans, the government, etc...

Some really nice guys there. Unfortunately, there are also some people there walking around in Spock ears playing with Boston and Montreal action figures.

Remind me never to try educating zealots.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Have any of you tried to teach politics to a cat? That's what it felt like on the Bruins board as I tried countering (politely) all their make-believe crap about Montreal, the team, the fans, the government, etc...

Some really nice guys there. Unfortunately, there are also some people there walking around in Spock ears playing with Boston and Montreal action figures.

Come on man, the Bruin's board is easily the most partisan board on the site. Don't wade in there, it wont end well.

If your going to wade in there, do it silently. Its like going to the Chimpanzee enclosure at the zoo.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:23 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
I agree that if you dig you'll inevitably find quality, modern-day music. Your rock examples were good (interpol franz ferdinand the strokes) and there are many others like The Shins, Mumford Sons, Muse, My Morning Jacket just to name a few...

However, you're in denial if you believe that the overall quality of music is in the same place that it was during the 1950-1980 period. Back in the days, a pop song was something written/performed by artists such as Paul Simon, Buddy Holly, Arethra Franklin, Dusty Springfield or Kenny Rogers (and i'm obviously trying to pick out the pop-est, most mainstream artists i can come up with here). Nowadays a pop song is performed by people like Lady GaGa, Ke$ha, LiL Wayne, Black eyed peas or Nicki Minaj...

The quality just isnt at the level it used to be.
Denial? I lived through it! I've also lived through people claiming the death of rock or "real music" every decade since the 70s. It's cute to me. Then again, when I was a kid my older brother was calling Led Zeppelin fake blues so maybe I'm just an old hipster lol. Music in the 50s and 60s used to be written in cubicles in big office buildings.

Pop songs used to be performed by people like the Osmonds, David Cassidy, Nancy Sinatra, Leif Garrett, etc. it's nothing new. The New York Dolls had less talent than ke$ha. I heard her play one of her recent songs on acoustic and it was nice. The Sex Pistols had a bassist who couldn't play bass so someone had to do it behind the stage just to make it look like Sid was playing. Bad musicians have existed forever. Again, you're paying attention to your radio.

Listening to Passion Pit's Gossamer album from last year, you can put that in any era and it's just good music. Especially Constant Conversations. Soul like that is timeless. The great music these days is in Australia/New Zealand. Bands like the Naked and Famous or Founds. Then again I've always loved the synthesizer. You'd do yourself a favour by checking it out.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:30 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Come on man, the Bruin's board is easily the most partisan board on the site. Don't wade in there, it wont end well.

If your going to wade in there, do it silently. Its like going to the Chimpanzee enclosure at the zoo.
Bruins board:

Bruins fans: KILL THE HABS! Murder their children! Eliminate the French! Call 911 lollololololol1! I wish Chara would literally exterminate the entire Quebec population!

Habs fans: There is evidence that at least one player dove once in the history of you club.

Bruins fans: You are an intolerant nazi! Banned!

Old
02-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post

Yeah you are only allowed to talk to them with kid gloves on. There are a few good ones there but they dont seem to post as much. I stopped bothering when I realized quite a few of them just regurgitate Jack Edwards crap, and another guy once said Mc Quaids knee on knee was ok on Foligno because they are friends.
You cant educate that kind of dumb.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:32 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:
Denial? I lived through it! I've also lived through people claiming the death of rock or "real music" every decade since the 70s. It's cute to me. Then again, when I was a kid my older brother was calling Led Zeppelin fake blues so maybe I'm just an old hipster lol. Music in the 50s and 60s used to be written in cubicles in big office buildings.

Pop songs used to be performed by people like the Osmonds, David Cassidy, Nancy Sinatra, Leif Garrett, etc. it's nothing new. The New York Dolls had less talent than ke$ha. I heard her play one of her recent songs on acoustic and it was nice. The Sex Pistols had a bassist who couldn't play bass so someone had to do it behind the stage just to make it look like Sid was playing. Bad musicians have existed forever. Again, you're paying attention to your radio.

Listening to Passion Pit's Gossamer album from last year, you can put that in any era and it's just good music. Especially Constant Conversations. Soul like that is timeless. The great music these days is in Australia/New Zealand. Bands like the Naked and Famous or Founds. Then again I've always loved the synthesizer. You'd do yourself a favour by checking it out.
I'm using radio music as example precisely because its the easiest thing to compare. On one hand, you've got the golden age's radio music and on the other you got the new millenium's radio music and they both are considered to be the same type of pop and mainstream music, yet are at very different levels quality-wise. Its painfully clear to me that radio music used to be much better than what we have today. This doesnt mean that underground/indie beats are non-existant. As a matter of fact, i'd say the underground scene has never been as thriving as it is right now . However, when you look at the most popular artists of each eras, its really no contest.

I will check out the artists you've suggested for sure!

Old
02-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Where is the Gamethread?

Last edited by Rscorpio: 02-06-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old
02-06-2013, 07:46 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

i know he quoted you accidentally, but good post. and lol @ the bolded because it's true

Old
02-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Nedved

Subban breaks out tonight: 2 goals and an assist.

habs win 5-2

Old
02-06-2013, 07:57 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Bars and music? Really?

We haven't talked about strip clubs yet. Montreal wins hands down imo. No pun intended.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:59 AM
smack66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
We haven't talked about strip clubs yet. Montreal wins hands down imo. No pun intended.
As a bruins fan living in Ontario who is going to tonights game. I approve of this comment.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:04 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack66 View Post
[/B]As a bruins fan living in Ontario who is going to tonights game. I approve of this comment.
Should I help a Bruins fan out? Should I tell him to go to Chez Paree?

Old
02-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
send them to have a good time at 281

Old
02-06-2013, 08:09 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
send them to have a good time at 281
Almost better than Cafe Cleopatre

Old
02-06-2013, 08:09 AM
smack66

Quote:
I'm 49 and have spent my entire life an hour away from Montreal. Trust me when I say I have been fortunate enough to enjoy all things Montreal from Expos to music or comedy festivals to the best night life around. Love the restaurants in Montreal from Crescent st to Chuck Hughes le Bremner. We go to Montreal for a few weekends every year and I love most everything about your city except for your taste in hockey teams.

Closed Thread