HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

2/5/13 "Winterpeg, Manisnowba" - Panthers VS Jets

View Poll Results: What's colder?
The Jets' discipline and penalty kill 4 14.29%
Kuba's acceleration 13 46.43%
Management's communication with Bergenheim 5 17.86%
Winnipeg on a summer day 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 10:08 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

vCash: 500
We played a pretty good road game. Almost good enough to win it. Jets had lost 3 in row, bound to get a bounce or a call their way to switch their fortune. We need the same effort in Philly. Need to hang in there or tank.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:08 PM
pantherbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I just rewatched the goal and I must say, he was square to the point before the puck was even shot. As I pointed out above, Ellerby is screening his own goalie and then Ladd slides in behind Ellerby, this is all while Clemmer is square to the shooter before the shot is taken. Then the shot is taken. You can't just "close your five hole" and not give up other space in the net. You're complaining to complain because nothing you said is accurate or fair. I watched the replay of the winnipeg broadcast and they didn't say that.

We're developing Markstrom properly like we did with Drew Shore. We don't have an issue in net. I want to see Markstrom as much as everyone else but the issue isn't goaltending.
no I'm complaining because he gets scored on through the five hole often. he may be square to the shooter, but he gave up a weak shot where he should have covered it. I'm not going to argue with you on this anymore because you're clearly biased towards clemmer and there's no point.

they did say he wasn't ready for the 3rd goal. Quote: "I don't think Clemmenson was ready for the release of Brian Little...Little has lots of time, he picks his corner, top shelf on the glove side, right in the crook of the arm". Go watch it again with the volume on, I'm not making it up.

and yes kuba was an idiot.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:24 PM
gizmo12688

vCash: 50
It'll be nice to get Guds back Thursday. We got easily manhandled by the Flyers last time.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:28 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Panthers post-game audio

Panthers players & coach: Hubereau & coach Dineen.

To listen click here.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:26 PM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
We're not giving up prospects for Luongo.
May not have to. No one knows the asking price.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:12 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I'm positive he was screened. Ellerby with terrible positioning blocking his goalie and then Ladd slides in behind and even jumps in the air before the puck comes through.

Watch below, click goals tab, and choose the play.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/icetracker.ht...=sb:gamecenter
He was screened. I don't think he had a chance on either three goals. Maybe Lundquist or Quick would of saved the OT goal, but Little was dead-red alone in the slot.

I hear the bashing on Kuba, but I gotta say Kovalev was so disappointing tonight. This guy gives barely any effort on the ice, probably the biggest floater to ever lace up for the Panthers. I would think he glides on the ice about 80% of the game, he never moves his feet. If someone gets a step on him, thats it, he is done skating. I feel sorry for Goc and Kopecky that they have to play with this slacker as they give 100% every shift.

I hope Kovalev gets scratched against Philly in favour for Skille.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:24 AM
OmarComin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Such a beautiful penalty kill until that moment.

I hate the Jets. **** them and their stupid fans. That was a ******** call and try are lucky to win tonight. They had no business winning this game for one solid period of play.

Refs tried their best to give the Jets the win and they did that. Some things never change in that damn league.
Jets had one period of solid play... Panthers had 8 mins... Best team won

Old
02-06-2013, 12:40 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

That was a pretty weak call on Kuba. It had to be called though, good dive by Kane.

Weiss's penalty was very weak. Forget who the player was but he totally dove, not even close. Can't believe the refs missed that.

Then in the 3rd when Shore and Hubs were going on a 2 on 2, Hubs got hauled down going to the net, and didn't have the puck.

That kind of junk makes me angry. If it wasn't for our really good PK tonight, this game could of gotten out of hand.

Speaking of the PK, thought Weaver had a good game, which took a while. Threw the body around a bunch, and made smart plays in our end. Even had some offensive moments tonight, and looked like he let a boarderline howitzer go at one point, even though it missed the net by quite a bit

Still don't think him and Kuli look comfortable together though. I'm begging Dineen to put Kuli with Campbell, I think that could be something special.

Campbell - Kuli
Weaver - Gudbransson
Ellerby/Jovo/Strachan/Kuba

Old
02-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Cats Kneading Goals
#1 Fanthers Pan!

I didn't get to watch the game tonight but I've read all about it. I just had a question: I saw that there was a tripping penalty in the OT period. I'm of the old school thinking that you don't call penalties in OT unless there's blood or an intent to injure. Was the tripping call on Kuba a bad one or a soft one? If it was a soft call then shame on those refs!

Old
02-06-2013, 12:44 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigg View Post
We obviously didn't watch the same game.

I watched the TsN Jets feed, and the announcers even said the Panthers owned the 1st period and a good chunk of the 3rd.

Not sure what your talking about there Homer

Old
02-06-2013, 12:50 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats Kneading Goals View Post
I didn't get to watch the game tonight but I've read all about it. I just had a question: I saw that there was a tripping penalty in the OT period. I'm of the old school thinking that you don't call penalties in OT unless there's blood or an intent to injure. Was the tripping call on Kuba a bad one or a soft one? If it was a soft call then shame on those refs!
Soft. Kuba turned one way as KAne deked the other way. Kuba kept spinning around and whacked him stick at Kanes skates as he lost possession of the puck. So Kane dove towards the net trying to poke it past Clemmer. For some reason the refs decided to call that a trip.

Thought the refs did a bad job tonight. There was even a weak hooking call on Winnipeg. It seemed like the refs were going to let them play tonight, then they go and make calls like that, in OT of all times.

Shame they just can't let the players decide the game.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:09 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
what game were you watching? did the jets even muster of 5 shots in the first and third periods...combined?

Old
02-06-2013, 01:44 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Soft. Kuba turned one way as KAne deked the other way. Kuba kept spinning around and whacked him stick at Kanes skates as he lost possession of the puck. So Kane dove towards the net trying to poke it past Clemmer. For some reason the refs decided to call that a trip.

Thought the refs did a bad job tonight. There was even a weak hooking call on Winnipeg. It seemed like the refs were going to let them play tonight, then they go and make calls like that, in OT of all times.

Just to put things in perspective, the refs have been calling a LOT of penalties in every game, especially hooks, holding, tripping and interference. I've been watching a lot of other games when ever I can on NHL network and NBC sports.
The refs are making more calls this season, this game was not an anomaly.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:44 AM
CanadianPantherFan

I'm done with Clemmer. Ya, ya he was good last year...just never cared for him. Call up Markstrom now to take over, or make a move for Luongo. Theo's time is winding down, loved what he did for us last year but place him in a backup no pressure role moving forward.

--Agree with other posters, no faith in Clemmer even when he wins. It's a sick feeling really.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:28 AM
Cats Kneading Goals
#1 Fanthers Pan!

Quote:

Thank you for the response and update.. That's really too bad. It's nice to get a point up there but I'm with you on letting the players decide games.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:29 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Just to put things in perspective, the refs have been calling a LOT of penalties in every game, especially hooks, holding, tripping and interference. I've been watching a lot of other games when ever I can on NHL network and NBC sports.
The refs are making more calls this season, this game was not an anomaly.
while true, it doesn't excuse the calls made in this game, as there was barely any calls made thru first, second and majority of the third.

then the ref decided to call weiss on a trip (when burmistrov fell on his own) and the soft call in OT? come on. i'm a beer league ref and even i know rule #1 is to be consistent. terrible calls at an even more terrible time.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:30 AM
Cats Kneading Goals
#1 Fanthers Pan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
I'm done with Clemmer. Ya, ya he was good last year...just never cared for him. Call up Markstrom now to take over, or make a move for Luongo. Theo's time is winding down, loved what he did for us last year but place him in a backup no pressure role moving forward.

--Agree with other posters, no faith in Clemmer even when he wins. It's a sick feeling really.
Markstrom looks solid. What is this, his third North American Pro Season? I think he's almost there if not NHL ready now.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:05 AM
Gudbranson44

1-0-1 is a good start to the road trip, we cant be too upset about the result. I didnt watch the game but I understand clemmer was bad, which is a shame. Maybe its time Markstrom does get a chance to prove his worth for us if this continues.

I just have to say Shore is quickly becoming one of my favorite panthers!! Wow the moves before the huberdeau goal!!! A round of applauds!

Old
02-06-2013, 05:00 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
I really hope Dineen is not going to scratch Strachan. That would be one of his worst decision..

Old
02-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Killerinstinct

vCash: 152
One point is better than nothing.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
I really hope Dineen is not going to scratch Strachan. That would be one of his worst decision..
I really hope Dineen sacks up and scratches someone like Kuba.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:11 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Goaltending played a big role in Florida qualifying for the 2012 playoffs. Now, goaltending is what's holding the Panthers back.

*puts microphone in your face*

Comment?
Are you even watching the games? Or are you to busy watching your favorite goalie in Vancouver to pay attention to us?

*holds microphone in your face*

Comment?

Old
02-06-2013, 07:54 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Dude was your tv frozen? Peewee teams muster more SOG'S then the jets did last night...

Old
02-06-2013, 07:58 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
He was screened. I don't think he had a chance on either three goals. Maybe Lundquist or Quick would of saved the OT goal, but Little was dead-red alone in the slot.

Dineen disagrees. Said clemmer was "ok" and first goal was softee.

Announcers said clemmer "would want 2nd goal back".

It was a serviceable game by a career backup. You need to score 3+ goals when he's between pipes.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Bjindaho

The guy that needs to go is Kovalev. He has 1 point since opening night, criticized Huberdeau's consistency (which lead to him no longer being on the 2nd line), has no functional role on this team, refuses to come off the ice, doesn't play D and gets rewarded with PP time.

He is 6th in team scoring right now, with Versteeg going to overtake him soon.

Closed Thread