Seguin

Old
02-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the overrated View Post
If we're talking about the same post, my 'issue' (for lack of a better word) with it was that it referenced how he's not very good compared to other players his own age (and didn't mention who he was making a comparison with) and then referenced the half-dozen guys that he would've preferred (without naming any of them, either) ... so it came across like the same hyperbole that's been running rampant since the season started, like more of a petulant rant than a true conversation-starting observation.
That's a very fair point.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:19 AM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
He has more shots, hits, & takeaways per game than last year. I'll take his junior , NHL and Swiss career over an 8 game sample to say that he can finish, has pretty good hockey sense and that he won't be a bust.
And this is where I may disagree with you... I haven't seen much in his 2+ years in a Bruins uniform to say he has "pretty good" hockey sense. I would say David Krejci has good hockey sense, and I think he's head and shoulders ahead of Seguin in that department. Further, I'm not sure it's something you can teach or develop.

I agree with the gist of your post though.

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
Does he deserve criticism for not scoring? Yes.
Does he need to be more consistent? Yes.
Does he need to be better on the boards? Yes.

Is he actually playing worse than last year, not trying, doesn't work hard, regressed, lost his potential, ruined, or a bust? No, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!

He has more SOG/game than last year. His hits pace is more than 2.5 times last year. He is a +5. He is 2nd on the team to Bergeron in Corsi, and relative Corsi.

Marchand has 5 goals. Think any of that has to do with Seguin helping out or getting tighter coverage? Think it had to do with Seguin screening the goalie on 1?

If he doesn't work hard why does he go to the Bio-Steel camps? Why did he go to Switzerland for pocket change and dominate instead of going to Canada to sit on his ass or drink his life away? How did he increase his Pts from 22 to 67 in 1 year?

It is 8 games people. You know who else has 1 or less goals? Bergeron, Perry, Iginla, RNH, Semin, Hejduk, Morrow, Gagne, M Richards, Alfredsson, Voracek, Briere, Clowe, Backes, Kessel, H Sedin, Backstrom, Hartnell (3 games), & Lupul (3 games) and plenty more. Kovalchuk has 2 goals and 5 points with 9 more minutes per game. Ovechkin has 2 goals and 4 points with 4 more minutes per game.

Are all these guys washed up, ruined, not working hard or busts too?

He has hit a post, the knob of the goalies stick, had a goal called back (from the dirty area). His non empty net goal shooting % is zero. Do you think that will continue or maybe over the course of the season he ends about 12% like last year? He would have 3 more goals if he shot his normal %.

Seguin could easily have 4 plus goals and 7 plus points. If this happened in the middle of the year no one would say a thing. The Bruins are 1st in the conference and you would think we were the Leafs. If it isn't trade Krejci, it is Lucic is out of shape, Bourque sucks, we don't have enough skill, scoring, depth, size, player X is overpaid, Rask is injury prone (even though he only has 1 injury ever), or something else.

When is our 1st trade Chara or fire Julien, Chia & Neely thread? Can someone please start one because I'm really looking forward to it?
Gitchyasum!

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/...ports_history/

thought this was interesting. Not sure if we can call it the greatest Boston trade ever but according to the NESN poll Boston fans think it is. I think I'd want to see long term payoff before I put it with the Parish/McHale and the Varitek/DLowe trade. Definitely has the potential to best the other trades though.
Wow...no love for Pit Martin, Jack Norris and Gilles Marotte to the Chicago Blackhawks for Phil Esposito, Ken Hodge and Fred Stanfield?

Now THAT was a trade!

Honorable Mentions:

Esposito & Vadnais for Park, Ratelle & Zanussi.
Barry Pederson for Cam Neely and the pick that became Glen Wesley.

Time may prove the Kessel trade the best, but only time will tell.

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Wow...no love for Pit Martin, Jack Norris and Gilles Marotte to the Chicago Blackhawks for Phil Esposito, Ken Hodge and Fred Stanfield?

Now THAT was a trade!

Honorable Mentions:

Well, when you consider your average voter for such polls is probably fairly young and has little to no knowledge of hockey history, it's not surprising.

Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Well, when you consider your average voter for such polls is probably fairly young and has little to no knowledge of hockey history, it's not surprising.
Exactly.

Also, growing up in America, you don't really learn much about the history of hockey unless you go looking for it IMO. As a kid, I learned much more about the history of baseball basically just by being alive.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:47 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post

Now THAT was a trade!

Honorable Mentions:

been following these guys since that time this is not including Bucyk deal but since the league double to 12 teams and I started watching

my top 5 deals

1. Esposito, Hodge, Stanfield....

2. Neely and almost Shanahan that ended Wesley

3. Rattle, Park, and of course Joe Zanussi for Vadnais and Espo

4. Middleton for Hodge (Nifty single most underrated player in history- better than 50% of the HOFers and one of the best defensive forwards ever seen- hockey IQ was Einstienian)

5. Oates for Janney and Quintell

to early to tull but certainly has the chance to be amazing- Seguin, Hamilton, and Knight

Seguin has never scored 30 goals
Dougie has never scored a goal
Jared hasn't played in the NHL and is just about ready to start playing in AHL

this deal is classic counting the chickens before they hatched

oh, and if Bourque for a draft pick counts I guess that jumps to maybe number 1 or 2

and Tuukka for Raycroft also has a chance

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:13 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
And this is where I may disagree with you... I haven't seen much in his 2+ years in a Bruins uniform to say he has "pretty good" hockey sense. I would say David Krejci has good hockey sense, and I think he's head and shoulders ahead of Seguin in that department. Further, I'm not sure it's something you can teach or develop.

I agree with the gist of your post though.
If you watch some of the passes he makes, or attempts to make, I would say that he has pretty good vision and hockey sense. I think he forces it a bit at times, but he should outgrow that.

DK and Seguin are completely different players, so it's hard to compare their "Hockey IQ". Seguin likes to do a lot of things at speed, while Krejci love to slow it down and change the pace to create his lanes and opportunities.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
5. Oates for Janney and Quintell

The Bruins picking Quintal insted of Joe Sakic. Damn.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:46 PM
bruins04

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins04 View Post
i know our first line has been dynamite through the early stages of this season.
i really would like to see horton and seguin swapped between the first two lines for at least a little bit.

Lucic and Seguin really had their moments last year, you give them another chance to get that magic going. Horton has been a beast this year by the way, he should help bergy and marchy keep it going without setting them back.

but once seguin gets going again, im good with our lines as they are. just gota try more to give seguin different looks. at least he is contributing in the shootout, helping the B's bank valuable points.
glad this was finally done! good job Claude, instant dividends

bruins04 is offline   Reply With Quote