HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

JM Fantasy League (New League, Sign up + Discussion) (BUF, CGY open)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 08:07 PM
  #51
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
I love all of your ideas except for the free agency waivers thing.

And like I said via pm to Joey Moss. I have one person who is definitely in. And I may have two more. But please reserve a spot for my one friend.
Yep. Florida is saved for the other guy and there should definitely be room for your friends.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:11 PM
  #52
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,334
vCash: 500
If anyone has any other sites they have had good experience with please share. This CBS thing sounds great but I'd like to here other options. We're looking for a site that has defensive points rather than all offense.

Also I'm not a fan of forum sites specifically based for Fantasy Hockey. I like that I can come on HF and look at my league while using all the other features here. I'm sure most of the guys in this league feel the same. The first league I ever attempted was a mess. We used forum sites but no one ever checked them and the activity was terrible.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:16 PM
  #53
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Yep. Florida is saved for the other guy and there should definitely be room for your friends.
Joey Sorry to bother you again but my second buddy would like to have Minnesota if thats okay

Thanks!

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:37 PM
  #54
MarkusNaslund19
Registered User
 
MarkusNaslund19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
Not to be pedantic, but the thread title is misspelled.

MarkusNaslund19 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:46 PM
  #55
Raptactics29
Registered User
 
Raptactics29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
I love all of your ideas except for the free agency waivers thing.

And like I said via pm to Joey Moss. I have one person who is definitely in. And I may have two more. But please reserve a spot for my one friend.
Well, it was just an idea. Obviously it wasn't set it stone.

Anyway, it sounds as if Joey Moss is going to want to use HF as the home site for documentation purposes and not use CBS for fantasy tracking. IMO, that's a bad idea and I will have to be out.

If anybody wants to start a league like I suggested, let me know. I need a few guys who can set up a site like this --> http://www.bbkl.ca/

Good luck fellas. Joey Moss.. if you change your mind on anything, let me know.

Raptactics29 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:14 PM
  #56
TheNudge
Registered User
 
TheNudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,955
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptactics29 View Post
Well, it was just an idea. Obviously it wasn't set it stone.

Anyway, it sounds as if Joey Moss is going to want to use HF as the home site for documentation purposes and not use CBS for fantasy tracking. IMO, that's a bad idea and I will have to be out.

If anybody wants to start a league like I suggested, let me know. I need a few guys who can set up a site like this --> http://www.bbkl.ca/

Good luck fellas. Joey Moss.. if you change your mind on anything, let me know.
I feel alot like Scott. I really want a forum and the league to be set up on CBS.
I know the last time Joey had a bad luck with the last forum. But I feel wer should give it another try. Who's with us???

TheNudge is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:16 PM
  #57
MarkusNaslund19
Registered User
 
MarkusNaslund19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
I feel alot like Scott. I really want a forum and the league to be set up on CBS.
I know the last time Joey had a bad luck with the last forum. But I feel wer should give it another try. Who's with us???
I tend to think those are probably good ideas.

Dedicated forums, if there's an admin who knows what he's doing (I'm not that person) can be an important part of creating a good league.

MarkusNaslund19 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:59 PM
  #58
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
I dont see what the problem is with using CBS and HF im on HF alot for other things and its kind of a hassle to go elsewhere im fine with HF im all for CBS tho

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:21 PM
  #59
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
I dont see what the problem is with using CBS and HF im on HF alot for other things and its kind of a hassle to go elsewhere im fine with HF im all for CBS tho
This is exactly what 15 other guys in the league are probably thinking.

This is the best hockey forum out there, guys. People want to look at what's going on in there Fantasy League and go into the other features on the website here. It's a hassle to go onto another website which is exactly why forum sites will never work on HF leagues.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:52 PM
  #60
showjaxx
Registered User
 
showjaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,708
vCash: 500
Agreed. It worked for 4 seasons. We can make some tweaks here and there, but a massive overhaul of what has been proven to be successful is a mistake.

Keep all the league threads on HF, don't really care what site is used.

showjaxx is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:58 PM
  #61
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP
 
VanIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 18,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMollyOxenFree View Post
Agreed. It worked for 4 seasons. We can make some tweaks here and there, but a massive overhaul of what has been proven to be successful is a mistake.

Keep all the league threads on HF, don't really care what site is used.
Word.


VanIslander is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:37 AM
  #62
ehockey
Registered User
 
ehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
I'd take Pitt or Buffalo if still available. If not any team would do, just looking to get involved.


ehockey is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:58 AM
  #63
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 16,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMollyOxenFree View Post
Agreed. It worked for 4 seasons. We can make some tweaks here and there, but a massive overhaul of what has been proven to be successful is a mistake.

Keep all the league threads on HF, don't really care what site is used.
Agreed.

JM, ESPN is good if you want stats like +/-, blocks, hits, TOI, GAA, SV% and such to count. It basically uses all of the statistics you see on NHL.com.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 09:44 AM
  #64
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Agreed.

JM, ESPN is good if you want stats like +/-, blocks, hits, TOI, GAA, SV% and such to count. It basically uses all of the statistics you see on NHL.com.
I actually Use ESPN for all my fantasy leagues but I dont think an ESPN league can handle over 20 teams they cap it off

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 10:49 AM
  #65
osu1*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Hey i'm CBJ's buddy. I'll take Minnesota

osu1* is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:56 PM
  #66
GetZolnierczyked*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Hey im CBJs friend ill take Florida

GetZolnierczyked* is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:23 PM
  #67
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,334
vCash: 500
For the people bringing in friends for the league just be aware I'll be paying more attention to trades between you guys than anyone else. We've had people with 2 accounts just make lopsided trades with each other and mods have the power to check IP addresses. Not accusing you guys of possibly doing that but after those kind of incidents I just have to keep an eye out for it.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:35 PM
  #68
TheNudge
Registered User
 
TheNudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,955
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
For the people bringing in friends for the league just be aware I'll be paying more attention to trades between you guys than anyone else. We've had people with 2 accounts just make lopsided trades with each other and mods have the power to check IP addresses. Not accusing you guys of possibly doing that but after those kind of incidents I just have to keep an eye out for it.
You don't need to worry about me.

TheNudge is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:36 PM
  #69
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
You don't need to worry about me.
Debateable.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:39 PM
  #70
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
For the people bringing in friends for the league just be aware I'll be paying more attention to trades between you guys than anyone else. We've had people with 2 accounts just make lopsided trades with each other and mods have the power to check IP addresses. Not accusing you guys of possibly doing that but after those kind of incidents I just have to keep an eye out for it.
Oh yeah i completely understand Im very weary of guys bringing in buddies to my XBOX GMC league as well I know where your coming from

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:45 PM
  #71
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
I actually Use ESPN for all my fantasy leagues but I dont think an ESPN league can handle over 20 teams they cap it off
Yep, looks like 20 teams is the max. Yahoo is the same.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 04:00 PM
  #72
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Yep, looks like 20 teams is the max. Yahoo is the same.
and CBS?

CBJ All The Way is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 04:02 PM
  #73
TheNudge
Registered User
 
TheNudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,955
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Yep, looks like 20 teams is the max. Yahoo is the same.
That's why you should do it on CBS. And what did I do now !!!

TheNudge is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 04:02 PM
  #74
Raptactics29
Registered User
 
Raptactics29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
Fantrax is good to. Check out their scoring options --> http://www1.fantrax.com/fantasy/scor...ujisqih324j3xx

Raptactics29 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 04:12 PM
  #75
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptactics29 View Post
Fantrax is good to. Check out their scoring options --> http://www1.fantrax.com/fantasy/scor...ujisqih324j3xx
Was literally just going to post something about Fantrax in here asking how good it is. I'm gonna fiddle around with the site a bit but that one's looking good.

Joey Moss is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.