HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

What will it take for John Scott to fight Chara?

Old
02-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 593
What will it take for John Scott to fight Chara?

I'm well tired of Charas length advantage and are hoping his cherry picking of people to fight will come to an end and get John Scott on his ticket. You think that ever could happen? I dont think Derek Boogaard ever got the chance to go against him, no?

Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:31 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

vCash: 500
Chara will have to grow a pair. I highly doubt he will ever fight Scott.....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:37 AM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
He fought Peter Worrell 6 times.

When you win Norris Trophies and lead the league in time on ice you get to pick your battles. Sorry.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:39 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post

When you win Norris Trophies and lead the league in time on ice you get to pick your battles. Sorry.
he is smaller than john scott

Old
02-06-2013, 05:41 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:

yup, he will pick his battles, like a boxing champ clearly ducking the #1 contender.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:48 AM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
he is smaller than john scott
Peter Worrell was much more feared than John Scott ever was.

Quote:
yup, he will pick his battles, like a boxing champ clearly ducking the #1 contender.
How many times did Larry Robinson fight after he beat Dave Schultz?

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:48 AM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 593
Quote:
I must say thank you here sir for reminding me of this. I dont follow fights like some others so i forgot about this, it sure is something!

Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:02 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Peter Worrell was much more feared than John Scott ever was.

How many times did Larry Robinson fight after he beat Dave Schultz?

what does that have to do with Chara?

Old
02-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Soderberg

Lol people on this board are so pathetic. Boston's best players don't have to fight goons just to prove themselves to jealous opposing fans. Chara isn't a fighter and when he does fight someone he doesn't even want to hit them. Chara doesn't even use his advantage to the best of its ability.

Soderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Man Bear Pig

What is this I don't even...

Chara is an elite dman in this league, he doesn't need to prove a thing. He also doesn't like to fight, probably because he almost kills people. And Scott isn't the be all, end all of fighters. Just recently Orr put him down. Orr is 6'3 220 lbs and gave up 5 inches and 50 lbs. No enforcer in invincible. People seriously don't understand how strong Chara is. He literally picked Bryan McCabe up off the ice years back and ragdolled him. McCabe's 225 lbs.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Number8

Quote:
http://www.hockeydb.com

CJ: You are the Captain of this team, a Norris Trophy winner, and log 20+ minutes a game. Why in the hell did you decide to fight that plug? We need you on the ice.

ZC: But Coach, some of the guys on HF Boards think I don't have the guts to fight him.

CJ: Last year you were voted the second toughest player in the League, BY YOUR PEERS!

ZC: Yeah but Coach, the guys on HF Boards.......

By the way, as an aside, I think your avatar would look better if you incorporated 1993 into it somehow. Make for a nice 20th anniversary motif.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Smash88

vCash: 50
Quote:
LOL.. Chara has absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing to prove to John Scott..

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:24 AM
The Kid

Quote:
This will shock everyone... your premise is wrong. Chara is NOT a boxing champ, nor is he a "fighter" or "enforcer". So your entire argument fails right out of the gate. Scott and Chara have no such history, and are not combatants of similar nature. Chara is not a good fighter (at least on skates), but I think that if he can keep his balance, he would destroy Scott. Yes, that is correct, destroy him. Scotts punches are short and choppy. That is why he could not really do too much against Orr, who has freakishly long arms (and power/skill/toughness). If you can hold Scott away, which Chara has the size and strength to do, but still hit him, it's over. Orr took him down, so did Parros. The formula is not magic, it's physics more than anything as both Chara and Scott are very big, very strong, and tough.

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:38 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
http://www.hockeydb.com

CJ: You are the Captain of this team, a Norris Trophy winner, and log 20+ minutes a game. Why in the hell did you decide to fight that plug? We need you on the ice.

ZC: But Coach, some of the guys on HF Boards think I don't have the guts to fight him.

CJ: Last year you were voted the second toughest player in the League, BY YOUR PEERS!

ZC: Yeah but Coach, the guys on HF Boards.......

By the way, as an aside, I think your avatar would look better if you incorporated 1993 into it somehow. Make for a nice 20th anniversary motif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash88 View Post
LOL.. Chara has absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing to prove to John Scott..
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
This will shock everyone... your premise is wrong. Chara is NOT a boxing champ, nor is he a "fighter" or "enforcer". So your entire argument fails right out of the gate. Scott and Chara have no such history, and are not combatants of similar nature. Chara is not a good fighter (at least on skates), but I think that if he can keep his balance, he would destroy Scott. Yes, that is correct, destroy him. Scotts punches are short and choppy. That is why he could not really do too much against Orr, who has freakishly long arms (and power/skill/toughness). If you can hold Scott away, which Chara has the size and strength to do, but still hit him, it's over. Orr took him down, so did Parros. The formula is not magic, it's physics more than anything as both Chara and Scott are very big, very strong, and tough.

Its not about proving anything to anyone. I just notice that Chara has had no problem smashing guys who are no where near his size. Now a guy comes along who is his size and it would be nice to see the fight.

Who knows who would win but it would be fun to see.

Also to the guy who said he is tooimportant to the bruins to fight, how come no one says that stuff when he smashes a smaller guy?? If he fought Prust tonight and gave him a good smashing, every boston fan would love it and laugh about it. NOT ONE would say he was wrong to fight and should have stayed on the ice.

Last edited by IceDaddy: 02-06-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old
02-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Its not about proving anything to anyone. I just notice that Chara has had no problem smashing guys who are no where near his size. Now a guy comes along who is his size and it would be nice to see the fight.

He's smashing guys in the course of the game who can play the game. Just fighting Scott, because thats the only thing he can do makes no sense.

One clown playing 3 minutes a night hasn't done much for Buffalo's 'toughness,' acording to the standings.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Chara has fought Worrell, Darren Langdon, Scott Parker, Chris Simon, Eric Cairns, all far tougher than Scott. He doesn't have anything to prove as a 36 year old future hall of famer.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:49 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
He's smashing guys in the course of the game who can play the game. Just fighting Scott, because thats the only thing he can do makes no sense.

One clown playing 3 minutes a night hasn't done much for Buffalo's 'toughness,' acording to the standings.
Ask Sean Thornton about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Chara has fought Worrell, Darren Langdon, Scott Parker, Chris Simon, Eric Cairns, all far tougher than Scott. He doesn't have anything to prove as a 36 year old future hall of famer.
I thought he was too important to fight goons??

Old
02-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

would love to see that happen...

I don't expect Chara to have to do it... nor do I think it makes him a better sportsman or more honourable or whatever... I just wanna see it.

I imagine big Z would indulge Scott for awhile - then fall as he doesn't have great balance as a fighter. Chara has a powerful punch though so he might catch him...

would bet on Scott since that's his job but I think Big Z could hurt Scott if he connected... he could hurt anybody... that's what makes him scary.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Number8

Quote:

The poster said that Scott hasn't done much for Buffalo's toughness according to the standings.

Since the Scott-Thornton fight Buffalo has gone 0-3 and Boston is 1-0. Scott has since lost a fight to Parros and Thornton is skating reportedly with no symptoms......

Seems to me like the earth didn't spin off axis any more than when Colton Orr got KO'd. Tough guys lose fights every once in while -- sometimes badly.

I would venture to guess that the vast majority of Scott's fights are "faceoff circle agreements" -- I don't know for sure. Regardless, if you think that's what Chara is going to do with Scott, I think you'll be disappointed. For Scott to go with Chara, he'll have to be playing hockey and involved in the play. That might be a problem.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Therick67

Quote:

Buffalo hasn't won a game since they beat the Bruins. If it's helped them, it sure doesn't reflect in the standings.

If the Sabre's goal was to beat up Shawn Thornton, I guess they've won.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:11 AM
The Kid

Quote:

Also to the guy who said he is tooimportant to the bruins to fight, how come no one says that stuff when he smashes a smaller guy?? If he fought Prust tonight and gave him a good smashing, every boston fan would love it and laugh about it. NOT ONE would say he was wrong to fight and should have stayed on the ice.
He is too important to fight all of the time, and every time. That does not mean that he does not fight ever. He is arguably, the most important person on the ice for the Bruins at any given moment (maybe Bergeron). I don't know of any of those fights that were pre-arranged the way one with Scott seems to be heading. It's just silly hockey forum babble to make the argument that Chara is somehow ducking a plug in fighter.

If it's someone's opinion that it would be cool to see, fine, that is not arguable as it is opinion based on relevance.

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Therick67

Maybe Chara should challenge Scott to a game of hockey.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:34 AM
BBB24

Quote:

I thought he was too important to fight goons??
Who is that? Never heard of that guy. Funny how hab, sabre and leaf fans all want Chara or Lucic to fight Scott or Orr. Must be hoping they do and get injured so their ladies don't have to worry about them. 1993

BBB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:25 AM
smack66

Quote:
what does that have to do with Chara?
i'm sorry but if you can't comprehend this analogy then this conversation should be over.

smack66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:58 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB24 View Post
Who is that? Never heard of that guy. Funny how hab, sabre and leaf fans all want Chara or Lucic to fight Scott or Orr. Must be hoping they do and get injured so their ladies don't have to worry about them. 1993

Chara manhandles everyone in the league and I thought it would be cool if he fought someone his own size for a change. Thats all

24 vs 6