HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks - Sharks = Hawks Win 5-3

Old
02-06-2013, 05:21 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekes View Post
Was at the game, almost got in a fight with some drunk SJ fans
As far as away fans go SJ isn't that bad, the people I sat with where nice and we had some friendly banter but nothing mean spirited. I will give Sharks fans this, they have passion for their team, they aren't the smartest fans in the league but they love their team.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:41 AM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Kane now on pace(over 82 games) for 49 goals, 74 assists, 123 points.
...And Vanek's on pace for over 170 pts, and Hossa was on pace for...

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Kane's look right now, but projections in any sport are difficult to make. Still, it is nice to think about.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:47 AM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Missed the first period on TV. Was traveling and listening on the radio. Highlights don't show how the Sharks' first goal was scored save for the last pass or two. Foley made it sound like it was a lost faceoff in our zone, which quickly lead to the goal. Is that how it played out?

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:48 AM
Gustavo Fring
Analytics R4 nerds

Can't watch the games live because of where I live, but just saw the replay and am so psyched for this team.

As the biggest Kane fan in the world I am also so happy he is taking the 'next step' in his evolution as a player.

I would put the Hawks top two lines against any in the NHL right now.

Big attaboy to Saad, busting his butt every game, nice to finally see a reward. Second one to Keith for sticking up for his teammate, even on a clean hit.

Last edited by Gustavo Fring: 02-06-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Gustavo Fring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
No, stop overrating him please.

He is good but not even close to the best, hell he is probably borderline top 5 center... and no he can not get you 80-100 points a year he can't even get you a PPG.

and I love Toews, but please.. stop it.
I'd agree with this. I'd say he's top 5 but I'd place him behind Crosby, Datsyuk and Stamkos. When healthy, nobody really comes close to Crosby. I've only seen one player that can match Datsyuk's hands and vision (Kane) and Stamkos will net 50 goals a season.

Toews is great at FO's and on the PK, but it seems like he can disappear offensively at times.

He reminds me a lot of a Brian Urlacher or Wayne Rooney. Maybe not the most skilled player on the team, but definitely the heart and soul. That's no knock.

I will say this...that takeaway that led to Kaner's first goal was a thing of beauty.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Gustavo Fring
Analytics R4 nerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post

It's everything he brings, most of which can't be viewed on a stat sheet. Sure he won't lead the league in pts, but beyond Crosby there isn't a better C in the NHL when counting in everything.
Call me crazy as well then, because I wouldn't trade Toews for Crosby straight up ANY DAY of the week.

You may get more points but Crosby is a horrid defender. I will never figure out how he got a rep as an even decent two way center. He wins faceoffs that is all.

Now Malkin for Toews on the other hand.......

Gustavo Fring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:03 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
I'd agree with this. I'd say he's top 5 but I'd place him behind Crosby, Datsyuk and Stamkos. When healthy, nobody really comes close to Crosby. I've only seen one player that can match Datsyuk's hands and vision (Kane) and Stamkos will net 50 goals a season.

Toews is great at FO's and on the PK, but it seems like he can disappear offensively at times.

He reminds me a lot of a Brian Urlacher or Wayne Rooney. Maybe not the most skilled player on the team, but definitely the heart and soul. That's no knock.

I will say this...that takeaway that led to Kaner's first goal was a thing of beauty.
Beyond goals I give every other intangible and stat to Toews. Again everyone wants to look at points, Toews excells at the areas that aren't points, PK, defense, FO, heart, desire, leadership, clutchness. Stamkos will score more then Toews every year, beyond that Toews is the better player.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post

HUH!? Urlacher is a HOF and Rooney is one of the best soccer players in the world, that a bad example on both accounts.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:59 AM
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
15 years from now Toews will be missed.
I sincerely hope that Toews is one guy Blackhawks fans never turn against.

RedBaronIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:07 AM
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
No, stop overrating him please.

He is good but not even close to the best, hell he is probably borderline top 5 center... and no he can not get you 80-100 points a year he can't even get you a PPG.

and I love Toews, but please.. stop it.
Based on your threads and posts on the main board, I find it a little hard to believe. It appears as if you look for any opportunity to bash Toews while trying to prop up your boy Kane.

RedBaronIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:10 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Monster game, monster start. Another huge win. What more can be said. The Hawks stepped up and answered the bell...again on the road, at the Tank.

Saad pots his first NHL goal. Great to see. Everyone knew it was just a matter of time. Secondary scoring steps up. Shaw and Kruger with his first this year. Huge. Bickell has been playing like he always should have been delivering hits and lots of them. Has the worm turned for Bickell? Hope so. Need his physical presence especially with the absence of Carcillo. Speaking of hits, hope Mayers is ok. Huge for Keith to step up and go after Desjardin.

Toews overrated? Dont think so. Does everything you need to win. Shut down whatever line he was matched with and created the go ahead goal for Kane.

Pure awesomeness. Another great showing.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:34 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Joe Thornton just being sent a message last night when he was picked to serve the penalty for Neimi? Seemed odd to put him in the box when about to play 2 minutes of 4-on-4.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:53 AM
BobbyJet

I love Toews game as well. When you see him play every game you appreciate just how valuable he is. Kane is a always an offensive threat, and no doubt one of the best in the game, but let’s face it he is one dimensional and has nowhere near the value of a Toews. If Toews were to concentrate on offence and shirk his defensive game you can bet he’d easily be a PPG every season, but would lose value to the team. Even playing the responsible 2-way game that he does, he still will bring 70+ points in a season.

Hockey is all about plus/minus for the two way players in this league. Preventing goals are equally as important as scoring them. Toews does everything at both ends of the ice, and there aren’t any centermen in the league that can match him on a consistent basis. He is a leader on and off the ice, and that “Captain Serious” label is right on the money.

Thanks for the rundown of the game Psycho. I watched most of the roller coast 1st period and will watch the rest tonight. I was expecting the worst as I tuned into TSN this morning. Nice win boys!

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:18 AM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Sloppy play in the defensive zone for both teams most of the game, Crawford pulled it together after the first period. Gladly take the two points.

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:33 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Bickell was fantastic. Would be great if he'd bring that tenacity every night.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:43 AM
CapitalistInfidel

I could be wrong but since Desjardins launched himself into Mayers isn't that an automatic major? I thought since he left his feet it was a no brainer.

CapitalistInfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:07 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

I didn't stay up for the game...it sounds like i missed out.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:12 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I didn't stay up for the game...it sounds like i missed out.
Hah, that you did. It was a wild one. Saw a little bit over everything. Bad Crow, good crow. Keith sticking up after Mayers got drilled, on a clean hit no less. God awful Kane, Kane that makes you drool. Captain being Captain. Kruger managed to score.

You name it, it happened last night.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Hawkaholic

It wasn't a clean hit, the guy left his feet. Should of been a 2min minor for Charging, but it definitely wasn't clean. IIRC, also, the player has to make a play on the puck for it to not be interference, Mayers never made a play on the puck. I could be wrong on the interference rule though.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Illinihockey

You can tell Q definitely said something to Bickell and Shaw because they started taking runs at guys after the Sharks came out hitting. It really calmed the game down. Bickell has to know what he is and play physical like that every night.

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:16 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
It wasn't a clean hit, the guy left his feet. Should of been a 2min minor for Charging, but it definitely wasn't clean. IIRC, also, the player has to make a play on the puck for it to not be interference, Mayers never made a play on the puck. I could be wrong on the interference rule though.
Shoulder on shoulder. Should have had his head up. Whether or not he launched himself is debatable. One could say he didn't launch himself and the contact caused him to lose his feet. It definitely wasn't a clear launch, like say the Torres on Hossa hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
You can tell Q definitely said something to Bickell and Shaw because they started taking runs at guys after the Sharks came out hitting. It really calmed the game down. Bickell has to know what he is and play physical like that every night.
Man, if Bickell could play like that even 75% of the time, I'd love the guy. I think it was Murray that he had a pretty monster hit on in the corner in the Sharks zone.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:17 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Huge win, gets us a little bit of a lead on San Jose in the standings. The team is playing great, no complaints about the coaches or players. I think the coaching isn't getting near enough credit around here though. It has been outstanding, especially the work they have done with the penalty kill. Another 0 for last night. That's been the biggest difference. We know this team can dominate anyone 5 on 5 but when you add an elite penalty kill to the mix, and especially doing it the right way with the clears, conserving energy, it's just not fair for the other teams. That's how I like it.

coldsteelonice84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Cullksinikers

This team is insane four-on-four. Just thought I'd mention that.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Illinihockey

They need replay on head shot majors, game is just so fast and its such a big penalty.

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:22 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Hah, that you did. It was a wild one. Saw a little bit over everything. Bad Crow, good crow. Keith sticking up after Mayers got drilled, on a clean hit no less. God awful Kane, Kane that makes you drool. Captain being Captain. Kruger managed to score.

You name it, it happened last night.
i should have just stayed up...i woke up with the flu so couldn't go to work anyway.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote