HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-ny islanders

Old
02-06-2013, 08:39 AM
27isles27

vCash: 500
Colorado-ny islanders

To colorado:
Frans nielsen
kyle okposo
nino niederreiter
brendan kichton

to ny islanders:
Ryan o'reilly
mitchell heard
duncan siemens
cameron gaunce

thoughts? Comments?

27isles27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:48 AM
kasper11

What makes you think that the cap-floor Islanders would give O'Reilly the contract that Colorado won't?

kasper11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27isles27 View Post
To colorado:
Frans nielsen
kyle okposo
nino niederreiter
brendan kichton

to ny islanders:
Ryan o'reilly
mitchell heard
duncan siemens
cameron gaunce

thoughts? Comments?
I'd pass.
I think Colorado is giving up the best forward -- O'Reilly
and the better defender -- Siemens

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:56 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
What makes you think that the cap-floor Islanders would give O'Reilly the contract that Colorado won't?
Cause the biggest issue is role. Radar's worried that if he signs a bridge contract he could go back to a shutdown role behind Dutchy and Staz and not get the opportunities to put up the type of numbers he needs to to get that big long term deal, kinda like his first two seasons. So he'd probably sign right away on a team where he could step in and be one of their top 2 centers.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Landeskog The Viking
Duchene The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Cause the biggest issue is role. Radar's worried that if he signs a bridge contract he could go back to a shutdown role behind Dutchy and Staz and not get the opportunities to put up the type of numbers he needs to to get that big long term deal, kinda like his first two seasons. So he'd probably sign right away on a team where he could step in and be one of their top 2 centers.
from all the talk in the summer with enough wingers it sounded like they'd average 18 mins a game more if they were dominating plus look at staz he shouldn't be to worried

Landeskog The Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Dan-o16

Simplify, please. O'Reilly for Nielsen and who else?

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:20 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog The Viking View Post
from all the talk in the summer with enough wingers it sounded like they'd average 18 mins a game more if they were dominating plus look at staz he shouldn't be to worried
Oh I know, which is why I still think that if we work it out soon ROR may end up staying once he sees that rolling all 3 lines evenly actually works. But you can see where Ryan's reservations come from. With the way the Avs collect injuries somebody wasn't gunna get to play with first choice wingers, and the last time all three of our centers were all healthy together it was Duchene who got prioritized and Factor ended up in the shutdown role.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Landeskog The Viking
Duchene The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Oh I know, which is why I still think that if we work it out soon ROR may end up staying once he sees that rolling all 3 lines evenly actually works. But you can see where Ryan's reservations come from. With the way the Avs collect injuries somebody wasn't gunna get to play with first choice wingers, and the last time all three of our centers were all healthy together it was Duchene who got prioritized and Factor ended up in the shutdown role.
yeap should get rid of staz lol ever since the guy switched sticks hes not himself i just want RoR back but if it comes down to it a dman wouldn't be bad but thats last resort

Old
02-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Landeskog The Viking
Duchene The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Simplify, please. O'Reilly for Nielsen and who else?

Cheers,

Dan-o
kylee ok an nino/hamonic

Old
02-06-2013, 09:30 AM
leeroggy

Quote:
To colorado:
Frans nielsen
kyle okposo
nino niederreiter
brendan kichton

to ny islanders:
Ryan o'reilly
mitchell heard
duncan siemens
cameron gaunce

thoughts? Comments?
Why would the Isles do this trade? O'Reilly has one good year behind him and the rest are unproven. Against that we give up maybe the most under-rated center in the NHL in Nielsen, a 24-goal scoring 24 year old, the number 5 pick a few years ago and a defensemen who has been lighting it up in juniors while Siemens has regressed since his draft year.

A big NO from the Isles.

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:32 AM
cgf

Quote:
yeap should get rid of staz lol ever since the guy switched sticks hes not himself i just want RoR back but if it comes down to it a dman wouldn't be bad but thats last resort
Hell no. Staz has been good for us. He's still our best playmaker by a wide margin, our best center and our best faceoff guy. If we can get Radar to sign soon, I want us to keep all three centers unless we're getting a young partner for EJ back.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:58 AM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
Why would the Isles do this trade? O'Reilly has one good year behind him and the rest are unproven. Against that we give up maybe the most under-rated center in the NHL in Nielsen, a 24-goal scoring 24 year old, the number 5 pick a few years ago and a defensemen who has been lighting it up in juniors while Siemens has regressed since his draft year.

A big NO from the Isles.
Yes, those first 2 years it wasn't like O'Reilly put up 26 points as an 18 year old 2nd round draft pick, while playing extremely solid D and 26 points as a 19 year old, while playing even better D. Yeah, that third year where he led the league in takeaways and led the team in scoring is obviously a fluke.

Why would any team want to give up anything of value for him?

If he had little value, there wouldn't be 15 threads of various teams offering something to get him.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:59 AM
StrongIslanders90

ROR is awsome but he wants crazy money that I dont think the Isles would want to pay....

Also Frans Nielsen is grossly underated around here...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Ceremony
Transcendence

vCash: 499
Oh I would love Nielsen. Take out Siemens and one of the other Isles players and you have a deal.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
kylee ok an nino/hamonic
So, O'Reilly for Nielsen, Okposo, and Niederreiter? (there's no way Hamonic goes in that deal).

Nah, too much cost for the upgrade over Nielsen.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
02-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
So, O'Reilly for Nielsen, Okposo, and Niederreiter? (there's no way Hamonic goes in that deal).

Nah, too much cost for the upgrade over Nielsen.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Yeah, I agree with you as an Avs fan.

I think it'd be ROR for Nielsen + Okposo or Nino. If it's for Okposo, the Avalanche would have to add. I don't like the deal merely because of Nielsen's age, which while young doesn't fit that well with our core.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:13 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
kylee ok an nino/hamonic
lol I wouldn't even trade Hamonic straight up for ROR, btw in what world is Hamonic even with Nino?

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:18 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
lol I wouldn't even trade Hamonic straight up for ROR, btw in what world is Hamonic even with Nino?

listen to this man

22 yr old Hamonic is the Isles Number 1 shutdown defensman.....and probablly #1 dman overall

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:22 AM
goal1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post

I think it'd be ROR for Nielsen + Okposo or Nino. If it's for Okposo, the Avalanche would have to add. I don't like the deal merely because of Nielsen's age, which while young doesn't fit that well with our core.

Two roster players for ROR would never work. ROR is a good player and would be an upgrade over Nielsen ( how much of an upgrade is arguable) but he's not worth twice the salary + either Okpos / Nino in my opinion.

I dont think ROR will be signed or moved until the trade deadline. It will be interesting to see how this plays out though.

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by goal1228 View Post
Two roster players for ROR would never work. ROR is a good player and would be an upgrade over Nielsen ( how much of an upgrade is arguable) but he's not worth twice the salary + either Okpos / Nino in my opinion.

I dont think ROR will be signed or moved until the trade deadline. It will be interesting to see how this plays out though.
Honestly, I'm pretty sure he'll sign and play in Colorado once both sides stop being little *****es...

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Honestly, I'm pretty sure he'll sign and play in Colorado once both sides stop being little *****es...
He could still get traded at the deadline, even if he signs.

Avs historically haven't looked kindly on holdouts.

Trade him to a team making a playoff push/run for picks and prospects (maybe a roster player, but playoff teams don't trade good roster players at the deadline).

ROR would get rewarded for his holdout by going to a playoff team, but them's the breaks.

That said, I doubt he'd get traded at the deadline. More likely at the draft, and even more likely over the summer.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:02 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Yeah, that was highly questionable. Other than Tavares, there is no one on the Isles that equals Hamonic.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:25 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
kylee ok an nino/hamonic
um, the value of that is so far off that its funny. Nielsen is a 40+ pt center, Okposo is 45-50pts, Nino is bluechip even after his awful showing on the 4th line last year and Hamonic is a cornerstone dman for this team.
All that for an unsigned 21 yr old who had a nice season last year? No

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:

That's fair value... It's not compelling, though, because #2C is not our biggest issue, and it's plausibly something that could be handled within our organization in the future (Strome, Brock Nelson).

Isles would prefer to spend assets on a power winger. We need a Ryan Clowe/Chris Kunitz type more than we need someone like O'Reilly. That's nothing against O'Reilly, of course, it's just a question of priorities.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
02-06-2013, 11:45 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
To colorado:
Frans nielsen
kyle okposo
nino niederreiter
brendan kichton

to ny islanders:
Ryan o'reilly
mitchell heard
duncan siemens
cameron gaunce

thoughts? Comments?
I think the isles don't have the budget or desire, to give ROR $5m based on 1 very good season.

Heck, Tavares is making $4m this season after several very strong seasons.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote