HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LD Morgan Rielly (2012, 5th overall, Toronto) II

Old
02-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
You mean NHL 09, 10, 11, 12 and 13
Don't know. Didn't buy any of those. Might buy '14 if MoRiles is it in though.

02-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Man Bear Pig

Why is Liles being compared to Rielly? They really aren't similar players.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Why is Liles being compared to Rielly? They really aren't similar players.
Because people who have never seen MoRiles play assumes that he's a stereotypical PMD and compare him to something we already have even though the only thing they have in common is the fact that they both play defense.

Run on sentence idgaf

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:02 AM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

Another 2 assists tonight.

snizzbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:40 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Don't know. Didn't buy any of those. Might buy '14 if MoRiles is it in though.
But he is in the game already

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Sundinisagod
Weed

38 pts in 42 games played in the dub this season...was hoping for a ppg pace, still not out of reach with a big game or two.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:29 AM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
38 pts in 42 games played in the dub this season...was hoping for a ppg pace, still not out of reach with a big game or two.
Considering the roster he's playing with, being this close to PPG is pretty damn impressive. Though at this rate it really isn't out of reach for him.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:47 AM
puckfan13

Quote:
Huh? Why do people talk like this... What is the difference between 38 and 42 pts. Doubtful you've even seen him play in the Dub really. Doughty got less than a PPG at the same age in the OHL. Defense is what should matter, everyone already knows the offense is there and not going anywhere.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Huh? Why do people talk like this... What is the difference between 38 and 42 pts. Doubtful you've even seen him play in the Dub really. Doughty got less than a PPG at the same age in the OHL. Defense is what should matter, everyone already knows the offense is there and not going anywhere.
What was impressive, atleast on the stats sheet (didn't see the game), was that he remained even in +/- despite his team giving up five goals.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Sundinisagod
Weed

Quote:

The difference is 4 points. If you need help with anything else feel free to pm me.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Sundinisagod
Weed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Considering the roster he's playing with, being this close to PPG is pretty damn impressive. Though at this rate it really isn't out of reach for him.

To me, hitting a ppg game is a nice indicator that he's back to where he was pre-injury...where I think he had 18 pts in 18 games in the season he blew out his knee. Obviously I'm not gonna lose sleep over him being off that pace ever so slightly...

Old
02-06-2013, 05:31 PM
will13

Quote:
To me, hitting a ppg game is a nice indicator that he's back to where he was pre-injury...where I think he had 18 pts in 18 games in the season he blew out his knee. Obviously I'm not gonna lose sleep over him being off that pace ever so slightly...
From what I've seen from him this season compared to last season is that he's playing stronger defensively which he should be doing considering his team last season was much deeper than his team now. Not that he was a reckless player by any means before, but he seems more responsible, defensively.

will13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
The difference is 4 points. If you need help with anything else feel free to pm me.
He knows the difference between 38 and 42 points.

I think the reason people are so fascinated with the PPG pace is because most Leaf fans cannot see Morgan Rielly play so they hope he's doing well on that stat sheet.

We had a lot more discussion when Kadri was drafted because he played for the London Knights.

To me, I don't care if Morgan Rielly had 20 points right now because we all know that he's a very creative offensive minded player.

He's playing on a very bad roster and the fans that do watch his game say that he's a lot stronger defensively this year.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:59 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

It's crazy to think how many points he would be putting up on a good team. I mean Portland has 3 dmen at a PPG and one with 30 in 40..

Old
02-07-2013, 01:47 AM
puckfan13

Quote:
I'm saying that 38 vs 42 isn't going to be necessarily representative of anything, especially considering you have zero context. You don't know anything about the WHL, his conference, his teammates probably. You're just arbitrarily assigning a nice "round" number to mark his progress based in nothing. It's based in literally nothing. How about learning about his teammates or some of his circumstances and getting some reports of his play as an indicator? He is way past wherever he was at the beginning of last season pre-injury, it's not even up for discussion.

His game has improved significantly since then, points have nothing to do with it really. His offense is still there and not leaving anytime soon at the junior level. Did anyone say Doughty regressed in his 18 year old year? People that stat-watch to make judgements on prospects, particularly defensemen, with close to zero context infuriate me.

Just because he didn't get a PPG doesn't mean crap, he's still a great prospect and getting 40 vs 50 pts shouldn't really change his standing in the mind of any reasonable person.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:58 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
I thought he looked better last year during the playoffs then he looked during my limited viewings this year. Obviously the team is much weaker this year, but he was skating end to end last year with ease/regularity.

I didnt really see that from him this year.

Probably doesnt mean much, Im sure he is still capable, just my two cents.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:39 AM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I thought he looked better last year during the playoffs then he looked during my limited viewings this year. Obviously the team is much weaker this year, but he was skating end to end last year with ease/regularity.

I didnt really see that from him this year.

Probably doesnt mean much, Im sure he is still capable, just my two cents.
I can tell you with 100% assurance that he is definitely still doing that.

maplehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Sundinisagod
Weed

Quote:
I'm saying that 38 vs 42 isn't going to be necessarily representative of anything, especially considering you have zero context. You don't know anything about the WHL, his conference, his teammates probably. You're just arbitrarily assigning a nice "round" number to mark his progress based in nothing. It's based in literally nothing. How about learning about his teammates or some of his circumstances and getting some reports of his play as an indicator? He is way past wherever he was at the beginning of last season pre-injury, it's not even up for discussion.

His game has improved significantly since then, points have nothing to do with it really. His offense is still there and not leaving anytime soon at the junior level. Did anyone say Doughty regressed in his 18 year old year? People that stat-watch to make judgements on prospects, particularly defensemen, with close to zero context infuriate me.

Just because he didn't get a PPG doesn't mean crap, he's still a great prospect and getting 40 vs 50 pts shouldn't really change his standing in the mind of any reasonable person.

Do you think I've downgraded him as a prospect because he's 1 big game off a ppg clip or something? Take a pill, chill, get a clue...

Old
02-12-2013, 08:57 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

2 goals for Rielly tonight after two periods of play against the solid Prince Albert Raiders.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
2 goals for Rielly tonight after two periods of play against the solid Prince Albert Raiders.
It's great to see Rielly do well but I don't think we need to update every time he has a 2 or more points in a game.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:50 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
It's great to see Rielly do well but I don't think we need to update every time he has a 2 or more points in a game.
Every other prospect gets a bump when they have a good game, why shouldn't he?

Old
02-12-2013, 10:11 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
Every other prospect gets a bump when they have a good game, why shouldn't he?
Homers be homering

Problem?

Last edited by x74Pacioretty74x: 02-13-2013 at 12:07 AM.
x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:21 PM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
This is a Morgan Rielly thread on the prospects board...what exactly are you expecting to find here?

maplehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:41 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Yeah, the thread exists already so might as well make use of it when he gets some points .

But really, I'm just looking forward to when the WHL season wraps up and he can get some time in with the Marlies.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:08 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

2 goals and an assist tonight to come back from down 3-0 and win.. creeping back up to a point per game.