HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Two Top 6 Wingers to Pittsburgh

Old
02-06-2013, 12:09 PM
mpp9

vCash: 500
Two Top 6 Wingers to Pittsburgh

Our defense is looking very good this season. Orpik/Martin are playing like a legit shutdown pairing. Despres and Bortuzzo have been great additions to our lineup.

We have a hole on Malkin's LW and could use an upgrade for Sid come playoffs.

Dumoulin+2nd

Kulemin

Niskanen/Despres+

Chris Stewart

Leafs get an NHL ready D-man who projects to be top 4 in the very near future and a 2nd in what looks like a deep draft. With their young forwards stepping up, Kulemin can be expendable for the right deal. If he's available, Shero will be in on him for sure.

Blues get a partner for Pietrangelo at a decent caphit. Niskanen has proven to be a very good complement for a #1 D-man in his time with Dallas and his stint with Letang before injury. Despres is looking like a legit partner for Letang longterm. It'd be tough to move him but in a deal for Sid's longterm winger, I'd do it. Stewart has looked good so far this year being in the best shape of his career and playing physical. But he's way down the depth chart in St. Louis with his TOI being that of an 8th/9th forward.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:16 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Redden has looked good next to Pietrangelo, so I doubt we are pursuing any defenseman at this point.

Our top 3 lines play pretty similarish minutes. The line that is playing the best gets more minutes. Stewart is getting a lot of PP time as well. Stewart is getting exactly what he should be getting for ice time. Our 3rd line is not like other 3rd lines because we don't have a 1st line that can carry the offensive load.

Blues and Penguins aren't good trading partners.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:18 PM
SteelFish87*

not sure if Blues would want Niskanen

Pens should not trade Despres, he is a beast

SteelFish87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:24 PM
SNES

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
come playoffs.
Presumptuous much. Better hope you didn't just give the pens the ol' jinxaroo

SNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNES View Post
Good teams dont believe in jinxs

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

Lars Eller can play wing

Eller for prospect + 2nd ?

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Really? They've comfortably made the playoffs for the last 6 years, have the two best players in the world and are currently atop the East standings. Doesn't take much of a leap of faith to assume the Pens will be in the playoffs again this season.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:31 PM
SNES

vCash: 50
Your right of course. Why even bother playing the rest of the season? We should all just save ourselves the time and move right to the playoffs. Hell why not just give the pens the cup too and move on to the draft...why not?

SNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Pi

How does it make any sense for the Leafs to trade their best defensive forward that also puts up points, cycles the puck, and is good on the boards for the Leafs?

Kulemin is not expendable by any means. We have zero reason to trade him for anything less than an overpayment.

The only winger on the Leafs that is expendable is MacArthur.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:37 PM
wej20

I'm not convinced by the defence just yet, Despres and Bortuzzo look good but are still going to make rookie mistakes. Orpik and Martin have looked very solid but both were awful last year. I'd rather acquire one winger so we can bump Kunitz back with Geno - Neal and then see where we go from there.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Your right of course. Why even bother playing the rest of the season? We should all just save ourselves the time and move right to the playoffs. Hell why not just give the pens the cup too and move on to the draft...why not?
Oh C'mon. You're being ridiculous. He's assuming that a very good team, who has a long history of making the playoffs, and are showing no signs that they won't continue to play well will make the playoffs again. It sounds more like common sense than presumptuous to me.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Black Label

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
Lars Eller can play wing

Eller for prospect + 2nd ?
I don't see the Pens being interested in another LH winger. Everyone in the top 6 is a LH shot right now. Dupuis-Crosby-Kunitz and Boychuk-Malkin-Neal

I liked him when he played for FrŲlunda but I just don't think he fits what the Pens need.

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:39 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
yeah, because that's a reasonable and mature response...

as for the deals in the OP, i don't think either team does that. the Blues have pretty good defense as it is and probably wouldn't look to add to that right now. the Leafs probably won't trade Kulemin (who's probably their best winger this year) unless they get another capable top-6 player (or someone with top-6 potential) in the trade. i'd do that first deal, but not the second one. i don't think the Leafs would do it though.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:41 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I'm not convinced by the defence just yet, Despres and Bortuzzo look good but are still going to make rookie mistakes. Orpik and Martin have looked very solid but both were awful last year. I'd rather acquire one winger so we can bump Kunitz back with Geno - Neal and then see where we go from there.
Boychuk?

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
Oh C'mon. You're being ridiculous. He's assuming that a very good team, who has a long history of making the playoffs, and are showing no signs that they won't continue to play well will make the playoffs again. It sounds more like common sense than presumptuous to me.
Not to mention this entire board is based on presumptions and fantasy. It's not like proposing trades here actually makes them happen.

I'm with wej20, I'd rather see the Pens acquire one winger at this point. Boychuk has looked ok so far in the top 6. I'd just as soon they add a depth d-man than a second forward.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:43 PM
marty111

I don't think Pittsburgh will have to pay that much...

They haven't won in long enough to seem remotely relevant so some GMs should give them a good deal.

How about Kulemin for two thirds in 2016 and 2017?

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Not to mention this entire board is based on presumptions and fantasy. It's not like proposing trades here actually makes them happen.

I'm with wej20, I'd rather see the Pens acquire one winger at this point. Boychuk has looked ok so far in the top 6. I'd just as soon they add a depth d-man than a second forward.
Yannick Weber/Tomas Kaberle for whatever.

Let's just say a signed picture of Crosby and Malkin is more valuable than either of them.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wej20

Definitely not down for trading Despres, he's looked very good these last few games. Once he gets his man strength he's going to be able to lay some really nice hits.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:44 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I am with you on that least part. I`d rather get a winger who bumps Kunitz to being the third best wing on this team and back to the Malkin line than spend much effort on Kulemin.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Yannick Weber/Tomas Kaberle for whatever.

Let's just say a signed picture of Crosby and Malkin is more valuable than either of them.
I'd rather we send those pictures to some kids

Kaberle is ****ing awful

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:45 PM
SidsBackhand

The Pens cannot trade Bortuzzo or Despres. Bortuzzo was an inch away from continuing his points steak last night when he hit the post. Despres scored. Offense is supposed to be the weak part of their game.

Defensively, these two are fast and smart. Great passers (Bortuzzo especially). Both great at poke checking/taking the body/blocking shots. These two both have the potential to be elite someday, and they've played an integral part of the Penguins success this season (minus Despres penalties, that is expected).

My point being, that when Niskanen gets back we won't have room for him in the lineup. And he's making too much to sit on the bench. His improvement last year will have some teams wanting to acquire him, Shero should move him before his peak value declines (may have already started decline slightly due to injury).

My proposal would be:

Niskanen + 1st and/or 2nd for a winger.

Who would be available for that value? Who would you guys want?

SidsBackhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:50 PM
sparxx87

Stempniak for a 2nd

St Louis isn't going to trade Stewart unless its for a clear upgrade. I can't see them being very interested in Niskanen. While Despres may be more valuable in the future, I don't think they're a better team this year and they're looking to contend now.

Toronto is highly unlikely to trade arguably their most valuable forward for another d prospect. The Leafs lack high end prospects, specifically at the centre ice position.. I can't see them trading Kulemin for a B level defense prospect and a 2nd. If they trade Kulemin it would likely be in a package for an established top 6 centreman, or a potential number one centre. Kulemin would be traded for a need, not to get equal value.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:59 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Toronto is highly unlikely to trade arguably their most valuable forward for another d prospect. The Leafs lack high end prospects, specifically at the centre ice position.. I can't see them trading Kulemin for a B level defense prospect and a 2nd. If they trade Kulemin it would likely be in a package for an established top 6 centreman, or a potential number one centre. Kulemin would be traded for a need, not to get equal value.
Nah, Nonis understands how important Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins are to the NHL and will help them make a push for the cup.

Kulemin for two flips of a coin that might turn out to be just as valuable as Kulemin in 3-5 years time is an overpayment. Which is to be given since Pittsburgh is gunning for the cup.

They shouldn't have to pay that much.

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:02 PM
HooliganX2

Niskanen is a right handed defenseman so he is not even an option for the Blues. I think in St Louis Despres would be getting the Cole treatment. So you can scratch Stewart off your list. As the Pens don't really have the player the Blues would be looking for in return.

Stewart is playing well he wont be traded this season his value should be much higher in the offseason if he keeps up his current level of play. Also if he keeps up his current level of play he most likely wont be traded.

The Blues basically run 3 2nd lines and do not have a traditional 1st or 3rd line. So the top 9 all play close in ice time.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:05 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Niskanen is a right handed defenseman so he is not even an option for the Blues. I think in St Louis Despres would be getting the Cole treatment. So you can scratch Stewart off your list. As the Pens don't really have the player the Blues would be looking for in return.

Stewart is playing well he wont be traded this season his value should be much higher in the offseason if he keeps up his current level of play. Also if he keeps up his current level of play he most likely wont be traded.
Niskanen plays the left side. And is a solid 2nd unit PP guy. Needs of yours.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote