HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Reebok 6k Sickick III Stick

Old
11-23-2010, 09:22 PM
puck noob

vCash: 500
Reebok 6k Sickick III Stick

Has anyone tried one of these out? It is a price point stick retailing at just under 100 dollars and features a lot of the high end features seen on this series.

puck noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:49 AM
deeman

I know it's an old post but I have the same question.

I just ordered one online for $69. Seems like a good stick with good reviews.

I took the advice preached here and went with an Intermediate stick with 65 flex.

I am 5'9" and 170lbs. Hopefully the flex is not too whippy for my size but I have a crappy slapshot and rely mostly on wristers.

deeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:42 AM
7toZulu

I got one of these sticks over x-mas in a 75 flex... loved the added whip on my shots coming from an 85 flex AI7. For reference, i am 6'2 210. The stick has started deteriorating pretty quickly for me, especially at the back part of the hosel, right where it starts tapering to the blade. I use mostly snappers/writst shots, but the few clappers i took may have stressed the stick too much. Other than it breaking down on me after less than two months, i think its a great stick for the price. I think you'll enjoy the increased 'whip' the stick gives.

I think it's fairly light for the pricepoint,and I found it to be pretty well balanced. Compared to the AI7 i primarily use, it does seem a little more "pingy", as in the puck seems to bounce off the stick a little easier when accepting passes/etc...

Last edited by 7toZulu: 02-06-2013 at 11:50 AM.
7toZulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:05 PM
nullterm

vCash: 800
I have one, 65 flex Datsyuk cut down a fair bit.

Great stick for the price, pretty light, excellent to hold with the rounder shaft (compared to most sticks which are more square), durable (except some chipping on the toe), great for shooting and passing.

If I see one (though at 75 or maybe 85 flex) for sale I'd definitely take it him.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:15 PM
AIREAYE

I think that the 16K, which replaces the 6K at the $100 pricepoint, is even better. Great balance and kick.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:18 AM
deeman

Thanks guys, it was actually $59 with 15% off so I think it's a good deal. I am anxious to try it out.

I think I've worn out my entry level Bauer Vapor X:15 stick out so a new twig will be cool to try out.

deeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:33 PM
wondeROY

I just ordered the 8k last night, and I normally shoot bauer X series. Always wanted to try one of these reebok sticks since I tend to like the rest of their gear.

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:36 AM
GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck noob View Post
Has anyone tried one of these out? It is a price point stick retailing at just under 100 dollars and features a lot of the high end features seen on this series.
Great stick... love the look and feel, also good kickpoint. I just picked one up at Pro Hockey Life for $79.99 -- actually now thinking about picking up another one and getting 20% off since that's their promo!

GLG is offline   Reply With Quote