HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 10:20 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
If it comes down to that, I'd rather he plays an overage year (with the way he's played this season) rather than sit in the Hamilton pressbox.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:43 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
If it comes down to that, I'd rather he plays an overage year (with the way he's played this season) rather than sit in the Hamilton pressbox.
If they can't get ice time in Hamilton then I'd rather send them to the ECHL to get a lot of ice vs going back to the CHL as an overager as injuries are going to happen and once you send them to juniors they stay there outside of an emergecy recall (assuming that is still the rule). I think Thrower has looked good enough in the games i've seen, don't see why they would hold him back. But the Habs don't have a deadline on signing Thrower, like they do with Dietz (june 1st), so i'm sure management will be keeping a close eye on them up through the Memorial Cup and then at camp in June for Thrower since he doesn't have to be signed till the following june.

Of course it's still early so we'll have to see if any trades go down and any other roster moves.

Watched the North Dakota game, Kristo was back at RW after playing LW on Friday. He assisted on the 2nd goal and MacMillan had a sweet tip on the opening goal on the top PP unit. Next weekend I will get another look at Dustin Walsh.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:45 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Pribyl scores again. 10th of the season.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:59 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Pribyl scores again. 10th of the season.
love it when the long shots do good! I know he's skilled but how skilled is he relative to the rest of our prospects? If he can get his skating up would he be a huge steal?

Old
02-04-2013, 11:22 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

For those who didn't watch l'antichambre tonight. I highly recommend you to watch it on rds.ca. The Brisebois segment is pretty interesting as he's talking about our prospects. He says Beaulieu has had better work ethic in the last month and that he loves Dietz's attitude and work ethic, says he acts like a pro already.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:10 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
For those who didn't watch l'antichambre tonight. I highly recommend you to watch it on rds.ca. The Brisebois segment is pretty interesting as he's talking about our prospects. He says Beaulieu has had better work ethic in the last month and that he loves Dietz's attitude and work ethic, says he acts like a pro already.
thanks! good to hear. I don't speak french. does he single out anybody else?

Old
02-05-2013, 12:18 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I think Thrower has looked good enough in the games i've seen, don't see why they would hold him back.
I think Thrower righted the ship but he hasn't improved from last season. This stretch of the season will be telling if he pushes himself to help them through to the playoffs.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
love it when the long shots do good! I know he's skilled but how skilled is he relative to the rest of our prospects? If he can get his skating up would he be a huge steal?
Great hands and size but horrible skating and foot speed. He's not very physical but I'm not worried about that, but it's his speed that makes him a longshot. IMO he can make the NHL even as a below average skater because his size and skill go a long way, but not that this bad.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:00 AM
NotProkofievian

Daniel Pribyl, IMO:

Hockey IQ - Very good, actually.
Hands - The only player we have with better hands is Galchenyuk, IMO.
Shot - Decent/Good
Skating -

Old
02-05-2013, 02:27 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Daniel Pribyl, IMO:

Hockey IQ - Very good, actually.
Hands - The only player we have with better hands is Galchenyuk, IMO.
Shot - Decent/Good
Skating -
I'm confident in our player development that won't let a player like this go to waste. He's got tons of time to work on his skating.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
I'm confident in our player development that won't let a player like this go to waste. He's got tons of time to work on his skating.
Plus he is not a known prospect, he can take time to develop his skills and come over to Hamilton when he is ready. Similar to Pleks development.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:02 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I would wait and see how much he actually improves his skating/mobility/foot speed cause he has a lot of work to do there. If he gets up to par then he could end up being a stead depending on how his game translate to the smaller ice. He looks like a moose on skates, for someone that just turned 20 he looks really big out there and clearly has some decent hands so even though he doesn't appear to be overly physical having a big winger (that should fill out more over the next few years) with good hands could end up being really good for us. But there's a ton of ifs and maybes so we'll have to see how it goes.

Quote:
I think Thrower righted the ship but he hasn't improved from last season. This stretch of the season will be telling if he pushes himself to help them through to the playoffs.
I know he put up crazy numbers last year but injuries have impacted him this year. Don't see why that should keep him from turning pro but management has a lot of time to decide what to do.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:16 AM
WeThreeKings

Pribyl comparison could be someone like Robert Lang?

Old
02-05-2013, 11:22 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Pribyl comparison could be someone like Robert Lang?
In your dreams, yes.

Last edited by montreal: 02-05-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old
02-05-2013, 11:25 AM
NotProkofievian

I agree with what montreal said about Pribyl. All he really needs to do is adapt to North American ice and fix his skating. Skating is largely a fixable issue, but only if the player puts in the dedication to improve. That may not happen. As well, some players just never "get it" when it comes to the North American game.

However, the man does have a lot of tools.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
In your dreams, yes.
the slowed down Lang in Montreal?

Old
02-05-2013, 11:47 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
In your dreams, yes.
He'll make it! Just you watch!!

Old
02-05-2013, 02:30 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
He'll make it! Just you watch!!
As something like Robert Lang? That would be something. I don't know what Pribyl's NHL future is, but I highly doubt he would be anything close to Langer. When Lang was in his 19-20 year old season in the Czech Elite league (granted a very long time ago) he put up a ppg with 46 pts. Now I can't really speak as to what the Czech Elite league looked like in the early '90's, but Lang's got almost 1000 NHL games and over 700 pts, so one would think that Pribyl wouldn't be a good comparison other then they are both Czech's.

I would think Pribyl will be bigger in his prime then Lang was in his, as Pribyl looks really big out there already, it will be interesting to see how big he ends up assuming he remains in the organization. I know that Lang wasn't a great skater or known for his foot speed, if Pribyl can show a good deal of improvement then maybe he can reach that level.

But I like Pribyl and would want to see the Habs sign him just in case he ends up improving his skating/mobility a great deal as it would go much better for him if he can have a lot of improvement there of course. I would say at his current rate his skating/mobility/foot speed would keep him out of the NHL, so unless he fixes it I don't see him making the NHL full time. But since he just turned 20 in Dec, he's got several years to work on that.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:27 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
As something like Robert Lang? That would be something. I don't know what Pribyl's NHL future is, but I highly doubt he would be anything close to Langer. When Lang was in his 19-20 year old season in the Czech Elite league (granted a very long time ago) he put up a ppg with 46 pts. Now I can't really speak as to what the Czech Elite league looked like in the early '90's, but Lang's got almost 1000 NHL games and over 700 pts, so one would think that Pribyl wouldn't be a good comparison other then they are both Czech's.

I would think Pribyl will be bigger in his prime then Lang was in his, as Pribyl looks really big out there already, it will be interesting to see how big he ends up assuming he remains in the organization. I know that Lang wasn't a great skater or known for his foot speed, if Pribyl can show a good deal of improvement then maybe he can reach that level.

But I like Pribyl and would want to see the Habs sign him just in case he ends up improving his skating/mobility a great deal as it would go much better for him if he can have a lot of improvement there of course. I would say at his current rate his skating/mobility/foot speed would keep him out of the NHL, so unless he fixes it I don't see him making the NHL full time. But since he just turned 20 in Dec, he's got several years to work on that.
I was only thinking of players that were tall in stature, slow footed, but had some hands, vision and the ability to score. Not the prime Lang but the type of Lang we got in Montreal.. When I meant comparable, I don't insinuate that he'll meet that type of production, just that their styles would be similar.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I was only thinking of players that were tall in stature, slow footed, but had some hands, vision and the ability to score. Not the prime Lang but the type of Lang we got in Montreal.. When I meant comparable, I don't insinuate that he'll meet that type of production, just that their styles would be similar.
I don't think he plays much like Lang, and I think he would be very lucky if he produced anything close to how Lang did with us. I would say that they have very different styles, other then both being tall, slow and from the Czech Rep.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:48 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Listen if Brian friggin Boyle can improve his footwork to an acceptable level at the NHL, then Pribyl is not a lost cause... yet.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:42 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Listen if Brian friggin Boyle can improve his footwork to an acceptable level at the NHL, then Pribyl is not a lost cause... yet.
Hear, hear !!!

Old
02-05-2013, 11:07 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
thanks! good to hear. I don't speak french. does he single out anybody else?
He talked about Tinordi too, obviously, but that came because the hosts asked him about Jared and who was the closer D from the NHL. He said if Beaulieu keeps improving his defensive game, he could very well be a call-up, if an offensive D would go down. If it's a Defensive one, he said it'd be Tinordi. Or that it could aslo be Pateryn. He said that beside the two first rounders we have pretty good options in Hamilton too in Pateryn and Ellis( he didn't mention Morgan as a potential callup though, which is normal).

Outside of that he didn't really single out anybody, but mostly talked about his new job.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:54 AM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Me likey. Might not mean anything but Hertl, who's an year younger, has 25pts in the same amount of games while being a 1st rounder.

They have an article about him on the team's site: http://www.hcsparta.cz/clanek.asp?id...vacet-let-7492

They used a quote of his as a title...google translate of it doesn't really make sense, "I want to win another twenty years".

Andreas Engqvist still lighting it up in the KHL too. His faceoff stats is pretty decent and he's a right handed center. I think he still has a shot with this organization if he keeps improving like this in the KHL. I am intrigued to see his play during the WC.
Eng will not be with Montreal....ever! He is having fun in the K, making good money and just celebrated the birth of a child. If he comes back, it won't be with Montreal!

His problem here was confidence. When you get 2 minutes of ice time a game, difficult to get into any sort of rythm. He was playing really well with Stallberg and is still putting points up despite the fact that Andersson and Zherdev were both dealt by Atlant.

I do think that the steal of the draft was Collberg. A phenomenal talent who understands both ends of the rink. Looking forward to him arriving here next year!

Old
02-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Grant McCagg

Thrower is the pick I'm most concerned about from last season. He has not progressed, especially off the ice.

I had concerns last season, and they have only been magnified. You would be doing a lot of wishful thinking to have him ranked ahead of Hudon right now for instance. In fact I think Dietz is the better pro prospect right now. Thrower is a 6-0 defenceman with limited sense and suspect skating agility.. Tough and has a good shot, but the rest of his game will have to improve significantly before I see him pushing for an NHL spot. He may even have problems playing at the AHL level next season if he makes the jump.

Closed Thread