HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Thrower is the pick I'm most concerned about from last season. He has not progressed, especially off the ice.

I had concerns last season, and they have only been magnified. You would be doing a lot of wishful thinking to have him ranked ahead of Hudon right now for instance. In fact I think Dietz is the better pro prospect right now. Thrower is a 6-0 defenceman with limited sense and suspect skating agility.. Tough and has a good shot, but the rest of his game will have to improve significantly before I see him pushing for an NHL spot. He may even have problems playing at the AHL level next season if he makes the jump.
True. I keep mentioning how Dietz is the better pro prospect even if the upside might not be as great. Yet, I am also worried about Thrower and while I don't know off the ice, on the ice, he shows me continuously that the effort level isn't there. He gets beat easily and when a player is alone in front of the net, he goes to him but so weak that he's easily beaten. Add the fact that the numbers also aren't there....he might be in the column of a "total miss" on Timmins part. Yet, at the time, I was extremly happy to have picked him and while I didn't believe it was a steal, I believe it was a great pick. We will see in due time, but a whole lot of maturity coming his way....we hope.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Grant McCagg

He does a lot of standing around when he should be clearing the crease. I agree that his compete level comes and goes...unfortunately he reminds me of a tough Nick Ebert in a lot of ways.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Well then maybe we should draft some d-men in this draft, to replenish the cupboard, so to speak. Pulock works for me.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Beendair Donedat

What are your thoughts on Morgan Ellis, McCagg?

Old
02-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Whoa Deitz +10 in the last 4 games. Good to see him turn that little stat around.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:57 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

I was watching the Blades game last night. I thought both Thrower and Dietz had a solid night although in the case of Thrower he made a risky move with the puck in front of his own end, he's done the same thing in the past. Then Dietz took a dumb penalty while on the PK to put his team down 2. (blades took a number of stupid penalites)

Old
02-06-2013, 01:17 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Glad that Collberg is signed for another season. Under Ronnberg, he should be getting ice time and feeling even more comfortable and then be ready to come over... maybe.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:14 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Glad that Collberg is signed for another season. Under Ronnberg, he should be getting ice time and feeling even more comfortable and then be ready to come over... maybe.
It gives Kristo more icetime next season also,there's not much sense having our two best prospects at RW fighting over 1st line duties and 1st PP duties.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
True. I keep mentioning how Dietz is the better pro prospect even if the upside might not be as great. Yet, I am also worried about Thrower and while I don't know off the ice, on the ice, he shows me continuously that the effort level isn't there. He gets beat easily and when a player is alone in front of the net, he goes to him but so weak that he's easily beaten. Add the fact that the numbers also aren't there....he might be in the column of a "total miss" on Timmins part. Yet, at the time, I was extremly happy to have picked him and while I didn't believe it was a steal, I believe it was a great pick. We will see in due time, but a whole lot of maturity coming his way....we hope.
I don't watch a lot of Junior games, but i whenever i see Dietz play, he just seems to have a composure level that looks NHL calibre. It's hard to explain, it's just a professional vibe he gives off.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:23 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It gives Kristo more icetime next season also,there's not much sense having our two best prospects at RW fighting over 1st line duties and 1st PP duties.
Agreed... and both will be playing in competitive leagues that should help their development

Old
02-06-2013, 04:02 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Kristo still doing well. PPG 1.35

Old
02-06-2013, 04:46 PM
SwedisHab
Slim Shady

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...edium=facebook

Jacob de la Rose and André Burakowsky will maybe go both in 2nd round if I'm not totally wrong, their line in team 18 did 8pts against czech republic in a game today in Sweden.
Do we have a pick in 2nd round? i would love to snatch another Swede Collberg style in 2nd round :p

I know it's just one game, but both of them are big talents and I saw de la Rose live not long ago and he impressed me a lot.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:48 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedba View Post

Jacob de la Rose and André Burakowsky will maybe go both in 2nd round if I'm not totally wrong, their line in team 18 did 8pts against czech republic in a game today in Sweden.
Do we have a pick in 2nd round? i would love to snatch another Swede Collberg style in 2nd round :p

I know it's just one game, but both of them are big talents and I saw de la Rose live not long ago and he impressed me a lot.
As of now we have three picks in 2nd round.
Habs Pick
Calgary's pick
Nashville's pick

Old
02-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Fozz

Quote:

Both those guys could go 10th overall or 40th overall. It's that kind of draft.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:02 PM
SwedisHab
Slim Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Both those guys could go 10th overall or 40th overall. It's that kind of draft.
1st or 101st i dont care :p as long as they might end up in Habs

Old
02-06-2013, 05:03 PM
SwedisHab
Slim Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
As of now we have three picks in 2nd round.
Habs Pick
Calgary's pick
Nashville's pick
Didn't know! that's awesome

Old
02-06-2013, 05:25 PM
S Bah

Quote:

Both are very good players IMO and would be great 2nd round picks,Burakowsky's speed and stickhandling making him a top six.De la Rose is a power forward with top six as a ceiling,so a late 2nd or 3rd round pick is probable.Carrier is better than both IMO as is Dauphin and they are Francophones that will give their all for Montreal. It all depends on who is available when Timmins chooses.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Et le But

Quote:

I'm a little skeptical about de la Rose's ceiling, he's not someone I'd necessarily pick in the first round but in the late first or even better, if he falls to the 2nd, he'd be a fantastic pick.

Burakowsky I like a lot, he's become something of a sleeper at this point, but for me he's first round talent.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:00 PM
S Bah

I see NJ got a steal from LA Kings today trading a 2013 5th rounder for Center Andrei Loktionov great faceoff% and skater/stickhandler.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:20 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Whoa Deitz +10 in the last 4 games. Good to see him turn that little stat around.
He started playing with Siemens instead of Craig.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:17 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
He does a lot of standing around when he should be clearing the crease. I agree that his compete level comes and goes...unfortunately he reminds me of a tough Nick Ebert in a lot of ways.
Grant's back! ****in' eh.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:37 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm a little skeptical about de la Rose's ceiling, he's not someone I'd necessarily pick in the first round but in the late first or even better, if he falls to the 2nd, he'd be a fantastic pick.

Burakowsky I like a lot, he's become something of a sleeper at this point, but for me he's first round talent.
De La Rose has shown a lot of great qualities that will make him an NHLer. IMO, he's a snap-shot away from being offensively dangerous. I don't know if that's something that can be developed. Max Pac seemed to really develop his shot before he really stuck in the top 6.

So maybe. I think he could be a good third line player as an expectation.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:12 AM
S Bah

There is one player I would really like to see the Habs sign after his senior year at WMU a teammate of Mike Cichy and that's defenceman Dan DeKeyser.He's every bit as good as Justin Schultz and much much more.Bergevin & Dudley should be clearing Kaberle's contract off the Salary Cap to sign him.A great free agent signing for Bergevin as a rookie GM and another piece of the core group.At 6'3 and 200 lbs.he skates like the wind and would make everyone forget the Ryan McDonagh trade.He's that good.Signing DeKeyser along with Tinordi graduating from Hamilton within two years could give the Habs a great defence.

Last edited by S Bah: 02-07-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old
02-07-2013, 04:49 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
He's every bit as good as Justin Schultz and much much more.
Are you aware that Schultz had amazing stats for a blueliner in the NCAA and AHL?

Habs Prospects website
Old
02-07-2013, 07:16 AM
niftymove

Quote:
He's every bit as good as Justin Schultz and much much more
Are sure about that?

Because, stat wise, Dekeyser took 3 years to accomplish what Schultz did in only one NCAA year???

Dekeyser had 45 points total in his 3 last seasons, while Schultz averaged more than 46 points PER year

Closed Thread