HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals: Version IV - Kings & Rangers are low..trade?

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 11:23 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
we dont need steckel at all
i have no prob with zigamonis 4th line C if they cant find anyone
Colborne would get the call first

Old
02-06-2013, 11:24 AM
G51 K81*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I'm sure Sather will take their opinions into consideration.
Was saying it might be an option in the future, stop being such a stickler.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:29 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
Was saying it might be an option in the future, stop being such a stickler.
Just having fun.

I think Gaborik is a more likely option, I doubt Sather is going to move one of his biggest signings especially after paying $18 million in signing money in the first 2 years of the contract.

Okay, maybe he'd do an Eberle for Richards, but why would Edmonton?

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
Old
02-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
Lupul being out sucks, but I think it will really show what our 'core' is.

I am somewhat hoping we move Grabo ...+ MacArthur, Steckel. Getting into this 1st round multiple times, can really help us in the future.

Kadri and Bozak can take the burden. And Mcclement deserves his own line (not the 4th line)

Old
02-06-2013, 11:32 AM
G51 K81*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Just having fun.

I think Gaborik is a more likely option, I doubt Sather is going to move one of his biggest signings especially after paying $18 million in signing money in the first 2 years of the contract.

Okay, maybe he'd do an Eberle for Richards, but why would Edmonton?
If any team was going to move Richards, it's New York. Gomez, Drury, Redden all signed huge contracts and were sold off or bought out before their contract expired. I wouldn't say it is totally unrealistic, especially if Richards is playing as bad as their fans say he is.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:32 AM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Wait and sign him if they're going to buy him out. Now that retirement contracts are a thing of the past, I think he'd sign here
And he will already have made 24 out of the 60 million.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Bozak for MP?
I like Magnus Paajarvi too and Steckel may be needed as a stop gap Center but they also need a Defenceman and Komisarek is in and out of our line-up as well.

Steckel is an expiring contract this year and Komisarek is next year, they may not be enough to get MP but.....

Old
02-06-2013, 12:47 PM
abdew29

Is Grabovski expendable?

With the emergence of Nazem Kadri and Matt Frattin, in my mind, I feel that Grabo is in the spotlight and under the pressure of losing the 2nd line C position. Grabo's line has not been producing for the past couple of games. Too often, Grabo would just try to stick handle through the middle, or force an errant pass, among many other things. However, he does have 3G and 5P in 10 games this season.

I feel that Nazem Kadri has played tremendously well this season and he is proving that every game by making his teammates look good and displaying a lot of skill, grit and high-level of effort every game. I think he clearly deserves 2nd line C minutes. Granted, grabovski is infamous for slow starts and can potentially pot 50-60P every season, but i think we need more defined roles within our lineup. If we are ready to increase Kadri's minutes, then we have to see a reduction in Grabo's, and vice-versa. That said, Grabo does have value in the market, and his cap-hit is decent relative to other 2nd line centers who produce similar yearly points totals as him.

I can't think of any trade possibilities with grabovski. What do you guys think? What kind of moves do you guys think we should do? In my opinion, we need a 1C, 3C, top 4D and a G to be a playoff team. I love James Reimer and I think he should be starter but we need someone better than Scrivens, and someone who can actually challenge Reimer for the Number 1 position (Luongo?)

To Tor:
Brooks Laich
To Wash:
John Michael Liles
2013 5th round
Joe Colborne

To Tor:
???
To ???:
Grabovski

To Tor:
2013 2nd round pick (or better)
To Pittsburgh:
Clarke MacArthur

2013 Free Agent signing (if available)
Target: Getzlaf /Perry/Ryan Whitney

Lupul-Getzlaf-Kessel
Frattin-Kadri-Perry
Kulemin-Laich-Komarov
McLaren-McClement-Brown

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Whitney-Gardiner
Franson-Komisarek
Holzer
Fraser
Rielly (in the system)

Reimer
????

I know this is a fantasy, but it is still a possibility. Something tells me that Getzlaf and Perry will go together just like Parise and Sutter. Trading Grabovski now has a lot of advantages: Cap space, increased minutes for Kadri, and the possibility of tanking this year (for all you tanknation lovers) and getting a high draft pick.

What are your thoughts?

Old
02-06-2013, 12:50 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
the answer is no....

how do you know we are getting getz or perry... let alone both.

also if we are in a playoff spot or near one we are not gonna get rid of our top players

Old
02-06-2013, 12:50 PM
CerebralDevil

I dont understand why you would trade for Laich when you have McClement, they are kinda the same player? I do believe its time to trade some guys like Mac, Liles and one of the D-men they have.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:54 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Grabovski can be traded as long as a center is brought in to replace Bozak on the top line. With that said, at this point we need to keep him.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:54 PM
blueNwhite89

I wouldn't mind seeing him traded

Old
02-06-2013, 12:55 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Should probably be in the trade/signings thread.

IMO, no, not until Toronto can obtain a similar player. They need his two way play.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:55 PM
SteveV*

Bit of a sideline, but curious if people think Bozak or Grabo is the better center? Forget Kessel considerations, if you had to take one, who would it be?

Old
02-06-2013, 12:57 PM
mapleleaf979

I doubt MacArthur will get u a second round pick. He disappears and had a fluke year 2 years ago. Maybe a third rounder for him at this point. What does he provide every game? Not much. Over 3 million ? Mistake. I agree though trade him.

Who wants to watch Grabo for another 5 years at 5.5 million? I dont
Who wants to watch Liles for another 5 years at 3.8 million? I dont

Phaneuf makes 6.5 million. 2.5 million too much. U add up all that wasted money and all of a sudden the team cant chase top end free agents.

Do I miss Keith Aulie ? Yes I do. Carter Ashton for Aulie was a horrible trade. I bet Aulie asked to be moved after the debacle moving him up and down. At one point finishing the season on the top pairing with Phaneuf and than being sent down again in the following training camp. Im not saying Aulie is a top 3 guy. Maybe in the 4-6 range, but he is huge with a massive reach and can play tough, can fight.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:58 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Grabo. Not close.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:01 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Grabo. Not close.
Agree. Grabo by a mile. I dont like his contract for the amount of games he disappears though. Bozak also disappears or shall I say talent over shadows him constantly rendering him invisible, shut down.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:04 PM
BonMorrison
Roman Josi is bae.

Grabo's been thrust into a role he's never down before as the go-to shutdown center of the team. Yes he hasn't been perfect and yes it has affected his offensive output. That being said, I don't see why with proper development, he can't be our version of Patrice Bergeron-lite. So no - he's not expendable IMO.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
I remember Ovi saying that he would have been loved to have been drafted by the Leafs because of the culture here.

If Washington took a mil or two of his cap, I'd move Kessel + for him. Ovi is still one of the most fun players to watch, and a city like Toronto would reignite his passion in my opinion.
ovi was a sharks fan...

not sue where u got the leafs

Old
02-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Avs not signing RoR is interesting... Avs probably want 2 years around 2.5 per

RoR probably wants 5 years around 5 per

If i were Nonis i would offer 2 options:

COL: Grabo
TOR: RoR + retain 1.5M grabo's salary

COL: Bozak + Blacker
TOR: RoR

Old
02-06-2013, 01:37 PM
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Agree. Grabo by a mile. I dont like his contract for the amount of games he disappears though. Bozak also disappears or shall I say talent over shadows him constantly rendering him invisible, shut down.
I will avoid the usual answer, we are going to trade our best Center(s)? I'd deal them both, one is severely overpaid for how many games he disappears, and the other is ok, but really I don't see him being better than Kadri. When Colborne is ready we can get some new blood in here and try something new with trades or UFA's. Everyone wants to upgrade our #1 and #2 C's, why even keep one then?

I don't need anymore evidence seeing Bozak and Grabo as our top 6C's to know we will probably never make the playoffs having to depend on these 2 guys at Center. Plus I see it as a possible match up problem having 3 smallish guys down the middle, need to add size.

Last edited by The Mentalist: 02-06-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 01:51 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I doubt MacArthur will get u a second round pick. He disappears and had a fluke year 2 years ago. Maybe a third rounder for him at this point. What does he provide every game? Not much. Over 3 million ? Mistake. I agree though trade him.

Who wants to watch Grabo for another 5 years at 5.5 million? I dont
Who wants to watch Liles for another 5 years at 3.8 million? I dont

Phaneuf makes 6.5 million. 2.5 million too much. U add up all that wasted money and all of a sudden the team cant chase top end free agents.

Do I miss Keith Aulie ? Yes I do. Carter Ashton for Aulie was a horrible trade. I bet Aulie asked to be moved after the debacle moving him up and down. At one point finishing the season on the top pairing with Phaneuf and than being sent down again in the following training camp. Im not saying Aulie is a top 3 guy. Maybe in the 4-6 range, but he is huge with a massive reach and can play tough, can fight.
Lol we had way to many D. Just cause ashton didn't get any points in his first 18 or w/e games doesn't mean he won't be an effective player later on for the leafs. It was a lateral trade at worst dealing from a position of strength for a position of wakness. Aka schenn for jvr, don't see u complaining about that trade.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
take him please
I will drive him to the airport.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:07 PM
notdoneyet

we are not progressing by letting kadri and fratten get 10 minutes of playing time a night. They are much more effective than that. When Lupul comes back someone will definitely be going.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:09 PM
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
On the Rangers board, a lot of them are talking about using the amnesty on Brad Richards. Wonder what it would take to get him on the Leafs?
I wish that would happen lol. Really though it's just a few fans being overly impulsive, we seem to have the same problem on our board.

Closed Thread