Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Bank

vCash: 500
Jesper Fasth had a great night in the Anaheim net by the likes of it. Kinda tough luck for Frederik Andersen but in his case more than any other he chose his own path so he'll just have to do his time in the AHL...

Old
02-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Jesper Fasth had a great night in the Anaheim net by the likes of it. Kinda tough luck for Frederik Andersen but in his case more than any other he chose his own path so he'll just have to do his time in the AHL...
I know you mean Viktor Fasth - Jesper Fasth is also doing great in HV71.
But yeah..Frederik Andersen didn't make it easy on himself.

Last edited by Justinov: 02-05-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old
02-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
I know you mean Viktor Fasth - Jesper Fasth is also doing great in HV71.
But yeah..Frederik Andersen didn't make it easy on himself.
Woops

Old
02-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
Well not that I completely disagree but how do you figure? Curious on to what your basing this on?

... And do you consider Lars Eller's situation "fine"?
The fact that Larsen is a brilliant hockey player and has a good head on his shoulders. He'll get through this and come out better than before

I don't see any problem in Ellers situation. For me, this is all part of the natural development of hockey players. Not all players can be like Steven Stamkos and just produce like crazy from the get go.

This was a little over 1 year ago, and everyone was praising Eller.

You can't judge the development of a player on 10 game stretches, you have to look at the bigger picture. In Finland he was one of the best producing players. Now in the NHL, it seems that he has some adjustments he has to make with the new coach and so on. I have faith, and don't start calling for a trade after 11 games - that's completely nonsense!

Old
02-05-2013, 02:24 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
The fact that Larsen is a brilliant hockey player and has a good head on his shoulders. He'll get through this and come out better than before

I don't see any problem in Ellers situation. For me, this is all part of the natural development of hockey players. Not all players can be like Steven Stamkos and just produce like crazy from the get go.

You can't judge the development of a player on 10 game stretches, you have to look at the bigger picture. In Finland he was one of the best producing players. Now in the NHL, it seems that he has some adjustments he has to make with the new coach and so on. I have faith, and don't start calling for a trade after 11 games - that's completely nonsense!
Come on now Tobias, be reasonable

I for one have faith in Larsen, and I see his situation as very different to Ellers.

Eller is a great player, no doubt! But, he has been mistreated in Montreal. Go to the Habs forum allot of them will agree. When the teams own fans say he has been mistreated, that is usually a bad sign.

I will concur if it turns out come season end, that he was actually given the chance. but as of now the couple seasons he has had, he has been a scpegoat quite a few times for no reason. And this year more than ever, and nothing seems to indicate this will stop. Hence some of us calling for a trade before it's too late

Old
02-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Tobias

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Come on now Tobias, be reasonable
To be honest, i think i'm the one being reasonable. 10 games is nothing - performance in such periods can be jumping up an down.

a Regin note. Da Costa on the 4th line and Regin centering the 3rd. Maybe he's not a wreck after all. Plus he has an assist.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:57 PM
dklap3

Now 2 assists for Regin tonight, the second one was pure beauty. Guess he's not quite ready for Novokuznetsk, Khanty-Mansiysk or Khabarovsk yet.

EDIT: And now also a Nielsen assist.

Last edited by dklap3: 02-05-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Tobias

Improving

"Peter Regin vs the Sabres"

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1342909

Old
02-06-2013, 03:54 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
To be honest, i think i'm the one being reasonable. 10 games is nothing - performance in such periods can be jumping up an down.

a Regin note. Da Costa on the 4th line and Regin centering the 3rd. Maybe he's not a wreck after all. Plus he has an assist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklap3 View Post
Now 2 assists for Regin tonight, the second one was pure beauty. Guess he's not quite ready for Novokuznetsk, Khanty-Mansiysk or Khabarovsk yet.

EDIT: And now also a Nielsen assist.
Quote:
Improving

"Peter Regin vs the Sabres"

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1342909
Tobias, I meant reasonable towards us.. Not reasonable about how we view hockey. Ofcourse you will think you are the reasonable one, when you dont agree.

But guys, there is no reason to be smug and sarcastic about it. I think you two guys are taking it a bit too far..

As I said I will happily eat crow if Regin continues what he did yesterday No problem at all.

Second I think you are purposely ignoring what I am saying, the only player were I and others are on the fence in regards to his NHL future is Regin.

Ellers is a concern because of the situation he is in, and not what he is capable of!

you failed to answer to anything but the part about, my asking you to be reasonable..

And I don't consider your subjectivity and attitude to be reasonable.

No harm ment, but I am sensing a negative attitude from you and not just a different opinion.

Also you guys keep saying that 10 games aint enough, yet you seem to use his one succes game yesterday as benchmark for your argument.

Lastly, as I have already stated, we are not out to be reasonable, we are trying to take the temp after each round, and thus much of the time their performance will be judged on what they have done so far, and not what they can still do!

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 02-06-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old
02-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Justinov

Good night for Regin as I had hoped against Buffalo. It could make him survive a little longer on the roster and hopefully bring him some confidence.
About him in NHL or KHL I would always prefer the best league where he is available for the danish NT. KHL is not far from NHL in skill level (basically an elite first line difference).
I think also Regin game might be more suited to a big rink, and less a risk for his shoulder being a bit less physical.
Frans "assists" his team again but still a loss for NYI.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:33 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Good night for Regin as I had hoped against Buffalo. It could make him survive a little longer on the roster and hopefully bring him some confidence.
About him in NHL or KHL I would always prefer the best league where he is available for the danish NT. KHL is not far from NHL in skill level (basically an elite first line difference).
I think also Regin game might be more suited to a big rink, and less a risk for his shoulder being a bit less physical.
Frans "assists" his team again but still a loss for NYI.
Buffalo really look weak this year... WOW.

I agree on the second part, Regin might be a bit like Zucarello. But let's see, I really hope I will be eating crow by the end of the season.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Tobias

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Tobias, I meant reasonable towards us.. Not reasonable about how we view hockey. Ofcourse you will think you are the reasonable one, when you dont agree.

But guys, there is no reason to be smug and sarcastic about it. I think you two guys are taking it a bit too far..

As I said I will happily eat crow if Regin continues what he did yesterday No problem at all.

Second I think you are purposely ignoring what I am saying, the only player were I and others are on the fence in regards to his NHL future is Regin.

Ellers is a concern because of the situation he is in, and not what he is capable of!

you failed to answer to anything but the part about, my asking you to be reasonable..

And I don't consider your subjectivity and attitude to be reasonable.

No harm ment, but I am sensing a negative attitude from you and not just a different opinion.

Also you guys keep saying that 10 games aint enough, yet you seem to use his one succes game yesterday as benchmark for your argument.

Lastly, as I have already stated, we are not out to be reasonable, we are trying to take the temp after each round, and thus much of the time their performance will be judged on what they have done so far, and not what they can still do!
First let me be clear that coming out with a negative attitude certainly wasn't my intention. I was simply just trying to present some game facts.

I don't really see what there is to answer? I'm just saying that I think 10 games is too little time to talk about trades or change of league. That's all.

Using the game yesterday was sarcasm. But it still proves that he still has it, plus I think he's played more than 1 good game this season.

Actually I'm just trying to bring some positivity around the Danish players, by looking at the bigger picture

Old
02-06-2013, 06:33 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
First let me be clear that coming out with a negative attitude certainly wasn't my intention. I was simply just trying to present some game facts.

I don't really see what there is to answer? I'm just saying that I think 10 games is too little time to talk about trades or change of league. That's all.

Using the game yesterday was sarcasm. But it still proves that he still has it, plus I think he's played more than 1 good game this season.

Actually I'm just trying to bring some positivity around the Danish players, by looking at the bigger picture
Ok - well then thats fine It can be hard to read into expressions when not presented with a face

Ofcourse looking at the big picture, 10 games isn't allot, but Regin has been injury prone before this and hasen't really excelled yet.

Hence me thinking he is on short leash..

As for Eller he does have a career future in the NHL, im just not sure it's with Montreal.

Im in no way concerned about Larsen though.

Well positivity is nice, most of the time im just setting mysellf up for dissapointment, its easier to handle then setting myself up for the opposite

And ofcourse Regin has tonnes of potential, as we saw yesterday! His size, physicality and with him being injury prone is what is making me thinking what I am

Old
02-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Justinov

Quote:

Absolutely fair enough you are quite right there. But often they don't have that patience in the clubs and Regin have had a very long leash from Ottawa in spite of his injury.
I think Regin is a very good player. Especially his drive with puck possession over blue line with speed is quite special. It's absolutely not Regin as a player I'm negative about, but his long-term career with his shoulder-problems.
His situation in Ottawa is a bit problematic since they have quite a lot of possible center players that Regin competes with directly.
The team probably have him as a "floater" (no fixed position) since they have a teambuilding plan without him (since with his shoulder problems he is not in the picture). That means that unless he can stay as much of this season out in Ottawa without injury (and produce when he is shuffled around) he will probably not get another contract.
Eller seems to have been caught in the same floating net - with Galchenyuk coming he suddenly lost his "secure" center spot...and he has had a lot of wing problems earlier in NHL. So what then - he is shuffled around like Regin.
Also pointing to the teambuilding plan doesn't really include him.
That's pretty bad since Eller actually has taken his chance in the 1'st line when he got it, and still he is shuffled (even a lot of Montreal fans finds that pretty weird).
Why Larsen is scratched is probably Dallas internal politics......hopefully it will not continue but again that is not based on bad play either (only bad thing for Larsen it that he could be a penalty scapegoat - has been to many so far).

So it's not so much their play or skill but their actual performance on a team/coach that have semi-sidelined them already. That means unless they perform when they get their chances they could be doghoused faster than usual. For Eller it went very fast, took some time for Larsen, and have not happened to Regin yet but it was close (if it hadn't been Daugavins, it would have been him scratched based on playing performance):

Old
02-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Bank

Quote:

Your form of argument is... well different but I'll try to address some of the point you eventually made.

- Finland.Ain't.The.NHL.
- Hockey is more fun when your playing. When you're good enough you should play.
- Whether or not Eller is producing like Stamkos is irrelevant when the discussion is about his ice time. By the way. "The get go?" Eller's has 2,5 years of NHL under his belt - one of which he DID produce(16 goals ain't nothing).

Short version: I don't think you can ignore change by saying it just happened. A step down is step down.

Long version: Whether or not it's permanent you can feel free to debate based on arguments. Or as you by claiming that you are the sole reasonable person in the discussion and that other arguments are just nonsense. Which quite easily wins you the discussion cause what could possible be better than that argument? I know! An argument similar to one you just shot down... but from another country!(See what I did there? ) How is 15 games in Finland prove of Eller being great but 10 games in the NHL is useless to decide whether or not his team sees him as part of their top 9? Never mind. I'm not reasonable so how will your logic ever prevail

Not that it will matter to you but I think you're kinda taking three different situations and mix them all up together in order to make a simplistic point that all will be well.

A) The Regin-situation.

- Short term meh
- Long term question-mark(due to shoulder)

His year is all about staying healthy. Nobody has questioned him being talented enough. The question mark is his shoulder. Here your point about 10 games is really good IMO He's doing what he's has to do so far. Staying healthy. The fact that he's putting up point proves something we've always known: He's got the talent for the NHL. When the 48 games is done we'll know if his shoulder can keep up with the talent. Which makes your sarcastic point irrelevant. But hey... take a cheap shot when you can right?

B) The Philip Larsen situation.

- Short term sucks
- Long term fine

The trade-comment(That I think is the one you're commenting on) was made partly in jest and that's because his situation is different from Eller's. The Dallas organization seem to think Philip's a good player. Players and GM's usually last longer than coaches in Dallas. Long term he'll be fine. Short term he's caught in between the coach and the GM. Unless your idea of development is sitting in the press box? A step forward? Not really. Temporary but a step back.

C) The Lars Eller situation

- Short term semi-fine
- Long term sucks

The problem with Lars Eller isn't his rough start. He's proven this before and again this season. The problem is that he seems to be the looser in a numbers game. With Max Pacioratty back he seems to be back on the fourth line, no? According to the Montreal GDT he is tonight against Boston. Brandon Prust is working well with the Gallies and there's six others proven forwards(Bourque, Gionta, Paciaretty, Plekanec, Cole and Desharnais) that seems to be preferred.

As long as that seems to be the Montreal priorities... He'd be better off in some other teams in the NHL. See no wrong in stating that out loud.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Bank

That said... great night last night. For those keeping scores(You got me hooked Justinov )

Nielsen: 9g, 0+8=8p, +1
Bødker: 10g, 2+5=7p, +4
Hansen: 9g, 1+4=5p, +4
Eller: 6g, 1+2=3p, 0
Regin: 10, 0+2=2p, 0
Larsen: 6g, 1+0=1p, -3

I'm not gonna put to much into Larsens -3. Robidas a +4 and he's been horrible. I can accept it as a marker for indications if whether offensive lines are working 5 on 5.

Hoping to build on the streak of good news lately with two Danes in action tonight - and a little point or two

Old
02-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Justinov

Quote:
That said... great night last night. For those keeping scores(You got me hooked Justinov )

Nielsen: 9g, 0+8=8p, +1
Bødker: 10g, 2+5=7p, +4
Hansen: 9g, 1+4=5p, +4
Eller: 6g, 1+2=3p, 0
Regin: 10, 0+2=2p, 0
Larsen: 6g, 1+0=1p, -3

I'm not gonna put to much into Larsens -3. Robidas a +4 and he's been horrible. I can accept it as a marker for indications if whether offensive lines are working 5 on 5.

Hoping to build on the streak of good news lately with two Danes in action tonight - and a little point or two
Yep, stats are infective
Frans Nielsen was back with good defence....+1 even with a 2-4 loss last night. But it's so weird he simply doesn't score this year. Only 4 goals in Lukko and none so far in NHL; but his assist numbers are truly great. I heard one Islander fan saying he could be the next Adam Oates. That might be an exaggeration (since numbers were way higher in 80-90's), but it say something about how he slowly slowly gathers respect for his subtle intelligent plays.
Dominic had this article on lighthouse hockey about his subtleties, on the PP were otherwise many Islanders finds him uneffective (starts a bit down with caption "Nielsen Saves"):

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2013...-goal-analysis

Old
02-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Bank

Speaking of good plays.... Philip Larsen is in tonight! On paper he's on the third pairing with Jamie Oleksiak. Give it a couple of years and that might be the top pairing for Dallas

Old
02-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Speaking of good plays.... Philip Larsen is in tonight! On paper he's on the third pairing with Jamie Oleksiak. Give it a couple of years and that might be the top pairing for Dallas
That is good news!
So Larsen/Dallas in action against Edmonton and Eller/Montreal against Boston.
Doesn't really see many points coming our way tonight. Hopefully Larsen avoids any stupid penalties. If his is lucky he can get some PP time again and maybe get a point!
Not likely Eller will pick anything up from the 4'th line.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Bank

Edmonton is without the Nuge and Dallas gives up tones of shots. If it gets rich on goals Philip could be in for an assist. His PP-credit should be high with his goal last time he played so...

Lines could get shuffled against Boston and their fourth line ain't nothing to scream at. I'm not giving up on this night yet

Old
02-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Justinov

While speaking of Larsen - a HF article arrives about Dallas 2008 draft (includes Norwegian Scott Winkler as well).

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...en-little-else

Old
02-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Bank

Mystifying the Dallas D-line thing... Alex Goligoski's the healthy scratch and not Aaron Rome as it seemed at first. That's not a guy Philip Larsen should keep off the roster. Simple contract math. Weird move which means everything's up in the air about pairings.

But hey. Philip's in

Old
02-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Bank

Quote:
While speaking of Larsen - a HF article arrives about Dallas 2008 draft (includes Norwegian Scott Winkler as well).

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...en-little-else
Dallas got a thing for fifth rounders... Larsen, Benn, Vincour

Old
02-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Mystifying the Dallas D-line thing... Alex Goligoski's the healthy scratch and not Aaron Rome as it seemed at first. That's not a guy Philip Larsen should keep off the roster. Simple contract math. Weird move which means everything's up in the air about pairings.

But hey. Philip's in
With Goligoski scratched his chance for PP time really goes up alot!!
But what is the coach doing in Dalles....full time panic d-man shuffling hoping he will eventually find the right combination? We must contribute alot to overall player confusion and uncertainty. They might even forget their d-pairing during the game when it change so much constantly

Old
02-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Bank

Quote:
With Goligoski scratched his chance for PP time really goes up alot!!
But what is the coach doing in Dalles....full time panic d-man shuffling hoping he will eventually find the right combination? We must contribute alot to overall player confusion and uncertainty. They might even forget their d-pairing during the game when it change so much constantly
Gulutzan is either VERY simple(Size-question) or extremely complicated when makings his lines...

If he on the PP are you still gonna go with zero Danish points tonight Justinov? You know what happens when Philip Larsen gets PP-time

Closed Thread