HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Trade Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 06:56 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
yip has no trade value...mps still has allot of value
Yip has plenty of value; he's our leading goal scorer.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Whitney is beyond awful. He'd be an upgrade on Gill, but that's it. I'd rather have an overpaid Gaustad.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
Ryan Whitney and Magnus Paajrvi for Blum + Gaustad +3rd
The Oilers might consider this considering the injuries to Horcoff and Belanger and their struggle on the dot. Gaustad should help in those areas and add some size.

Paajarvi has been flying around and even hitting so as an Oiler fan I hope he remains on my club..
something around Whitney+ Omark for Gaustad + late pick\prospect might work out for both clubs ..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:35 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Just some thoughts for trade ideas after studying the depth chart and swacking myself on Tito's vodka.

I look at the goal depth chart and see it's overflowing. Pickard is really starting to impress me with his play in Sweden. 3rd in the league behind a CBJ prospect who came out of nowhere and a Sweden lifer. I'd be looking to see if there is trade value in Smith. Defenseman wise there is a lot of talented dmen who are hitting the Preds ceiling. Mike Moore is the vet I could see moved for a pick. Not a huge pick but midlevel, or the David Poile range. Bartley and Ekholm could be in the NHL soon but where? Could either of them dislodge Gill or Ellis? Nope. Next comes forward. I would love to see Winchester, Latta, Beck, Watson get a chance but there is no roster room. Hilarity would be moving Yip for a low pick after getting him for nothing.

If this were a video game I'd be consolidating assets, but my only wish for Poile would be get the 2nd back

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Whitney is not "beyond terrible." Unlike Goose, if he is "beyond terrible" guess what? We don't have to resign him next year, compared to gaustad who will remain a serious weight around our neck. Paajarvi still has some potential. These types of players take a long time to develop. Maybe a change of surroundings will help Paajarvi

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:03 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
yip has no trade value...mps still has allot of value
Yeah, but with Blum included...

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
Whitney is not "beyond terrible." Unlike Goose, if he is "beyond terrible" guess what? We don't have to resign him next year, compared to gaustad who will remain a serious weight around our neck. Paajarvi still has some potential. These types of players take a long time to develop. Maybe a change of surroundings will help Paajarvi
Gaustad cannot "remain a serious weight around our neck" when he never was one in the first place. When we're up against the cap (like ownership said we'd be) and we need to add more, THEN Gaustad is a problem.

And yes, Whitney is terrible. Only an upgrade over Gill. We're better off with our current lineup.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:53 AM
ilikeblocks

Whitney is not at all terrible. He's a good player that could benefit from a change in scenery.

ilikeblocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Firestorm

If we can't get a 1A center, we could try for something like Krejci.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
If we can't get a 1A center, we could try for something like Krejci.
Fairly substantiated rumor floating around the pundit circles was that PHX was talking with BOS regarding Yandle for Krejci and it sounded like it wasn't too far off, but wasn't going to work. Landing Krejci would be costly (e.g. Blum + 2nd probably not going to do it). He also has a modified NTC clause. But yeah, I would love to have him; similar / slightly better point totals than Erat and a reasonably fair contract.

Call me crazy, but I would love to try to poach Kesler. He had a slightly down 2011-12 campaign, and there's been some discontent from VAN fans about him, but @$5M a year and peak production of ~70 pts a season with excellent playoff track record, I'd like him in yellow. He's a bit of an ass, but the work ethic is there. Would be expensive given Gillis is on the other side of the table and is likely a pipedream.

Cashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Fairly substantiated rumor floating around the pundit circles was that PHX was talking with BOS regarding Yandle for Krejci and it sounded like it wasn't too far off, but wasn't going to work. Landing Krejci would be costly (e.g. Blum + 2nd probably not going to do it). He also has a modified NTC clause. But yeah, I would love to have him; similar / slightly better point totals than Erat and a reasonably fair contract.

Call me crazy, but I would love to try to poach Kesler. He had a slightly down 2011-12 campaign, and there's been some discontent from VAN fans about him, but @$5M a year and peak production of ~70 pts a season with excellent playoff track record, I'd like him in yellow. He's a bit of an ass, but the work ethic is there. Would be expensive given Gillis is on the other side of the table and is likely a pipedream.
Trading for Kesler would start with Wilson and a 1st at least, it's like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:54 AM
glenngineer

I think if we make a move for a number one center it should be for Backstrom. Plays a solid two way game. Would fit in with this team perfectly. He would also get out from the shadow of Ovie which could be a huge blessing for him.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
What worries me is Kesler's annual back surgery. It seems like he's constantly out.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
What worries me is Kesler's annual back surgery. It seems like he's constantly out.
Glad he's not a Predator ... because that would then really suck

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Quote:
He's never had a back surgery.
He's injured his hip, finger, wrist, and shoulder since 2007 while only missing a handful of games.

And the Canucks aren't rebuilding so they wouldn't be interested in prospects/picks, they'd want Weber. (which I doubt you'd want to move)

Richer's Ghost made my avatar

Last edited by Nuckles: 02-06-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Soundgarden

Anyway you look at it Kesler is becoming injury prone and while the potential reward is high, the risk is getting higher and higher. And honestly I just don't like him I think he's been overrated since that amazingly great playoff run a few years back. Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention but I just don't think he's hit that level.

Not to mention the supposed cost. Weber isn't going to happen and Wilson Josi and a 1st is laughable.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Anyway you look at it Kesler is becoming injury prone and while the potential reward is high, the risk is getting higher and higher. And honestly I just don't like him I think he's been overrated since that amazingly great playoff run a few years back. Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention but I just don't think he's hit that level.

Not to mention the supposed cost. Weber isn't going to happen and Wilson Josi and a 1st is laughable.
That depth is important to us anyway.

So what exactly are we willing to part with to get that 1 number centre?

Old
02-06-2013, 01:50 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Blum Hornqvist and 1st is my package for a scoring fwd

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:

Well obviously we aren't going to get a no.1 for spare parts but right now it feels like we need all of our potential trading chips to win.

Smith, Ellis, 1st + Roster player? Is something I'd consider. Smith isn't playing well but we all know what he's capable of, Ellis is Ellis elite prospect finding a home in the bigs. Roster player or two to fill the void left by whomever we acquire and a mid 1st.

Honestly I don't really feel like we need to trade right now. Our young guys are finding their way, and it'll disrupt our team too much right now IMO. Let's re-evaluate after the season.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Quote:

This is my issue with the discontent in our fanbase around the lack of top forwards, namely centers. Probably 1/3 of the teams in the league are without a "legitimate" #1 center and the teams that do have one are either trying to throw the barn at them to resign (e.g. ANA) or would never trade them outside of a massive overpayment. You want a Kesler / Backstrom / Getzlaf type player? Then you're going to have to part with a lot of players you like. Trading for Vanek would cost us more than Wilson + Josi + 1st; no one here is on board with that really.

The Preds are a team that really needs a normal training camp and preseason; we had a rocky start without one, but I'd like to see how things pan out as time goes on without any moves. We'll see if these past three W's indicate that things are beginning to click or if it was just an anomaly. STL game was great, but the LA and SJ games were about as narrow a victory as you can get.

Cashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:04 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Blum Hornqvist and 1st is my package for a scoring fwd
Hornqvist is pretty much a lock to score 20 in a full season, and has hit 30.

a 'scoring forward" typically is a 25-30 goal scorer, right?

so we trade blum and a 1st to maybe add 5 to 10 goals?

Im sorry but trading hornqvist for a 'scorer' would be like trading Klein for a 2nd pair dman...

we would only be trading partners with a team with an excess of scoring wingers and a need on defense and/or needing a 2 way/PK type center like Spaling.

Blum+Spaling +1st would be the kind of package we could offer for a top 6 winger and actually gain something in the process

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:20 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Hornqvist is pretty much a lock to score 20 in a full season, and has hit 30.

a 'scoring forward" typically is a 25-30 goal scorer, right?

so we trade blum and a 1st to maybe add 5 to 10 goals?

Im sorry but trading hornqvist for a 'scorer' would be like trading Klein for a 2nd pair dman...

we would only be trading partners with a team with an excess of scoring wingers and a need on defense and/or needing a 2 way/PK type center like Spaling.

Blum+Spaling +1st would be the kind of package we could offer for a top 6 winger and actually gain something in the process
My thoughts as well. I know you have to give to get, but trading Honk for a scorer makes zero sense.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:29 PM
alexmanu

Poile should talk around see if there's a good deal going. If not, then there is no need to overspend like last season. We can spend in free agency where there looks like there will be a nice crop of offensive talent and use our 1st round pick on a forward. This class is stacked by the way, if we could snag someone like Alexander Wennberg then I would be ecstatic.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
Poile should talk around see if there's a good deal going. If not, then there is no need to overspend like last season. We can spend in free agency where there looks like there will be a nice crop of offensive talent and use our 1st round pick on a forward. This class is stacked by the way, if we could snap someone like Alexander Wennberg then I would be ecstatic.
Agreed, this year is not the year for us. Please do not trade the 1st again, especially not for yet another 4 liner.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:36 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Im not too worried about Poile trading our 1st this year... he tends to hoard picks when its projected to be a deep draft like this years apparently is.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote