HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Game 10: Columbus Blue Jackets v.LA Kings

Old
02-06-2013, 01:31 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
I feel bad for Prospal. he is certainly in the twilight of his career, but he is also a victim of his circumstances. In the games that I have been to, he is still making some great set-ups to his teammates. The problem is that most of those set-ups are to players that have little ability to finish. Unfortunately those good plays by Prospal go unnoticed. Is this his final year as a player? I would say yes. But on a better team, his efforts would be rewarded far more than they are with this bunch.
You're not the only one. I've seen 2-3 plays over the last 4 games where he sends it to someone right out front and they either aren't ready for the puck or they flub it. His projected goal production is close to projected, but he's not getting very many assists...

I can't help but think he might be dealt to the Rangers or the Lightning later this year, though he has to approve the move. Judging by what I infer from his interviews I don't think he wants to go anywhere.

I'd say he has one year left after this.

02-06-2013, 01:34 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post
You're not the only one. I've seen 2-3 plays over the last 4 games where he sends it to someone right out front and they either aren't ready for the puck or they flub it. His projected goal production is close to projected, but he's not getting very many assists...

I can't help but think he might be dealt to the Rangers or the Lightning later this year, though he has to approve the move. Judging by what I infer from his interviews I don't think he wants to go anywhere.

I'd say he has one year left after this.
He's not going anywhere. We've already been over the whole "Wants to be part of the org after he plays" as well as the "I'll keep signing one year deals until I retire" thing. We didn't move him last deadline, I don't see it happening now unless JD is changing the terms of the existing deal.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer

Brandon Dubinsky receives a fine, but no suspension from the NHL's Department of Player Safety. #CBJ

02-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL
News --> RT @RobMixer: Brandon Dubinsky receives a fine, but no suspension from the NHL's Department of Player Safety. #CBJ

Lori Schmidt ‏@LoriSchmidt
The NHL fined Brandon Dubinsky $10,000 for his hit on LA's Rob Scuderi.

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Lixxiq
@Lixxiq

Quote:
@SNHockeyCentral: No suspension for Brandon Dubinsky. He does receive a $10,000 fine for boarding.
Hmmmm

Lixxiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:06 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

Sounds fair to me.

jdhebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:11 PM
jackets4life
Battle On 2014!

Saw this on facebook:

Dubinsky makes $4.2 million this year so this is equivalent to fining a person that makes $50,000 a year $119

I don't see how this is proper punishment for that kind of hit to be completely honest. We're lucky to get off without Dubi sitting a couple games, on to the next one.

jackets4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:17 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets4life View Post
Saw this on facebook:

Dubinsky makes $4.2 million this year so this is equivalent to fining a person that makes $50,000 a year $119

I don't see how this is proper punishment for that kind of hit to be completely honest. We're lucky to get off without Dubi sitting a couple games, on to the next one.
10K is the maximum they could fine him.

IMO that hit did not deserve a suspension.

02-06-2013, 02:21 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Saw this on facebook:

Fines are limited by the CBA as negotiated with the NHLPA. I don't think we are going to have progressive fining anytime in the near future. Unions tend to treat everyone in the union like that are part of the Borg collective. I don't know if 10k is the max, but it isn't very high. 10k to a league minimum player is a far bigger deal.

Having said that if I was making 50k and someone fined me $119 I wouldn't be very happy about it. I remember making 50k back in the day.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:30 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Fines are limited by the CBA as negotiated with the NHLPA. I don't think we are going to have progressive fining anytime in the near future. Unions tend to treat everyone in the union like that are part of the Borg collective. I don't know if 10k is the max, but it isn't very high. 10k to a league minimum player is a far bigger deal.

Having said that if I was making 50k and someone fined me $119 I wouldn't be very happy about it. I remember making 50k back in the day.

@jrimercbj "#CBJ center Dubinsky fined maximum 10 thousand dollars for last night's hit on #LAKings Scuderi. Will play vs #Flames tomorrow night"

@RobMixer
The $10,000 fine to Dubinsky is the maximum allowed under the new CBA. Previously, the maximum fine was $2,500. #NHL #CBJ

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:33 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Per Rimer:

@jrimercbj "#CBJ center Dubinsky fined maximum 10 thousand dollars for last night's hit on #LAKings Scuderi. Will play vs #Flames tomorrow night"
Yeah, if they could they probably would have fined him more. I am not for progressive fining. If it is a 10k fine for a league minimum player than the same fine should be worth 10k to another player. At least on player to player infractions.

The fine is kind of like a warning in your HR file. If you do that again you get in bigger trouble. The fine isn't there as a deterrent. The truly progressive fine is when you get suspended.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:36 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Yeah, if they could they probably would have fined him more. I am not for progressive fining. If it is a 10k fine for a league minimum player than the same fine should be worth 10k to another player. At least on player to player infractions.

The fine is kind of like a warning in your HR file. If you do that again you get in bigger trouble. The fine isn't there as a deterrent.
Losing pay via suspension is the real deterrent.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:40 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Losing pay via suspension is the real deterrent.
Yeah, you posted before seeing I added the last line realizing it wasn't in there.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:42 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Yeah, you posted before seeing I added the last line realizing it wasn't in there.
Don't you hate when that happens? I do it all the time.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
Kunitz sucks balls

Quote:
Saw this on facebook:

With the pro-rated salary for 48 games, I believe he makes about half of that this year. So its more like a $250 fine, plus missing match fees.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Also, the players don't home take their full contract pay, since a large chunk is taken out for taxes. Yes, it's still a relatively small fine, but not as small as most think.

Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:27 AM
m8n8

vs LA

Lolligaggers on ice. RJ being top lolligagger. RJ really starting to come into his own "top paid player on CBJ role" by taking another night off.

m8n8 is offline   Reply With Quote