HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Two Top 6 Wingers to Pittsburgh

Old
02-06-2013, 02:35 PM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
I agree. And the Leafs aren't looking to move Kulemin for a B prospect and a pick. If they were he'd be gone by now.

Kulemin is part of the Leafs core moving forward so they have no reason to unload him.

Thus, I can't see a deal being made.
and he is the lone Ranger Pittsburgh would and should have any interest in getting. Maatta isn't a "B" prospect though. Are 2012 first rounders considered a "B" prospect unless their name is Yakupov, Murray, Reinhart, Galchenyuk, or Reilly?

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Mouse21*

any interest in David Jones?

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:42 PM
mpp9

Quote:
I agree. And the Leafs aren't looking to move Kulemin for a B prospect and a pick. If they were he'd be gone by now.

Kulemin is part of the Leafs core moving forward so they have no reason to unload him.

Thus, I can't see a deal being made.
If I'm the Leafs, I stockpile 1st round picks and let the kids play this season.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:50 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
any interest in David Jones?
Have to admit, I don't know much about him except he played at Dartmouth and has one or two 20-goal seasons in his career. If he is fast enough to hang with SID and can bring any other assets to the table, he would be an option. We don't need a one-dimensional player.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
If I'm the Leafs, I stockpile 1st round picks and let the kids play this season.
Some days I think the same thing - Other days I want them to try to keep things intact.

The best way to go would be to stockpile.

If we can get away with 3 first rounders. 1 - (top 5) and 2 (25-30) ...it's quite the success for a shortened season.

Tangradi + 1st
for
Kulemin

We like our Americans.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:08 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Some days I think the same thing - Other days I want them to try to keep things intact.

If we can get away with 3 first rounders. 1 - (top 5) and 2 (25-30) ...it's quite the success for a shortened season.

Tangradi + 1st
for
Kulemin

We like our Americans.
i would consider that, but probably say no because of the first round pick. not that Kulemin isn't worth that, just that i don't want to give up a 1st in a deep draft.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:27 PM
The Hendog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Stempniak for a 2nd

St Louis isn't going to trade Stewart unless its for a clear upgrade. I can't see them being very interested in Niskanen. While Despres may be more valuable in the future, I don't think they're a better team this year and they're looking to contend now.

Toronto is highly unlikely to trade arguably their most valuable forward for another d prospect. The Leafs lack high end prospects, specifically at the centre ice position.. I can't see them trading Kulemin for a B level defense prospect and a 2nd. If they trade Kulemin it would likely be in a package for an established top 6 centreman, or a potential number one centre. Kulemin would be traded for a need, not to get equal value.
Stempniak for a 2013 2nd makes a lot of sense

He may not be the star winger the Pens are looking for but is fairly fast and semi sneaky with a decent shot, will benefit greatly playing with Sid or Malkin, has had a pretty good start to the season (7 games, 2 goals, 3 assists & +3), only has 1 year left on his contract after this season with a pretty small cap hit of $2.5M and the Pens won't have to give up any of their prospects or current roster players to get him and losing a 2nd round pick won't be the end of the world for the Pens as their prospect pool is pretty decent.

Flames get a 2nd round pick in this draft which is good since it is apparently a better draft and they don't have a 2nd round pick as of now as per usual and the Flames have so many wingers and winger prospects losing Stempniak won't be the end of the world. Continue to build that prospect pool Calgary - the drafting has been better recently.

The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:43 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
and he is the lone Ranger Pittsburgh would and should have any interest in getting. Maatta isn't a "B" prospect though. Are 2012 first rounders considered a "B" prospect unless their name is Yakupov, Murray, Reinhart, Galchenyuk, or Reilly?
Well what ever you call a late first isn't the right value is what I mean. Leafs have a bunch of late first - early second picks stocked up on their blue line. They don't have many 230lbs wingers who play a strong two way game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post

Tangradi + 1st
for
Kulemin

We like our Americans.
I'd pass on that too. Penguins are just are a poor match for the Leafs.

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:50 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Well what ever you call a late first isn't the right value is what I mean. Leafs have a bunch of late first - early second picks stocked up on their blue line. They don't have many 230lbs wingers who play a strong two way game.
We don't have many 230lbs wingers either.

2013 NHL Draft is very strong ... good late value. So, Laughton (20th) and Matteau (29) are B prospects, even though they made their teams out of camp? I guess Joe Morrow is a B prospect and everyone wants him. Simone Despres, a kid people still refer to as a prospect was drafted with the last pick of the first round in 2009, so ... you get my point? It's how they develop ... not exactly where they are drafted. Patrick Stefan was a grade A bonafide prospect that we never heard from.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 02-06-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 03:52 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

No one believes me when I say top 6 wingers are hard to find. There just isn't a lot of them out there so teams hold onto them.

eXile59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:16 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
We don't have many 230lbs wingers either.

2013 NHL Draft is very strong ... good late value. So, Laughton (20th) and Matteau (29) are B prospects, even though they made their teams out of camp? I guess Joe Morrow is a B prospect and everyone wants him. Simone Despres, a kid people still refer to as a prospect was drafted with the last pick of the first round in 2009, so ... you get my point? It's how they develop ... not exactly where they are drafted. Patrick Stefan was a grade A bonafide prospect that we never heard from.
Well that's my point.

I totally agree that it's their development that means more then their draft position in a vacuum - Kulemin is a 2/44 pick himself, but I don't really believe that a late 25-30 first round pick - even in a strong draft - is a lock for a player as good as Kulemin... not to mention many that play his game at his size which is exactly why he's valued so high. What are the odds? 60%? Not even? Why would the Leafs take that chance? They already have Kulemin so they can just keep him.

If we are talking already drafted prospects and the Leafs are looking to move Kulemin then the Leafs are looking for size, grit, and talent in the center position. Something that Pittsburgh doesn't really have.

Hence, bad trading partners.

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:18 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Well a 2nd was offered, sooo.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:29 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Well a 2nd was offered, sooo.
The package offered is worth more than a 1st. I'd give up a 1st+ for him. But I'd imagine getting someone closer to making an impact for your team might be more appealing.

Moving Phaneuf and Kessel for 1sts+ is what I was talking about.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Hugo Sham

i would think if calgary is out of it, you could get a cammy or iginla for a first and one of your can't miss D prospects

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:22 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i would think if calgary is out of it, you could get a cammy or iginla for a first and one of your can't miss D prospects

Stop ... why in the hell would Pittsburgh want Cammy? He is making 6 million and isn't productive anymore. This makes no sense. Pittsburgh should entertain this idea at all with the addition of Cammy. Remember, there is a cap and its coming down.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 02-06-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 08:01 PM
mgd525

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Iginla I would deff do smething like 1st, Maata for Iginla

mgd525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:39 PM
brett1058

NO DEAL ! Despres is going to be a #1 d-man some where and I would rather it be in a Penguin uniform HE HAS ALL THE SIZE AND TOOLS

brett1058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett1058 View Post
NO DEAL ! Despres is going to be a #1 d-man some where and I would rather it be in a Penguin uniform HE HAS ALL THE SIZE AND TOOLS
He might be a top pairing guy... but I don't think he has the tools to be a PPQB (which is part of what most consider a #1 guy to need - and yes this means there isn't that many #1 guys in the NHL).

02-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Fat Elvis

Penner for Tangradi + 4th

Fat Elvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:51 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Penner for Tangradi + 4th
Pens have absolutely no use for Penner. That would be a wasted space on the roster.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:52 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
He might be a top pairing guy... but I don't think he has the tools to be a PPQB (which is part of what most consider a #1 guy to need - and yes this means there isn't that many #1 guys in the NHL).
Of course you don't think he has the tools ... you want to trade him to Minnesota to a fourth line player.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:58 PM
birddog*

Quote:
They are the second youngest in the league. Kulemin is 26. Since not all, in fact about 50% of first round picks turn out -- why would you trade your young NHL'er only one season removed from 30 goals for a 50/50 chance of getting a similar player.

HF overvalues first round picks so much. Sure the top 8-10 picks have serious value but we are talking 25-30 with Pittsburg and a likely average NHL player. Not wise.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:25 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

If I'm the Leafs, I'm rebuilding. Kulemin is a good player and I like him, so if he's a part of our core going forward, I'm fine with it, but if we can trade him for Pouliot, Tangradi and a 3rd round pick in 2013 (A deal that some Penguins fans like) I'd do the deal for sure.

Adding Pouliot to our already young core of D prospects would be very good, hoping that Tangradi can rebound, and a decent pick is a very deep draft. A deal that I,d like.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Despres is going absolutely nowhere, haha. He's a beast.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:56 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Despres is going absolutely nowhere, haha. He's a beast.
I'm not sure why people can't get that through their small heads. Agree, he is staying put.