HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD 2013 - Draft Thread III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2013, 01:36 PM
  #76
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos
 
Sturminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: West Egg, New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 7,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
the gaseous love for T cells
you are very jogger
I missed this the first time, but this is perhaps the best thing ever. It took me a minute to figure out that this was Fetisov and Jagr. I'm impressed that you bothered to fully enunciate "Vyatcheslav", seventies.

Sturminator is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:48 PM
  #77
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
I missed this the first time, but this is perhaps the best thing ever. It took me a minute to figure out that this was Fetisov and Jagr. I'm impressed that you bothered to fully enunciate "Vyatcheslav", seventies.
But 'Vyatches' and 'The gaseous' sound nothing alike

MadArcand is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 02:18 PM
  #78
DoMakc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
But 'Vyatches' and 'The gaseous' sound nothing alike
Well it depends on how seventies pronounces it.

DoMakc is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 02:27 PM
  #79
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMakc View Post
Well it depends on how seventies pronounces it.
'Vy' can be 'The', and 'aches' can possibly be twisted into 'aseous' but try as I might I can't put a bloody 'g' into it.

MadArcand is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 02:27 PM
  #80
Velociraptor
Registered User
 
Velociraptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maritimes
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,674
vCash: 500
I have LL's list, so once MadArcand picks notify me.

Velociraptor is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 02:28 PM
  #81
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 8,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
'Vy' can be 'The', and 'aches' can possibly be twisted into 'aseous' but try as I might I can't put a bloody 'g' into it.
swallow as you say the g. Don't say it hard. It's not perfect, but I can hear it.

bluesfan94 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 02:42 PM
  #82
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,620
vCash: 500
@Velociraptor: I'm not up... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
swallow as you say the g. Don't say it hard. It's not perfect, but I can hear it.
Guess so, but that requires quite some mispronunciation.

But then, I'd expect it to hear 'biatches love'

MadArcand is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:00 PM
  #83
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 8,831
vCash: 500
No you're not up yet

bluesfan94 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:18 PM
  #84
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,606
vCash: 500
This is by far the slowest draft of any ATD/MLD i've ever been a part of.

markrander87 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:18 PM
  #85
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,606
vCash: 500
If anybody with an upcoming pick is looking to gain value in other rounds I am looking to trade up.

markrander87 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:24 PM
  #86
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
I actually thought this one was cruising by pretty fast untill the last couple of days.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:32 PM
  #87
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 40,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
I actually thought this one was cruising by pretty fast untill the last couple of days.
Not a single GM has missed his clock yet.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:33 PM
  #88
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
This is by far the slowest draft of any ATD/MLD i've ever been a part of.
what the hell are you talking about , 2011 was by far the slowest and most painful draft.This draft has been decent.

BenchBrawl is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:38 PM
  #89
seventieslord
Moderator
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
I missed this the first time, but this is perhaps the best thing ever. It took me a minute to figure out that this was Fetisov and Jagr. I'm impressed that you bothered to fully enunciate "Vyatcheslav", seventies.
And Salming, Firsov, and Henri Richard all had humorous results as well, that betrayed my excellent pronunciation!

The Chara one was particularly awesome, as it actually used a different players name and made him east Indian!

seventieslord is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:43 PM
  #90
seventieslord
Moderator
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,955
vCash: 500
Bah, the draft I won is always going to be the tainted one, eh? Like winning the cup in a lockout year.

Too much bickering beforehand leading to a reluctant shift of power... Absentee rookie GMs, missed clocks, teams taken over, ill advised add/drops, a handful of ridiculous assistant coaches, the Montreal forum ghosts drafted, bloated to 40 teams for apparently the one time in history... plus we got sabred by a zamboni islander.

seventieslord is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:44 PM
  #91
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Bah, the draft I won is always going to be the tainted one, eh? Like winning the cup in a lockout year.

Too much bickering beforehand leading to a reluctant shift of power... Absentee rookie GMs, missed clocks, teams taken over, ill advised add/drops, a handful of ridiculous assistant coaches, the Montreal forum ghosts drafted, bloated to 40 teams for apparently the one time in history... plus we got sabred by a zamboni islander.
Ya that one didn't count.

markrander87 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:45 PM
  #92
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Bah, the draft I won is always going to be the tainted one, eh? Like winning the cup in a lockout year.

Too much bickering beforehand leading to a reluctant shift of power... Absentee rookie GMs, missed clocks, teams taken over, ill advised add/drops, a handful of ridiculous assistant coaches, the Montreal forum ghosts drafted, bloated to 40 teams for apparently the one time in history... plus we got sabred by a zamboni islander.
That was awesome in retrospective.

What is the shift of power you're talking about though? (I wasn't there before 2011 so I don't know what you're talking about).


Last edited by BenchBrawl: 02-06-2013 at 03:54 PM.
BenchBrawl is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:53 PM
  #93
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,606
vCash: 500
I'm not trying to badmouth Nalyd by any means, but it is interesting to look back at that trade we made where people thought that I got the worse end of it:

To Nalyd:

36 - Nighbor
96- H. Smith
157-Flaman
Pick 356


To Fireworks:

60- C. Conacher
69- T. Kennedy
133- Hod Stuart (picked by Dreamkur)
Pick 380

markrander87 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:56 PM
  #94
Rob Scuderi
Registered User
 
Rob Scuderi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,788
vCash: 500
Sorry for the delay fellas just got out of work. Since Jafar took my guy I'll go a different direction.

Pittsburgh selects LW, Sweeney Schriner


He led the league in scoring twice as a member of the lowly New York Americans and was an excellent puckhandler. I don't know much more other than the joke he made about not backchecking and am interested to learn more.

Rob Scuderi is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:58 PM
  #95
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 40,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
Sorry for the delay fellas just got out of work. Since Jafar took my guy I'll go a different direction.

Pittsburgh selects LW, Sweeney Schriner


He led the league in scoring twice as a member of the lowly New York Americans and was an excellent puckhandler. I don't know much more other than the joke he made about not backchecking and am interested to learn more.
His wikipedia article is very comprehensive and has links to good articles in google archives. I thought he was the BPA at 165, but decided to go in a different direction...

TheDevilMadeMe is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:59 PM
  #96
Rob Scuderi
Registered User
 
Rob Scuderi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
His wikipedia article is very comprehensive and has links to good articles in google archives. I thought he was the BPA at 165, but decided to go in a different direction...
Nice, thanks for the head's up

Rob Scuderi is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 04:01 PM
  #97
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 40,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
What is the shift of power you're talking about though? (I wasn't there before 2011 so I don't know what you're talking about).
VanIslander was the dictator of the ATD board going into 2011, and like any good dictator, he ran things incredibly efficiently, but wanted them done his way. There was something of an uprising when he tried to change the trading rules without allowing what was considered enough input, and VI quit the draft. And then his two then-undetected puppet accounts quit, leading us to think there was a major problem. Eventually all his accounts came back in as participants, but there was a leadership vacuum. Seventieslord basically took up the "commish" role for the 2011 draft on the fly.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 04:04 PM
  #98
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,234
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Bring Back Scuderi;59172493]
Pittsburgh selects LW, Sweeney Schriner
/QUOTE]

Can't wait to see a decent biography of Schriner. I'll be honest, one of the All-Time great I know the least about.

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 04:05 PM
  #99
seventieslord
Moderator
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
That was awesome in retrospective.

What is the shift of power you're talking about though? (I wasn't there before 2011 so I don't know what you're talking about).
Long story short, the pre draft talks for 2011 were the beginning of the very open and democratic system we now have. The old regime wanted to dictate rules, and a few of us said "let's vote on it", old regime jumped ship and left a power vacuum, then it was recommended that I become a mod, which I did because someone here has to be able to edit the OP... at the very least.

seventieslord is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 04:06 PM
  #100
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
VanIslander was the dictator of the ATD board going into 2011, and like any good dictator, he ran things incredibly efficiently, but wanted them done his way. There was something of an uprising when he tried to change the trading rules without allowing what was considered enough input, and VI quit the draft. And then his two then-undetected puppet accounts quit, leading us to think there was a major problem. Eventually all his accounts came back in as participants, but there was a leadership vacuum. Seventieslord basically took up the "commish" role for the 2011 draft on the fly.
He actually used his fake accounts to create the illusion that the fact he was leaving the draft had some heavy consequences (like GMs quitting (even though they returned after))?

Oh good lord


BenchBrawl is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.