HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tradable Flyers at the deadline

Old
02-03-2013, 12:42 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICAPNASTYI View Post
I don't know why everyone is so quick to offer Briere for trade, it's ridiculous.
Because he has a 6.5 cap hit, is getting old, and realistically we are not winning the cup this year. he should have some value, and we don't have much else to trade...in a deep draft.

Nobody says (or should say) that he cant still score or provide offense.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Clown Baby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICAPNASTYI View Post
I don't know why everyone is so quick to offer Briere for trade, it's ridiculous. The guy was injured and missed the short training camp. I'd trade Wayne Simmonds, he doesn't belong on the first line and I believe he was the reason the PP was in a slump. I don't think it's a coincidence the PP went 3/3 last night with him missing. I thought Tye McGinn did a fantastic job in his spot and I would keep him there when Simmonds returns. Don't get me wrong I think Simmonds works harder than almost everyone else on the ice.
Again. Terrible logic at work. Simmonds doesn't belong on the first line, so he immediately becomes expendable when it's overlooked how well he does everything else.

Clown Baby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:28 PM
FlyersMania2

This tweet:

Quote:
Hockey Tracker ‏@Hockey_tracker
Ottawa Sun reports #Flyers Paul Holmbren and #Caps George McPhee have been working the phones desperately trying to improve their clubs
take it for what it's worth - the only article I can find in the Ottawa Sun is from Saturdayhttp://www.ottawasun.com/2013/02/02/...truggling-team

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:32 PM
laundryman

Calling it. Ovechkin for Sestito straight up

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:36 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

As impossible as it seemed a few years ago, could you imagine the Caps offering up Ovechkin? That'd be insane.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:02 PM
SAINDON

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
As impossible as it seemed a few years ago, could you imagine the Caps offering up Ovechkin? That'd be insane.
It would be and I think they are.

SAINDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:04 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINDON View Post
It would be and I think they are.
I think they are too. I was going to say maybe he could have a resurgence here...then looked at his cap hit and almost crapped myself. $9.5M???? Good God.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:07 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Can you imagine Ovechkin and Giroux playing together though? Probably won't happen but WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:09 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
I can't mostly bc we probably wouldn't part with what they would want...good goalie, another star caliber player, etc

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Cromster

Quote:
I think they are too. I was going to say maybe he could have a resurgence here...then looked at his cap hit and almost crapped myself. $9.5M???? Good God.
Can't a team that's trading a player absorb some of the salary tho to facilitate a trade? Did that get in the new CBA?

Cromster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:14 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Also, imagine the amount of penalties and fines Ovie would get playing in the O&B

Old
02-06-2013, 03:14 PM
CootaRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromster View Post
Can't a team that's trading a player absorb some of the salary tho to facilitate a trade? Did that get in the new CBA?
I think it is only salary, but not cap hit... so in this instance it doesn't help WAS very much.

CootaRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Hockey Tracker ‏@Hockey_tracker
Ottawa Sun reports #Flyers Paul Holmbren and #Caps George McPhee have been working the phones desperately trying to keep their jobs.
Fixed.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:23 PM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
I'd be suprised if Homer isn't at least asking the price for OV.

Imagine the media-hype of a Giroux-OV and Crosby-Malkin match-up. Unreal.

But in all seriousness, a swap of Rusland Fedotenko and Jason Chimera would make me happy. Both have the exact same cap hit and Chimera is a big winger with a ton of speed. He'd probably flourish in Laviolettes system.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:24 PM
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense

Quote:
9.5M that is a ton of money, I mean what would the Caps want from us Couts, B.Schenn, Laughton plus? On one hand it's Ovie, and I could imagine him playing with G wow, but that's going to cost the Flyers a lot

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:25 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
Fixed.
Not Homer's fault the team is beat up.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Not Homer's fault the team is beat up.
Well, yeah, but I think he and everyone else knew the team was a bit flawed from the outset, hence the Weber offer sheet. We need the top D and have since the Pronger situation became more clear.

I'm not necessarily faulting Holmgren for all of it, but let's not kid ourselves that an institutional inability to develop a single reasonable high end defensive talent over the last decade (when Holmgren was a scout) HAS to be at least partially Holmgren's responsibility.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:36 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Well, yeah, but I think he and everyone else knew the team was a bit flawed from the outset, hence the Weber offer sheet. We need the top D and have since the Pronger situation became more clear.

I'm not necessarily faulting Holmgren for all of it, but let's not kid ourselves that an institutional inability to develop a single reasonable high end defensive talent over the last decade (when Holmgren was a scout) HAS to be at least partially Holmgren's responsibility.
Why do we all think the Flyers haven't developed a great D-man in the last decade? Why can't we!?

Old
02-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Why do we all think the Flyers haven't developed a great D-man in the last decade? Why can't we!?
I do think that we haven't developed one, I know that we haven't.... Heck, even the guys we drafted and traded to other teams haven't really blossomed into the top pairing defensemen that you want.

Why can't we? I don't know. It's hard to argue with our developmental track record for forwards, but it's pretty easy to see based on the results that we just haven't done it with defensemen. Basically, we rarely use early picks on defense regardless of the need. We trade those that we do draft away long before they reach their peak (and frankly we miss on those picks anyhow). We also probably don't put the organizational value on defensemen that many other teams do.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:56 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:

Well I think Homer has had little opportunity to work with raw talent to make a #1 D-Man.

To me, I don't care if we ever develop a #1. We traded for Luke Schenn to be a stud. I don't care if we drafted him or not, but if he grows into a #1 or #2, job done by Homer IMO. Our D right now has good personnel, and they're young. Why panic?

And the team is flawed, but not greatly.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:58 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
I do think that we haven't developed one, I know that we haven't.... Heck, even the guys we drafted and traded to other teams haven't really blossomed into the top pairing defensemen that you want.

Why can't we? I don't know. It's hard to argue with our developmental track record for forwards, but it's pretty easy to see based on the results that we just haven't done it with defensemen. Basically, we rarely use early picks on defense regardless of the need. We trade those that we do draft away long before they reach their peak (and frankly we miss on those picks anyhow). We also probably don't put the organizational value on defensemen that many other teams do.
I wasn't asking why people think we haven't, I also know we haven't. I was asking what people think are reasons leading to this.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:05 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

No to OV. We would be reversing all that we did in the summer of 2011. Now Carlson on the other hand...

edit: I would actually bet that Mike Green is the target for Homer. Not interested either.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Prongo
Beer

I don't see why everyone thinks we are working on a deal with Washington here? It looks like he said they both are working the phones, but not with each other. Sam Carchidi tweeted earlier that a source said it was slim chance they make a deal before Hartnell comes back.

https://twitter.com/BroadStBull/stat...01687577575424

Quote:
SOURCE: Only a slim chance #Flyers make a deal before Hartnell returns.
As usual we have conflicting reports between our media and national media.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:16 PM
YuioIklo

Ovechkin costs 9.5M, acquiring him would hurt us. Paying to get him would kill us.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:23 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
No to OV. We would be reversing all that we did in the summer of 2011. Now Carlson on the other hand...

edit: I would actually bet that Mike Green is the target for Homer. Not interested either.
Would be ecstatic with either one or Alzner

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote