HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Mike Richards

Old
02-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Noble Peasant
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Richards fished and hunted the entire summer. Definitely a party animal.
Were you with him? How many fish did you guys catch?

Noble Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Peasant View Post
Were you with him to see how much he partied?

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:01 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
They fared very well actually, thanks for asking. My boys won the lottery after finishing 2nd last in the league. It was more exciting watching the draft lottery than it was watching the entirety of the Kings run to the Stanley Cup Finals ( I had to keep setting my alarm for every 5 minutes because I kept falling asleep.)

You backed up my point anyways. He partied the **** of of California because he won the Cup. He probably partied harder than the NBA or NFL players. Him and Carter went hard. So it's no surprise as to why he sucks this year.
I'd rather win and party than lose.

But to each their own.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:02 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
They fared very well actually, thanks for asking. My boys won the lottery after finishing 2nd last in the league. It was more exciting watching the draft lottery than it was watching the entirety of the Kings run to the Stanley Cup Finals ( I had to keep setting my alarm for every 5 minutes because I kept falling asleep.)

You backed up my point anyways. He partied the **** of of California because he won the Cup. He probably partied harder than the NBA or NFL players. Him and Carter went hard. So it's no surprise as to why he sucks this year.
Ahh, an Oiler fan. You do realize that for as much as Richards "sucks" this year he still has as many points (in fewer games) than the Oilers #1 center right? Should I make a libelous statement about what RNH was doing during the off-season? Geeze, RNH had 52 points in 62 games last year, why does he "suck" so much now?

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:06 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
An angel's smile is what you sell
You promise me heaven, then put me through hell
Chains of love got a hold on me
When passion's a prison, you can't break free

You're a loaded gun
There's nowhere to run
No one can save me
The damage is done

[Chorus:]
Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
You give Oiler Fan's a bad name
I play my part and you play your game

So where is RNH >?

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:14 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

How exactly did Your Boys win the lottery?

That 16-2 run or whatever the Oilers had back in 1988 bore you too?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:21 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Anyway richies best offensive seasons are behind him. His body has been abused pretty bad throughout the last couple years. Hes one of my all time favorite flyers love the guy but the days of him putting up 79-81 points again are more than likely gone. Hes still a beast and id take him back anyday.

Last edited by piqued: 02-06-2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: unnecessary
SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
You got me. Btw, fishing >>> ice fishing.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

vCash: 592
About time we start hearing the word "party".........

Typical Richards game tonight. Loved it. You can keep your 3rd and 4th round picks...

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Palffy3314

Quote:
He was posting on Twitter about it quite a few times.

Palffy3314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry, because I "don't watch" the games, then I must not be able to comment on anything about the Kings. You must know everything about him since you probably watch every single game ever. He's just notoriously a slow starter guys... lmao! More like he drank a keg every night for the past 200 days while partying in LA, Florida, and Mexico.
and so you know everything about his travel itinerary how...?

Anyway, the timing thing clearly went over your head--even if all you can do is read box scores, you'd know that you posted your drivel on the night he got a gordie howe hattie. Wrong night to go "herp slow starting party animal."

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:25 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palffy3314 View Post
He was posting on Twitter about it quite a few times.
Doesn't matter, actually. Some people prefer to make what they think is the funniest joke, no matter how libelous, than getting the facts straight.

The same people usually are more excited to pick 1st overall up from 2nd overall, instead of watching playoff hockey, apparently.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Sean Garrity
#51in15 eh?

He is a 50-60 pt gritty 2-way center with good leadership. Anyone expecting more will be sorely disappointed.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:39 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Richards is Cannon.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Gordie Howe hat trick for Richards tonight. Fitting that he does it in an arena that has cannons.
I like what you did there

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:21 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
He is a 50-60 pt gritty 2-way center with good leadership. Anyone expecting more will be sorely disappointed.
That's exactly what the Kings needed and were expecting. He fills a role on the team that the organization couldn't seem to find an answer to from within.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:40 AM
fsanford

Quote:

So is this why the Oiler's tank year after year to keep fans happy because they prefer their team to draft in the lottery vs hoisting the Stanley Cup. I doubt most fans would agree with you.

I am guessing if Oilers won 4 games in the Cup Finals by scores of 1-0 most fans,(sans OP) would be pretty darn happy about it

With regards to Richards, seems people are taking a sample of 8 games to determine the current direction of a guys career.

Guess its human nature to presume current events, is a precursor to future results.
Revisit the board last week at this time and you will see some interesting comment

Patick Marleau is on a pace to average a goal a game, ( he hasn't put anything in the net over his last 4.)

Sharks are going to run away with the West , ( they lost 3 in a row and the Ducks are 2 points back with a game in hand.)

St Louis Blues, are absolutely dominating and could run away with the central, ( they just got beat badly by Nashville and are only 3 points ahead of 9th place Minnesota.)

Preds are sucking, losing Suter really hurts them, (they have won 3 in a row and currently sit 6th in the West.)

etc, etc etc..

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

vCash: 592
Quote:

I lol'd. 21 posts and they're probably all in this thread. Don't feed the troll.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote