HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JT Miller and Brandon Mashinter up; Ferriero down (2/18: Mashinter up with Powe out)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2013, 11:19 AM
  #326
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Since he's already been called up, what's the benefit of him staying up here past 5 games? We'd burn a year off his ELC in a shortened season, where at this point, we don't even know if we'll make the playoffs.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:20 AM
  #327
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,015
vCash: 659
I would have no problem burning the year of ELC, but starting the clock on free agency is something I would be a lot more hesitant to do. He's already been off the roster for 8 games, so I figure around 16 more NHL games spent in the minors would delay his Group III a year. Games on the roster but not dressed would count, however.

May be a sore spot with the coach, though. What does he care about Miller's UFA status 7 years from now?

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:20 AM
  #328
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,015
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
Since he's already been called up, what's the benefit of him staying up here past 5 games? We'd burn a year off his ELC in a shortened season, where at this point, we don't even know if we'll make the playoffs.
Oh, the drama.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:24 AM
  #329
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Oh, the drama.
How? We can send him back down and if we have a shot, call him back up at the end of the regular season.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:26 AM
  #330
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,015
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
How? We can send him back down and if we have a shot, call him back up at the end of the regular season.
"where at this point, we don't even know if we'll make the playoffs."

Is the drama I was referring to.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:29 AM
  #331
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
If the kid continues to play well and can help the team win then honestly who cares about the cap implications and contract non sense .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:30 AM
  #332
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,490
vCash: 500
Well if he can make the team better now, it's best to play him. It could be better for his development, and ultimately burning a year might not be a bad thing if it helps make him a better player and makes the team better

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:31 AM
  #333
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
If anyone thinks that JT played well last night, it was definately JT himself:
Quote:
“Personally, after the way I played in the end, it wouldn’t make sense for me not to be here."
Quote:
"I don’t know how to put it. I think I can skate here, is what I mean. I just have to make sure I stay consistent if they give me the opportunity.”
http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2013-ar...ould-stay.html

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:38 AM
  #334
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
If anyone thinks that JT played well last night, it was definately JT himself:


http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2013-ar...ould-stay.html
Well there ya go. You have to love that confidence in a young player. The difference with this kid is that he has both feet squarely planted, imo. His head won't get too large.

I don't know if he will stay, but he certainly made an impression on Torts. If not for Marty's theft, Miller would have had his 1st point off a beautiful passing play...and we are maybe having a different discussion today. It was a good move bringing him up.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:45 AM
  #335
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post


I admit I was sceptical - but far from being a real detractor
Small sample size - and would be very happy if you prediction were to become fruition
Prediction? What was so bold about his prediction? The Rangers have struggled with their depth being a key issue. And with the trade market undetermined, they went to their youth first. They looked to Miller. I don't see how this was rocket science. Sorry no applaud from here.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:33 PM
  #336
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Prediction? What was so bold about his prediction? The Rangers have struggled with their depth being a key issue. And with the trade market undetermined, they went to their youth first. They looked to Miller. I don't see how this was rocket science. Sorry no applaud from here.
And this is why I have to toot my own horn every so often, and sometimes it's horrible and sometimes it's the horn section from Chicago....

Bold it was in that few others thought I was correct, which I was.

YOU are right, we should not make more of an early Miller than he is, BUT

I am right, he can do the basics, skate very well w/speed (not Kreider/Hagelin class, but still, very good) and scoring for him is secondary at this point, he can set up and distribute.

You don't want to admit he could be a replacement for Stepan if we get a high enough offer for him.

Mitt, it's an Obama world. Tell Hank Morris to deal with it.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:49 PM
  #337
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,997
vCash: 500
Miller looked REALLY good out there...at times he was the best player on the ice (during his shifts)....pretty impressed.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:21 PM
  #338
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Miller looked REALLY good out there...at times he was the best player on the ice (during his shifts)....pretty impressed.
So, you've come around to the idea that it was a good idea to keep him out of the deal for Nash, as a few of us suggested?

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:57 PM
  #339
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,271
vCash: 500
Love the confidence. Watching the replay today, I'm even more impressed.

E-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:35 PM
  #340
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
So, you've come around to the idea that it was a good idea to keep him out of the deal for Nash, as a few of us suggested?
I'm waiting for the point when people come around the idea that it wasn't a good idea to trade for Nash (and his contract) at all.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:41 PM
  #341
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I'm waiting for the point when people come around the idea that it wasn't a good idea to trade for Nash (and his contract) at all.
If it's of any consolation, I'm there and was there last year as well. I'm rooting for Nash because he's a likable guy and a fun player to watch and I think he has been good, in the sense that he's the only guy capable of really creating something out of nothing, but I also think his 9 games so far are going further towards proving my opinion that he's always been overrated than bringing me around to the idea that he's this franchise, marquee superstar that was trapped in Columbus and just waiting to breakout. "He never was surrounded with talent in Columbus!" Well, he's been playing with two genuine all-stars since he arrived in NY and the breakout seems to be scheduled for some time in the future still. What's done is done and I'm not sour about the deal because we took a chance and maybe Nash will heat up as he gets more games under his belt, but I never wanted to do it in the first place and I've had my spider senses telling me it wasn't a smart move from the day it was announced.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:47 PM
  #342
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
maybe Sather knew that he would be a good player that is why they traded Erixon instead of Miller in the trade for Rick Nash. one would think that the Jackets trying to rebuild would want a kid from their home state of Ohio?? i dont think they needed Erixon... they have some depth on their blueline.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:52 PM
  #343
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
If it's of any consolation, I'm there and was there last year as well. I'm rooting for Nash because he's a likable guy and a fun player to watch and I think he has been good, in the sense that he's the only guy capable of really creating something out of nothing, but I also think his 9 games so far are going further towards proving my opinion that he's always been overrated than bringing me around to the idea that he's this franchise, marquee superstar that was trapped in Columbus and just waiting to breakout. "He never was surrounded with talent in Columbus!" Well, he's been playing with two genuine all-stars since he arrived in NY and the breakout seems to be scheduled for some time in the future still. What's done is done and I'm not sour about the deal because we took a chance and maybe Nash will heat up as he gets more games under his belt, but I never wanted to do it in the first place and I've had my spider senses telling me it wasn't a smart move from the day it was announced.
Really don't see the downside if Miller and Kreider take the bull by the horns. Love Artie and Duby but Miller and Kreider can replace them. There goes the depth issue. What's the problem now?

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:53 PM
  #344
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Really don't see the downside if Miller and Kreider take the bull by the horns. Love Artie and Duby but Miller and Kreider can replace them. There goes the depth issue. What's the problem now?
Chemistry? Leadership? Results?

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:59 PM
  #345
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Chemistry? Leadership? Results?
Do you realize that we have 1 less point than we did have at this point last year and 1 more win. After 48 games we were the #1 seed. Also Artie and Duby were invisible for large portions of last year. What chemistry? We have plenty of leadership.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:12 PM
  #346
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Do you realize that we have 1 less point than we did have at this point last year and 1 more win. After 48 games we were the #1 seed. Also Artie and Duby were invisible for large portions of last year. What chemistry? We have plenty of leadership.
Points and performance are not the same issue. This team is without an identity or any cohesiveness, and personally, I'm not happy with the leadership at all. I think Dubinsky and Prust were evidently huge parts of the leadership and what got this team ready to go out and play each night. Dubi and Arty may have been invisible on the score board from time to time, but they both contributed all-around, especially Dubinsky. This team has no drive right now, and in my opinion, it's because the identity, chemistry and character from last year is no longer the same.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:13 PM
  #347
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
well according to NHL 13 right now Rangers vs Islanders. Miller from Kreider and 1-0 maybe a prediction lol.... D.Hamilton also got an assist... dont ask how i pulled off that trade.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:17 PM
  #348
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I'm waiting for the point when people come around the idea that it wasn't a good idea to trade for Nash (and his contract) at all.
Don't hold your breath. People will find every excuse in the world to get behind the idea of getting a big name on the team and to justify the move in hindsight thereafter.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:57 PM
  #349
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
maybe Sather knew that he would be a good player that is why they traded Erixon instead of Miller in the trade for Rick Nash. one would think that the Jackets trying to rebuild would want a kid from their home state of Ohio?? i dont think they needed Erixon... they have some depth on their blueline.
Miller was included in the offer to Columbus at the trade deadline last year. If I remember correctly Brooks wrote that Sather offered Dubi, Miller and Erixon last year. Howson wanted young nhl forwards not foward prospects so he eventually took Anisimov instead.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:58 PM
  #350
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,015
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Miller was included in the offer to Columbus at the trade deadline last year. If I remember correctly Brooks wrote that Sather offered Dubi, Miller and Erixon last year. Howson wanted young nhl forwards not foward prospects so he took Anisimov instead.
Brooks said Dubinsky, Erixon, Miller, Thomas and a 1st

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.