HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit-NYI

Old
02-06-2013, 01:21 PM
wingfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Of course you would. Wings would be bending the Isles over in that deal. We would have to add a significant +.
We'd have to give up a significant + for a 34 year old rental and a disgruntled player who has requested, publicly, a trade? Neiderreiter is a prospect, and his NHL performance has done nothing to vindicate any sort of overpayment. Look what Cbus' holdout on trading Rick Nash, another player who had it leaked to media that a trade was requested at the behest of the player, did for his trade value? Everyone was convinced it was going to take either Kreider, Hagelin, or Stepan PLUS Del Zotto or McDonagh, PLUS Anisimov PLUS a first. What did they end up with? Dubinsky(NYR were over him), Anisimov, a first, and Tim Erixon????

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:29 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfan View Post
We'd have to give up a significant + for a 34 year old rental and a disgruntled player who has requested, publicly, a trade? Neiderreiter is a prospect, and his NHL performance has done nothing to vindicate any sort of overpayment. Look what Cbus' holdout on trading Rick Nash, another player who had it leaked to media that a trade was requested at the behest of the player, did for his trade value? Everyone was convinced it was going to take either Kreider, Hagelin, or Stepan PLUS Del Zotto or McDonagh, PLUS Anisimov PLUS a first. What did they end up with? Dubinsky(NYR were over him), Anisimov, a first, and Tim Erixon????
1.Snow, Nino's agent , Bob Mckenzie, Staples in Newsday, Strang at ESPN and Botta all have said Snow's not trading Nino. 20 yr old Nino has no leverage to force a trade.

The only ones expecting a trade, are opposing teams fans.
Unless the ufa age has been lowered to 20, Nino's gonna stay an Isle.

2. Isles are not looking to move Streit. Some of our fans think he'll get an extension before the season ends.

Snow will not care what other gms/fans think of Nino or Streit's value, since he is not looking to move them.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 02-06-2013 at 01:48 PM.
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
I like Ouellet and Sproul alot and would want them
If Streit were 28 years old, I could see Detroit including one of them in a package. Not at his age. Not right now. Maybe if they were real contenders but it would be patch work and nothing more.

I could see them acquiring Visnovsky though. Even at that, the Isles would end up with someone like Lashoff or a 3rd.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:54 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
If Streit were 28 years old, I could see Detroit including one of them in a package. Not at his age. Not right now. Maybe if they were real contenders but it would be patch work and nothing more.

I could see them acquiring Visnovsky though. Even at that, the Isles would end up with someone like Lashoff or a 3rd.
Cappy has said they want Vis to ease the high mins Streit, MacDonald and Hamonic have had to play in several games.

If the wheels totally come off and the isles are out of the race by the trade deadline, the vets will be shopped. If however, the isles are still hovering in the mix at the deadline, I don't see the isles selling.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:15 PM
wingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
1.Snow, Nino's agent , Bob Mckenzie, Staples in Newsday, Strang at ESPN and Botta all have said Snow's not trading Nino. 20 yr old Nino has no leverage to force a trade.

The only ones expecting a trade, are opposing teams fans.
Unless the ufa age has been lowered to 20, Nino's gonna stay an Isle.

2. Isles are not looking to move Streit. Some of our fans think he'll get an extension before the season ends.

Snow will not care what other gms/fans think of Nino or Streit's value, since he is not looking to move them.
I understand that Snow has no interest inmoving Neiderreiter, or Streit for that matter. All I was trying to do is say that if the names Sproul or Ouellet were brought up by another GM, in this case Snow, they're going to have to be willing to give up more than a 34 year old rental. If A Philly fan proposed a trade here saying "Hey, we'll give you Timmonen for Carkner, Thomas Hickey, and a 2nd" I would expect a reaction similar to mine from Isles fans. (I only used Philly as Timmonen is the only other aging "rental" dman I could think of)

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Datsyuk 13

terrible. absolutely terrible

Datsyuk 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Nyquist

Huge no to the OP. After like 300 times of wings fans saying we need a defensive defenseman, you would think people would stop making offers that see us getting an offensive defenseman

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:31 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
I like Ouellet and Sproul alot and would want them
Most people should, you're talking about the front runners at this point for the QMJHL and OHL d-man of the year.

Sproul has outperformed Dougie Hamilton's pace this year. He has some ways to go defensively but he is a unique package, one that is not easily made available for an old UFA rental.

Ouellet is a coaches player that just continues to get positive reviews by anybody that comes into contact with him. Played for Team Canada, they are very high on him as well.

In all likelihood both Ouellet and Sproul are more protected than Nyquist or Tatar. If they are being moved it is a big deal, Nino, Okposo something of a higher upside or younger. I am not saying they return some of these things on their own but cannot see the scenario where Mark Streit gets any of these bigger guys in the discussion.

I do actually think Frk is the right target for most teams. He has big time discipline problems the kind the Wings hammer out of their players. If they cannot they get rid of them. He still has a long ways to go there and I wonder what they think of that, it might hurt his value within the organization as far as which guy they will get rid of first.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:20 PM
solo16

Quincey is underrated in this thread. At worst hes worth a mid 2nd. He is better than wings fans think. He is just our whipping boy. As far as a 4/5/6 guy who can play in the top 3 in the punch he is plenty solid. I do hate his penalties etc though.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:44 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
Quincey is underrated in this thread. At worst hes worth a mid 2nd. He is better than wings fans think. He is just our whipping boy. As far as a 4/5/6 guy who can play in the top 3 in the punch he is plenty solid. I do hate his penalties etc though.
This is true. While I don't like him, his value is a lot more than some Wings fans that just want to throw him out of town are saying. I will jokingly throw him out, but I would expect a decent return in truth, he just doesn't fit here. But the guy even played last summer for the Canadian WC team, it isn't just Holland that thinks he has talent. You see the same thing with Franzen. I know people trot out the contract, but he is still more valuable in NHL circles than people probably give him credit for.

Both are disliked, Franzen I don't even really get, he is at a point a game right now and has been more physical. But alas he is a floater we should sell off for nothing. I doubt Ken Holland and other GMs around the league view either of these guys in a similar fashion as a lot of Wings fans.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
This is true. While I don't like him, his value is a lot more than some Wings fans that just want to throw him out of town are saying. I will jokingly throw him out, but I would expect a decent return in truth, he just doesn't fit here. But the guy even played last summer for the Canadian WC team, it isn't just Holland that thinks he has talent. You see the same thing with Franzen. I know people trot out the contract, but he is still more valuable in NHL circles than people probably give him credit for.

Both are disliked, Franzen I don't even really get, he is at a point a game right now and has been more physical. But alas he is a floater we should sell off for nothing. I doubt Ken Holland and other GMs around the league view either of these guys in a similar fashion as a lot of Wings fans.
Judging by the wings fans on this site, you can get half our team for a 3rd round pick

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote