HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston @ Montreal 7:30PM ET TSN/RDS/NBCSN

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Other than making your significant other happy, can't really recommend you move there even for non-hockey reasons.
Quebec has change a lot in the last few years (for the goods), although your depiction of their hockey fans is spot on. My father is a type 3).

Old
02-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Davebo
beep beep

The booins won't be used to our new forecheck, and will be compelled to goon it up the first time we drill one of their D. Loads of PP time for us!

Then again the officiating has been a crap-shoot this season - could go either way.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Remington

Quote:
Dude, if that's important to you, then don't move to QC.

There are five different types of hockey fans in QC:

1) Disgruntled ex-Nords who buy Center Ice and still watch the Avs. Those are the worst because they raised kids who resent the Habs, thus perpetuating the hatred for another generation.

2) People who claim they've been Bruins fans since 1997, like that year is just pure coincidence. (not naming anyone here)

3) People who quit watching hockey altogether.

4) Bandwagon Habs fans who only pay attention if we win more than one round in the playoffs.

5) Hardcore Habs fans like me who got the heck out of there.

Other than making your significant other happy, can't really recommend you move there even for non-hockey reasons.
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to be one of the hardcore fans there.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
marchand isnt playing tonight?

Old
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Quebec has change a lot in the last few years (for the goods), although your depiction of their hockey fans is spot on. My father is a type 3).
In what way? I'm still there once or twice a year to spend time with family and it just keeps getting more crowded and impossible to get around. The roads are crap and everything seems dirty. Tiny expensive homes. Cost of living an order of magnitude from what I remember.

Old
PricePkPatch

Since we are 5 for 5 when I posted my Hamstard comic...

Old
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington View Post
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to be one of the hardcore fans there.
I'm of the 6th category, just a superb individual, good taste in everything, worldly, well educated, charming and Habs fan.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:35 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I'm of the 6th category, just a superb individual, good taste in everything, worldly, well educated, charming and Habs fan.
Well, there are some classy neighborhoods if you don't mind paying and standing out.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:36 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
In what way? I'm still there once or twice a year to spend time with family and it just keeps getting more crowded and impossible to get around. The roads are crap and everything seems dirty. Tiny expensive homes. Cost of living an order of magnitude from what I remember.
I traveled a lot around Europe and North America, and the cost of living in Montreal is very low, appartements even in the most sought after neighborhood are quite low, buying homes is also affordable and this must be the safest city i've been to.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Halifaxhab*

Im putting the over/under at 2mins on a Lucic crash the net/skate away with a dirty look when challeged to a fight by soneone who can legitemately handle themselves....and 4mins before one of them tries to hurt Galchenyuk.

Also, 10 secs before a bruins fan yells for the blood to flow

Old
02-06-2013, 04:37 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Again, what does that have to do with anything? They defend their team with passion. Same as we do when Subban hit Krejci, or Kunitz or when Patches hit Letang or when he went to the movies after his concussion.

We dont agree on much but thats what this site is for, friendly debate and to kill time until the next game.

I swear some of you take this stuff way too seriously.....
Ya no kidding. I see us saying "they said this on bruins board!" and them saying "they said this on habs board!" It's a rivalry, people need to chill out and enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post

Best Pouliot moment as far as I'm concerned.
Still not sure what Krejci was thinking. He shouldn't be fighting. He's a top center on that team and had no reason to pick that fight.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:43 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Still not sure what Krejci was thinking. He shouldn't be fighting. He's a top center on that team and had no reason to pick that fight.
It's a group ape thing. You get pumped up playing alongside goons, and the goon mentality extend to you. You don't think and try to do as well..

And get your ass handed to you.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:45 PM
mich25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
marchand isnt playing tonight?
No. He's out which sucks because he always brings that intensity/passion to games like this one tonight. We also have Thorton sitting as well and Paille. So ,the B's are playing 4 AHL'ers on their offensive line tonight. As a B's fan this has me worried a little, but still love our D and all are healthy and in the lineup tonight. Should be a good one.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:46 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I traveled a lot around Europe and North America, and the cost of living in Montreal is very low, appartements even in the most sought after neighborhood are quite low, buying homes is also affordable and this must be the safest city i've been to.
I agree that it's very safe but completely disagree on the price of homes. I've lived around NYC suburbs/Chicago/Denver and the price per square foot in QC is very high. My sister owns a 1500 sqft townhome in Sillery that she paid mid-400's for and I own a 3000 sqft single family home that cost me mid-300's in one of the nicest suburbs of Denver.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:46 PM
mich25

Quote:
Ya no kidding. I see us saying "they said this on bruins board!" and them saying "they said this on habs board!" It's a rivalry, people need to chill out and enjoy it.

Bruins aren't *******. It's that simple. NO ONE ON THE BRUINS are afraid to drop them. If you come at anyone they will go one on one with you.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:51 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
Bruins aren't *******. It's that simple. NO ONE ON THE BRUINS are afraid to drop them. If you come at anyone they will go one on one with you.
Wanna see a video of Lucic running away like a girl from Laraque I remember Chara also declining getting his face punched out.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:52 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

Is that what they are saying on the Bruins board? Really?

"Go one on one", riiiight

Old
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Wanna see a video of Lucic running away like a girl from Laraque I remember Chara also declining getting his face punched out.

Old
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

vCash: 167
Quote:
Easy killer rookie settle down.

Last edited by SpokedLightning: 02-06-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: to sound less condecsending
Old
ChoseLa

Quote:
I agree that it's very safe but completely disagree on the price of homes. I've lived around NYC suburbs/Chicago/Denver and the price per square foot in QC is very high. My sister owns a 1500 sqft townhome in Sillery that she paid mid-400's for and I own a 3000 sqft single family home that cost me mid-300's in one of the nicest suburbs of Denver.
Yes but the price between the Suburbs and the city, the Plateau per instance aren't quite far. You can get a 1400 square feet for 250K$ in the heart of the Plateau, quite cheap actualy. Sillery is a very expensive neighborhood.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:53 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

I remember watching one where even Savard lost his **** and tried to do the macho cave man thing and fought someone. Wouldn't be surprised if it contributed to his jello-brain syndrome.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
John Scott seemed to have made the Bruins cower. After he beat up Thornton, Scott checked a bruin player (I think it was Krejci?) right in front of the Bruins bench. Then, Scott looked at the whole bench as if to say : "Yea, I did that too. There's nothing you can do about it."

And the Bruins did nothing of the game to put Scott in his place, nor did they retaliate on another player. They may look for redemption next game. But that match, the Bruins definitely looked like they were cowering.

Sure, they'll drop the gloves. It was easier back when the Habs didn't have much muscle apart from Moen. They might still do it tonight. Don't think they'll come off as easily.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:54 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Pouliot did Krejci a favour.

I hear that Subban is pretty afraid but has more fights than marchand so, maybe marchand is one. Just saying.

Lemme hear you disagree then call us delusional.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:55 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
John Scott seemed to have made the Bruins cower. After he beat up Thronton, Scott checked a bruin player (I think it was Krejci?) right in front of the Bruins bench. Then, Scott looked at the whole bench as if to say : "Yea, I did that too. There's nothing you can do about it."

And the Bruins did nothing of the game. They may look for redemption next game. But that match, the Bruins definitely looked like they were cowering.

Sure, they'll drop the gloves. It was easier back when the Habs didn't have much muscle apart from Moen. They might still do it tonight. Don't think they'll come off as easily.
I love Scott, but Lucic can take him, he won't look out of place.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:56 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I remember watching one where even Savard lost his **** and tried to do the macho cave man thing and fought someone. Wouldn't be surprised if it contributed to his jello-brain syndrome.
Remember that Savard-Crosby thing? Wow. It was bad. I don't even care though cuz everyone **** talks, but didn't expect crosby to deliver.

Closed Thread