HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes 2/7

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 02:09 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
Retribution against Torres is stupid at this point. Same as Canucks fans wanting Keith's head on a stick. Just play the game and win it. If you have a chance to finish a clean check than do it. If he wants to fight Bollig, fine but that's the extent of it. Hawks have far more to lose with nonsense like that.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Hawkaholic

Just get someone in his face after a whistle and let him know that it will never happen again, like Bollig. If it looks like he is taking runs at some of our star guys, send Bollig out to clobber him, our PK can take care of the 2min instigator.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:09 PM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Retribution against Torres is stupid at this point. Same as Canucks fans wanting Keith's head on a stick. Just play the game and win it. If you have a chance to finish a clean check than do it. If he wants to fight Bollig, fine but that's the extent of it. Hawks have far more to lose with nonsense like that.
I see this a lot different than the Keith/Sedin situation.

this was a brutal hit to the head that had no prior action from Hossa to earn that type of hit like Sedin and his cheapshot elbow.

I expect someone on the Hawks to run at him early. make a statement that this ass clown is going to pay a price as we didnt have a chance to get him in the playoffs. it doesnt have to be the entire night, just a solid run at early on and I am fine with that. its not going to cust us the game like some over-exaggerate and actually would pump up the bench and rally the team as well.

main objective is to win the game hands down, but right behind that should be Bollig looking to take his head off! I really dont see Bollig taking a run at Torres and then fighting the ***** as putting us in any position to lose against that team.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

you still talk about Torres? Let him play, at some point a player will end his career with one cheap shot. I just hope it won't be a Hawks player.

Hope they come out and dominate the game. Perfect timing to finally get a SO

Old
02-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Totally this. He was suspended and served it. Let's beat them on the scoreboard.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Hawkaholic

After the Seabrook incident, it was OK to just play. But then, the guy goes out and injures ANOTHER one of our stars and most of you still just want to win the game and that's it?

I'm not condoning someone injure him, but its about time the guy pays a real price for his dirty play, just give him the warning first with Bollig, and if that doesn't seem to work, blast him in anyway possible and take the repercussions.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:24 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
He will get his. They always do.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Oh_so_saad

torres has apologized for the hit let it go. hoss is back and thats all that matters

Old
02-06-2013, 05:53 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
After the Seabrook incident, it was OK to just play. But then, the guy goes out and injures ANOTHER one of our stars and most of you still just want to win the game and that's it?

I'm not condoning someone injure him, but its about time the guy pays a real price for his dirty play, just give him the warning first with Bollig, and if that doesn't seem to work, blast him in anyway possible and take the repercussions.
Pretty much nobody fears the Hawks in the manner. We have Bollig who likes to fight and isn't that great at it. Mayers....ahhh yah. Torres will probably beat the piss out of both of them. John Scott isn't here anymore. I still like to see people try and get in his face but it will be a side show at best.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I see this a lot different than the Keith/Sedin situation.

this was a brutal hit to the head that had no prior action from Hossa to earn that type of hit like Sedin and his cheapshot elbow.

I expect someone on the Hawks to run at him early. make a statement that this ass clown is going to pay a price as we didnt have a chance to get him in the playoffs. it doesnt have to be the entire night, just a solid run at early on and I am fine with that. its not going to cust us the game like some over-exaggerate and actually would pump up the bench and rally the team as well.

main objective is to win the game hands down, but right behind that should be Bollig looking to take his head off! I really dont see Bollig taking a run at Torres and then fighting the ***** as putting us in any position to lose against that team.
Let it go.

Also, please don't try and say the Sedin situation and the Hossa situation are really different at all, because they aren't. It is silly to suggest the Hawks had it worse. They didn't.

But yeah, nobody really should care about Torres anymore. He served his long suspension, Hossa's back and playing great, everything is in the past. Win the game, that's all that matters. Not only is it the main objective as you said, but it should be the only one.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Pretty much nobody fears the Hawks in the manner. We have Bollig who likes to fight and isn't that great at it. Mayers....ahhh yah. Torres will probably beat the piss out of both of them. John Scott isn't here anymore. I still like to see people try and get in his face but it will be a side show at best.
I think you underrate Bollig. He's pretty damn tough. I'd take him over Torres every time. Mayers still has it, too, even though he's aging a bit. Torres is scrappy but he's no heavyweight (not saying Bollig and Mayers are) All that said, no, no one fears this team as far as physicality and intimidation is concerned, but when have they ever been feared like that in recent years, really? As I said before, just play the game to get the win and find your time within that frame if you can to get on him.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:55 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Uh.. Bollig's a very good fighter. He's one of the few guys in the league that knows how to use his left hand effectively. I've never seen him get his ass kicked, and he's fought some tough guys.

Torres doesn't fight. The most fights he's ever had in one season was 5 (last year), but he usually only has 1 or 2:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/819

IMO, something needs to be done about Torres. He's gone out and tried to murder 2 of Chicago's best players in consecutive years. Think about that. Think about how much Chicago would be set back if Seabrook and Hossa couldn't get over their concussions. I'm not saying go out there and take dumb penalty after dumb penalty.. but you need to hit him - and hit him hard - every chance they get and if he attempts to hit (good hit or bad) anyone, Bollig needs to jump him and beat the crap out of him.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:14 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
And remember, the best revenge of all is giving them zero points, thus putting them one step closer to elimination and moving to Quebec City.

Hope Torres has a good numbskull to French dictionary handy.

For the purposes of this joke, should the Yotes instead move to Seattle instead of Quebec City, replace "French" with "hipster" for maximal comedic results.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:26 PM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Let it go.

Also, please don't try and say the Sedin situation and the Hossa situation are really different at all, because they aren't. It is silly to suggest the Hawks had it worse. They didn't.

But yeah, nobody really should care about Torres anymore. He served his long suspension, Hossa's back and playing great, everything is in the past. Win the game, that's all that matters. Not only is it the main objective as you said, but it should be the only one.
let it go?

what is with all this pacifist nonsene on here?

if this was during the time of Grimson, Peluso, and Keenan there would be blood tomorrow night 100%.

I said that our tough guys like Bollig and Mayers should go get him because Hossa could have been retired right now. I dont care if the hit was last year, or he apologized, you guys would be acting different if Hossa was still eating apple sauce through a straw right now.

I dont want players like Sharp or Kane going after him, but there is no reason why our 4th line guys who play barely 6 minutes a night cant take one of those shifts and try and destroy him. we can give him payback and beat them on the scoreboard all at once.

what would be poetic justice is if Hoss catches him with his head down and just floors him cleanly. I might wake up the kids if that happens.

and to your other point you simply cannot be serious with the Keith/Sedin hit and the Torres/Hossa hit as being the same. that is ridiculous Hansen and you know it. Sedin played like a punk and got caught up, Hossa didnt do anything to deserve that hit, big big difference.

Last edited by AmericanDream: 02-06-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 08:05 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Right, if he did, Shaw makes sense. I think Shaw would get rag dolled by him, personally, so I don't see the point. But I would like to see our guys put a little extra into their hits, that's going to send the message better than anything else, make it hard for him. Show him that he doesn't have any more easy games left in his career against the Hawks.
Shaw can fight anyone 20-25lbs bigger and probably beat their *** He wouldn't get ragged dolled by Torres. It would be almost even but Torres probably would win.

Shaw fighting guys 40lbs heavier well uphill battle at that point.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:17 PM
LandofLincoln

Message sent Fight Must Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh_so_saad View Post
torres has apologized for the hit let it go. hoss is back and thats all that matters
Wrong I think we need to send Bollig at him. Then if they put him back on the ice Shaw needs to go at him. You send a message that punk ass move cost Rocky Wirtz and Chicago millions if we would have advanced into the next round. Plus it could have cost Hossa significant injury.

I say we take two instigator penalties early and if we go down 0-2 in the first period so be it. We can afford a risk. The only better scenario would be to do nothing and save it for the fans when we play them in Chicago. We must retaliate. It also sends the league a message that if you go after a Blackhawks star player you will pay even if it is a year later.

Message Sent

Old
02-06-2013, 08:20 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
I dont care if the hit was last year, or he apologized, you guys would be acting different if Hossa was still eating apple sauce through a straw right now.
Great quote about the applesauce through a straw. Had me rolling. That's right!

Old
02-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Wrong I think we need to send Bollig at him. Then if they put him back on the ice Shaw needs to go at him. You send a message that punk ass move cost Rocky Wirtz and Chicago millions if we would have advanced into the next round. Plus it could have cost Hossa significant injury.

I say we take two instigator penalties early and if we go down 0-2 in the first period so be it. We can afford a risk. The only better scenario would be to do nothing and save it for the fans when we play them in Chicago. We must retaliate. It also sends the league a message that if you go after a Blackhawks star player you will pay even if it is a year later.

Message Sent
Good thing the Hawks are professionals and not little vengeful babies.

"Go down 2-0, it's worth it."

Lol. You people sometimes (well, just some of you).

Old
02-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
let it go?

what is with all this pacifist nonsene on here?

if this was during the time of Grimson, Peluso, and Keenan there would be blood tomorrow night 100%.

I said that our tough guys like Bollig and Mayers should go get him because Hossa could have been retired right now. I dont care if the hit was last year, or he apologized, you guys would be acting different if Hossa was still eating apple sauce through a straw right now.

I dont want players like Sharp or Kane going after him, but there is no reason why our 4th line guys who play barely 6 minutes a night cant take one of those shifts and try and destroy him. we can give him payback and beat them on the scoreboard all at once.

what would be poetic justice is if Hoss catches him with his head down and just floors him cleanly. I might wake up the kids if that happens.

and to your other point you simply cannot be serious with the Keith/Sedin hit and the Torres/Hossa hit as being the same. that is ridiculous Hansen and you know it. Sedin played like a punk and got caught up, Hossa didnt do anything to deserve that hit, big big difference.
A lot of Hawks fans made a huge deal out of that little Sedin hit when it really wasn't much. A 2 minute penalty? Yeah, maybe. But that's about it. What Keith did was inexcusable, that's why he was suspended. What Torres did was also inexcusable but he was a repeat offender so he deservedly got a much longer suspension.
Simple.

Sorry, it's not the era of Grimson anymore. It's 2013.
Maybe a nice legal hit or two on Torres - that's the most we're going to see (if even that, and I have my doubts given the Hawks aren't physical) and it's also the most we should see.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:27 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Good thing the Hawks are professionals and not little vengeful babies.

"Go down 2-0, it's worth it."

Lol. You people sometimes (well, just some of you).
You're a *****! If you don't want to retaliate. I bet if you went to prison and got your **** pushed in you wouldn't do a damn thing in retaliation.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Penosity

I'd like to see Bollig take his head off.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
You're a *****! If you don't want to retaliate. I bet if you went to prison and got your **** pushed in you wouldn't do a damn thing in retaliation.
The NHL is analogous to prison. What a wonderful argument.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:40 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
The NHL is analogous to prison. What a wonderful argument.
thanks. It's hard to come up with metaphors like that.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:45 PM
puterwiz53

The Hawks will not be looking for revenge on Torres. 2 wrongs do not make a right. Sure he will probably get hit as hits are a part of the game. No doubt Torres will play a bit timid expecting a Hawk to come after him. The Hawks just need to give him the evil eye and let him think that target is written all over him.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:55 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by puterwiz53 View Post
The Hawks will not be looking for revenge on Torres. 2 wrongs do not make a right. Sure he will probably get hit as hits are a part of the game. No doubt Torres will play a bit timid expecting a Hawk to come after him. The Hawks just need to give him the evil eye and let him think that target is written all over him.
Right we need to offer forgiveness and give it to God. God will handle Torres. Go join the priesthood this is a hockey team.

Closed Thread