HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RNH's injury

Old
02-06-2013, 04:48 PM
SephF
Visually Better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
This is the first I have ever heard of surgery. I don't think it happened unless it was a very minor. Tears require 6 month to recoup.
It's The Sun so they're probably wrong. I'm sure there would be more information out there if that was the case.

This team is cursed when it comes to shoulders.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:52 PM
RKD

Nugent-Hopkins definitely did not have surgery or any kind of procedure on his shoulder.

02-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Jooked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
It's The Sun so they're probably wrong. I'm sure there would be more information out there if that was the case.

This team is cursed when it comes to shoulders.
I thought the same when I read it. To be fair, it also appeared in Spec's Sportsnet article. I just find it odd how news like this manages to escape the media fish bowl known as Edmonton. Why would we find out about it in December of all times?

The fact is the team, Nuge and his agent have never verified this surgery ever happened.

Jooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooked View Post
I thought the same when I read it. To be fair, it also appeared in Spec's Sportsnet article. I just find it odd how news like this manages to escape the media fish bowl known as Edmonton. Why would we find out about it in December of all times?

The fact is the team, Nuge and his agent have never verified this surgery ever happened.
You have your answer above. If it happened RKD would have known.

Fourier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
You have your answer above. If it happened RKD would have known.
The question isnt whether it did happen it's whether it should have happened. Is it another Taylor Hall situation where they are letting him play on it hoping it gets better until eventually he has the surgery and everyone says he should have done it years ago, during the lockout would have made a lot of sense.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

The Oilers have been foolishly risking his health, there's no doubt about it. Since it's becoming more and more apparent that this team is still a mess I wouldn't be opposed to him getting surgery and shutting it down for the season.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

If he had to play tonight he could have? Give me a break. We're down to one regular centre. Gotta love how the Oilers keep disrespecting their fans with this crap.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:39 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos665 View Post
All talk from the team is that his shoulders are just sore, and it is nothing too serious. Step away from the bridge.
yeah, just like they said with horcoff... just like they said with hemsky... just like they said with hall

this team hasn't earned the right to be believed when it comes to injuries

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:45 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
If he had to play tonight he could have? Give me a break. We're down to one regular centre. Gotta love how the Oilers keep disrespecting their fans with this crap.
i`m personally just sick of it.... time and time again they screw up when it comes to treating injuries with the seriousness that they need to be treated with.... i`ve often thought that the souray rant about injuries while playing for the oilers might have had a lot of truth to it

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Meanashell11

Oh, so this is the thread where everyone rants about the Oilers incompetent trainers, lying about injuries and how --insert player name here-- arm/leg/hip/eye is hanging by a thread when the coach says its not that bad and just resting him?

Maybe it's serious, I hope not and hope that the team is telling the truth, I mean why lie when in a few days everyone will know what's up. But this board is desperate for drama so here we go...

God I hate this

Meanashell11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:58 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Yep. IMO, it's clearly more than him just needing a day of rest and he could have played if he needed to. It's par for the course with this organization. Fool me once, fool me twice.... We've gone through this more than enough times. It's day to day then week to week then it's a season ender.

I fear that there has been a lingering problem with him all season. He just hasn't been the same since the injury last season. I have never seen him as tentative as he has been this season. If there is indeed a lingering problem, he needs to get the surgery as soon as possible. He really should have done it in the offseason if that's the case, would have been the ideal time to do it with the longer than normal offseason. I really hope that it's just sore but i highly doubt it unfortunately.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Yep. IMO, it's clearly more than him just needing a day of rest and he could have played if he needed to. It's par for the course with this organization. Fool me once, fool me twice.... We've gone through this more than enough times. It's day to day then week to week then it's a season ender.

I fear that there has been a lingering problem with him all season. He just hasn't been the same since the injury last season. I have never seen him as tentative as he has been this season. If there is indeed a lingering problem, he needs to get the surgery as soon as possible. He really should have done it in the offseason if that's the case, would have been the ideal time to do it with the longer than normal offseason. I really hope that it's just sore but i highly doubt it unfortunately.
Thankfully, we're looking at an extremely short season. Only 39 more to go.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
#ualberta

So is this sore shoulder the same shoulder that was injured last season or are both shoulders sore or is it a secret

I think he'll be fine in a game or two, nuge really hasn't been playing to his zenith (lol) this season i hope he can get back to being the nuge we all know and love from last year.

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKD View Post
Nugent-Hopkins definitely did not have surgery or any kind of procedure on his shoulder.
Thanks for clearing that up.

02-06-2013, 06:28 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
So is this sore shoulder the same shoulder that was injured last season or are both shoulders sore or is it a secret

I think he'll be fine in a game or two, nuge really hasn't been playing to his zenith (lol) this season i hope he can get back to being the nuge we all know and love from last year.
He hurt his left shoulder twice last year with two different injuries, he took a crosscheck on the right shoulder from Henrik Sedin last game against Vancouver.

Like BBO said unless he re-injured his left shoulder on the fall it looks like it's his right side.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:34 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
The Oilers have been foolishly risking his health, there's no doubt about it. Since it's becoming more and more apparent that this team is still a mess I wouldn't be opposed to him getting surgery and shutting it down for the season.
Are you referring to the fact that he's been playing since the beginning of the season?

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:37 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Can't trust this organization on injuries anymore.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:41 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

RNH is likely also be having that all too common sophomore slump... when players get less sheltered in their second years and are expected to take on even more responsibilities than in their rookie year... sometimes the numbers take a dip. No doubt a nagging injury will have an effect on his play as well.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:45 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Thanks for clearing that up.
Are you going to keep those decorations up until next Christmas?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
mae

RNH is only 19 years old and is one of the faces of the franchise. Do you really think if he had lingering issues that management would continue to throw him out there even when they know the Oil have a small chance of making the playoffs this year? They have to be complete idiots to jeopardize the teams future like that. Although they may have a tendency to alter what's true, I think he'll be just fine. He just needs bigger should pads or to gain 20 lbs...

mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:13 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 View Post
How bad do you think it is and will it affect him long term? I hope not, hes my fav player on the team other than Hall Ebs Yak n Schultz. Thats basically the future core of this team. If he needs rest give him plenty and if its surgery get er done now n rehab then come back next year at 100%

Also lets not do the same mistake that we did with Hall. I understand these kids are competitive n want to play but like I mention their our core n we cant let them regress
lol.. Yeah me too. He's my fav other than Eberle, Hall, Hemsky, Gagner, Yakupov, Jones, Horcoff, Smyth, Petrell, Belanger, Eager, Paajarvi, Hartikainen, Lander, Hordichuck, Petry, Smid, J. Schultz, N. Schultz, Fistric, Whitney, Potter, Peckham, Dubnyk and Khabibulin.

jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:26 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by mae View Post
RNH is only 19 years old and is one of the faces of the franchise. Do you really think if he had lingering issues that management would continue to throw him out there even when they know the Oil have a small chance of making the playoffs this year? They have to be complete idiots to jeopardize the teams future like that. Although they may have a tendency to alter what's true, I think he'll be just fine. He just needs bigger should pads or to gain 20 lbs...
See Hall- Taylor, Horcoff- Shawn, Hemsky- Ales.............

No way they would do that with RNH...............

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:31 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Or these guys have weak shoulders. I also blame hockey Canada and Windsor for Taylor hall since he had that shoulder issue back in junior

But realistically is it the team or the player? Tom Gilbert was an iron man but went to Minny and had to miss a few I think last year. BLAME MINNY

Because you guys just sound funny now pointing the blame at the organization when it could be a number of factors. But I agree, always easier to blame an organization rather than an individual

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Slicknitty
i cry to sleep

vCash: 1341
I think I saw this on HF earlier but oilers management =

I ain't even mad...so used to this sh** every season.

Hope you heal up quick, Nuge!

Slicknitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
He hurt his left shoulder twice last year with two different injuries, he took a crosscheck on the right shoulder from Henrik Sedin last game against Vancouver.

Like BBO said unless he re-injured his left shoulder on the fall it looks like it's his right side.
Someone said he skated off after that hit favouring his shoulder. So if someone can watch another 30 seconds past the play that is posted, it apparently should be evident which shoulder.

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote