HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Devils | 2/5/13 | 6 Goalie System Brah!

View Poll Results: 3 Stars of the Game
The dethroned King 11 6.55%
Del Zaster 31 18.45%
Staalsy wasn't bad! 16 9.52%
McWhat? 3 1.79%
Strawman 13 7.74%
Oh god, it's Gilroy 2 1.19%
Unemployed Stu 12 7.14%
Biron and Eminger 22 13.10%
Gabinvisble 6 3.57%
Nash oh Nash, where art thou 6 3.57%
Beaver 3 1.79%
lol Stepan 2 1.19%
Hags has wheels 16 9.52%
JT Jesus 79 47.02%
Chris... something. he was awesome 86 51.19%
Pyatt the Meh 2 1.19%
Brian Benched 4 2.38%
Aaron Bleed 6 3.57%
Jeff Faceoffman 4 2.38%
The New Guy 20 11.90%
Sullivan 10 5.95%
The 93-94 Rangers 56 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2013, 02:39 PM
  #426
varanger94
Registered User
 
varanger94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Not as bad of a game as most are making it out to be. We looked dominant for the first 5 minutes, but after you fail to capitalize on so many chances early on, letting them score first is bound to be a huge blow to the team.

Some of the positives:
- Kreider looked more comfortable. That shot was wicked. Glad he's on the board.
- Miller looked far better than the last time I had watched him with the Whale. Really brought a lot of great energy to the team. I thought he made a couple of poor decisions with the puck, but overall, he was one of the best players on the ice.
- The PP that featured none of the big guns and had Miller and Stepan on the half-walls was one of the best efforts I've seen this year from this team.

Negatives:
- Richards continues to look terrible. After all of the assurances I received when I was on the fence about signing him, that "fitness nut" stuff seems to be quite the myth. The flu excuse isn't going to fly. Especially when Chris Kunitz is scoring 4 goals in a game while he's sick.
- PP continues to be an abomination. No killer instinct. Just 5 lazy guys not putting in any effort.
- Turnovers. I've never seen a team fumble with the puck this much.
- PK and shot blocking. Apparently this team forgot how to do both.

Plenty to work on. It'll be interesting to see if Miller can maintain this pace, or if he was simply riding the adrenaline for his NHL debut. The player I watched in CT was not an NHLer. He was a different animal on the ice last night.
You nailed it. I'd like to add that one of the PP's problems, even last year, is that Richards loses too many faceoffs in the offensive zone. most PP's are 1 and 1/2 min. long. Lazy is what the PP looked like. A puck came within three feet of Gaborik near the boards and he made no effort to get it. Send a message and start the kids on the PP the next game.

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:39 PM
  #427
MTrangers
Registered User
 
MTrangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Theyre different styles of players though. Its like expecting a Ford Taurus to drive like a Ferrari.

Let Gaborik be Gaborik, and let Nash be Nash.

I dont want Gaborik to try what Nash does, cause he cant. Hes not good at it. Same for Nash. He doesnt have the shot or speed Gaborik does. Vision wise, theyre both great at making plays, but I give the edge to Gaborik there as well because his playmaking and reading the play are very underrated. Nash could use more playmaking, but he holds onto the puck too long. He needs to realize when to do it and when not to.

I still have flashbacks of the time on the PP where Nash just held onto the puck way too long and got burned for it by Torts back at the bench. I was like "when the **** you gonna pass it?"

It just seems like Gaborik (right now) is more of a team player, and Nash is more of a 'just give me the puck so I can bull through everyone to the goal and score' mindset. Im sure Nash will change at some point but right now, im not impressed.
I totally agree they are different players. On the gabs vs Nash poll I voted Gabs not 3 weeks ago. I've just been impressed with Nash and have a strong feeling that when he starts finishing at just an average pace you guys will be in love with him. I just see the big picture. I guess this is where opinions come in. I'd just rather have Nash than Gabs if I had to pick. That simple.

MTrangers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:43 PM
  #428
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Its called "reputation" and you just add points to it.

Theres a forum called city-data that does it and its actually quite good.

If I think your post is good or spot on, or in other words if I wanna rep it, then I just hit a button and after so many, you get rated on a points system that everyone can see. The higher the rank of the user, the more reputable they are. It also lets us know when we are making valid points and what not. You are notified of each rep.
Eh, sounds like something I'd be interested in when I was 15... Then again I do enjoy people liking my statuses on facebook and this is similar.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:43 PM
  #429
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrangers View Post
I totally agree they are different players. On the gabs vs Nash poll I voted Gabs not 3 weeks ago. I've just been impressed with Nash and have a strong feeling that when he starts finishing at just an average pace you guys will be in love with him. I just see the big picture. I guess this is where opinions come in. I'd just rather have Nash than Gabs if I had to pick. That simple.

Id rather have both owning the oppositon.

Im more frustrated with Nash than anything. Hes just not finishing thus far.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:45 PM
  #430
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Eh, sounds like something I'd be interested in when I was 15... Then again I do enjoy people liking my statuses on facebook and this is similar.

Its entirely private though. You cant see who is giving you props for your post, youre just notified and also if they want to comment on said post, they can.

To the public, all they see is your rank. Kinda like the military. The higher the rank, more reputable the user.

People with like, 2,000 posts and barely any reps are obvious trolls.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:52 PM
  #431
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Its entirely private though. You cant see who is giving you props for your post, youre just notified and also if they want to comment on said post, they can.

To the public, all they see is your rank. Kinda like the military. The higher the rank, more reputable the user.

People with like, 2,000 posts and barely any reps are obvious trolls.
I guess some people may enjoy it, I wouldn't really care.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:10 PM
  #432
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,413
vCash: 500
Little late to the patry:

1. We played well. We were a better team.
2. We lost because NJ had a better goalie. Last year Hank would have stopped all 3.
In fact, Marty now plays like last year Lundqvist (lights out), while Henrik reminds last year Broduer (very good).

Kreider-Miller-Callahan

would be a heck of the second line.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:11 PM
  #433
Ian
Mike York fan club
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
Not sure what is worse -- the PP positioning or the defensive zone position.

I haven't seen this many players pulled behind the net, or wingers so far away from wide-open defenders since I played in a mite league. I understand part of the shot-blocking system is to drop back a bit, but even on free pucks in the corners/behind the net, the entire team is looking to collapse on it (and still no one is strong enough on the puck to take it). All three of those goals (and what probably should have been another 1-2) were caused by guys just collapsing on the puck and not paying attention.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:34 PM
  #434
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Little late to the patry:

1. We played well. We were a better team.
2. We lost because NJ had a better goalie. Last year Hank would have stopped all 3.
In fact, Marty now plays like last year Lundqvist (lights out), while Henrik reminds last year Broduer (very good).

Kreider-Miller-Callahan

would be a heck of the second line.
Yep, if Stepan and Hagelin get their heads out of their ***** we can have a top 9 of players of Nash, Richards, Gaborik, Hagelin, Stepan, Pyatt, Kreider, Miller, and Callahan. All are legit top 9 guys. That's one thing that keeps me from killing myself.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:35 PM
  #435
Vidic15
Registered User
 
Vidic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Not sure what is worse -- the PP positioning or the defensive zone position.

I haven't seen this many players pulled behind the net, or wingers so far away from wide-open defenders since I played in a mite league. I understand part of the shot-blocking system is to drop back a bit, but even on free pucks in the corners/behind the net, the entire team is looking to collapse on it (and still no one is strong enough on the puck to take it). All three of those goals (and what probably should have been another 1-2) were caused by guys just collapsing on the puck and not paying attention.
Numerous people on here and twitter have seen what you're saying about the defensive zone coverage, yet Torts hasn't. Something is seriously wrong with this picture. Judging by Torts' comments today, it seems like he hasn't a clue what he's doing wrong. I hope Sather is starting to look at other candidates for coach

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:37 PM
  #436
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,095
vCash: 500
If there is one thing I can't even begin to understand it is the HATE for Gabby on here.


Unreal

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:53 PM
  #437
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nash can use the body all he wants. He's not scoring goals. Hugely disappointed with him thus far.
He was never good to begin with.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:57 PM
  #438
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
He was never good to begin with.
Nash was never good? I've heard it all. If you want to say he was overrated, but not good? Are we making stuff up now?

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:01 PM
  #439
MTrangers
Registered User
 
MTrangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
Why are people putting Miller, a 19 year old who has played one game, on the second line ahead of Stepan? Miller would be an ideal 3C. Maybe down the road move him up.

MTrangers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:12 PM
  #440
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
If there is one thing I can't even begin to understand it is the HATE for Gabby on here.


Unreal
I can't understand why there isn't more of it.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:15 PM
  #441
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I can't understand why there isn't more of it.
Yea, a guy who's scored 100+ goals in his three seasons as a ranger. Lets hate his guts. He has been our only semblance of offense since signing here, other than kreider in the playoffs last season.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:18 PM
  #442
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Nash was never good? I've heard it all. If you want to say he was overrated, but not good? Are we making stuff up now?
Because he has an anti-Nash agenda and/or something to prove. I feel Nash was overrated. I was hesitant about the trade and when it was made I said "oh well, maybe it will be awesome" and I have been cautiously optimistic and cheering for Nash since. I know you and I are arguing about Nash deal in the other thread, but I'm not anti-Nash in anyway. I just think, hindsight being what it is, unless Nash still has a LOT more to show, he was overrated and won't ultimately be worth it. I like him. I think he's overpaid. I don't mind him on the team. I did think he was overrated and am feeling that it's turning out to be true.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:52 PM
  #443
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Nash was never good? I've heard it all. If you want to say he was overrated, but not good? Are we making stuff up now?
What if I told you Martin Havlat has a higher PPG than Rick Nash.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:56 PM
  #444
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
What if I told you Martin Havlat has a higher PPG than Rick Nash.
I'd tell you that, if Martin Havlat didn't have health issues, he'd still be a relevant star player in this league.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:01 PM
  #445
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I'd tell you that, if Martin Havlat didn't have health issues, he'd still be a relevant star player in this league.
Even when he played healthy, he never got the media exposure as a franchise player like Nash did. Both players are far from franchise talents, yet one is considered to be an superstar by the media and fans.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:06 PM
  #446
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Even when he played healthy, he never got the media exposure as a franchise player like Nash did. Both players are far from franchise talents, yet one is considered to be an superstar by the media and fans.
Nash is North American. Havlat would have become a player with similar recognition to Hossa if he had been healthy his whole career. He was getting there a few years back but it all went downhill when he started getting injured every 3 months.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:15 PM
  #447
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Nash is North American. Havlat would have become a player with similar recognition to Hossa if he had been healthy his whole career. He was getting there a few years back but it all went downhill when he started getting injured every 3 months.
I've never seen Havlat hyped up as a franchise player, even when he put up career numbers with the Hawks and Sens.

Hemsky's numbers are also quite similar to Nash. He gets trashed liked he's garbage on the main trade forum. Even the Calgary Flames twitter account wrote how overpaid he is.

I haven't seen the same for Nash. He is honestly the most overrated player in the world and has been for nearly a decade. My opinions formulated of him was way before he joined the Rangers. I always felt the media pumped his tires too much for his underwhelming production. TOP 10 Forward in the league? Please, he's never been that one season in his career.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:17 PM
  #448
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,187
vCash: 500
I think Nash is overrated. I think you have developed a personal vendetta and the proportions to which you want to trash him outweigh the amount he is overrated by.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:21 PM
  #449
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I think Nash is overrated. I think you have developed a personal vendetta and the proportions to which you want to trash him outweigh the amount he is overrated by.
Sure, I'd like him to play like a Lindros in his prime, but he is closer to Ryan Smyth. AKA not worth the price of admission and assets that were given up in return. I was a fan of Anisimov and Erixon and the 1st is in a very deep draft and I don't think Nash is the guy you turn it over for. So yes you are correct, I am still butthurt over the trade and I dislike Rick Nash on this team at his salary.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:27 PM
  #450
Vidic15
Registered User
 
Vidic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Sure, I'd like him to play like a Lindros in his prime, but he is closer to Ryan Smyth. AKA not worth the price of admission and assets that were given up in return. I was a fan of Anisimov and Erixon and the 1st is in a very deep draft and I don't think Nash is the guy you turn it over for. So yes you are correct, I am still butthurt over the trade and I dislike Rick Nash on this team at his salary.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2013-nh...0848--nhl.html

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.