HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pronger officially a Quack (merged)

Old
07-03-2006, 06:34 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
do u kno who smid is? Petiot is no where near Smid and u just make yourself look like a fool when you spout off stuff like that. And I would even argue that Lupul has more value then Brown as well. Except for being an exceptional hitter, Brown has yet to show he can score and be anymore then a 3rd liner with heart.

I think an equivalent value to what the ducks gave up was Kopitar + Frolov + 1st + conditional 1st + 3rd pick.

And I agree with Osprey, two defensemen of this magnitude is pretty much unheard of. These guys can shut down the blue line and score on us at the same time. Last time I felt this sick was when Kariya and Selanne signed with the Avs. Thank God that turned out like garbage.

Unfortuantely, I don't see the same happening here with the Ducks.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 07:12 PM
rijo261

What sticks out in this is the brilliance of Kevin Lowe.

He has traded Brewer, Woywitka and Lynch for:

Lupul
Smid
A 1st
A maybe 1st
A 2nd
A year of Pronger that nearly brought a SC

rijo261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Before everyone starts handing the cup to Anaheim, keep in mind that this is a team, that IMO is still lacking in forwards.

I'll wager anyone that neither McDonald or Selanne come close to the clip they had last season, especially McDonald, the guy goes from a 30 pt player to 85 pts overnight. I think he has alot to prove.

Obviously they have two of the best d-man in the world, but they lost a guy who I think will be a 40 goal man very soon.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Before everyone starts handing the cup to Anaheim, keep in mind that this is a team, that IMO is still lacking in forwards.

I'll wager anyone that neither McDonald or Selanne come close to the clip they had last season, especially McDonald, the guy goes from a 30 pt player to 85 pts overnight. I think he has alot to prove.

Obviously they have two of the best d-man in the world, but they lost a guy who I think will be a 40 goal man very soon.
Mac and Teemu will be tested next season becuases every team will key on them. However, the Ducks have:

Getzlaf
Perry
Penner
Chistov-if he signs

on the next few lines. The scoring should come.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:45 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Mac and Teemu will be tested next season becuases every team will key on them. However, the Ducks have:

Getzlaf
Perry
Penner
Chistov-if he signs

on the next few lines. The scoring should come.

True, but don't start putting your names on the SC yet- anything could happen to the team as well as other teams during the course of the season and the playoffs. On paper it looks GREAT, but sometimes life and other events that are out of anyone's control, even Burke's, intervene. Great signing though.

Last edited by ILuvLA: 07-03-2006 at 09:52 PM.
ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA View Post
True, but don't start putting your names on the SC yet- anything could happen to the team as well as other teams during the course of the season and the playoffs. On paper it looks GREAT, but sometimes life and other events that are out of anyone's control, even Burke's, intervene. Great signing though.
The Stanley Cup is a looong ways off, and the Ducks have some holes to fill and need a couple guys' signatures first. After that, THEN we can have the cup mailed to us, hopefully by September 1st.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 02:45 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

what terrible news for Kings fans...

Pronger and Neids, the two best Dman in the league today, on the ice for 28-30 mins each night....thats half a game of shut down D....we can only hope to skate circles around O'Donnell whenever he steps on the ice

seems like gigeurre might be traded which frees cap room...but i wonder if the Ducks feel completely confident in bryzgalov...it'll be an awful waste to invest so much in the D when the Goalie lets in a softie each night

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 05:32 AM
Goallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
I'm just pissed that the moderator who merged the thread left the "Quacks" headline, though I am credited with starting the thread. That's just rude. (and done intentionally to pi55 me off.)
I suggest as therapy going to the Ducks' board and starting a scathingly deriding thread about "Queens."

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 05:51 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post

And I agree with Osprey, two defensemen of this magnitude is pretty much unheard of. These guys can shut down the blue line and score on us at the same time. Last time I felt this sick was when Kariya and Selanne signed with the Avs. Thank God that turned out like garbage.
recent memory brings in names like ...

lydstrom & chelios...macinnis and pronger...

its happened before where 2 norris trophy winners got together to play for 1 team. the above combination of players have been together for years yet they totalled just 1 stanley cup.

07-04-2006, 12:27 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFan24 View Post
I suggest as therapy going to the Ducks' board and starting a scathingly deriding thread about "Queens."
yeah, that's brilliant. are you 12?

I've put a lot of money out there into the Kings coffers since 1975-76, and I don't feel I've ever really gotten a good return on investment. Of course the year they went to the finals I was living in NY, and then moved back out here two seasons later and the Rangers won the cup, so that period has always been an issue, but derisive name calling of teams, I leave that to children.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 01:01 PM
MightyAdam

Quote:

I've put a lot of money out there into the Kings coffers since 1975-76, and I don't feel I've ever really gotten a good return on investment. Of course the year they went to the finals I was living in NY, and then moved back out here two seasons later and the Rangers won the cup, so that period has always been an issue, but derisive name calling of teams, I leave that to children.
Its time for you to convert to the Ducks, a team that will give you plenty of return for your investment!

MightyAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Goallum

Quote:

No, I'm 31.

So you're above derisive name-calling of teams, ok. What about derisive name calling of fellow posters?

This may get a bit off topic, but I'd like to reply to your return on investment comment.

Here's the thing, Tubby. I respect your hockey knowledge, as it applies to things both on and off the ice. I appreciate all the things you did while back on LGK, such as your coverage of the '03 draft in Nashville, interviews, articles, etc. I'm sincerely appreciative of that.

Also, I understand your frustration with the Kings. What I don't understand, however, is your constant snide remarks (1) against the Kings' fans, not only those on LGK, but on this board too, and (2) against the Kings (which, when made by you, seldom read like constructive criticism anymore, but more often appear as calculated to incite your fellow posters who are Kings' fans).

Yes, this organization has not served us well, and perhaps no one has suffered more than old timers like you or PSP. But I don't think it is a reason enough to be constantly trying to dip our collective heads in the great big puddle of pee that is the Kings past, and perhaps the immediate future, with your invariable negativity toward the Kings and ostentatious exuberance over anything having to do with the Ducks.

Remember, it's the Kings who screwed you, not me, not any other poster. There are ways to criticise the Kings without having your criticism reek of self-righteousness, and it is my sincere disappointment that one of the more knowledgeable Kings posters (not even sure if I can call you Kings fan) is unable or unwilling to take that approach.

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 02:53 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Perhaps him and Derek Lowe can become good friends...
Its not like you can blame Lowe for hitting that....

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:04 PM
jfont

Awards:
personal chatter should go to PM...that goes to kingsfan24 and tubby.

jfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Osprey

Very good post, Kingfan24.

BTW, Tubby, the first post is yours, so you should have edit privileges on the title. Edit that post and click on the "Go Advanced" button, which will display the title for you to change.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote