HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Myers

Old
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Would something like Nemeth+2nd+Vincour be even close for a good start?

Or is it more like... Proven NHLer plus pick?
Not close, Myers isn't moving in the near future. It would need to be a key piece from Dallas for arguments sake

1972 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:07 PM
DaAnimal

I know sabres fans are frustrated with him but I'd keep him. I saw a couple of your games this season. He still has the mojo and it's difficult to find defenders with that frame. Keep him!

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
MayDayMayDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Do you think Buffalo would want a top-six forward in return or would prospects do just as well? Because there's speculation on the Detroit board that Tatar is being recalled to showcase him for a trade and Detroit was scouting the recent FLA vs. BUF game. And according to TZE from the Wings board, the Sabres are big fans of Sheahan and were disappointed that Detroit drafted him. So maybe they'd want him? I'm not really sure, just speculation:

Tatar + Sheahan + 1st/2nd/3rd for Myers?

Don't know if I'd want Detroit to do this as our center prospect depth is pretty weak. But I could see something like this being offered by KH. And its also very likely Detroit was scouting Weiss from Florida.
I think this is the most likely scenario. I've wanted Stephen Weiss in Buffalo for like 5 years now haha.

Myers would be a king's ransom (Filppula, Jurco, Frk/Sheahan and a 1st), but outside of that, I absolutely think you've gotta give him the chance to work his way out of it.

MayDayMayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Not close, Myers isn't moving in the near future. It would need to be a key piece from Dallas for arguments sake
Cool, thanks.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Domino11

Montreal would offer to buffalo

Beaulieu + Galagher + 2round vs Myers

You get a blue chip dman prospect
Young winger that as shown since the beginning of the season he could play
2 round in a deep draft that could end up been a 30 to 40 pick since mtl will give u the choice of there own , cgl pick or nsh pick

I think it a good offer

Or Beaulieu + Leblanc + kristo vs Myers

Blue chip dman
Young centre that could play wing former 1 round in 2009
A young right winger that is a B prospect and could be ready to be in the league next year

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:24 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Nick Schultz, 1st, Paajarvi

If I were Buffalo, I would not give up on him.

But if they want a high pick in a deep draft and a steady D, go for it.
It's a bit to give up but I would do it as an oilers fan. Are other teams seriously offering 2nd or 3rd round picks plus lesser prospects for Myers?

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:59 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Montreal would offer to buffalo

Beaulieu + Galagher + 2round vs Myers

You get a blue chip dman prospect
Young winger that as shown since the beginning of the season he could play
2 round in a deep draft that could end up been a 30 to 40 pick since mtl will give u the choice of there own , cgl pick or nsh pick

I think it a good offer

Or Beaulieu + Leblanc + kristo vs Myers

Blue chip dman
Young centre that could play wing former 1 round in 2009
A young right winger that is a B prospect and could be ready to be in the league next year
No interest in Beaulieu or Gallagher. (Beaulieu has been terrible in the AHL whenever I've watched him, and we don't need more small forwards). Also not really interested in trading Myers in the division. If Montreal wanted him, Regier is asking for Galchenyuk+. I'm sure Habs fans say no, but unless that's the starting point, I don't see a deal there.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
No interest in Beaulieu or Gallagher. (Beaulieu has been terrible in the AHL whenever I've watched him, and we don't need more small forwards). Also not really interested in trading Myers in the division. If Montreal wanted him, Regier is asking for Galchenyuk+. I'm sure Habs fans say no, but unless that's the starting point, I don't see a deal there.
lolwut ?

Vanek is the only player on the sabres who might warrant that. Montreal doesn't need a 6'8 soft, terrible defensively defenseman who seems to have lost his offensive touch.

Sabres are better off keeping him and hoping he turns it around. No one is going to pay an outrageous amount for that guy for the play he's had this season and last.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:36 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Lolwut.

At this point their value is likely even. In 2 years their values are likely nowhere near that, Gally is going to be a #1 guy someday, i cannot say the same for Myers anymore.

If you are trading away Myers, expect a young player around the same age in return, not a 19 yo rookie.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Lolwut.

At this point their value is likely even. In 2 years their values are likely nowhere near that, Gally is going to be a #1 guy someday, i cannot say the same for Myers anymore.

If you are trading away Myers, expect a young player around the same age in return, not a 19 yo rookie.
who knows

1972 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:40 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
lolwut ?

Vanek is the only player on the sabres who might warrant that. Montreal doesn't need a 6'8 soft, terrible defensively defenseman who seems to have lost his offensive touch.

Sabres are better off keeping him and hoping he turns it around. No one is going to pay an outrageous amount for that guy for the play he's had this season and last.
Is what I've been saying for forever and why we're not moving him for any of the packages of mediocre pieces other teams' fans have been offering. If we sell low and he pans out, we lose big time. If we keep him and he pans out, we have an elite defender. If we keep him and he doesn't pan out, then we end up selling low a few years from now and don't get burned miserably for doing so.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:01 PM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Lolwut.

Don't you see the irony there? Myers was going to be a perennial Norris guy after his rookie season too.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Habs fan chiming in.

First, Beaulieu, Gallagher, and a 2nd is not a garbage deal, but it does not address the Sabres' needs. The players offered are valuable, but not the right players for the Sabres needs. I just wish some people would learn the right way to phrase rejections for crying out flaming loud.

Second, Galchenyuk looks great, but is not yet worth Tyler Myers in a trade. Think about whether Montreal would accept Galchenyuk straight up for Subban. As a Habs fan, I would rather keep Subban. Well, Myers has Subban like value to the Sabres. That being said, Galchenyuk is worth more to the Habs right now than Myers would be, so he is a non-starter. If the Sabres were to trade Myers, they would not be in the driver's seat to such a degree that they could make that kind of demand.

Third, Myers has NOT progressed over the last couple of season, he has regressed. As such, his value HAS decreased from what it was after his first season. That is a simple reality that should not be seen as an insult. The Sabres SHOULD hold onto him because he has plenty of years left to develop. Seriously, Chara didn't get to where he is now until around his 6th NHL season! Time and patience are required. The reality of establishing his trade value, if we are going to talk hypotheticals, is based on both his potential and his current regression. So, his value is about:

2013 1st, solid prospect/young player, good prospect

From the Habs it would have to be something like

Tinordi, 2013 1st, Leblanc. Something like that, although other, similar pieces could be used based on Sabres' fans ideas about team needs. I am not saying such a deal is a 100% slam dunk, but it is probably around where his trade value, due to his combination of potential versus actual regression, lies.

As a Habs fan, I would be torn if we made such a trade, although I firmly believe you have to give quality to get quality. Although I am the one putting the offer out there, I would lean against such a deal because of what I see as Tinordi's potential and the value of the 2013 draft class. Still, it would sem like the closest thing to a fair deal that I can wrap my head around.

I leave it to other fans to chime in.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:23 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Wouldn't make sense to trade him when his value is lowest. How often do you see these types of players traded anyways?

He needs to regain his confidence, he looked slick last night besides one or two minor turnovers.

couture23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Rschmitz

To Buffalo:
Eric Brewer
Brett Connolly

To TB:
Tyler Myers +

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:52 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

How about:

To Tampa:
Myers

To Buffalo:
Teddy Purcell (Top line winger)
Mark Barberio (Close to NHL ready Prospect, Offensive dman, won AHL Dman of the year last season)
Brian Lee (Bottom pairing right handed Dman)

Most of the value is in Purcell/Barberio, Lee is there just to balance the rosters a bit.

Not saying I'd do it, I like Purcell and Barberio too much to trade them, but that seems like fair value from Tampa?

EDIT: IMO, Buffalo should keep Myers. Trading him now would be a huge mistake.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:07 PM
sham3440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
To Buffalo:
Eric Brewer
Brett Connolly

To TB:
Tyler Myers +
Buffalo counters with the following:
To TB:
Tyler Ennis
Jordan Leopold

To Buffalo:
Victor Hedman +

sham3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:17 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
To Buffalo:
Eric Brewer
Brett Connolly

To TB:
Tyler Myers +
Why would we be adding a + ?

couture23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:23 PM
TheyAreGoodScaryGood

Quote:
To Buffalo:
Eric Brewer
Brett Connolly

To TB:
Tyler Myers +
The + amuses me

TheyAreGoodScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
The thing is, he's regressed significantly every year since his rookie year. He's not just going through normal slumps (I completely expect that with pretty much any young player)-Ruff's trying to make him into something he's not, and it's majorly screwing up his game.
So it has nothing to do with Meyers? all Ruffs fault?

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:31 PM
JPurp26

Myers, Stafford, Leopold, 1st round pick for Shea Weber

Nashville adds some scoring, gets a top notch replacement for Weber in young Myers and a 1st round pick in a deep draft, also depth at D in Leopold.
I realize he can not be traded for a year though due to his matching of an offersheet.

JPurp26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Myers is still worth a lot. It would be premature to judge him based on 7-8 games after a lengthy lock-out.

The problem with HF is when a kid comes into the league and puts up 40 points they expect him to become a 60 point dman or see him dominate even further. What we've been seeing is that some of these kids come into the league well prepared and don't progress much beyond there initial season. Myers, Schenn are good examples of this and there are plenty more. There is a levelling off we see. The only exception to that I've seen is Karlson. Pietrangelo has certainly emerged but came into the league off a lengthy injury.

The question is what's Myers worth if he plays like his rookie season. A lot - and I think it's likely he'll return to that form. Giving up on young players like this is often a mistake.
Wait, what? Pietrangelo stayed in junior for 2 seasons...but wasn't injured long-term. He's had a couple of minor things, but nothing to make him miss extended time.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Myers, Stafford, Leopold, 1st round pick for Shea Weber

Nashville adds some scoring, gets a top notch replacement for Weber in young Myers and a 1st round pick in a deep draft, also depth at D in Leopold.
I realize he can not be traded for a year though due to his matching of an offersheet.
Myers + Grigerenko + Girgensons + a couple of 1sts for Weber?

Honestly he's not really for sale, but how would you feel about that trade?

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Dfnswnschmpnshps

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Myers for Couture

Myers for D. Brown and Voynov
doubtful

Dfnswnschmpnshps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Myers + Grigerenko + Girgensons + a couple of 1sts for Weber?

Honestly he's not really for sale, but how would you feel about that trade?
So basically 5 firsts?

That seems rough even for Weber mostly because of that contract. I cannot believe the Preds would sign Weber to such a ridiculous deal!

Broad Street Elite is online now   Reply With Quote