HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rights to Mats Zuccarello

Old
02-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Joey Bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Loktionov is younger, has an NHL contract, NHL size and plays a more valuable position.
Still think you can get a 5th out of Zuccarello, though. His size would be the only non factor.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:45 PM
bigwoz62

Maybe 2...

bigwoz62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Future considerations or a conditional 7th in 2014.

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:56 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

While I don't think he was handled properly within the Rangers organization, I don't think he did much to help his cause. In the right scenario he could possibly be an effective NHL player.

However, the reality of it is that his value is next to nothing and teams looking for an offensive shot in the arm will most likely make big moves before trading any such sort of asset for him.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:59 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Many seem to forget that Zucca put up reasonable numbers for Rangers (in his first year), while playing limited minutes and often with bottomliners who were less effective.

I would easily give up a 5th rounder and/or a career AHLer for him. His potential is undoubtedly there, and how many of these 5th rounders pan out anyway. In the right team and atmosphere he could easily become a top6 player averaging 50 points.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Many seem to forget that Zucca put up reasonable numbers for Rangers (in his first year), while playing limited minutes and often with bottomliners who were less effective.

I would easily give up a 5th rounder and/or a career AHLer for him. His potential is undoubtedly there, and how many of these 5th rounders pan out anyway. In the right team and atmosphere he could easily become a top6 player averaging 50 points.
Exactly

Old
02-06-2013, 06:18 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Detroit might have a contract buried in Toledo they'd move for him, but that's about it.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:22 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
While I don't think he was handled properly within the Rangers organization, I don't think he did much to help his cause. In the right scenario he could possibly be an effective NHL player.

However, the reality of it is that his value is next to nothing and teams looking for an offensive shot in the arm will most likely make big moves before trading any such sort of asset for him.
This ^ is generous.
Someone injury ravaged, looking for a body late in the season, hoping to catch lightning in a bottle might take a chance, but that's it.

Zuc is talented up to a point on offensive moves and dekes, etc., and is great if you are giving him penalty shots for your team (rare) and he is relatively mobile, but he is not NHL fast enough to generate the speed he needs to show off those moves. He gets shut down, and can't prevail vs. bigger, stronger faster NHL types.

I take what we can get, which I expect is nothing.
Use the contract spot otherwise next time.

Hang in there, (OP) JB, keep trying...

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Vitto79

I believe the plan is to sign Zuccarello after his KHL season is over so he could play for the Rangers this yr...........prospects Fast and Lindberg are doing great in the SEL so they are options too.

They COULD deal Zuccarello but hes likely worth more as depth on the Rangers

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I believe the plan is to sign Zuccarello after his KHL season is over so he could play for the Rangers this yr...........prospects Fast and Lindberg are doing great in the SEL so they are options too.

They COULD deal Zuccarello but hes likely worth more as depth on the Rangers
This I can expect. I see them doing this because Sather did mention that he wanted him to be a part of the organization.
http://snyrangersblog.com/former-ran...h-the-rangers/