HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal-Colorado

Old
02-06-2013, 06:04 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I'm good with any Kaberle deal for Hunwick/Zanon/SOB sort of deal. Hunwick would be preferred just so Sacco quits putting him on the top pairing.
Rotfl, yeah Hunwick would be great if Sacco used him right.

I would take a chance on just about any offensive left handed defender at this point, even Liles... Kabs is interesting

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:15 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Rotfl, yeah Hunwick would be great if Sacco used him right.

I would take a chance on just about any offensive left handed defender at this point, even Liles... Kabs is interesting
The only right way to use Hunwick is to sit him in the pressbox and wait until his contract expires.

I'd trade him for Kaberle without a second thought. The Avs have 20 players under contract for next seasons and roughly $17m in cap space. Even if O'Reilly is signed for $5m a year, there's still room to handle the extra $2.65m cap hit for Kaberle over Hunwick.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:17 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
That 17+ million in cap space the Avs have next year won't accommodate 4.25?
Sure, the Avs could fit him in IF they want him. The question is the return. Gaustad and Gill, being UFA's, could be traded to any playoff team that wanted them. Not every team is able to absorb that cap hit for next year so there won't be a bidding war for him. He may indeed be movable to Colorado, but they could have him for less than a 2nd if they wanted him IMO.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Hugo Sham

Eller, Calgary's 2nd, Kaberle (or Y. Weber) for ROR

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:53 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Eller, Calgary's 2nd, Kaberle (or Y. Weber) for ROR
Eller, Montreal's 2013 1st and Kristo was offered in another thread. Swap Kristo for Weber and it might be tempting.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
Eller, Montreal's 2013 1st and Kristo was offered in another thread. Swap Kristo for Weber and it might be tempting.
are you ****ing kidding? Has ROR outperformed Eller by that much? Eller is two years older, much bigger and had only 2 less goals last year as he continues to develop too. Forget the first...i might consider Kristo - who may win the Hobey B this year BUT if you want eller, kristo and a 2nd for ROR - you better be adding something too

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:04 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Avsfan09 original statement is a bit of an exaggeration "surprisingly good" is pushing it. Borderleau is nothing more than a 4th line fighter. He has been decent at this role, he has taken a few too many silly penalties. But he has been tolerable. Ideally he'd only play in games where you thought you might need a fighter, other than that he should be riding the pine.
Guy plays the fourth line role to a T. He makes the right and simple decision everytime. For a fourth liner, yeah he has been great. I don't know what more you expect.

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Would add a 3rd for you to take Hunwick off our hands.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post
Would add a 3rd for you to take Hunwick off our hands.
Why would you do that? That's dumb... almost as dumb as that ROR for Frolik proposal.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:18 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
are you ****ing kidding? Has ROR outperformed Eller by that much? Eller is two years older, much bigger and had only 2 less goals last year as he continues to develop too. Forget the first...i might consider Kristo - who may win the Hobey B this year BUT if you want eller, kristo and a 2nd for ROR - you better be adding something too
lol Eller is awesome but O'Reilly brings a lot more than just goals. Absolutely ridiculous to think Eller compares.

I still wouldn't do the trade but the value is fair. Our C depth is too deep right now, I'd much rather get a Top-9 winger (with grit) to play with the Gallys. Think of a Sean Bergeinheim.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

I wouldn't trade Hunwick for Kaberle ... (wow, Kaberle has really fallen off the face of the Earth)

The only player I would trade for him is SOB.

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:22 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
It's not a surprise for peoples who watched him in the ahl.It's why a wanted him....
I'm not gunna lie, when I watched the monsters I focused a lot more on Barrie/Elliott/Gaunce, but Bordy's looked a lot better for the Avs than he ever looked to me in LEM.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote