HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
You DO KNOW that Sutter is a 3rd line defensive center and only put up 20 points LESS than your supposedly amazing "top 6 winger" in Kulemin... RIGHT!?

Sutter >>> Kulemin when you factor in what he bring to the pens (age, cap, role, PK, etc. etc.)

I get it that there is little to nothing to be really excited about in Toronto with the Leafs, but lets me real here people when discussing hockey trades.
Ha.

Kulemin would be a 30-40 goal scorer with Malkin.

I don't care how good Sutter is for you, he's a 3rd line C. Replace him with anyone who plays some D (doesnt have to be at his level) and that's a huge improvement to the overall roster

Old
02-06-2013, 05:51 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Oh please. Get over yourself. The point I was making is that a trade with the two players involved is not laughable.
But yes, really it is. It's downright hilarious actually after you tossed out that GEM of "evidence"!

Old
02-06-2013, 05:52 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Any deal is going to be a mixture of futures with a salary dump if need be. Dump has to be on an expiring contract.
Why would the Leafs have any interest in futures? Kulemin is only 26 and has a 30 goal season under his belt.

Old
MakeTheIronSing

pouliot or maata or harrington

Old
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Pens will always be interested in Kulemin as long as Malkin's around. I don't see a deal to be made for the asking prices on here though. Sutter certainly isn't going anywhere.

Old
12345*

Nonis in no rush. I'm sure we'll get adequate value if he's traded. Kulemin and Malkin have a proven relationship and known chemistry. That won't be cheap to acquire - especially since we are a lottery team and have no urgency to trade a player of his caliber.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:53 PM
JackJ

Quote:
But yes, really it is. It's downright hilarious actually after you tossed out that GEM of "evidence"!
Bingo!

and this coming from an actual Leafs fan.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:53 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Yeah, Sutter ain't gettin' dealt anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Ha.

Maybe Kulemin should get back to scoring on a consistent basis before claims like those are made.

Quote:
I don't care how good Sutter is for you, he's a 3rd line C. Replace him with anyone who plays some D (doesnt have to be at his level) and that's a huge improvement to the overall roster
And you're clueless...

Old
02-06-2013, 05:54 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Ha.

Sutter isn't going anywhere. Shero would rather see Sid/Geno struggle in the playoffs to score than abandon his 3C model.

I'm sold on Kulemin/Malkin/Neal being the best line in the league if the trade came to be.

Would Niskanen interest Leafs fans? I don't know where their blue line is at right now.

Old
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycanada87 View Post
Why are we talking about Sutter for? i doubt he is in the talks. Im thinking Kennedy and a pick for Kule.
Why would the Leafs trade a player who they have no interest in trading unless they get what they want? The Leafs have good D prospects, they need centreman.

They aren't going to make a trade to help Pittsburgh, they'll make a deal to help themselves. Why take Kennedy whose a 3rd liner? They're overflowing with 2nd and 3rd line wingers.

Is that late first going to be a better player then Kulemin? Possibly, but the Leafs haven't done well gambling in recent years. I'd be surprised to see Kulemin traded for futures.

Lets not forget, Burke made a bonehead trade when he first took the reigns, I doubt Nonis does the same.

Leafs would want Sutter for Kulemin. The Pens shouldn't and wouldn't do that, so I can't see Kulemin in a Pens uni anytime soon.

Old
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Ha.

Heard that same crap before about Poni...

Old
02-06-2013, 05:55 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

As much as I love Kulemin, I'd deal him if a 1st was included..

Old
02-06-2013, 05:56 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
Bingo!

and this coming from an actual Leafs fan.
Thank you it's nice to see when people take off their homer glasses and talk actual value.

I really try to be fair or even slightly over-pay when proposing trade threads etc.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:56 PM
wej20

Quote:
Ha.

just like Ponikarovsky right? If you think Kulie will score 30 with Malkin and Neal that would add up to 110 goals for that line (assuming 40 each for Geno and Neal) when was the last time that happened? which is the last line to have 3 30+ goal scorers on it?

Old
02-06-2013, 05:57 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Point totals count my friend. So does defensive play,position they play,how they work in a dressing room,ect..... What's laughable is you down playing kulemin as a player.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:57 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Honestly this could be because I am a huge supporter of Kulemin but Sutter is who I would want in return. I understand why Pitts would say no but he is the only one I ever really see drive the net constantly and we kind of need those guys.
I don't get why leafs would want Sutter. He's a 3C, wouldn't be more than that on leafs, who need a #1.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
As much as I love Kulemin, I'd deal him if a 1st was included..
I think the Pens would give their 1st. What the + would be is probably the deal breaker for either side.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

leafs are small enough upfront as it is. they need kulemin's size and two way game badly so unless there's an upgrade coming back he'll be staying put for now.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:59 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Kulemin has 3 goals over his last 38 games, how on earth can he command a no.1 pick? dude has 11 goals in his last 80 games. I wouldn't give a 3rd line center for a 3rd line winger

Old
02-06-2013, 05:59 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I think the Pens would give their 1st. What the + would be is probably the deal breaker for either side.
Tangradi & 1st is my abs MAX I would offer to take a chance on him not becoming Poni 2.0

Old
02-06-2013, 06:00 PM
goleafsgo87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Point totals count my friend. So does defensive play,position they play,how they work in a dressing room,ect..... What's laughable is you down playing kulemin as a player.
I know right. If Kulemin was on a team like the panthers people would be like omg best player so underated like how they were about Jbo being underated i always knew jbo sucked and as soon as he went to calgary ppl seen his true colors i already knew he sucked when he was with the panthers. Way people are Leafs could have crosby on there team and he would be worth just a 1st round pick on hf boards people on these boards love to hate on a team that hasnt won since 67 and never made the playoffs since 2004 like picking on the weak don't you guys go pick on other teams that are a threat you big tough guys.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:01 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Ha.

I think Kulemin would be perfect for Malkin's line, but throwing that out there doesn't make it true. He'd be a complimentary piece. And if he did score 30-40, I'm guessing that some of that production would come from Neal's totals, not created out of thin air.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Sutter isn't going anywhere. Shero would rather see Sid/Geno struggle in the playoffs to score than abandon his 3C model.

I'm sold on Kulemin/Malkin/Neal being the best line in the league if the trade came to be.

Would Niskanen interest Leafs fans? I don't know where their blue line is at right now.
Frankly, i think it would need to be 2 honest shots for 1 that already is.

Pick/prospect mix that would give 2 honest shots at NHL quality players for one that already is and has shown the ability to pot 30/30 type season.

I can't think anything else would motivate DN to move a player that he is not shopping around.

Maybe Sutter, but i know Pitt would have no interest in that.

I stick to a 1rst and solid prospect.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:02 PM
JackJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Only plus could be a salary dump or spare part.

EDIT: Craig Adams or Eric Tangradi

Old
02-06-2013, 06:03 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
just like Ponikarovsky right? If you think Kulie will score 30 with Malkin and Neal that would add up to 110 goals for that line (assuming 40 each for Geno and Neal) when was the last time that happened? which is the last line to have 3 30+ goal scorers on it?
To be fair, Kulemin is significantly better than Poni - at least the Poni that the Pens got. Ponikarovsky brought little to no effort and brought down whatever line he was one. Kulemin, while he has had trouble putting the puck in the net, can still be extremely effective whenever he's on the ice. I just think the whole "Player X would score X amount of goals next to Malkin/Crosby" is a ******** argument.

Closed Thread