HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 07:04 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Why would the Leafs trade a player who they have no interest in trading unless they get what they want? The Leafs have good D prospects, they need centreman.

They aren't going to make a trade to help Pittsburgh, they'll make a deal to help themselves. Why take Kennedy whose a 3rd liner? They're overflowing with 2nd and 3rd line wingers.

Is that late first going to be a better player then Kulemin? Possibly, but the Leafs haven't done well gambling in recent years. I'd be surprised to see Kulemin traded for futures.

Lets not forget, Burke made a bonehead trade when he first took the reigns, I doubt Nonis does the same.

Leafs would want Sutter for Kulemin. The Pens shouldn't and wouldn't do that, so I can't see Kulemin in a Pens uni anytime soon.
But the Leafs need a top6, hell a top line centerman. Sutter isn`t one. I honestly canīt see what has them so hung up on Sutter. Would he be an improvement over Bozak or McClement on the thrid line? Sure. Would he be the long sought solution to center Kessel? Definitely not. The Leafs in their 1LC chase have amassed so many 2/3 line centers that itīs strange they now think they need yet another one.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:05 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

really so malkin is going to make a 10 goal guy into a 30-40 goal guy? maybe if he banks 10 pucks off him a game

Old
02-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Kulemin has 3 goals over his last 38 games, how on earth can he command a no.1 pick? dude has 11 goals in his last 80 games. I wouldn't give a 3rd line center for a 3rd line winger
kulemin's game doesn't revolve around scoring goals, but clearly judging his performance on strictly goals scored is the way to go!

Old
02-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
To be fair, Kulemin is significantly better than Poni - at least the Poni that the Pens got. Ponikarovsky brought little to no effort and brought down whatever line he was one. Kulemin, while he has had trouble putting the puck in the net, can still be extremely effective whenever he's on the ice. I just think the whole "Player X would score X amount of goals next to Malkin/Crosby" is a ******** argument.
Oh i could easily see a 30/30 season for Kuli running with Malkin.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:06 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
kulemin's game doesn't revolve around scoring goals, but clearly judging his performance on strictly goals scored is the way to go!
seems that way

Old
02-06-2013, 07:08 PM
SteelFish87*

Kulemin for Kennedy + 2nd

Old
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Well players like that who aren't goal scorers generally don't return 1st round picks and/or solid prospects.

Old
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
TFP is reporting the pens are eyeing Kulemin there is no mention as to what they would but I would rhink Nonis would be interested in Sutter as at 6-3 he addresses the issue of size up the middle I am also aware the pens have a couple of promising D prospects but with Gardiner, Reilly Percy, Finn, Blacker etc Leafs are loaded at that position .

Rumor makes sense as Malkin and Kulemin played together in the KHL and tore it up. Is there a deal here if so what is it?
I wouldn't want to give up Sutter. He's great for us on the 3rd. Saying that I'm guessing that the Leafs probably have enough D prospects too.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 1067
Quote:
While that's true, the problem is a lot of Leaf fans are using that very thing --- "He'll score 30 goals with Malkin" --- as evidence of his trade value being really high.

You can't on one hand scoff at folks for bringing up Kulemin's lack of goal scoring the past couple of seasons, but on the other talk about the kind of production with Malkin he'd have as a reason for his demanding a huge return.

Old
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Kulemin has 3 goals over his last 38 games, how on earth can he command a no.1 pick? dude has 11 goals in his last 80 games. I wouldn't give a 3rd line center for a 3rd line winger
Getzlaf has 14 goals in his last 90 games. Everyone can have crappy seasons.

Do I expect Kulie to be a steady 30g guy? No. With Malkin he will be a steady 20-25g guy who plays very solidly defensively.

Old
MakeTheIronSing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFish87 View Post
Kulemin for Kennedy + 2nd
...wow

Burke's gone dude

Old
02-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
really so malkin is going to make a 10 goal guy into a 30-40 goal guy? maybe if he banks 10 pucks off him a game
More like, find a former 30 goal scorer find his touch again.

He managed a 30 goal season playing 2nd line minutes and limited PP time ,while playing a strong defensive game.

Old
newerabegins

dont see this happening unless a center is coming back to the leafs. they have enough d-men and wingers so i dont know how this happens

Old
Saving Greiss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Oh i could easily see a 30/30 season for Kuli running with Malkin.
That's great. People say that for just about every winger that is connected with the Pens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
You can't on one hand scoff at folks for bringing up Kulemin's lack of goal scoring the past couple of seasons, but on the other talk about the kind of production with Malkin he'd have as a reason for his demanding a huge return.
Bingo.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Seems pretty obvious we would have already hung up the phone on each other if our fan bases were the GM's.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I wouldn't want to give up Sutter. He's great for us on the 3rd. Saying that I'm guessing that the Leafs probably have enough D prospects too.
Not sure that would matter to DN.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
mvhkyfn14t

I saw this rumor on TFP yesterday morning. I am shocked it took this long to get to HF!

Don't think we make good trading partners especially if Sutter is involved. I don't think the Pens have (or willing to part with) what the Leafs need to make this happen, unfortunately.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:13 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
But the Leafs need a top6, hell a top line centerman. Sutter isn`t one. I honestly canīt see what has them so hung up on Sutter. Would he be an improvement over Bozak or McClement on the thrid line? Sure. Would he be the long sought solution to center Kessel? Definitely not. The Leafs in their 1LC chase have amassed so many 2/3 line centers that itīs strange they now think they need yet another one.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but why should they give up a drafted and developed player who is arguably their most valuable forward?

Kulemin does everything well. He's one of the only forwards who can cycle the puck, he's their best board player, he's got a heavy shot (which he doesn't use enough) good penalty killer, and he scored 30 2 years ago. He's got size and strength, which is something the Leafs desperately lack up front. I don't think he's a 30 goal scorer, but I do think he'll fall somewhere in the middle.

Why sell low? As most people love to bring up, he scored 7 goals last year. Anyone with any informed opinion will tell you he's a better player then that, why sell him when his value is down?

Old
02-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
While that's true, the problem is a lot of Leaf fans are using that very thing --- "He'll score 30 goals with Malkin" --- as evidence of his trade value being really high.

If we don't get full value for Kully then Leafs will keep him, that simple. We need more of guys like Kulemin not less.

Old
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
I saw this rumor on TFP yesterday morning. I am shocked it took this long to get to HF!

Don't think we make good trading partners especially if Sutter is involved. I don't think the Pens have (or willing to part with) what the Leafs need to make this happen, unfortunately.
It wouldn't be Sutter.

I could see Nonis wanting Harrington + 1st or Morrow + 3rd though.

Old
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post

Actually i disagree completely.

I agree, players off your roster are probably nothing Pit wants to part with or DN would have need or interest in.

But there is still picks/prospects and that fits into where the leafs are ATM, still building a foundation.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:16 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Seems pretty obvious we would have already hung up the phone on each other if our fan bases were the GM's.
Hey Nonis, itīs Shero. I want your teams bets defensive forward who in the past have shown great chemistry with one of our world class centers. I offer you something you dont really need or want. Is that ok?

Well hello Shero. No I think I will have to counter that and demand something you cant really afford to give up. Still interested?

Old
02-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Inverted

Leafs are better off keeping Kulie than trading him for a B prospect + late pick. He might not score 30 goals a season again but he does other things on the ice which makes him more valuable to Leafs.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:17 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

If hes moved, its not going to be for peanuts. We ahve no reason to move him unless the return is significant. Hes not UFA. Hes not in a dispute with the team. We're in a playoff position. Theres literally zero reason to trade him unless the return outweighs the asset.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:17 PM
NuxFan09

I say a 1st for Kulemin straight up. Before anyone protest, think about it. Troy Brouwer fetched a 1st. It's not too high a price for Pittsburgh to pay to get Malkin's favourite linemate. They could potentially be adding 25-30 goals to their lineup just like that.

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Kulemin - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy
Glass - Vitale - Adams

^ Beautiful!

Closed Thread