HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

JM Fantasy League (New League, Sign up + Discussion) (BUF, CGY open)

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Raptactics29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Was literally just going to post something about Fantrax in here asking how good it is. I'm gonna fiddle around with the site a bit but that one's looking good.
Fantrax is quality. I prefer CBS but if not, fantrax is the way to go.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Raptactics29

Also I just mentioned this to JM but we should give everyone the goalies from their NHL team and the prospects in that system. That way it prevents guys from drafting 10 goalies and holding them hostage. Also, we should put a minimum and maximum goalie starts in to action. That way it prevents guys from having a big time advantage if they have 2 3 4 or 5 starters. It would also prevent guys from tanking and just siting goalies or whatever. Something like 40 minimum starts and 85-88 max starts. It's the fairest way. Guys who have an amazing team but don't have more than 1 starter doesn't have a chance against a mediocre team with 3 or 4 starters. That's really a cheesy way to win and if those types of things are allowed it would just ruin the integrity of the league.

So again, whoever starts with Toronto would start with Reimer and Scrivens (and those prospects in the system ie Rynnas, Owuya, etc). Whoever starts with Montreal gets Price and Budaj (and prospects. Whoever has Edmonton gets Dubnyk and Khabibulin (and prospects), etc, etc...

Old
02-06-2013, 07:13 PM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptactics29 View Post
Also I just mentioned this to JM but we should give everyone the goalies from their NHL team and the prospects in that system. That way it prevents guys from drafting 10 goalies and holding them hostage. Also, we should put a minimum and maximum goalie starts in to action. That way it prevents guys from having a big time advantage if they have 2 3 4 or 5 starters. It would also prevent guys from tanking and just siting goalies or whatever. Something like 40 minimum starts and 85-88 max starts. It's the fairest way. Guys who have an amazing team but don't have more than 1 starter doesn't have a chance against a mediocre team with 3 or 4 starters. That's really a cheesy way to win and if those types of things are allowed it would just ruin the integrity of the league.

So again, whoever starts with Toronto would start with Reimer and Scrivens (and those prospects in the system ie Rynnas, Owuya, etc). Whoever starts with Montreal gets Price and Budaj (and prospects. Whoever has Edmonton gets Dubnyk and Khabibulin (and prospects), etc, etc...
I think it's too late, with almost everyone having picked their team, to start changing things up now.

But in terms of goalie hoarding, why not make a rule that you can only pick two goalies in your first 18 picks or something.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:16 PM
RogueStatus
Devils-Redhawks

Quote:
Also I just mentioned this to JM but we should give everyone the goalies from their NHL team and the prospects in that system.

How about slightly altering that by drafting all of one teams goalies with a pick? That way some teams that are stacked on goalies right now dont have an edge going into the draft. I know I would have picked my team differently if that was stated beforehand.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:21 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

The draft could go by you having to draft only 12 forwards, 6 defensemen and 2 goalies before going over that with your next 10 picks. So by pick 21 you can pick whatever

Old
02-06-2013, 07:23 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Also if you put goalies and prospects on your team it ruins the strategy of who to select in a draft like JM said in post 3.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:31 PM
MarkusNaslund19

So is this going to be one of those weekly head-to-head leagues? Or just an overall points league (with a bunch of added categories), or what?

Old
02-06-2013, 07:33 PM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
I think it's too late, with almost everyone having picked their team, to start changing things up now.

But in terms of goalie hoarding, why not make a rule that you can only pick two goalies in your first 18 picks or something.
That doesn't make sense. If you want to take 5 goalie with your first 5 pick. Then you should be able to do just that. You need to have a strategy.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:34 PM
TheNudge

Quote:
So is this going to be one of those weekly head-to-head leagues? Or just an overall points league (with a bunch of added categories), or what?
I hope it's head to head.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:38 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I dont like this at all, It takes the Fantasy out of Fantasy hockey

Old
02-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Undecided but either way it shouldn't affect how you draft. Raptactics is in charge of the Fantrax stuff, I'll leave it to him.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Raptactics29

If its up to me it will be head-to-head and your team will be set weekly.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Raptactics29

When I get back from this funeral I will take a deeper look at what fantrax has to offer

Old
02-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Raptactics29

As for the goalies thing. I'm definitely open to ideas but I'm completely against goalies hoarding.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:07 PM
MarkusNaslund19

I agree that goalie hoarding is bush league, unrealistic, and silly. However, there's no way it's fair to make people retain the goalies of their selected team. I say this altruistically. I'm the Canucks, so it would help me. But it wouldn't be as fun.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:
I agree that goalie hoarding is bush league, unrealistic, and silly. However, there's no way it's fair to make people retain the goalies of their selected team. I say this altruistically. I'm the Canucks, so it would help me. But it wouldn't be as fun.
Don't worry, we won't be doing that. I've never seen anyone hoard goalies in a Fantasy League but I guess it makes sense as an advantage. I'll come up with something for that.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:34 AM
TheKumarEffect

Ill take buffalo or any team available

Old
02-07-2013, 09:37 AM
TheKumarEffect

Also I don't see anything wrong with goalie hoarding. Only one plays at a time and you can only have two in a lineup. So it's almost stupid to take a lot of goalies just to have them sit around

Old
02-07-2013, 03:30 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Im too exited to get this underway! are we allowed to trade draft picks?

Old
02-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Im too exited to get this underway! are we allowed to trade draft picks?
Yea you can. Like it says in the OP has to be even pick trades.

So 4 teams left I don't know how many more people are joining but if it isn't filled by tonight I might allow people to take 2 teams until we get people to take over.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Waldz3

Hi im CBJ's buddy, i would like to have boston, if thats ok!

Old
02-07-2013, 06:14 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Yea you can. Like it says in the OP has to be even pick trades.

So 4 teams left I don't know how many more people are joining but if it isn't filled by tonight I might allow people to take 2 teams until we get people to take over.
So we will most likely start the draft tomorrow?

Old
02-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Doubtful. Still have to make a couple threads and post the draft order. Plus we want some time to trade before.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:47 PM
TheNudge

Quote:
cmon, please don't start this soon. I'm leaving in like a hour and will be back on monday. Why don't we give time for everyone to trade and get this draft started on wed.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
cmon, please don't start this soon. I'm leaving in like a hour and will be back on monday. Why don't we give time for everyone to trade and get this draft started on wed.
I already told you what to do if we do start on the weekend. We can't just wait for you to get back.. 29 others in the league.

Closed Thread