HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

What will it take for John Scott to fight Chara?

Old
02-06-2013, 12:05 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 500
Hockey comes before fighting and Chara is one of the MVPs of the league regularly. Fighting is pretty low on his priority list.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:10 PM
pld459666

if Chara ever lowered himself to fight a scrub like Scott, then the coach should bench him for the next 2 games.

Chara should NEVER EVER waste his time dropping the gloves with Scott.

There's absolutely no benefit to Chara or the Bruins in that situation.

NONE

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:18 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Chara manhandles everyone in the league and I thought it would be cool if he fought someone his own size for a change. Thats all

24 vs 6
who? i'm really curious about your response

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

From my understanding Thornton is a well liked guy in the Boston dressing room. Chara is a guy who has no problem to come flying in to defend teammates, so I say there's a remote chance Chara fights Scott. However, that only happens if Scott becomes a "menace" Slashing, trying to take runs, even though he can't really skate, chirping, trying to fight other Bruins besides Chara. Also, if Boston is losing and the above happens, I think you'll see Chara and him go.

On a sidenote, kudos to Scott for just skating away after beating Thornton down and not parading around like an idiot.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:48 PM
The Kid

It is no secret that Scott was brought in to Buffalo to deal with Boston but it will take the situation to a whole new level if he literally seeks out Chara. That means that he has a specific mandate from Ruff. Let's not forget that Ruff and Neely know each other pretty well. If Chara won't go with Scott, Ruff will then declare victory unless and until someone on the B's takes out Scott.

I don't think Neely is childish enough to engage in a "my dad can beat up your dad", and I also don't think Thornton wants anyone to ever fight "for" him. That's not how Thornton rolls. So it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
From my understanding Thornton is a well liked guy in the Boston dressing room. Chara is a guy who has no problem to come flying in to defend teammates, so I say there's a remote chance Chara fights Scott. However, that only happens if Scott becomes a "menace" Slashing, trying to take runs, even though he can't really skate, chirping, trying to fight other Bruins besides Chara. Also, if Boston is losing and the above happens, I think you'll see Chara and him go.

On a sidenote, kudos to Scott for just skating away after beating Thornton down and not parading around like an idiot.
I think the suggestions that Chara needs to fight Scott and if he does not it's because he's scared are absolute nonsense -- for all the reasons already stated above.

However your last comment bears repeating. Several of us, myself included, have used the word plug or goon when explaining why the Chara Scott demands are stupid.

I regret that. Scott did his job (a brutally tough job) against Thornton very well and I think had a significant impact in the game. As Analyzer states, he also didn't showboat. Finally, his comments after the game were intelligent and respectful.

Bottom line is that claims that Chara is somehow afraid or something less is he doesn't fight Scott are ridiculous.

I don't know much about Scott, but he certainly handled himself with class in this instance.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:48 PM
BBB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
It is no secret that Scott was brought in to Buffalo to deal with Boston but it will take the situation to a whole new level if he literally seeks out Chara. That means that he has a specific mandate from Ruff. Let's not forget that Ruff and Neely know each other pretty well. If Chara won't go with Scott, Ruff will then declare victory unless and until someone on the B's takes out Scott.

I don't think Neely is childish enough to engage in a "my dad can beat up your dad", and I also don't think Thornton wants anyone to ever fight "for" him. That's not how Thornton rolls. So it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Wow, that is all I can say, WOW.

BBB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Who gives a ****? This won't happen unless Scott does something completely out of line.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:47 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Who gives a ****? This won't happen unless Scott does something completely out of line.
like flicking Chara's face? via Parros v Jackson

DaDucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
like flicking Chara's face? via Parros v Jackson
What happened there? I don't know that story.

Edit: Nevermind, just searched it. Jackman...... I hadn't seen that before. That's really funny!

Last edited by Number8: 02-06-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: searched
Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segchise View Post
Lol people on this board are so pathetic. Boston's best players don't have to fight goons just to prove themselves to jealous opposing fans. Chara isn't a fighter and when he does fight someone he doesn't even want to hit them. Chara doesn't even use his advantage to the best of its ability.
Agree 100% like when people are saying Subban needs to answer the bell blah blah blah. Forget it, we don't need him injured fighting some scrub.

But at the same time who wouldn't love to see 14feet worth of hockey player going at it, Chara has no reason to fight Scott, but I'd sure love to see it.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:01 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Chara manhandles everyone in the league and I thought it would be cool if he fought someone his own size for a change. Thats all

24 vs 6
Theres this magical thing called Youtube. Try it.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

I would be more interested to see Scott vs Lucic.

Canadiens Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:44 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash88 View Post
LOL.. Chara has absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing to prove to John Scott..
When he gets inducted into the hall of fame i'm sure in his speech he'll say "man.. i wish i fought scott, its might biggest regret in my hall of fame career". Matter of fact i heard he won't be inducted unless he fights Scott. Bank it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
Maybe Chara should challenge Scott to a game of hockey.
incredible. The only way these two guys square off if there is a 2-4 goal lead by either team and someone wants to send a message.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:27 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
Buffalo hasn't won a game since they beat the Bruins. If it's helped them, it sure doesn't reflect in the standings.

If the Sabre's goal was to beat up Shawn Thornton, I guess they've won.
Irony

habfaninvictoria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Irony
Times have changed

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:06 AM
redsox7327

I commented on a thread about Chara awhile back. There are two types of Chara when he fights. Those types are regular Chara and Warrior Mode Chara (WMC). Scott is going to have to anger Chara to such an extent that he enters WMC at which point Chara will engage and easily defeat his opposition. Chara is undefeated in his career when in Warrior Mode.

redsox7327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

If Scott was a 20 minute a night kinda guy, then perhaps you'd have some kind of argument...

As you just want to see two huge guys go at it, why not watch professional fighting?

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:21 AM
BobbyAwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post
I commented on a thread about Chara awhile back. There are two types of Chara when he fights. Those types are regular Chara and Warrior Mode Chara (WMC). Scott is going to have to anger Chara to such an extent that he enters WMC at which point Chara will engage and easily defeat his opposition. Chara is undefeated in his career when in Warrior Mode.
Too bad no one has been able to anger Scott into a "hockey player mode" or he might have more than one goal in 156 games

BobbyAwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
If Scott was a 20 minute a night kinda guy, then perhaps you'd have some kind of argument...

As you just want to see two huge guys go at it, why not watch professional fighting?

Just watch WWE Kane vs. The Undertaker or something

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Its hysterical that the Sabres brought in Scott, hes one of the worst players in the league. I'm sure Lennox Lewis would beat the **** out of Thornton as well

With that said, the Thornton massacre has propelled the Sabres into a three game losing streak and 14th place in the Eastern Conference, and Thornton (one of the most talented enforcers in the league hockey/fighting wise) will go back to 4th line duties and winning.

With Chara, the only way I see him fighting Scott is if he goes after Dougie, and even if he goes after him itll likely be a spin-o-rama and three to four punches thrown before one of them topples over the other. Its not a secret why Scott is a Sabre, and the age of the talent-less goon is slowly coming to an end (even our future replacement enforcer MacDermid is a talented hockey player).

I also guarantee Scott and Thornton will fight again, Thornton/Scott know their job and Shawn wouldn't let anyone else on the Bruins take a beating (which will likely happen again).

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:39 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Chara doesn't fight as much as he wrestles. With a 48 game season I think the big concern is how to keep yourself in the playoffs, not worry about petty rivalries.

RealisticLeaf55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Peter Worrell was much more feared than John Scott ever was.

How many times did Larry Robinson fight after he beat Dave Schultz?
Big Bird didn't fight much because pretty much everyone was scared to death to face him in a fight.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Chara going to the box hurts his team. Scott going to the box helps his. Chara has no need to fight Scott.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:56 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
What is this I don't even...

Chara is an elite dman in this league, he doesn't need to prove a thing. He also doesn't like to fight, probably because he almost kills people. And Scott isn't the be all, end all of fighters. Just recently Orr put him down. Orr is 6'3 220 lbs and gave up 5 inches and 50 lbs. No enforcer in invincible. People seriously don't understand how strong Chara is. He literally picked Bryan McCabe up off the ice years back and ragdolled him. McCabe's 225 lbs.
Exactly. Scott would have to be throwing high hits at smaller skill players on the Bruins for Chara to go after him, and Scott isn't that type of person. He doesn't seem dirty to me at all, just a guy filling his role due to his size since it's the only way he has a chance at the NHL.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote