HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hartnell next year

Old
06-28-2006, 02:49 PM
CronoX

vCash: 500
Hartnell next year

How do you think he'll do next season? I haven't watched many Predator games, so I don't know what kind of situation he is in with Nashville. Do you think he'll consistently play on a top 2 line this year? Do you think he'll get out of Trotz's doghouse and be able to break 50 points next year? Can he get solid PP time? Thanks!

Last edited by CronoX: 06-28-2006 at 03:01 PM.
CronoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 03:14 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I worry about him under Trotz, and that's less on Harts and more on Barry. I think he deserves more icetime than he gets, and with consistent good icetime, there's no reason he shouldn't be closer to 30 goals-50 points or so.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 03:20 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I agree.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Aucoin3

There is always a spot for him on Long Island.

Aucoin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:51 PM
R A D I C K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3 View Post
There is always a spot for him on Long Island.
Haven't you guys signed enough of our players this weekend?

R A D I C K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:58 PM
R A D I C K

I'm actually of the opinion that he'll have a breakout year this year because I think he's going to see some line work with Arnott. Trotz isn't afraid to adjust pairings and I think if those two could create some chemistry it might stick.

R A D I C K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 04:56 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by R A D I C K View Post
I'm actually of the opinion that he'll have a breakout year this year because I think he's going to see some line work with Arnott. Trotz isn't afraid to adjust pairings and I think if those two could create some chemistry it might stick.
I think he's going to be in a great position. Even if he doesn't get Arnott, there's a good chance he'll wind up with Legwand. He's never really had a lot of time with a top 6 center that I can recall. His time with Legwand was limited. He spent a lot of time with Johnson whose offensive ability is almost nonexistent.

If he can get a spot on one of the top two lines and Legwand and Arnott can stay reasonably healthy, for the first time in his career, he'll have a solid center anchoring his line. And having a center can make a huge difference. Look at what it did for guys like Simon Gagne. He was a huge disappointment until Forsberg arrived. And while we aren't getting a Forsberg, I would be willing to bet that the difference between his previous center and Forsberg is probably similar to the difference between Johnson and Arnott/Legwand.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Stars-Preds

I hope you're right Smokey. It would be great to see Erat or Hartnell have a career season paired with what we assume with be the Sullivan-Legwand duo on the second lilne.

If we get 50+ point seasons from Erat, Hartnell, and Legwand I think we'll win the Central Division. This appears to be the season that we have the best opportunity to leapfrog over Detroit.

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves here but they lost their starting goalie (Legace), their captain (Stevie Y), and it appears a top-6 forward in Shannahan. Obviously they are going to make some moves but those are significant losses IMO.

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 06:57 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I think playing with a puck-possession wiz like Legwand could help Hartnell in a huge way. How many times was Hartnell or even Hall in a good position to receive a pass\tap one in...only to have Greg Johnson lose the puck at the blue line?

Old
07-05-2006, 10:54 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I think playing with a puck-possession wiz like Legwand could help Hartnell in a huge way. How many times was Hartnell or even Hall in a good position to receive a pass\tap one in...only to have Greg Johnson lose the puck at the blue line?
For all the criticism about an incredibly weak shot arsenal from Legwand (it's as if he hasn't improved his wrister since juniors), he's still a really good playmaker. While he can be a 25-goal scorer in the right situation, I think he's got the tools to be a 40 assist guy if it all works out for him health-wise. With a fairly potent first line, Legwand and co. should be freed up. And there are some top heavy defenses in the Central.

Teams like Columbus, Detroit, and Chicago have fair-sized dropoffs after the first pair. Instead of Lidstrom, it'll be someone like Lilja. Instead of Foote, it'll be Hainsey. Instead of Aucoin, it'll be Vandermeer. While I might be a little off in terms of who the second pairing defensemen will be, in our division, there's not a lot of second pairing depth on any team but ours. This could be Legwand's first great chance to show us what he's got. A chance with no excuses to be had. And if he doesn't produce, he'll be on another team come '07-'08.

Old
07-05-2006, 10:21 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
I think he's going to be in a great position. Even if he doesn't get Arnott, there's a good chance he'll wind up with Legwand. He's never really had a lot of time with a top 6 center that I can recall. His time with Legwand was limited. He spent a lot of time with Johnson whose offensive ability is almost nonexistent.

If he can get a spot on one of the top two lines and Legwand and Arnott can stay reasonably healthy, for the first time in his career, he'll have a solid center anchoring his line. And having a center can make a huge difference. Look at what it did for guys like Simon Gagne. He was a huge disappointment until Forsberg arrived. And while we aren't getting a Forsberg, I would be willing to bet that the difference between his previous center and Forsberg is probably similar to the difference between Johnson and Arnott/Legwand.
Gagne was only a disappointment to the idiot philly fans that dont understand hockey.

Anyway, i agree with you on Hartnell. Play him with Sullivan and Legwand to give that speedy line some size.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:40 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Gagne was only a disappointment to the idiot philly fans that dont understand hockey.
I think it's very understandable that they were disappointed. He followed up his best career year by missing 35 games and followed up that season with his worst statistical, full season of his career. This is a guy that was thought to be PPG material at the age of 22. He then struggled for two straight years to be a .5 ppg player before hitting stride with Forsberg.

Old
07-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Heske_44

Out of curiosity, what is the productivity predictions for Hartnell next season?

I like the guy alot and think this is his season for a breakout given the proper oppurtunity.

Is a 35-25-60 season a realistic possibility?

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:58 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heske_44 View Post
Out of curiosity, what is the productivity predictions for Hartnell next season?

I like the guy alot and think this is his season for a breakout given the proper oppurtunity.

Is a 35-25-60 season a realistic possibility?
If he takes, IMO, a rightful spot in the top six, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to hit that mark, though maybe the assists will be a little lower.

Old
07-06-2006, 04:32 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If he takes, IMO, a rightful spot in the top six, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to hit that mark, though maybe the assists will be a little lower.
You put Hartnell-Legwand-Sullivan line together and I'd bet on him hitting 60 points.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Heske_44

Please tell me Hartnell will turn into a stud.

I think people forget he came into the league at the ripe age of 18...at 24 he has 6 years experience...he is a kid still but a veteran. There is no reason he cannot be a dominant force in the league, but is he going to get that chance to be a top line guy?

Is that something that is realistic, could he ever be a consistent 70+ point guy?

Old
07-12-2006, 06:33 PM
veronesepk

Quote:

I think people forget he came into the league at the ripe age of 18...at 24 he has 6 years experience...he is a kid still but a veteran. There is no reason he cannot be a dominant force in the league, but is he going to get that chance to be a top line guy?

Is that something that is realistic, could he ever be a consistent 70+ point guy?

I think he could.

veronesepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 06:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

His problem now is that he's behind some pretty high-profile left wings, but if he can score 25-30 goals from the third line...which he's shown he can...what's the problem? No one is disappointed in him, as I can tell...

Old
07-12-2006, 06:57 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Kostsitsyn and a first for Hartnell!!!

I know the guy kind of untouchable but he would be a torrific fit in Montreal. Like on every team in fact...

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 06:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
Kostsitsyn and a first for Hartnell!!!

I know the guy kind of untouchable but he would be a torrific fit in Montreal. Like on every team in fact...

We're trying to make room for wingers like Radulov and Upshall..not add more

Old
07-12-2006, 07:01 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
We're trying to make room for wingers like Radulov and Upshall..not add more
Allright, what would you want for a guy like Adam Hall. The habs need to build on players like him...

Old
07-12-2006, 07:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
Allright, what would you want for a guy like Adam Hall. The habs need to build on players like him...

Rivet?

Old
07-12-2006, 07:07 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Rivet?
You're kidding right???

Old
07-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Heske_44

Good feedback guys, I think it is his time to become a consistent producer.

Still amazing when you think he is only but 24 years old with 6 solid years in the NHL, vast amount of knowledge in this kid and he is just finishing maturing.