HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tor-Col

Old
02-06-2013, 06:12 PM
goleafsgo87*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanMan View Post
Youth for youth trade.
Need for need trade.

ROR for Gardiner straight up. The value is there for both teams and fill both teams needs. This is very fair.....
Yes i agree with that.

goleafsgo87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:13 PM
JMP

I think what all my fellow Avs fans are trying to say is "Toronto we want nothing do with any of your garbage, have a good day"

JMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:25 PM
JoemAvs

To be quite frankly, Gardiner for ROR is an absolute no-go.
Gards is not up to speed because of his concussion and his value is up in a limbo even more than it was. He will always be good offensively but I am just not convinced that the defensive side will catch up.

So you are not getting anything of big value for him right now until he comes back and proves himself.
The comment by the Avs fan as a whole is insulting. I don't condone that at all. And he is wrong. I for one would be tempted by a Reilly + 1st proposal. .

He is right in the sense that Toronto and Colorado make horrible trade partners. You don't have the young proven d we would need. Phaneuf would be only in the cards if we talk Stastny (cause of his age) but I really don't want Phaneuf and he is the Leafs captain.

Leafs need to rebuild and pick high this year. So do the Avs if the injury situation does not get better. Kessel would not make sense because we can't give up our 1st and it would only be a rental because the Avs are not doing squat this year.

So the Leafs have nothing to trade for ROR that would make sense for both parties...
I am sorry for the general insult by the other Avs fan but you have to understand that we as Avs fans have to deal with a lot of crap proposals right now...

Last edited by Redwingsfan: 02-06-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: QDP
JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Drij

We don't need another player with concussion problems.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:35 PM
goleafsgo87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
The ******** is strong in this one. Avs do decent for their ticket prices...

To be quite frankly, Gardiner for ROR is an absolute no-go.
Gards is not up to speed because of his concussion and his value is up in a limbo even more than it was. He will always be good offensively but I am just not convinced that the defensive side will catch up.

So you are not getting anything of big value for him right now until he comes back and proves himself.
The comment by the Avs fan as a whole is insulting. I don't condone that at all. And he is wrong. I for one would be tempted by a Reilly + 1st proposal. .

He is right in the sense that Toronto and Colorado make horrible trade partners. You don't have the young proven d we would need. Phaneuf would be only in the cards if we talk Stastny (cause of his age) but I really don't want Phaneuf and he is the Leafs captain.

Leafs need to rebuild and pick high this year. So do the Avs if the injury situation does not get better. Kessel would not make sense because we can't give up our 1st and it would only be a rental because the Avs are not doing squat this year.

So the Leafs have nothing to trade for ROR that would make sense for both parties...
I am sorry for the general insult by the other Avs fan but you have to understand that we as Avs fans have to deal with a lot of crap proposals right now...
Dion is the Leafs worst dman you can have him. You guys don't really have proven D erik johnson? come on. shattenkirk would be much more of a help but the avs got rid of him and stewart lol. I look at your current d and the only guy id take is Ryan Wilson. So you are saying Gunnarson Franson and Gardiner wouldnt help your defense? come on dude stop trolling.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:37 PM
goleafsgo87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
We don't need another player with concussion problems.
I wouldnt even trade Gardiner for your 1st and Duchene mr injury prone. Sorry that's how I feel but ROR and avs 1st then leafs might think about it.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:42 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycanada87 View Post
Dion is the Leafs worst dman you can have him. You guys don't really have proven D erik johnson? come on. shattenkirk would be much more of a help but the avs got rid of him and stewart lol. I look at your current d and the only guy id take is Ryan Wilson. So you are saying Gunnarson Franson and Gardiner wouldnt help your defense? come on dude stop trolling.
I just said that I don't want Phaneuf and I know that he struggles but he would be the only one fitting our needs. I would dislike that trade but something around Phaneuf for Stastny could be something that Sherman might look at.

And you have never watched the Avs play in the last 1.5 years if you don't believe that EJ is worse than Shatty. And I loved Shatty. But EJ is looking very good. It is him and a bunch of defensive dman that suck right now.... (Wilson was kind of decent and Hejda showed some flashes but that is probably it)

And Gunnar, Franson and Gardiner might help our defense right now but it is not a big upgrade. Those guys (not counting Gards who just is an absolue wildcard right now and therefore does not have the value to be a centerpiece of any trade) are a marginal upgrade over the likes of Hejda or Wilson at best. They certainly would not be core players.

Never trade a core player for depth......
I am not giving up core players for those upgrades in a non contending year......

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
The only person trolling here is you. Your previous comments about the Avs franchise tell me you are a rather immature person. Comments like only Avs D you would take is Wilson, and wouldn't trade Gardiner for Duchene+1st tell everyone what you're seeking to accomplish. If you enjoy trying to incite people on the Internet, carry on.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:51 PM
goleafsgo87*

Been on and off these boards since 05 and avs fans on here are the worst for trades. Im just doing what you guys always do to every fanbase on here. Overvalue youre players and undervalue players from other teams. So i'm just doing what you guys do nothing wrong with that right? Always be proud of your team right? that's why we have GM's in the nhl god imagine if a AV was the Gm they would get offered crosby and malkin for ROR and the ave gm would say (the avs say no to this throw a first and Avs might think about it) come on guys.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:54 PM
HockeyFanMan

Col fans are giving ROR way too much respect for a guy who is holding out and has one good year...55 pts. Fine you don't have to agree on any trade proposals but why bother saying anything unless it's constructive. Don't misread this as I really do think you have a great player in ROR. Just not sure where his head is at right now as far as team loyality.

If your worried about Gardiner's injury then that's ok...i understand.

Again tho....were only going to trade one for one here as far as this Leaf fan is concerned for ROR. Col is not exactly holding all the cards with any trading partner because he IS holding out and the other team still has to sign him.

My second offer ( alittle hestitant tho ) would be Morgan Reilly but that would be as far as I would go...What do Col fans think of this offer?

HockeyFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
goleafsgo87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanMan View Post
Col fans are giving ROR way too much respect for a guy who is holding out and has one good year...55 pts. Fine you don't have to agree on any trade proposals but why bother saying anything unless it's constructive. Don't misread this as I really do think you have a great player in ROR. Just not sure where his head is at right now as far as team loyality.

If your worried about Gardiner's injury then that's ok...i understand.

Again tho....were only going to trade one for one here as far as this Leaf fan is concerned for ROR. Col is not exactly holding all the cards with any trading partner because he IS holding out and the other team still has to sign him.

My second offer ( alittle hestitant tho ) would be Morgan Reilly but that would be as far as I would go...What do Col fans think of this offer?
lol They say no of course they would want Morgan Gardiner and a first. and oh then the avs might think about it. One thing i have learned never talk with ave fans for proposal they value their guys like they are all wayne gretzky type guys. Done with this thread ignorant fans.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
Been on and off these boards since 05 and avs fans on here are the worst for trades. Im just doing what you guys always do to every fanbase on here. Overvalue youre players and undervalue players from other teams. So i'm just doing what you guys do nothing wrong with that right? Always be proud of your team right? that's why we
have GM's in the nhl god imagine if a AV was the Gm they would get offered crosby and malkin for ROR and the ave gm would say (the avs say no to this throw a first and Avs might think about it) come on
guys.
Look guys, a Leafs fan lecturing others on overvaluing their own players. Irony at it's best.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Look guys, a Leafs fan lecturing others on overvaluing their own players. Irony at it's best.
Yeah I think it's about time we break out the Family Feud gif...

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:43 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by goleafsgo87* View Post
lol They say no of course they would want Morgan Gardiner and a first. and oh then the avs might think about it. One thing i have learned never talk with ave fans for proposal they value their guys like they are all wayne gretzky type guys. Done with this thread ignorant fans.
Avs fan's would be ignorant to turn down Rielly because he has proven so much in the NHL. He's guaranteed to be the next Brian Leetch.

Toronto fans offer use incredible packages and we turn them down even though they clearly meet our needs. Avs need to stop being massive homers and realize they aren't going to get much more than the leafs spare parts. While that last line might be misleading, they are the leafs spare parts but spare parts on a team as good as the leafs are still more valuable than our best center.

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Nihiliste

I hate how much bickering there is in Avs and Leafs threads. Truth is both fanbases overvalue their guys, but of course they do - is there a fanbase that doesn't?

The proposal in the OP doesn't work because Toronto gives up too much depth and the Avs will be looking to get a player back who can be part of their core in the same way O'reilly is.

--

Generally the only Avs/Leafs proposal that surfaces every now and then that makes sense to me is a Stastny/Phaneuf trade. Overpaid/underperforming players who could do better in a different situation. Almost the same caphit and they're both UFAs next summer. I see it more as an offseason trade where both teams can make moves in conjunction to replace the wholes left by the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
Avs fan's would be ignorant to turn down Rielly because he has proven so much in the NHL. He's guaranteed to be the next Brian Leetch.
Eh it would set us back in development but due to the contract situation and other setbacks in our rebuild management might take a guy like Reilly - very good player and hyped for good reason. I don't think it'd be an ideal trade for us (much better to try to acquire a guy like Kulikov who would contribute now), but I believe they'd have to think about it.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Drij

Quote:
Quote:
I wouldnt even trade Gardiner for your 1st and Duchene mr injury prone. Sorry that's how I feel but ROR and avs 1st then leafs might think about it.
lol you want Ryan Wilson? Shows you don't know anything.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:30 AM
cgf
Aves Fan

Ryan Wilson for superstar Bozak? How many first round picks do the Avs have to add to make it happen? 3? 4?

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Johnny Paps

This is where values on players confuse me...How is it that leafs are giving up
Bozak(similar point totals as RoR)
Frattin(potential 25 goal scorer)
Gunnar(quite but effective Dman)
2nd pick
For Ryan(I'm a headache)O'Reilly
Way too much....especially with a stacked 2013 UFA/Draft

Johnny Paps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Paps View Post
This is where values on players confuse me...How is it that leafs are giving up
Bozak(similar point totals as RoR)
Frattin(potential 25 goal scorer)
Gunnar(quite but effective Dman)
2nd pick
For Ryan(I'm a headache)O'Reilly
Way too much....especially with a stacked 2013 UFA/Draft
Do you trade your dollar for four quarters when you're trying to get a snack out of a vending machine that doesn't accept change?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote