HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kimmo Timonen

Old
02-06-2013, 04:46 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Kimmo Timonen

Obviously he isn't the player he once was but he is in the last year of his deal and possibly last of his career. Hypothetically, let's say the Flyers are sellers at the deadline. What would it take to acquire Kimmo? He'd be a good fit to strengthen an already good D for a Cup run. I was thinking a 2nd would be very fair.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:57 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
1st. Teams will overpay for him at the deadline, and the flyers would have no issue just letting him retire a flyer. A low 1st from a playoff team is probably what it would take.

He's easily one of the most under rated defensemen in the league, and at 37-38 is still extremely good positionally, one on one and can QB a power play at a high level.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

A 2nd?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

He'd easily get a 1st round pick from a contending team if the Flyers are out of it.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:10 PM
wej20

Highly unlikely the Flyers are that far out of it by the deadline that they consider moving Timonen.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Prongo
Beer

Even an aging Kimmo will fetch a 1st rounder and a good/top prospect from a team. He is what every team is looking for at the deadline. A #1/2 defender that can put your team over the top for a cup run. He has leadership, scoring, and is a great all around defender. If the Flyers are out of the playoff race, they would have a good amount of the GM's calling about him. I see the Detroit Red Wings being a good fit.

To Detroit:
Kimmo

To Flyers:
1st rounder
Maxim Oullet/Adam Almquist

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:54 PM
jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Even an aging Kimmo will fetch a 1st rounder and a good/top prospect from a team. He is what every team is looking for at the deadline. A #1/2 defender that can put your team over the top for a cup run. He has leadership, scoring, and is a great all around defender. If the Flyers are out of the playoff race, they would have a good amount of the GM's calling about him. I see the Detroit Red Wings being a good fit.

To Detroit:
Kimmo

To Flyers:
1st rounder
Maxim Oullet/Adam Almquist
You mean Xavier Ouellet? Doubt they'd move him anywhere. At least not in that deal.

jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Bryzard of Oz

Kimmo easily returns a first if the Flyers are looking to move him at the deadline, which I highly doubt.

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:59 PM
laundryman

Flyers would only move Kimmo if they're out of it by the deadline and even then I think they'd be hesitant because he's helping Schenn quite a lot.

First round pick would probably be fair. Maybe a 2nd and a decent prospect

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Obviously he isn't the player he once was but he is in the last year of his deal and possibly last of his career. Hypothetically, let's say the Flyers are sellers at the deadline. What would it take to acquire Kimmo? He'd be a good fit to strengthen an already good D for a Cup run. I was thinking a 2nd would be very fair.
A 2nd and Hjalmarsson or Leddy? Sure.

Otherwise, it starts with a 1st and a good prospect. Kimmo would likely be the best defenseman available at the deadline if he's made available. And with deadline overpays, there's no way you're getting him for a 2nd.

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeger View Post
You mean Xavier Ouellet? Doubt they'd move him anywhere. At least not in that deal.
Lol yes, god damn Flyers goal tending haunting me.

I understand he is a valuable piece, but Kimmo is a very valuable asset. GM's would have to pay. He could essentially be the biggest(valuable) defenseman moved at the deadline

I could even see a 3rd rounder being thrown in there too.

1st
top prospect
3rd rounder.

Old
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

You made me agree with Flyers fans, but someone is going to be more desperate for top D than Chicago will be and a 2nd won`t cut it.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:

I understand he is a valuable piece, but Kimmo is a very valuable asset. GM's would have to pay. He could essentially be the biggest(valuable) defenseman moved at the deadline

1st
top prospect
3rd rounder.
He would be a really valuable pickup for the Bruins, but no way in hell to this...

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
He would be a really valuable pickup for the Bruins, but no way in hell to this...
Kaberle got this type of return, you don't think Kimmo will?

Eklund is reporting we signed Kimmo for another year right now lol.

https://twitter.com/Eklund/status/299296575908352000

Quote:
Flyers have extended Kimo Timonen for a year (per a teammate)

Old
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:

1st
top prospect
3rd rounder.
It's very doubtful he'd even get a 1st plus a top prospect depending on how broad your standard for top is.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
wej20

just as well they extended him, they'd be really struggling for offence from the backend without him.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
It's very doubtful he'd even get a 1st plus a top prospect depending on how broad your standard for top is.
Just for hypothetical purposes, give me one defenseman that would be more valuable than him around the deadline if we were out of contention?

He would get a big return if he were traded, a 1st and a top prospect would most likely coming back. Look back at all the dman dealt at the deadline, they get premium assets coming back.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Tripod

He would have been the top UFA D-Man this coming offseason...if he did indeed sign an extension with Philly.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Primary Assist

Quote:
Just for hypothetical purposes, give me one defenseman that would be more valuable than him around the deadline if we were out of contention?

He would get a big return if he were traded, a 1st and a top prospect would most likely coming back. Look back at all the dman dealt at the deadline, they get premium assets coming back.
Gotta chuckle at the degree in which Flyer fans overrate and overvalue their players.

Primary Assist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:35 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Assist View Post
Gotta chuckle at the degree in which Flyer fans overrate and overvalue their players.
yes, because Flyers fans are the only ones that do that...

you can say that about all 29 other fan bases

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Jray42

vCash: 300
Quote:
You must be new here. Welcome to the forum. Every team's fans overrates their players to certain extents, some more so then others (cough cough)

For the record, I don't think Timonen will fetch a 1st + Top prospect, I think a 1st + lower level prospect or just a 1st is more realistic. If we're out of contention, I'd like to see him try to win the Cup with a team with a legit shot. A contending team likely won't need Kimmo to be a #1 like he is relied on to be here, and he will likely benefit from that.

----------------------------------

According to your post history, a "clueless" and "brain dead" Paul Holmgren made the worst selection of all time by taking Sean Couturier over Dougie Hamilton, Couturier is and will be a 3rd line center and Hamilton is a #1 D, and Couturier sucks because he's a slow skater. Seems legit.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Did you not see what Kaberle got when he was dealt at the deadline before being a UFA? Well I'd say Timonen is atleast equal to what Kaberle was at the time of the dealing, so I'd expect that return too, so a 1st rounder from a true contender and a good prospect. With that being said, rumor has it he just resigned with Philly so there is really no way he'll be moved at this deadline.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Let's look at some history shall we:
Oduya for a 2nd and a 3rd
Zidlicky for Kurtis Foster, Nick Palmieri, Stephane Veilleux,2012 2nd round pick, 2013 conditional pick
Quincey for a 1st and a player
Hal Gill for a 2nd and 2 players
Grossmann for a 2nd and 3rd

Kaberle for a 1st, Colborne and a conditional 2nd
White for a 2nd
Wisniewski for a 2nd and a conditional 5th

Kimmo is better today than all of those players where when traded. But maybe with a short season, teams might be more hesitant. Who knows. But what this list does show is that #2 D-men are not traded much. Who wouldn't like to add a 20+ minute d-man that can PK and play the PP. But if what is being reported is true, he has re-signed. Hope it is a team friendly contract. Maybe 4 mill??

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:50 AM
captainpaxil

i see the contract offer as a committment to not rebuilding for the flyers. should the stars align differently come april i could see them moving timonen to help the team but thats what the deal would have to do. tim ericsson and columbus lowest 1st rd pick or highest second rounder. corey schneider from vancouver, significant pieces that would help the flyers, otherwise i think he finishes his time out in philly

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote