HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The League LV

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
If there was a way to check the Monarchs' and Wolves' goal totals at the moment the lockout ended, that would be even more convincing (besides looking it up manually and doing the subtraction, that is).
12 goal difference (but 3 extra games): http://web.archive.org/web/201301150...type=standings Monarchs score about .1 goals more than the Wolves.

The thing is (and Hodgy very well knows this), Schroeder was 2nd/3rd in scoring on the Wolves all year and was only overtaken by Ebbett and Haydar on the last game or two before the lockout, but of course he won't point that out. What he also will refuse to point out is that the difference between Schroeder and the four guys ahead of him at the time of lockout was marginal (less than .1PPG), while the difference between Laktionov and the top two scorers is quite substantial (more than .2PPG).

Conveniently no mention of the fact that there's a 20 goal scorer on Loktionov's team while Schroeder led the Wolves in goals.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Hodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
The thing is (and Hodgy very well knows this), Schroeder was 2nd/3rd in scoring on the Wolves all year and was only overtaken by Ebbett and Haydar on the last game or two before the lockout, but of course he won't point that out. What he also will refuse to point out is that the difference between Schroeder and the four guys ahead of him at the time of lockout was marginal (less than .1PPG), while the difference between Laktionov and the top two scorers is quite substantial (more than .2PPG).

Conveniently no mention of the fact that there's a 20 goal scorer Loktionov's team (who he happened to play with) while Schroeder led the Wolves in goals.
This is a strawan argument. I never represented that I thought Loktionov was a better offensive player than Schroeder, or even produced more. I merely challenged the contention that Loktionov's production was "significantly worse."

I actually don't recall the bolded. Not to suggest you are wrong or lying, that could very well be the case. I am only going by the statistics I have available to me.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post
This is a strawan argument. I never represented that I thought Loktionov was a better offensive player than Schroeder, or even produced more. I merely challenged the contention that Loktionov's production was "significantly worse."
He scored .18GPG while Schroeder scored .3GPG. Schroeder played most of the season with guys who put up less than 10 points at the time of Schroeder's departure. Loktionov spent the season going between the other Top 5 scorers on the Monarchs and never played with anyone else. I would consider that a substantially worse production given that he was drafted in 2008.

(And the whole four months older thing is a pointless argument considering it's mostly about how many seasons of experience you have and Loktionov, given his birthday is in May, would likely have more.)

Last edited by Tiranis: 02-06-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Hodgy

Quote:
He scored .18GPG while Schroeder scored .3GPG. Schroeder played most of the season with guys who put up less than 10 points at the time of Schroeder's departure. Loktionov spent the season going between the other Top 5 scorers on the Monarchs and never played with anyone else. I would consider that a substantially worse production given that he was drafted in 2008.
Again, you are retroactively qualifying your initial point by now emphasizing goals per game, opposed to points per game, which is generally associated with offensive production. Also again, Schroeder is only 4 months younger than Loktioniv. Moreover, you are delving into reasons why Schroeder's production may have been more impressive than Loktioniv's. Your original contention was a flat-out assertion that Loktioniv's offensive production (which seems to imply a statistic...) was "significantly worse".

But anyway, again, I think it is quite obvious that your original statement was a gross exaggeration.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
12 goal difference (but 3 extra games): http://web.archive.org/web/201301150...type=standings Monarchs score about .1 goals more than the Wolves.

Conveniently no mention of the fact that there's a 20 goal scorer on Loktionov's team while Schroeder led the Wolves in goals.
It's only fair he doesn't point that out if you don't point out the fact Loktionov has had a more productive career than Schroeder at the AHL level up to this point. 24P in 29GP as a rookie, 38P in 53GP as a sophomore and 20P in 32GP last year...

Old
02-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Again, you are retroactively qualifying your initial point by now emphasizing goals per game, opposed to points per game, which is generally associated with offensive production. Also again, Schroeder is only 4 months younger than Loktioniv. Moreover, you are delving into reasons why Schroeder's production may have been more impressive than Loktioniv's. Your original contention was a flat-out assertion that Loktioniv's offensive production (which seems to imply a statistic...) was "significantly worse".

But anyway, again, I think it is quite obvious that your original statement was a gross exaggeration.
Do I really have to say "given their circumstances"? I also don't see why I have to specifically say that 'production' has to consider goals and not just points. Seemed obvious to me.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Hodgy

Quote:
(And the whole four months older thing is a pointless argument considering it's mostly about how many seasons of experience you have and Loktionov, given his birthday is in May, would likely have more.)
Is that true? IIRC (thinking back to my minor hockey days) you played with people in the same academic grade with you, which comprised of January-December. Thus, Loktionov and Schroeder (and Hodgson for that matter) would all have played the same amount of years. Of course this is an oversimplification and only relates back to my experience in Vancouver. Russia would likely have a different system.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Is that true? IIRC (thinking back to my minor hockey days) you played with people in the same academic grade with you, which comprised of January-December. Thus, Loktionov and Schroeder (and Hodgson for that matter) would all have played the same amount of years. Of course this is an oversimplification and only relates back to my experience in Vancouver. Russia would likely have a different system.
Russia goes by academic year. Not sure about the US program, but I think it might too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
It's only fair he doesn't point that out if you don't point out the fact Loktionov has had a more productive career than Schroeder at the AHL level up to this point. 24P in 29GP as a rookie, 38P in 53GP as a sophomore and 20P in 32GP last year...
Seems like an exaggeration, considering 20 points (and measly 5 goals) in 32GP is marginally less than what Schroeder put up this year. That's ignoring that the AHL was far more competitive this year.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Hodgy

Quote:
Do I really have to say "given their circumstances"? I also don't see why I have to specifically say that 'production' has to consider goals and not just points. Seemed obvious to me.
This is getting kind of ridiculous.

Are you really now going to maintain that it is "obvious" that "offensive production" refers to GPG opposed to PPG?

Old
02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
This is getting kind of ridiculous.

Are you really now going to maintain that it is "obvious" that "offensive production" refers to GPG opposed to PPG?
It refers to both, for me anyway. If I had two players that both put up same point totals, I would certainly think the 20 goal scorer was more impressive than the 10 goal scorer.

Anyway, I'm done here. This is getting silly. Clearly we won't ever agree with each other so I think it's best for both of us to move on.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:18 PM
arsmaster*
semantic romantic

I bet Loktionov would be lighting it up between Vanek and Pominville.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:38 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 457
Plekanec...

Old
02-06-2013, 07:43 PM
arsmaster*
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
Plekanec...
No doubt. Breakaway. Shoots puck into corner.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:48 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:

Oh, I see. Pretty useful actually - thanks for this.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
P.K. Subban!

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You have to hate losing, more than you love winning. "
Old
02-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 833
TEAM Radio @TEAM1040
Quote:
Report- Flyers are on the verge of re-signing Kimmo Timonen to a 1-yr deal for 6 million. Official announcement expected by week's end

Old
02-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Nuckles
Bleed Assets E'ryday

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
TEAM Radio @TEAM1040
Ouch. Timonen definitely didn't take a discount to stay with Philly.
$6 mil is too much.

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Old
02-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Ouch. Timonen definitely didn't take a discount to stay with Philly.
$6 mil is too much.
He knows they really need him, so he demanded more.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Everybody calm down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
He knows they really need him, so he demanded more.
Ed Zachery.

Desperate is as desperate does.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:21 PM
LiquidSnake*

Timonen for 6??? That's gross

Old
02-06-2013, 08:23 PM
LiquidSnake*

Oh... Here comes Cousin Dregs to talk about his cousin Dave's team and the Kessel rumors.

"Rumor has it that one western conference team has offered 2 franchise forwards, a franchise D and 2 - 1st round picks. The Leafs however are exploring all options and waiting for the best deal."

More or less.... He'll say this.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Everybody calm down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Of course that's gross.

Still must be netting at least 4.5 though.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:25 PM
me2
Team Ben Anti-Tank 0

vCash: 93
Quote:
Oh... Here comes Cousin Dregs to talk about his cousin Dave's team and the Kessel rumors.

"Rumor has it that one western conference team has offered 2 franchise forwards, a franchise D and 2 - 1st round picks. The Leafs however are exploring all options and waiting for the best deal."

More or less.... He'll say this.
"Luongo, Kesler and 2 1sts, Canucks to eat 50% of Luongo's contract"

Old
02-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Nuckles
Bleed Assets E'ryday

vCash: 50
Quote:
Especially since the cap is dropping too.
It's the equivalent of $6.55 mil with a $70.2 mil cap.

He really cares about the Flyers.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Eric Stephens @icemancometh
Quote:
Ducks acquire D Ben Lovejoy from Pittsburgh for a fifth-round pick in 2014. Lovejoy will join team in Dallas.

Closed Thread