Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

So how are Acadie-Bathhurst doing?

Old
01-26-2013, 12:42 AM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
At the Christmas trade period, I mentioned that I could see the Titan getting better after Christmas and catch on to a few teams.
Now the Dogs are behind us to stay
I did say the same thing at the time about Gatineau and we all witnessed their miraculous recovery of late.

These two teams Have the capacity to upset a top team in a big way...
I agree that the Titan took longer than I expected to upsurge and have not done it convincingly just yet.
I hope you don't mean the Titan here .... I have been defending you a lot lately lol, but this is something that's a little too much.

Could you take one or two games, sure. But to think a team with that group on defense will take a 7 game series is out there .... There's one team worse than Bathurst defensively, and right now you're shaping up to play someone like Blainville or Moncton ... It's been said a thousand times, but teams built the way LGM builds them (offense) are not going to make noise in the playoffs, especially if they're a 12-14 seed ...

And to your last line ... We've got under 20 game to go in the season and have nearly passed the 75% mark of the year ... Enough with the "expecting the Titan to upsurge" crap.

C'mon now.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:51 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Yes, the Bathurst D group is a new kind of bad lol.

McDonald kept them in this one. Far and away the best player on the ice for the Titan.
I have to agree with that!

The Titan were nowhere in sight last night...

MacDonald had a very good game indeed.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Catz

Quote:
I have to agree with that!

The Titan were nowhere in sight last night...

MacDonald had a very good game indeed.

Wow what a beat down!! Physically there were Titan laying everywhere!!

Your next coach should realize you can have only 6 players on the ice at a time.

Whoever plays this team first round is getting a bye . Everyone besides the goalies have packed it in.

Catz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:35 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Another loss tonight..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:03 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catz View Post
Wow what a beat down!! Physically there were Titan laying everywhere!!

Your next coach should realize you can have only 6 players on the ice at a time.

Whoever plays this team first round is getting a bye . Everyone besides the goalies have packed it in.
That game was 2-2 in the last minute of the 2nd period and Moncton was playing a team missing 3 top-9 players, 4 forwards of which 3 were heavy weights.

You must have looked at another game as your win was not a convincing one at all.

Bring back a Titan full lineup and we will see...

Catz before calling me anything, check yourself in a mirror.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:28 AM
ClemQ

Someday (soon). You will come to see and understand what 99 percent of hockey fans have seen....the Titan are a 14th place team - playing like....a 14th place team.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:26 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
Someday (soon). You will come to see and understand what 99 percent of hockey fans have seen....the Titan are a 14th place team - playing like....a 14th place team.
Bookmarked!

I was commenting here on last night's game.

That being said, I have been watching hockey for too long to think your way.
You are not around this team on a weekly basis the way we are and it is clear to me that progress is being made in spite of the results to show it....yet.

This is still a mid pack team, just like the Gatineau team is.
Different events derailed them early in the season and they will come back.

Now, if they end up 14th, I will see like you.

And....who cares about the 99% of people saying they are a 14th place team when they are not Titan fans seeing their team play on a regular basis?

Victo/Drummond/VD/PEI/Chicoutimi/Gatineau are all midpack teams that the Titan could be ahead of if it had not been for the poor season start....

Dupont will be here for many more years I believe.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:41 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Bookmarked!

I was commenting here on last night's game.

That being said, I have been watching hockey for too long to think your way.
You are not around this team on a weekly basis the way we are and it is clear to me that progress is being made in spite of the results to show it....yet.

This is still a mid pack team, just like the Gatineau team is.
Different events derailed them early in the season and they will come back.

Now, if they end up 14th, I will see like you.

And....who cares about the 99% of people saying they are a 14th place team when they are not Titan fans seeing their team play on a regular basis?

Victo/Drummond/VD/PEI/Chicoutimi/Gatineau are all midpack teams that the Titan could be ahead of if it had not been for the poor season start....

Dupont will be here for many more years I believe.
You keep talking about progress and the team keeps losing. Your 8 games below .500, 30 goal differential (which you said a while ago was an important measuring stick .

Its pointless to try and make you see the obvious. The facts...50 games.... 14th place ... Its much more than a bad start.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Catz

Quote:
That game was 2-2 in the last minute of the 2nd period and Moncton was playing a team missing 3 top-9 players, 4 forwards of which 3 were heavy weights.

You must have looked at another game as your win was not a convincing one at all.

Bring back a Titan full lineup and we will see...

Catz before calling me anything, check yourself in a mirror.

Haha nice excuses. We played are backup goalie and the third and 4th line played most of the 3rd period. I never said it was A beat down on the score board I said physically the little Titan couldn't handle it. Moncton dominated by the end Titan were scared to touch the puck.

As I sit here in sold out coliseum two more goals by jaskin in the first period. Thought there wAS NO WAY HE WOULD SCORE 30??

Old
02-03-2013, 06:40 AM
chsb

The Titan won 2 games this weekend result of 3rd period comebacks and great goaltending.

This is where we see that intensive practices ordered by Dupont are starting to pay back.
The Titan is now a team in much better physical shape than two months ago; I believe that it will translate in wins from now to season end.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:00 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
The Titan won 2 games this weekend result of 3rd period comebacks and great goaltending.

This is where we see that intensive practices ordered by Dupont are starting to pay back.
The Titan is now a team in much better physical shape than two months ago; I believe that it will translate in wins from now to season end.
You got outshot 53-31. Not sure you can win a 7 game series like that

Old
02-03-2013, 08:49 AM
chsb

Quote:
You got outshot 53-31. Not sure you can win a 7 game series like that
Have you seen the two games?

BC also outshot Halifax the day before and lost 3-1.....

BC's problem is in the goals for one thing....

Old
02-03-2013, 11:24 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Have you seen the two games?

BC also outshot Halifax the day before and lost 3-1.....

BC's problem is in the goals for one thing....
I did watch both games actually. Did u? Because anyone that watched the game vs Halifax would not say goaltending is an issue with BC.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:54 AM
chsb

Quote:
I did watch both games actually. Did u? Because anyone that watched the game vs Halifax would not say goaltending is an issue with BC.
While you were watching Halifax, I was watching MacDonald get 1st star in Chicoutimi.
Speaking with BC fans after the game, who attended the game, they clearly stated that Fucale was better than their netminder and allowed Halifax the win.

Speaking with the same fans after the game against the Titan, they clearly stated that Brennan, coming in relief of MacDonald, was the difference in the game.

Speaking to the same fans today, they see a clear weakness in nets compared to their weekend opponents.

The Titan might allow numerous shots from the points or from along the walls, but there are not a ton of slot area open shots.

What is making them confident is what you saw as a big question mark at season start....our goaltending.

What allowed these numbers of shots were short handed periods when they had a couple of 5 on 3 against to go through.

All in all a very good weekend for a Titan team missing some good elements.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Reesor01

I didn't see the Bathurst/Baie-Comeau game, but I know Cadorette wasn't the problem against Halifax. 1st goal was an awful bounce that he had no chance on. 2nd goal was a PP goal on a wicked shot by Frk. 3rd goal was short-handed and another wicked shot by Drouin. No real problems in Baie-Comeau's game. Just great goaltending by Fucale and Halifax making the most of the chances they had.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:13 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
I didn't see the Bathurst/Baie-Comeau game, but I know Cadorette wasn't the problem against Halifax. 1st goal was an awful bounce that he had no chance on. 2nd goal was a PP goal on a wicked shot by Frk. 3rd goal was short-handed and another wicked shot by Drouin. No real problems in Baie-Comeau's game. Just great goaltending by Fucale and Halifax making the most of the chances they had.
Exactly....tks for the confirmation of what actually happened. Hard to argue with someone who had to change goalies (weak goals) and then claims the team is confident because of great goaltending. I wish the playoffs would just start..

Old
02-03-2013, 01:50 PM
chsb

Quote:
Exactly....tks for the confirmation of what actually happened. Hard to argue with someone who had to change goalies (weak goals) and then claims the team is confident because of great goaltending. I wish the playoffs would just start..
So are you blaming MacDonald in his 3rd start in as many games for the team, to have a counter performance at 16YO?

Our starter is Brennan and he proved consistency so far and MacDonald proved to be a very good backup at 16.
I wonder what you expected here....

Old
02-03-2013, 01:55 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
This is what you saw!

Checking the game sheet, Fucale got 1st star in an away building and Cadorette was not in the 3 stars.
Checking the Titan/BC game, Brennan got 2nd star and Desrosiers did not get one.

Now this goes along the comments from BC fans on the French board....

The opponents' goaltenders were better and also MacDonald got 1st star in Chicoutimi.

What I said reflects the comments I read and not only one game....

Old
02-04-2013, 06:03 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
This is what you saw!

Checking the game sheet, Fucale got 1st star in an away building and Cadorette was not in the 3 stars.
Checking the Titan/BC game, Brennan got 2nd star and Desrosiers did not get one.

Now this goes along the comments from BC fans on the French board....

The opponents' goaltenders were better and also MacDonald got 1st star in Chicoutimi.

What I said reflects the comments I read and not only one game....
McDonald and Fucale were great in their wins. But it doesn't mean Cadorette was the problem. You said BC had a problem in goals. Just because Cadorette didn't play like McDonald or Fucale did doesn't mean he played poorly. He just didn't stand on his head like the other guys.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Catz

Quote:
While you were watching Halifax, I was watching MacDonald get 1st star in Chicoutimi.
Speaking with BC fans after the game, who attended the game, they clearly stated that Fucale was better than their netminder and allowed Halifax the win.

Speaking with the same fans after the game against the Titan, they clearly stated that Brennan, coming in relief of MacDonald, was the difference in the game.

Speaking to the same fans today, they see a clear weakness in nets compared to their weekend opponents.

The Titan might allow numerous shots from the points or from along the walls, but there are not a ton of slot area open shots.

What is making them confident is what you saw as a big question mark at season start....our goaltending.

What allowed these numbers of shots were short handed periods when they had a couple of 5 on 3 against to go through.

All in all a very good weekend for a Titan team missing some good elements.

Wierd Titan give up 50 plus shots again And loose.
I thought this was the recipe to win?
Must be fun being a Titan goalie since you know both going to play each and every night.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:35 PM
rocketfan

at least there was no1 there to see it less than 1000

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:46 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Must be fun being a Titan goalie since you know both going to play each and every night.
Ohp! Titan lost, gotta rush back to the boards to make sure everyone knows.

Must be fun to pick and chose which nights you come on here to bash the Titan and the excuses you use lol. ... Second one on the way Friday?

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Catz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Ohp! Titan lost, gotta rush back to the boards to make sure everyone knows.

Must be fun to pick and chose which nights you come on here to bash the Titan and the excuses you use lol. ... Second one on the way Friday?
I feel bad for you if this site is more important than the birth of kids to you.
Do you need a copy of his birth certificate? Must be a hard life for you if this is all you have. I mean atleast the Titan have one championship Haha

Old
02-07-2013, 04:31 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
i'm sure CHSB will come up with an explanation, it certainly can't be because they got outplayed and out goaltended!!

maybe they didnt do enough stair climbing? or enough intense practices.... seemed like 50-30 shots were not a problem a few days ago, so it can't be that....

who knows

Old
02-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Catz

Quote:
i'm sure CHSB will come up with an explanation, it certainly can't be because they got outplayed and out goaltended!!

maybe they didnt do enough stair climbing? or enough intense practices.... seemed like 50-30 shots were not a problem a few days ago, so it can't be that....

who knows

It's very confusing after the weekend he had them turning the corner and climbing the standings.