HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Baseball
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Baseball MLB, NCAA, International

Several big leaguers in Miami clinic's PED notes, Yankees trying to void A-Rod deal

Old
02-02-2013, 06:36 AM
BPR*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Call Saul View Post
I bought a Xavier Nady shirt once. We all have our regrets.
I bought a Javier Vazquez shirsey in 2004. When they brought him back I dug it out of storage only to be disappointed once again.

BPR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

A-rod allegedly used 19 different drugs

Yankees should can him, he's totally and utterly useless

Take the hit, just rid him

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:53 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
cruz should have been taking his magic baseball pills in game 6 of the 2011 world series.

As a Cardinals' fan, that was a magical moment.

bluesfan94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:47 PM
sparxx87

the sheer stupidity of almost everyone involved is astounding.

A-Fraud should have his name erased from baseball statistics..

People say 'oh, how do we know he only cheated for two years in Texas?' ***** were you dumb enough to believe that?

Guy thinks he's entitled and can do whatever he wants. As much as I'd love to see the Yankees on the hook for the rest of his contract, I hope it gets voided and they sue him for breach of contract - I'm sure there's a clause that states by the rules etc. etc.

What an embarrassment.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Charles View Post
I bought a Javier Vazquez shirsey in 2004. When they brought him back I dug it out of storage only to be disappointed once again.
Can't say I blame you. I was excited both times the Yankees acquired Vazquez.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:14 PM
KH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post

People say 'oh, how do we know he only cheated for two years in Texas?' ***** were you dumb enough to believe that?

Guy thinks he's entitled and can do whatever he wants. As much as I'd love to see the Yankees on the hook for the rest of his contract, I hope it gets voided and they sue him for breach of contract - I'm sure there's a clause that states by the rules etc. etc.

What an embarrassment.
I wouldn't say that everybody involved is stupid. Steroids helped A-Rod make half a billion dollars throughout his career; the Yankees won a World Series and made hundreds of millions off of A-Rod; the MLB made billions off of the Yankees.

Really, the only losers here are the rubes who believe that every cheating baseball player has ripped apart the fabric of American culture.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
I wouldn't say that everybody involved is stupid. Steroids helped A-Rod make half a billion dollars throughout his career; the Yankees won a World Series and made hundreds of millions off of A-Rod; the MLB made billions off of the Yankees.

Really, the only losers here are the rubes who believe that every cheating baseball player has ripped apart the fabric of American culture.
Hahaha this.

I think the list of pure, clean baseball players over the time of the game is a very short list. Every player wants to be the best and get an edge on the next guy.

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
cruz should have been taking his magic baseball pills in game 6 of the 2011 world series.

He could have made that play, but he was terrified of causing another oil spill....

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Valrico Gold

If there's a God in Heaven, he should keep the Yankees on the hook for the entire $115 million they owe A-Rod.

The Yankees and the entire baseball world new Jason Giambi was juicing when the Yankees gave him $110 million.
You'd have to be pretty naive to think the Yankees didn't know about A-Rod before they signed the extension.

Make the evil empire pay.

Valrico Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post

What an embarrassment.
Lawl.

Says the guy who lauds the Melky Cabrera signing.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:44 PM
KH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrico Gold View Post
If there's a God in Heaven, he should keep the Yankees on the hook for the entire $115 million they owe A-Rod.

The Yankees and the entire baseball world new Jason Giambi was juicing when the Yankees gave him $110 million.
You'd have to be pretty naive to think the Yankees didn't know about A-Rod before they signed the extension.

If there is a God in heaven, I'd like to imagine that He's more worried about things like world hunger than separating the billionaire Steinbrenners from a fraction of their fortune to satisfy your anti-Yankees vendetta.

Although, if He is a baseball fan, the evidence suggests pretty strongly that He roots for the Bombers.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:53 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Lawl.

Says the guy who lauds the Melky Cabrera signing.
Not really? It's a low risk, high reward signing. I don't even really like Melky, but I like the idea of a switch hitting 2 hitter with decent speed who can get on base. At the time, I was under the impression that it happened once, I could be wrong. If it happened/happens again, my stance will be much different. As of now, the guy made a mistake and paid for it.

A-Fraud has been cheating for over a decade. Like Lance Armstrong, his cheating made him millions of dollars. Millions of dollars that should have been paid to an honest a deserving player. A player who didn't cheat and get his name near the top of several career statistics.

Melky would have gotten a much bigger payday if not for all this; A-Fraud still got another $200 million dollar contract. Melky paid in more ways then one, did Rodriguez?

Guys a clown. Can't think of anyone more deserving of their fall from grace. Looks good on him, and the Yankees!

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:18 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

i hope danny valencia is thrown out of the league. enough is ****ing enough! we've sat idly by for too ******* long to have guys like rodriguez and braun and valencia make a mockery of our national pastime. i for one hope they slap valencia with a lengthy suspension and seriously think about whether or not pieces of **** like him are allowed back in the league.

drop dead danny valencia. i know you took ped's, even though there's no evidence besides you appearing on a list at a shady clinic, i don't need things like proof. just look at that stat line. we all know that ped's are the only thing that could make a player do this: .188/.199/.299. un****ingbelievable. the gall, the nerve, the absolute ****ing nerve of valencia to make a mockery of baseball, knowing full well that kids look up to him and that he's a former all-star and now someone has to explain to their children that their hero danny valencia was on some kind of drugs. those kids are probably going to grow up to be strippers or car salesmen or, god forbid, lawyers.

this is a dark day for baseball.

"you let me down, man. now i don't believe in nothing no more. i'm going to law school."

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I really don't care. He posted the almost exact same numbers last year as he did in his "dirty" year 2011 and I'm sure he was tested a ton of times.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
i hope danny valencia is thrown out of the league. enough is ****ing enough! we've sat idly by for too ******* long to have guys like rodriguez and braun and valencia make a mockery of our national pastime. i for one hope they slap valencia with a lengthy suspension and seriously think about whether or not pieces of **** like him are allowed back in the league.

drop dead danny valencia. i know you took ped's, even though there's no evidence besides you appearing on a list at a shady clinic, i don't need things like proof. just look at that stat line. we all know that ped's are the only thing that could make a player do this: .188/.199/.299. un****ingbelievable. the gall, the nerve, the absolute ****ing nerve of valencia to make a mockery of baseball, knowing full well that kids look up to him and that he's a former all-star and now someone has to explain to their children that their hero danny valencia was on some kind of drugs. those kids are probably going to grow up to be strippers or car salesmen or, god forbid, lawyers.

"you let me down, man. now i don't believe in nothing no more. i'm going to law school."
Stop it dude, we all know without steroids Valencia woulda hit .088/.099/.199. with 0 HR

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrico Gold View Post

If there is a God in heaven I hope he's just enough to reap justice on the hundreds of users over the years and undoubtedly ALL 30 TEAMS who at one point employed one, or reap none at all, and not just single out the Yankees like most fans do simply because the Yankees pissed in their Cheerios by making the postseason 16 times in 17 seasons.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:18 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Charles View Post
<----- Esteban Loaiza and Shingo Takatsu White Sox jersey's

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:27 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

i own a john lackey jersey teeshirt.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:40 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

I wish I could take PEDs and be good at baseball.

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:42 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

just find a way to take them. it's all you need to do, you don't need talent at all.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

I don't even give a **** about PED's. Most of the players on them are the proverbial quadruple A player. It's a crock of ****.

I'm more upset with A-Rod's lying, constant injuries, and poor performance.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:

Danny Valencia is a hero. You take that back.

02-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I don't even give a **** about PED's. Most of the players on them are the proverbial quadruple A player. It's a crock of ****.

I'm more upset with A-Rod's lying, constant injuries, and poor performance.
You do realize he was likely seeing this guy to heal quicker from his constant injuries?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:41 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

i'm just going to start leaving slips of paper in various pill mills around here.

"derek jeter. david murphy. nate mclouth." one will say.

"brett anderson. reed johnson. yovanni gallardo." another will say.

just pull a few names out of a hat and start a bunch of ****.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Have one with Yuniesky Betancourt on it. No will argue about PEDs ever again.

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote