HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Baseball
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Baseball MLB, NCAA, International

Several big leaguers in Miami clinic's PED notes, Yankees trying to void A-Rod deal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 06:36 AM
  #51
BPR*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 26,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Call Saul View Post
I bought a Xavier Nady shirt once. We all have our regrets.
I bought a Javier Vazquez shirsey in 2004. When they brought him back I dug it out of storage only to be disappointed once again.

BPR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:17 PM
  #52
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 182,977
vCash: 500
A-rod allegedly used 19 different drugs

Yankees should can him, he's totally and utterly useless

Take the hit, just rid him

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:53 PM
  #53
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 8,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
cruz should have been taking his magic baseball pills in game 6 of the 2011 world series.

As a Cardinals' fan, that was a magical moment.

bluesfan94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:47 PM
  #54
sparxx87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,723
vCash: 500
the sheer stupidity of almost everyone involved is astounding.

A-Fraud should have his name erased from baseball statistics..

People say 'oh, how do we know he only cheated for two years in Texas?' ***** were you dumb enough to believe that?

Guy thinks he's entitled and can do whatever he wants. As much as I'd love to see the Yankees on the hook for the rest of his contract, I hope it gets voided and they sue him for breach of contract - I'm sure there's a clause that states by the rules etc. etc.

What an embarrassment.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
  #55
Better Call Saul
Registered User
 
Better Call Saul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Charles View Post
I bought a Javier Vazquez shirsey in 2004. When they brought him back I dug it out of storage only to be disappointed once again.
Can't say I blame you. I was excited both times the Yankees acquired Vazquez.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:14 PM
  #56
KH1
Registered User
 
KH1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Under the cap floor
Country: United States
Posts: 16,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
the sheer stupidity of almost everyone involved is astounding.

A-Fraud should have his name erased from baseball statistics..

People say 'oh, how do we know he only cheated for two years in Texas?' ***** were you dumb enough to believe that?

Guy thinks he's entitled and can do whatever he wants. As much as I'd love to see the Yankees on the hook for the rest of his contract, I hope it gets voided and they sue him for breach of contract - I'm sure there's a clause that states by the rules etc. etc.

What an embarrassment.
I wouldn't say that everybody involved is stupid. Steroids helped A-Rod make half a billion dollars throughout his career; the Yankees won a World Series and made hundreds of millions off of A-Rod; the MLB made billions off of the Yankees.

Really, the only losers here are the rubes who believe that every cheating baseball player has ripped apart the fabric of American culture.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:50 PM
  #57
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 17,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
I wouldn't say that everybody involved is stupid. Steroids helped A-Rod make half a billion dollars throughout his career; the Yankees won a World Series and made hundreds of millions off of A-Rod; the MLB made billions off of the Yankees.

Really, the only losers here are the rubes who believe that every cheating baseball player has ripped apart the fabric of American culture.
Hahaha this.

I think the list of pure, clean baseball players over the time of the game is a very short list. Every player wants to be the best and get an edge on the next guy.

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:51 PM
  #58
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 17,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
cruz should have been taking his magic baseball pills in game 6 of the 2011 world series.

He could have made that play, but he was terrified of causing another oil spill....

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:57 PM
  #59
Valrico Gold
Registered User
 
Valrico Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,405
vCash: 500
If there's a God in Heaven, he should keep the Yankees on the hook for the entire $115 million they owe A-Rod.

The Yankees and the entire baseball world new Jason Giambi was juicing when the Yankees gave him $110 million.
You'd have to be pretty naive to think the Yankees didn't know about A-Rod before they signed the extension.

Make the evil empire pay.

Valrico Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:53 PM
  #60
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
the sheer stupidity of almost everyone involved is astounding.

A-Fraud should have his name erased from baseball statistics..

People say 'oh, how do we know he only cheated for two years in Texas?' ***** were you dumb enough to believe that?

Guy thinks he's entitled and can do whatever he wants. As much as I'd love to see the Yankees on the hook for the rest of his contract, I hope it gets voided and they sue him for breach of contract - I'm sure there's a clause that states by the rules etc. etc.

What an embarrassment.
Lawl.

Says the guy who lauds the Melky Cabrera signing.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:44 PM
  #61
KH1
Registered User
 
KH1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Under the cap floor
Country: United States
Posts: 16,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrico Gold View Post
If there's a God in Heaven, he should keep the Yankees on the hook for the entire $115 million they owe A-Rod.

The Yankees and the entire baseball world new Jason Giambi was juicing when the Yankees gave him $110 million.
You'd have to be pretty naive to think the Yankees didn't know about A-Rod before they signed the extension.

Make the evil empire pay.
If there is a God in heaven, I'd like to imagine that He's more worried about things like world hunger than separating the billionaire Steinbrenners from a fraction of their fortune to satisfy your anti-Yankees vendetta.

Although, if He is a baseball fan, the evidence suggests pretty strongly that He roots for the Bombers.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:53 PM
  #62
sparxx87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Lawl.

Says the guy who lauds the Melky Cabrera signing.
Not really? It's a low risk, high reward signing. I don't even really like Melky, but I like the idea of a switch hitting 2 hitter with decent speed who can get on base. At the time, I was under the impression that it happened once, I could be wrong. If it happened/happens again, my stance will be much different. As of now, the guy made a mistake and paid for it.

A-Fraud has been cheating for over a decade. Like Lance Armstrong, his cheating made him millions of dollars. Millions of dollars that should have been paid to an honest a deserving player. A player who didn't cheat and get his name near the top of several career statistics.

Melky would have gotten a much bigger payday if not for all this; A-Fraud still got another $200 million dollar contract. Melky paid in more ways then one, did Rodriguez?

Guys a clown. Can't think of anyone more deserving of their fall from grace. Looks good on him, and the Yankees!

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:18 AM
  #63
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 18,530
vCash: 500
i hope danny valencia is thrown out of the league. enough is ****ing enough! we've sat idly by for too ******* long to have guys like rodriguez and braun and valencia make a mockery of our national pastime. i for one hope they slap valencia with a lengthy suspension and seriously think about whether or not pieces of **** like him are allowed back in the league.

drop dead danny valencia. i know you took ped's, even though there's no evidence besides you appearing on a list at a shady clinic, i don't need things like proof. just look at that stat line. we all know that ped's are the only thing that could make a player do this: .188/.199/.299. un****ingbelievable. the gall, the nerve, the absolute ****ing nerve of valencia to make a mockery of baseball, knowing full well that kids look up to him and that he's a former all-star and now someone has to explain to their children that their hero danny valencia was on some kind of drugs. those kids are probably going to grow up to be strippers or car salesmen or, god forbid, lawyers.

this is a dark day for baseball.



"you let me down, man. now i don't believe in nothing no more. i'm going to law school."

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:26 AM
  #64
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,147
vCash: 500
I really don't care. He posted the almost exact same numbers last year as he did in his "dirty" year 2011 and I'm sure he was tested a ton of times.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:32 AM
  #65
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
i hope danny valencia is thrown out of the league. enough is ****ing enough! we've sat idly by for too ******* long to have guys like rodriguez and braun and valencia make a mockery of our national pastime. i for one hope they slap valencia with a lengthy suspension and seriously think about whether or not pieces of **** like him are allowed back in the league.

drop dead danny valencia. i know you took ped's, even though there's no evidence besides you appearing on a list at a shady clinic, i don't need things like proof. just look at that stat line. we all know that ped's are the only thing that could make a player do this: .188/.199/.299. un****ingbelievable. the gall, the nerve, the absolute ****ing nerve of valencia to make a mockery of baseball, knowing full well that kids look up to him and that he's a former all-star and now someone has to explain to their children that their hero danny valencia was on some kind of drugs. those kids are probably going to grow up to be strippers or car salesmen or, god forbid, lawyers.

this is a dark day for baseball.



"you let me down, man. now i don't believe in nothing no more. i'm going to law school."
Stop it dude, we all know without steroids Valencia woulda hit .088/.099/.199. with 0 HR

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:20 PM
  #66
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrico Gold View Post
If there's a God in Heaven, he should keep the Yankees on the hook for the entire $115 million they owe A-Rod.

The Yankees and the entire baseball world new Jason Giambi was juicing when the Yankees gave him $110 million.
You'd have to be pretty naive to think the Yankees didn't know about A-Rod before they signed the extension.

Make the evil empire pay.
If there is a God in heaven I hope he's just enough to reap justice on the hundreds of users over the years and undoubtedly ALL 30 TEAMS who at one point employed one, or reap none at all, and not just single out the Yankees like most fans do simply because the Yankees pissed in their Cheerios by making the postseason 16 times in 17 seasons.

__________________


DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:18 PM
  #67
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dry Island
Posts: 9,767
vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Charles View Post
I bought a Javier Vazquez shirsey in 2004. When they brought him back I dug it out of storage only to be disappointed once again.
<----- Esteban Loaiza and Shingo Takatsu White Sox jersey's

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:27 PM
  #68
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 18,530
vCash: 500
i own a john lackey jersey teeshirt.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:40 PM
  #69
DennisReynolds
the implication
 
DennisReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 500
I wish I could take PEDs and be good at baseball.

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:42 PM
  #70
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 18,530
vCash: 500
just find a way to take them. it's all you need to do, you don't need talent at all.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:37 PM
  #71
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,099
vCash: 500
I don't even give a **** about PED's. Most of the players on them are the proverbial quadruple A player. It's a crock of ****.

I'm more upset with A-Rod's lying, constant injuries, and poor performance.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:11 PM
  #72
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,823
vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
i hope danny valencia is thrown out of the league. enough is ****ing enough! we've sat idly by for too ******* long to have guys like rodriguez and braun and valencia make a mockery of our national pastime. i for one hope they slap valencia with a lengthy suspension and seriously think about whether or not pieces of **** like him are allowed back in the league.

drop dead danny valencia. i know you took ped's, even though there's no evidence besides you appearing on a list at a shady clinic, i don't need things like proof. just look at that stat line. we all know that ped's are the only thing that could make a player do this: .188/.199/.299. un****ingbelievable. the gall, the nerve, the absolute ****ing nerve of valencia to make a mockery of baseball, knowing full well that kids look up to him and that he's a former all-star and now someone has to explain to their children that their hero danny valencia was on some kind of drugs. those kids are probably going to grow up to be strippers or car salesmen or, god forbid, lawyers.

this is a dark day for baseball.



"you let me down, man. now i don't believe in nothing no more. i'm going to law school."
Danny Valencia is a hero. You take that back.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:31 PM
  #73
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I don't even give a **** about PED's. Most of the players on them are the proverbial quadruple A player. It's a crock of ****.

I'm more upset with A-Rod's lying, constant injuries, and poor performance.
You do realize he was likely seeing this guy to heal quicker from his constant injuries?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:41 PM
  #74
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 18,530
vCash: 500
i'm just going to start leaving slips of paper in various pill mills around here.

"derek jeter. david murphy. nate mclouth." one will say.

"brett anderson. reed johnson. yovanni gallardo." another will say.

just pull a few names out of a hat and start a bunch of ****.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:46 PM
  #75
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,823
vCash: 81
Have one with Yuniesky Betancourt on it. No will argue about PEDs ever again.

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.