HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 12.0 - The "Un-Stickied" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 04:03 PM
gelu88

vCash: 500
Went to practice today for the first time. 20 min Metro plus 40min Bus ride made it quite a trek for this south shore-ite

Ubi and Rivas stayed on the sidelines the whole time, reaction and stretching exercises mainly, plus stationary bike.

I think Brovsky did the whole practice. I first saw him halfway in and he played full effort during the 11v11 game they did at the end. He looked 100%.

Also rumors say a Brazilian might join the team in Florida. Keep an eye out for the news.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:16 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Lol like someone said on Impactsoccer.com, Rivas is practicing for Le Tour de France.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Went to practice today for the first time. 20 min Metro plus 40min Bus ride made it quite a trek for this south shore-ite

Ubi and Rivas stayed on the sidelines the whole time, reaction and stretching exercises mainly, plus stationary bike.

I think Brovsky did the whole practice. I first saw him halfway in and he played full effort during the 11v11 game they did at the end. He looked 100%.

Also rumors say a Brazilian might join the team in Florida. Keep an eye out for the news.
I was wondering if there were any players joining the team on tryout in Florida. We had a bunch last year and Ferrari was one of them.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:45 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Lol like someone said on Impactsoccer.com, Rivas is practicing for Le Tour de France.
I don't know why, but this made me laugh for a solid 2 minutes

Old
02-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Captain Saku

There are 3 interesting articles on Lapresse about the Impact:

1) Pascal Milano talking about Shallibaum's experiments: http://blogues.lapresse.ca/soccer/20...e-schallibaum/

2) Milano again talking about Felipe: http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/soccer...0_section_POS4

3) Patrick Leduc saying that Marsch wanted to take back full control and gave ultimatum to NDS which led to his firing: http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/soccer...5_article_POS2

1st article is pretty much confirming that we're playing 4-3-3.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

433 makes sense with the abundance of wingers. I reckon it will mostlikely be a holding 4-3-3 if so. One attacking mid, one relaying mid, and one defensive mid. In order, I reckon it will be Felipe @ AM., Bernier as relaying (Counter attack, playmaking defensive mid) and Camara as the purely defensive one.

It also makes sense, because NDS said yesterday on Oranges at Halftime with Noel Butler that "Nothing was confirmed", but that "We are looking for an offensive player [with our South American contacts] that can either play as the Striker, or on the wings". So 433 with really quick wingers could actually be good.

Unfortunately, on Paper, Arnaud and Mapp are the first two on the depth chart as wingers, which isn't ideal for a 433, cause when you play 433, your wingers must be quick, technically savvy, able to create chances down the flanks, but also to create chances for themselves and bury them.

Nyassi, Pisanu, Smith (From the few videos I have watched) and to a certain extent Wenger are the kind of players you want on the wings for a 433, not Arnaud and Mapp. They are more wide-sided midfielders at my eyes

Old
02-06-2013, 07:35 PM
justsomeguy

Went to practice again today. Remembered to take a book for the bus ride this time. Spoke to a few folks.

http://the11.ca/2013/02/07/impact-pl...n-actual-game/

Now off to read Benzaza and Leduc

Old
02-06-2013, 08:22 PM
shawnt*

I was about to buy tickets for the home opener and saw that there is $7 service fee per ticket. I remember someone here saying that its avoidable. Anyone know how?

Old
02-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Padrino86

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnt View Post
I was about to buy tickets for the home opener and saw that there is $7 service fee per ticket. I remember someone here saying that its avoidable. Anyone know how?
By picking them up.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Geester76

Did you guys already received your season tickets and should I start to put pressure on the Impact's marketing guy?

Old
02-06-2013, 11:50 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Last few minutes rumors on Twitter has us getting Andres Fabricio Romero from Argentina, former Argentina U-20

Old
02-06-2013, 11:54 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Last few minutes rumors on Twitter has us getting Andres Fabricio Romero from Argentina on loan, former Argentina U-20
Is he any good?

Old
02-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Is he any good?
Well to save others research he is 23 and from Argentina. Plays as a striker with Nautico in Seria A of the Brasilian league.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:59 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Edited my first post btw. Woulden't be on loan. Nothing mentioned, just the name, so I reckon it would be a permanent deal.

Do I know him? No. But the fact that he was an Argentinan U-20 probably means he is, or was somewhat good.

Wikipedia:
Quote:
In January 2009 Romero was selected to join the Argentina under-20 squad for the 2009 South American Youth Championship in Venezuela, and featured in most of the games as a late substitute. Romero did start the final two matches, a tie versus Venezuela and a loss to Colombia.[1][2]
Right now he does play in a Liga Do Brasil (First division in Brasil)

Old
02-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Captain Saku

Getting a striker is nice but we also need midfield

Old
02-07-2013, 12:09 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Getting a striker is nice but we also need midfield
I think we're fine in the middle. Felipe, Bernier, Camara (Depends) , Warner, Ubiparipovic Mallace, Monge(If he makes it)

NDS said he wanted a Striker that can play winger, and IF we do play 433 (as suggested in the articles posted above) it could make sense.

I can't find anything on Andres Fabricio Romero asides the information posted above. Not on the team's wikipedia page, not on their website, yet hes on their roster @ Transfermarkt, confirming he does/did indeed play for them. His value seems to have gone down throughout the years though. Seemed to have a lot of promise, and just went down hill according to the graphs. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/an...ler_88104.html

Here's a video I found on him

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 02-07-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old
02-07-2013, 12:34 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

@Alegiordano11 confirms the news. Seems to be a local journalist. Reports say he will be with the team in Orlando tomorrow, so could be a trial like we had with a couple of players last year

Old
02-07-2013, 12:47 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Seems to be a speedy winger with decent technique if you watch highlights from the U20 Argentine team. Not sure about MLS strength and endurance though.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:00 AM
gunners14henry

a beat writer for the Impact also confirming the news:

Quote:
Pablo A. Ortiz ‏@PabloJinko
Argentinian striker Andrés Fabricio Romero is in Montreal and apparently will travel tomorrow to Orlando with the team. #IMFC
He also tweeted that he's not sure if it's a permanent deal or a trial.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I think we're fine in the middle. Felipe, Bernier, Camara (Depends) , Warner, Ubiparipovic Mallace, Monge(If he makes it)

NDS said he wanted a Striker that can play winger, and IF we do play 433 (as suggested in the articles posted above) it could make sense.

I can't find anything on Andres Fabricio Romero asides the information posted above. Not on the team's wikipedia page, not on their website, yet hes on their roster @ Transfermarkt, confirming he does/did indeed play for them. His value seems to have gone down throughout the years though. Seemed to have a lot of promise, and just went down hill according to the graphs. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/an...ler_88104.html

Here's a video I found on him
We should be looking for quality rather than quantity. We have a lot that can play midfield but if either afelipe or Bernier get injured we're done.

I also don't see how Arnaud and Mapp fit in a 4-3-3 system, even as substitutes, this formation relies heavily on speedy and creative wingers and they're both the exact opposite. Well except Mapp he could be creative but his decision making is frkn slow.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:36 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
We should be looking for quality rather than quantity. We have a lot that can play midfield but if either afelipe or Bernier get injured we're done.

I also don't see how Arnaud and Mapp fit in a 4-3-3 system, even as substitutes, this formation relies heavily on speedy and creative wingers and they're both the exact opposite. Well except Mapp he could be creative but his decision making is frkn slow.
As I posted earlier, I totally agree with you. Mapp and Arnaud are not 433 material. They both are Wide Midfielders. But when you look further down the depth charts, you might understand why Schallibaum could consider it. Also Di Vaio isn't the typical target man for a winger system, lets say.

As for Quality over quantity I have to agree, but disagree at the same time. Our biggest problem last year was that we had no depth. When we tried to rest players, we basically put out a NASL team on the fielder. Or whenever one player was taking a game off or was injured, our replacements/2nd stringers weren't, well.. Making an impact

Old
02-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Maxpac

5 goals in 6 games in the Brazil Liga which is a higher caliber than MLS, not bad!

Old
02-07-2013, 01:10 PM
gelu88

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnt View Post
Just to repeat the point, no one should EVER need to pay admission.com for tickets.

The best way is to call the stadium boxoffice at 514-328-3668, and buy them for FACE VALUE.

the prices on the team site include taxes, so when you buy over the phone you pay exactly that.

I keep the admission site open so that I can choose seats along with the box office person. Even though they have access to more tickets than the site, it helps to get an idea of whats available.

you tell them your credit card info over the phone, they charge you and you pick up the tickets at a booth next to the main entrance. They have to check your credit card though.

Last edited by gelu88: 02-07-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old
02-07-2013, 03:29 PM
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
a beat writer for the Impact also confirming the news:

He also tweeted that he's not sure if it's a permanent deal or a trial.
It's a loan.

"We've been talking about looking for an attacking player, a forward/winger, that is versatile and Romero fits that role," said Impact sporting director Nick De Santis. "He's played at a very high level in Argentina and Brazil. He's at a good age and now it's up to him to acclimatize to a new style of soccer. I think he's going to bring a lot of speed and good technical qualities that will help make this team better."

-from team media release

Old
02-07-2013, 03:38 PM
shawnt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Just to repeat the point, no one should EVER need to pay admission.com for tickets.

The best way is to call the stadium boxoffice at 514-328-3668, and buy them for FACE VALUE.

the prices on the team site include taxes, so when you buy over the phone you pay exactly that.

I keep the admission site open so that I can choose seats along with the box office person. Even though they have access to more tickets than the site, it helps to get an idea of whats available.

you tell them your credit card info over the phone, they charge you and you pick up the tickets at a booth next to the main entrance. They have to check your credit card though.
Thanks for taking the time to help.

Closed Thread