HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v25: Terrence Ross named to Slam Dunk Competition

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Animal

vCash: 500
why is ed davis averaging 6 minutes a night in memphis? Give him back to us

Old
02-06-2013, 09:03 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yeah I feel bad for Ed

Old
02-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Animal

davis managed to grab 6 rebounds in 3 minutes, bargnani grabbed 3 in 24

Old
02-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs21 View Post
why is ed davis averaging 6 minutes a night in memphis? Give him back to us
Gasol, Zbo and Arthur. Deep front court over there.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Gasol, Zbo and Arthur. Deep front court over there.
well yea but why'd they get him then? They'd be better off flipping him somewhere else and getting something they need

Old
02-06-2013, 09:19 PM
glasses91

vCash: 250
if anything detroit should have picked up davis and calderon should be in memphis with gasol...

I hope bargnani does well for awhile because I cant stand anderson and gray anymore...

Old
02-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Kb21

i found it funny how dwayne casey was defending andrea because of the welcome he got, he hasn't been here long enough to be defending bargs. someone should tell casey the reason we hate him is because in 7 years he has not gotten better at anything except eating primo pasta and getting paid by BC.

as for the game, i noticed we have stopped moving the ball as much now and why the hell is anderson on the court so much. i understand he can stretch the floor but he has no value other then shooting the 3, i'm sure ross can suffice in that role. watching anderson not rolling to barbosa off a pick in roll, in the 4th where lowry got caught, was just flat out lazy for him. he has been doing that a lot lately, being lazy.

IMO our closing 5 should be amir, gay, lowry, DD, ross. ross needs to learn to defend some time and why not use this season. also i don't see much difference between him and anderson, other then the fact that anderson does a really good robert dinero face when he gets called for a foul.

Last edited by Kb21: 02-06-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Kb21

Quote:
well yea but why'd they get him then? They'd be better off flipping him somewhere else and getting something they need
not sure sactown does it but he should of been flipped to them for jimmer. that is exactly what memphis needs, high % perimeter shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses91 View Post
if anything detroit should have picked up davis and calderon should be in memphis with gasol...

I hope bargnani does well for awhile because I cant stand anderson and gray anymore...

i actually prefer gray over anderson and andrea because gray knows his role. the other two get lost on the court sometimes when the ball isn't in their hands.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:30 PM
glasses91

vCash: 250
"the fact that anderson does a really good robert dinero face when he gets called for a foul."

lmao true, he ugly!

Am I the only thinking "oh no" whenever hes throwing one up?

Old
02-06-2013, 09:50 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
anderson should never shoot or touch the ball, just defend

Old
02-06-2013, 11:59 PM
johnnyutah

Derozan is 50 pts away from passing antonio davis and becoming the raptors 7th all time point leader. I wonder how much higher he will climb on that list. Could he one day pass Chris Bosh as number 1?

Old
02-07-2013, 12:54 AM
LloydChristmas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah View Post
Derozan is 50 pts away from passing antonio davis and becoming the raptors 7th all time point leader. I wonder how much higher he will climb on that list. Could he one day pass Chris Bosh as number 1?
Bosh's stats in his second year in the league were as good if not better than Derozan's are today (a point less per game, but far better FG%) so if he ever does, it will be a long while from now. I doubt it actually ever happens.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
God I hope not. If he's here that long that will be depressing. Anyone notice how terrible he was defensively again today? Was getting crossed and beat off the dribble so many times.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:00 AM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Rumours are they are gonna flip Randolph as part of their cost cutting. I'd hate to be a Memphis fan. OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay and now Zach Randolph is rumoured out next. That entire team is dismantled and they were contenders.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:40 AM
johnnyutah

how was Tracy Mcgrady able to walk as a free agent after only playing 3 seasons? shouldnt he have been an RFA not a UFA, I thought the nba had similar free agent rules to the nhl?

Old
02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
how was Tracy Mcgrady able to walk as a free agent after only playing 3 seasons? shouldnt he have been an RFA not a UFA, I thought the nba had similar free agent rules to the nhl?
Those weren't the rules in 2000 when he left.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Leafsforlife98

Quote:
I bet they move Zach Randolph. He makes way too much money, and some teams could really use a brusier like him in the low post. It kinda looks like Memphis is re-building as weird as that sounds considering their position in the West. They get rid of thier best wing player and now are shopping one of their best post players. The new owners are clearly looking to shred salaries.They are already under the luxury tax and still looking to move salaries. Ed was the KEY piece to the Gay trade and he will be starting at some point. Most likely next year, cuz if Memphis trades their leading scorer and best wing player, for a guy who isn't playing and doesn't have a big role going forward, it will look real bad on the GM.

The reason Davis is not playing right now is the depth they have, plus the fact that he is still a young player trying to learn a whole new system. Memphis is in the race so they just can't throw him our there and just give him minutes and let him play through his mistakes. They are going to take their time with him, slowly let him learn the system and allow him to then earn some minutes through hard practices. If he shows real progress, Z-BO will be traded.

So just wait some time, he will be getting minutes.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Leafsforlife98

It's funny, Rudy Gay said in an interview that he thinks the Raptors are 1 piece away from being a serious contender.

He also really likes Derozan. As much as I want them to trade him, it's not happening. Lowry isn't going anywhere as well. Neither is Valancuinas. So going forward, the PG, SG, SF and C positions are locked up going forward.

Amir Johnson isn't going anywhere as he is the heart of the team and steadily improving.

That kind of scares me. Colangelo has pretty much come out and said Bargnani is gonna be traded and since we all know his value isn't great, to move him and get something back of quality he will have to be packaged with someone. The only one left on our Roster that has real value is Terrance Ross. I am really scared he will be packged with Bargnani to get a good power forward and some depth.

I do not want to see Ross moved, but I can really see it happening.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
Kunitz sucks balls

The best move forward (IMO) is to wait till the season is over before moving Bargs. Let him play some games to try and work up his value somewhat, while missing the playoffs and giving OKC our pick. Package Bargs with a 1st (2015) with the same condition as the Lowry pick and then see if anyone bites.

TRoss won't be moved. If he was an untouchable for Rudy Gay, he is most definitely not gonna be used to sweeten a deal for Bargs.

EDIT: I mean to say Bargs + 1st (2015) for a PWF.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

i haven't watched the raps much obvious but is the defensive game weak like last night?

02-07-2013, 10:03 AM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
The best move forward (IMO) is to wait till the season is over before moving Bargs. Let him play some games to try and work up his value somewhat, while missing the playoffs and giving OKC our pick. Package Bargs with a 1st (2015) with the same condition as the Lowry pick and then see if anyone bites.

TRoss won't be moved. If he was an untouchable for Rudy Gay, he is most definitely not gonna be used to sweeten a deal for Bargs.

I would do this for sure. Even in a sign and trade for one of the good PWF's that are coming up to FA/RFA.

Even as it stands, we're not bad enough to be a top 5 pick... and with Gay in the lineup we're not going to be that bad on '15 either.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Leafsforlife98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post

That sounds good to me, but it scares me if Bargnani bottoms out this season, or even worse gets injured AGAIN and we get stuck with his cap hit going forward and are unable to move him. At least now if we move him, he might have some value based on potential. It's a high risk high reward if we keep him. He could increase his value and be packaged with a 1st round pick and get us exactly what we need, but I honestly don't have enough faith in Bargnani to get back to being the 20 point guy with Gay, Derozan and Lowry taking most of the shots. If he is only getting 6-8 shots from the bench, I can't see him increasing his value very much.

I also don't think Colangelo wants to have this Bargnani thing floating over the team for the rest of the year and going into next season. I also don't know if I can see him just cutting his loses and just sending him away for nothing. His job is on the line to have this team looking like a lock for next years playoffs. So if Bargnani doesn't increase his value, this problem will be floating over the team next year when BC is trying to re-make the image of the team. Bargnani has to go.

So he will have to package him with someone of value to get back anything of significance. Who on this team has trade value that can be packaged with him to bring back a quality player?

Rudy Gay
Demar Derozan
Jonas Valancuinas
Terrance Ross
Kyle Lowry
Amir Johnson

After that, there is not much. So out of those guys, who goes?

It is obviously not Rudy Gay (New face of Franchise) or Jonas Valancuinas (Waited for this guy, I doubt he gives him up yet).

I don't think it is Lowry (Ties to Gay, and Price paid for him) and Derozan (BC loves him, and teammates seem to as well).

So that basically leaves Amir Johnson or Terrance Ross as the most likely to be packaged with Bargnani. And I really don't think that BC Trades Amir Johnson. The guy is the heart of the team. So as much as I hate to say it, it might have to be Terrance Ross, or wait until the offseason and hope Bargnani increases his value somehow and be packed with future 1st round picks.

I just don't have enough faith in Bargnani to be able to increase his value. Do you?

Old
02-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

I doubt BC would package Ross or 1st round pick to get rid of Bargnani. If nobody is willing to take just him, then they could always amnesty him. There are worse contracts in the league and Bargnani will be intriguing to at least some team(s) so I doubt they would amnesty him but is an option if they can't find any takers.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
I doubt BC would package Ross or 1st round pick to get rid of Bargnani. If nobody is willing to take just him, then they could always amnesty him. There are worse contracts in the league and Bargnani will be intriguing to at least some team(s) so I doubt they would amnesty him but is an option if they can't find any takers.
Yeah why package up Ross with Bargs just to get rid of him? No matter the trade, we will have to take salary back (likely an undesired contract) from another team to make the trade work. I'd rather just amnesty Bargs and then let Kleiza expire. I hate the idea of using your amnesty on an expiring contract like Kleizas.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
Kunitz sucks balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
I was talking about packaging Bargs + 1st for a PWF. Not just to dump him.

Closed Thread