HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Lose 2-1

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 10:17 PM
JSBach

vCash: 500
I wasn't able to watch the third period, but we all but dominated the firs two, so can anybody tell me what the hell happened?

Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
A hot goalie and a terrible start to the 3rd doomed us. We played well enough for the other 58 minutes but I knew we'd be hard pressed to get one past Rask that wasn't a flukey tip like Subban's goal.

Cole needs to wake up. He's played maybe 2 good games so far and this wasn't one of them. Patches was fine and DD was the best player on that line IMO.

Pleks played pretty well but if he had buried one of his 3 glorious chances we'd be singing a different tune. Blew his coverage on the GWG too. Gionta was pretty invisible (1 goal in 8 games now?) but Bourque continued his good play.

PGG line was pretty invisible as a whole, and I don't think we should be counting on them for regular offense. Which is all the more reason why the DD line needs to get their **** together as a whole.

Fourth line was all right. Armstrong played probably his best game of the year (not saying much). Eller too really needed to bury his chances but showed some jump. Moen was invisible.

D wasn't great. Emelin gets exposed pretty badly when he gets running around in his own zone trying to figure out who to cover, and he lost it on the first goal. Markov was all right but his passes seemed off and overall very casual. Terrible pass/shot at the end of the game to seal it for the B's. Subban was both ends of the spectrum, a nice goal and a backbreaking, stupid penalty. Bouillon played really well. Gorges and Diaz were all right. Price was good.

Sucks to lose that way and to that team, but you just gotta move on. It wasn't a terrible effort by any means.

Old
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quick notes:

1. Gionta has to make himself useful. No kidding. He's doing absolutely nothing out there. In fact, I can't even say he looks quick anymore. He's slower than ever and weak on the puck.

2. You want to retire Cole? No problem. Go ahead. No kidding, I can't believe how idiot this guy is. Coming in this season with that state of mind announced nothing good.

3. Therrien has been great so far, but he has to learn when to call a timeout.

4. On Therrien again, I'm all for putting the young guys in winning conditions out there, but you got to use them more. 6 minutes for every bottom-6 player out there after two periods is laughable. You can do it when you coach Crosby and Malkin. When you coach a team like us? It's ridiculous.

5. Gallagher was intimidated big time. He can say whatever he wants, his play along the boards just wasn't the same.

6. Diaz had an off game and looks more and more like he was riding Markov's shotgun to be honest.

7. Way too many opportunities missed.

8. Moen, when you get asked to drop, especially when you're playing that kind of role, you don't let the other guy laugh at you in the face. McQuaid ragdolling Moen and Moen turning down an invitation gave a lot of momentum to the Bruins. And naturally, when Prust tried to do the same in the 3rd, McQuaid played that game and refused as well.

Well... off to the next game.

Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Momentum speaks loudly. This is Thierrien's loss.
Yes, MT was busy blowing countless chances around the net all night.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:18 PM
BobbyFischer*

so first it's Thomas who stones us..

then he's gone.. now we have to deal with Rask for another 10yrs..

FML

Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Nice win against Toronto tonight. Leblanc with 2 goals.

(AHL)
At least Leblanc is finally healthy, giving us hope for the future besides Tinordi and Beaulieu...I hope he can finish the AHL season strong and make the Habs next year. I don't want him in the NHL this year, especially after his start.

Old
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Games like this happen. You can't win them all. Just unfortunate it had to be against Boston.

Felt like our guys were playing with their sticks upside down. Good news is that we have another important division game tomorrow. Rip this page out of the notebook and start on a new one. Big game in less than 24 hours. Rarely do teams get unlucky 2 nights in a row.

Old
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Please, please direct some heat toward this guy and vindicate my frustration
I love Gionta but someone needs to explain to him not every shot needs to be a slapshot. He had so many opportunities, yet always wires it wide.

Old
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If the other team has 4 guys lined up at the blueline, you HAVE to dump it, trying to beat them leads to turnovers and goals...taht's Boston's "rope a dope" style.
Don't agree. The few times we actually carried it in, we kept the puck. Bourque broke through so many times.

Old
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBach View Post
I wasn't able to watch the third period, but we all but dominated the firs two, so can anybody tell me what the hell happened?
We sucked in the 2nd

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
Well we just saw the difference between a good and a great coach.
So Egghead told his goalie to stop everything and told our guys to miss glorious chances?

Don't get me wrong, Julien is an underrated coach but this loss wasn't on Therrien.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:19 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Literally everyone is blaming every different thing with the Habs.

It wasn't that bad a game, it was entertaining even. I don't mind losing to the Bruins in a clean game and going on to win a couple on a stroll. The team is a work-in-progress and frankly the lines HAVE GOT TO change so this might be the spark.

We play again tomorrow though, and that kinda scares me.

Old
JSBach

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
We sucked in the 2nd
Perhaps I had a memory lapse then, but at least they didn't score.

Last edited by JSBach: 02-06-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Bad game, but they were still working hard. A few thoughts;

* Moving Eller to the kid line with one shift left was stupid. Should have been done mid-way through the third.

* I don't know what Moen and Colby are bringing to the team right now. They seem useless, and I like Moen.

* Cole is so streaky. He seems interested one shift, then the next shift just glides around. His effort this season has been worse than Kovalev. No joke.

* We need to stop dumping and chasing so much. We are losing so much puck possession because we can't get it back. We need to carry the puck sometimes. Switch it up.
I disagree on the dump and chase thing. The Habs won a lot of puck battles tonight and were able to maintain the pressure quite often. In the end, it has worked so far for the Canadiens, and it worked tonight as well. They did lose, but they were still the better team on the ice for most of the game. Why change things up?

I was all for giving Armstrong a chance, but that hit tonight was his first real contribution to the team this season. Please bring White back in next game! He has way more offensive awareness and is grittier.

Old
BergyDGD
Hockey season yet?

Good game guys. Bruins caught a break that Tuukka stood on his head and the offense decided to wake up for roughly 2 minutes.

Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Yes, MT was busy blowing countless chances around the net all night.
MT has a good deal of responsibility here...not moving Eller up until the third, especially when the kid line was hopeless, putting the Plek line back out immediately after the line that torched them, continuing to use the useless "first" line.

Old
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
PGG line was pretty invisible as a whole, and I don't think we should be counting on them for regular offense. Which is all the more reason why the DD line needs to get their **** together as a whole.
Hard to get noticed when you have 6 minutes of TOI after 2 in an emotional game... Not Therrien's best call.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:20 PM
BigHab*

What a bunch of useless tithead losers...can't even beat a decimated Ruins team filled with retarded AHL players. Time for Bergevin to rid himself of some pathetic scrap. Can't believe I tried to stay awake suffering from the flu but thankfully, God in His mercy allowed me to sleep to through much of the sorrowful parts. Time for Hab fans to admit once and for all the Ruins rule! God, what a sickening team to watch. My neighbour's boy could have put the puck in the net on all those wide open chances but those useless, tithead, pathetic, ignorammus, bonehead, pecker-faced excuses for professional hockey players couldn't? Might as well give Bergevin the first pick now, for God's sake! God save the Queen! and all the other Queens and little girls on this team.

Old
PyrettaBlaze

RDS defending Eller. Finally.

Poulet Kostopoulos

If this is the trend, Eller should replace Cole or Gionta.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Undertakerqc

Plekanec was terrible tonight. No surprise though has he always dissapears in big games. Was scared all game long.

Subban took stupid penalties.

Lars Eller was good.

Old
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
A hot goalie and a terrible start to the 3rd doomed us. We played well enough for the other 58 minutes but I knew we'd be hard pressed to get one past Rask that wasn't a flukey tip like Subban's goal.

Cole needs to wake up. He's played maybe 2 good games so far and this wasn't one of them. Patches was fine and DD was the best player on that line IMO.

Pleks played pretty well but if he had buried one of his 3 glorious chances we'd be singing a different tune. Blew his coverage on the GWG too. Gionta was pretty invisible (1 goal in 8 games now?) but Bourque continued his good play.

Fourth line was all right. Armstrong played probably his best game of the year (not saying much). Eller too really needed to bury his chances but showed some jump. Moen was invisible.

D wasn't great. Emelin gets exposed pretty badly when he gets running around in his own zone trying to figure out who to cover, and he lost it on the first goal. Markov was all right but his passes seemed off and overall very casual. Terrible pass/shot at the end of the game to seal it for the B's. Subban was both ends of the spectrum, a nice goal and a backbreaking, stupid penalty. Bouillon played really well. Gorges and Diaz were all right. Price was good.

Sucks to lose that way and to that team, but you just gotta move on. It wasn't a terrible effort by any means.
That sums it up pretty well. We saw the same game tonight.

Old
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Hard to get noticed when you have 6 minutes of TOI after 2 in an emotional game... Not Therrien's best call.
Reason being that every time they're on the ice they get hemmed in their own zone. You can only make the minutes that easy. Therein lies the problem of having two 'soft minute' centres in your top 9.

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:

I thought Armstrong was about the same as Moen. Unimportant.

Old
Hugo Sham

we got stoned by a hot goalie but it's evident we lack size at center and to a certain extent on the wings still. especially against a team with Boston's size. Can't wait till Tinordi's around to deal with some of their size.

Closed Thread